Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,052 members, 7,976,996 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 05:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12595304 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16670) (16671) (16672) (16673) (16674) (16675) (16676) ... (16815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 6:06pm On Sep 14
solonnachi:

How this guy dropped form for Southampton and even Nigeria is still a mystery to me ooo.

It's not a case of dropping form, he doesn't have the necessary physical requirements to play at an elite level

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 6:07pm On Sep 14
AlhajiDanladi:
Uche should must make the SE squad, the Iheanacho and Awoniyi era should be over at this point...those guys offer us absolutely nothing.
nope
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 6:08pm On Sep 14
Mujtahida:

It's his social media antics people yabbed not his footballing abilities. From what I saw over the two matches, Boni will be important for us.

He was bashed for his display in our matches folks used his social media stunts to taunt the player. We are too judgemental as a people myself inclusive

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 6:11pm On Sep 14
Sugarboyy:

Amuneke thinks we are still in the u17 level.
He go learn new things coaching a senior team

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 6:12pm On Sep 14
Sugarboyy:

Just say your mind 😂
Water don find him level
Make he nor carry Heartland go relegation
Heartland has been going on relegation for the past 3 seasons but you always see them back to the npfl the next season. Which magic them dy do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:14pm On Sep 14
charlesemeka85:
bros they are not similar in any way

Adriano was too complete. In his prime he was the closest thing to R9. Bobo was unplayable with shooting power that can be compared to that of few

No disrespect to Boniface but no try compare him to Adriano unless u no watch the Brazilian during his prime
He was sharp, sleek, bombastic, a complete forward. Could play anywhere forward. He was the true heir to R9's throne. Very unfortunate what happened to him. A big loss to football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:16pm On Sep 14
Goke7:

He was bashed for his display in our matches folks used his social media stunts to taunt the player. We are too judgemental as a people myself inclusive
Toh we no get joy na. So small thing they will pile on you. But even though I don't like his SM antics which I see as unprofessional, I have faith in him that he will be a good attacking option for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:16pm On Sep 14
Mourinho's criticism really improved Osimhen's game.

I've never seen him so physically assertive before. No dive, Haaland-esque
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:17pm On Sep 14
Victor Boniface speaks about his "Pants down" celebration

"I didn't want to provoke anyone, I did it in front of our fans. It's a TikTok trend from a big influencer in Nigeria. I promised him I would celebrate like that, I just hadn't scored yet!"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:19pm On Sep 14
Meliforme:

Boniface is also complete.
Oga Meli Meli kinan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:19pm On Sep 14
Osimhen two shots, two headers.

OsimAIRn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:27pm On Sep 14
Osimhen celebrates!!!

But did he touch it.

Take off.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:27pm On Sep 14
Mujtahida:

He will come good. I don use yori yori eye see am. I like his movement. And if there's one person to give us goals from tight corners and impossible

angles, it is Boniface. This I have seen.

Yea …he has d clutch moments in him…I am taking notes anyway …meanwhile where u don reach as per my application?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 6:27pm On Sep 14
Osimhen scores

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:27pm On Sep 14
Osimheeeeeeen!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 6:28pm On Sep 14
Osimhen...

Na dem go Taya.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:29pm On Sep 14
TheLoneCitizen:
Osimhen two shots, two headers.

OsimAIRn

Third shot
Third header.
Goal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:30pm On Sep 14
TheSuperNerd:
Victor Boni-BRACE cooking defenders for fun in the Bundesliga.

A Striker that loves to bamboozle defences like Ronaldo De Lima and add flourish to his finish. A highly Technically gifted beast.

Note: This is not saying he is everything like Ronaldo de phenomenon oooo. Don't misquote me abeg.🤣🤣
You quickly put caveat 😂😂😂 to avoid wetin dey happen to the Boniface - Adriano conversation

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:32pm On Sep 14
TheLoneCitizen:
Osimhen celebrates!!!

But did he touch it.

Take off.

As feared. The goal has been taken from Osimhen and given to Bardakci.

Osimhen didn't touch the ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:33pm On Sep 14
chrisooblog:
Adriano! one of footballs great what ifs. You're spot on when you say he was very similar to R9. Pity depression took its toll on a very promising career.

