Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,822 members, 7,972,939 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 10:44 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16758) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12566983 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16755) (16756) (16757) (16758) (16759) (16760) (16761) ... (16779) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Giftimoni: 3:36pm On Oct 10
Exactly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlC4-bW6_Ps
Joezinho:

Alright , egbon. But if he’s not starting in forest due to a terrible injury, why is he getting call ups? That’s my point..

But like you said, Eguavoen should answer that. 😊
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:41pm On Oct 10
Kog45:
My point is simple Joe man….Awo not starting in Forest is due to a terrible injury he suffered….unfit Awo over Dessers?Eguavoen should answer that….mind you I would rather have George or Tolu over Awo than Dessers in the list.

It’s sad to say but awoniyi is washed as a striker

Same thing that happened to balogun with Lewis dunk

That’s the same challenge awoniyi is facing

Step up to the challenge injury is not an excuse you’re being paid billions to get your health and nutrition right

Plain and simple the attack belongs to wood at the moment awoniyi is just a sidekick

Same way ihenacho couldn’t seize the attack from an old vardy

I don’t know if the system set our boys to fail or they just couldn’t step up

If mola wasn't doing as great as he is right now i would have thought the system was against our boys

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 4:10pm On Oct 10
typicalgamer:

It’s sad to say but awoniyi is washed as a striker

Same thing that happened to balogun with Lewis dunk

That’s the same challenge awoniyi is facing

Step up to the challenge injury is not an excuse you’re being paid billions to get your health and nutrition right

Plain and simple the attack belongs to wood at the moment awoniyi is just a sidekick

Same way ihenacho couldn’t seize the attack from an old vardy

I don’t know if the system set our boys to fail or they just couldn’t step up

If mola wasn't doing as great as he is right now i would have thought the system was against our boys

It is too early in the season to say awoniyi is washed. He will be alright by at most January. Its just injury. Washed as I. Hiw. A lot of clubs will even beg awoniyi tonally for them if he leaves. Any average team in the top 5 league will beg for him. I don't see or understand any decline
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 4:36pm On Oct 10
chrisooblog:
Honestly! Trying to fix what is not broken. Nwabali hasn't done anything seriously woeful for me to start calling for his removal as number 1.

Okoye is getting better no doubt but this PR campaign by his fanboys is really puzzling at worst and irritating at best.

My brother, if it's an entirely new keeper we say we should know what he's all about but it's Okoye lol, that he was invited at all is a huge bonus for him let him stay at the bench jor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 4:38pm On Oct 10
Osimhen should take responsibility of his body at this stage, it's not every challenge that he should fly into, he's a grown man now which kain injuries be this one

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TradingGod: 4:59pm On Oct 10
Subzerooo:
Osimhen should take responsibility of his body at this stage, it's not every challenge that he should fly into, he's a grown man now which kain injuries be this one
no be lie

Gidigbo football no dey pay again, now na statistics people dey look for

Case study, halland

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:10pm On Oct 10
Philosopher1979:

It is too early in the season to say awoniyi is washed. He will be alright by at most January. Its just injury. Washed as I. Hiw. A lot of clubs will even beg awoniyi tonally for them if he leaves. Any average team in the top 5 league will beg for him. I don't see or understand any decline

I said this same thing last season if awoniyi has done half of his job wood won’t be starter and we won’t be debating his inclusion into the super eagles squad

But what the point of buying a guard dog that can’t guard

I repeat injury is not an excuse he has the physique of a Greek god

He’s been paid billions to keep himself healthy clearly he’s punched above his weight

Today in tomorrow out
Next week doubtful
Next month injury reserve

Why wouldn’t wood take the team as his own

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:12pm On Oct 10
Philosopher1979:

Washed doesn’t mean good or bad player

Washed means your form and injury

If benzema was injury prone coupled with those lackluster performance from earlier in his career

He would have been shipped with the likes of them higuain, granero and drenthe by now

Good or bad just be available that’s the secret just be available
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:30pm On Oct 10
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1AtTrqEusP/

Iheanacho don turn businessman for camp grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:47pm On Oct 10
Danielnino00:
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1AtTrqEusP/

Iheanacho don turn businessman for camp grin grin

This man ehn. Iheanacho is a certified clown. He is effortlessly funny. You cant just help but laugh. Of all places, na Super Eagles Camp baba dey hawk😭😭😭
😭

Living up to the Igbo business blood! 😭

Already exploiting his alternative career route...