I think Boniface is too unique in his skill set to pigeonhole that he is a this or that. If Boni had Osimhen mad focus and ginger it would have been all over for the football world.

He better tighten up. Jay Jay was a casual player until the early 2000s. Who knows what great things he'd have achieved if he had been laser focused early on. By the time he got the focus, the energy no too dey again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:36pm On Sep 14
TheSuperNerd:
Truth is when Boniface settles into the GWG, he would absolutely lift even further the dynamics of our attack.

He just needs to add the ability to use his immense physicality when need be to really utterly dominate defences (like Osimhen does) and not depend on his highly technical side alone.

Have it on lock and we have the most unstoppable Striker on the planet. Even more than Haaland, I dare say but only IF...
I know what my yori yori eyes saw. It's simply down to two or three things.
His movements
He was present
He's daring.

What he will do ehn, e go sweet. He will surely add more flavor to our attack.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:36pm On Sep 14
charlesemeka85:
Osimheeeeeeen!!

lol for turkey league …@thesupernerd ur boy must score 6goals today o to meet up haaland 2goals 😊😊😊

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:40pm On Sep 14
elyte89:

Yea …he has d clutch moments in him…I am taking notes anyway …meanwhile where u don reach as per my application?
😂😂😂😂 Ohh God! Make una save me from this client.

Anyway NFF will meet on your matter on Tuesday. By Wednesday they will present your matter at FEC meeting. Hope dey. I assure you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:42pm On Sep 14
Osimhen's first victim.

Knocked out. Subbed off.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:54pm On Sep 14
Solid first half from Victor.
Very confident. Very comfortable.

Will he score, 100%.
Galatasaray just need to calm down and stop trying too hard.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 6:55pm On Sep 14
The goal is his! I dey see am for screen here.

Osimhen! 🔥🔥
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:57pm On Sep 14
TheSuperNerd:
Adriano scored vs Argentina in the 2004 Copa final. It was 2-2 before Brazil went on to win 4-2 on penalties.

Adriano scored the late equaliser for Brazil. Check from 12.58 although I don't think this is the particular goal you refer to

He was top scorer of that Copa 2004 with 7 goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glrmIycH_9Q?si=SsgQZzLmnSbrgAKg

The 3-0 final was in 2007. Adriano didn't score because he didn't play.

I love watching old football clips.
But I didn't see familiar names like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Cafu, Kaka, Carlos in the Brazilian side. They were all still active at this time na.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:01pm On Sep 14
BankyGee:
The goal is his! I dey see am for screen here.

Osimhen! 🔥🔥

His teammate got the final touch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:02pm On Sep 14
Sugarboyy:

Looking at Boniface playing for the SE recently, you will noticed that he looked overweight.
I'm sure with more games for Leverkusen, he will return to full fitness and regain his shape.
We might see a better Boniface during the next qualifiers.
Seriously, wish the SE can play Osimhen as 9 with Lookman and Boniface at his back as SS.
As in 3 of them in front? Mouth watering just thinking about it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 7:05pm On Sep 14
Complicated goal. It was recorded as an assist for him on Flashscore and Sofascore...

Second half incoming 📨

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9(m): 7:08pm On Sep 14
Sugarboyy:

Seriously, wish the SE can play Osimhen as 9 with Lookman and Boniface at his back as SS.

You get sense. If we wan do 3-4-2-1, it should be with those 3
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by witorwitoutyou(m): 7:11pm On Sep 14
charlesemeka85

post=132001783:

Osimheeeeeeen!!

C DIS IDIOT

LAYING CLAIMS OVER SOMEONE ELSE GOAL IN AN INFERIOR LEAGUE WEY HIM MATE DEY BANG GOALS FOR BETTER LEAGUES

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16670) (16671) (16672) (16673) (16674) (16675) (16676) ... (16815) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), elyte89, Ppogbae, Goke7, TheSuperNerd(m), Bbdot(m), Sugarboyy(m), Tessyy1701, Zonofman(m), lakesidepapa(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.