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:52pm On Oct 10
Mr Lulu to AS Roma? 🤔

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:06pm On Oct 10
Roma are eyeing Nottingham Forest fullback Ola Aina.

The defender joined Forest last year from Torino.

The Nigeria international is on a contract that expires next summer and La Gazzetta dello Sport says Roma are showing interest in the 28-year-old.

The Italian giants are considering making a bid for Aina in January.

Forest is said to want €12-15m to sell Aina over the winter market.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:25pm On Oct 10
Interesting. Would be following closely in the Jan Window.

charlesemeka85:
Roma are eyeing Nottingham Forest fullback Ola Aina.

The defender joined Forest last year from Torino.

The Nigeria international is on a contract that expires next summer and La Gazzetta dello Sport says Roma are showing interest in the 28-year-old.

The Italian giants are considering making a bid for Aina in January.

Forest is said to want €12-15m to sell Aina over the winter market.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:39pm On Oct 10
Cape Verde losing at home to Botswana and our friendly neighbors are playing goalless with Sudan currently. As we all know, no more minors in African football again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 6:39pm On Oct 10
charlesemeka85:
Mr Lulu to AS Roma? 🤔
Why would he swap Nottingham for Roma, this is not the 1990s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:42pm On Oct 10
AndSunGorilla:
Cape Verde losing at home to Botswana and our friendly neighbors are playing goalless with Sudan currently. As we all know, no more minors in African football again.

Minnows still Dey 😎

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:56pm On Oct 10
Ghana on the verge of a barren draw at home against a lowly Sudan. Amusing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sugarboyy(m): 7:01pm On Oct 10
MetalJigsaw:
The match has ended scoreless draw.
Ghana can't even win minor's at home anymore.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sugarboyy(m): 7:03pm On Oct 10
AndSunGorilla:
You might say between African countries.
Most of these countries in Africa can't play an average European or even Asian countries without been beating black and blue

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:19pm On Oct 10
elyte89:

Minnows still Dey 😎
Look at Guinea Fowl beating us at home, Lesotho almost did, we couldn't even beat Rwanda, the gap don reduce o for African football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:33pm On Oct 10
Udogie condemned to the bench by Calafiori, and it seems the benching would continue for a long time. He should just have played for us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SamueItem337(m): 8:04pm On Oct 10
Subzerooo:

Why would he swap Nottingham for Roma, this is not the 1990s
Nottingham Forest that have been struggling relegation for the pass two seasons and have no hope of playing in Europe? 😒

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 8:22pm On Oct 10
MetalJigsaw:

Kudus closing minute open net miss may likely hurt him..Partey stylishly avoided the match. They have to win Sudan on Tuesday in Libya, if not,they may miss out of next Afcon. Coach of Sudan is a Ghanaian and former Black Stars coach..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 9:23pm On Oct 10
Sugarboyy:

The match has ended scoreless draw.
Ghana can't even win minor's at home anymore.

I would not poke fingers at our bothers at this point in time. We ourselves risk missing the world cup and must keep out heads down until the end of the qualification round.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sugarboyy(m): 9:44pm On Oct 10
Ppogbae:

I would not poke fingers at our bothers at this point in time. We ourselves risk missing the world cup and must keep out heads down until the end of the qualification round.
We are still by far better than them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 9:46pm On Oct 10
SamueItem337:
Nottingham Forest that have been struggling relegation for the pass two seasons and have no hope of playing in Europe? 😒

Wetin Roma dey play for Europe, get demolished in 3 group stage matches and back to playing Monza, make he stay in England biko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SamueItem337(m): 9:52pm On Oct 10
Subzerooo:

Wetin Roma dey play for Europe, get demolished in 3 group stage matches and back to playing Monza, make he stay in England biko
Europa conference league winners 3 seasons ago?
And even went on the play in the finals of the Europa League the next season

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by trendingnigeria: 10:25pm On Oct 10
terzurum5:
"The New Super Eagles Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup and The Dawn of a New Era (The Next Golden Generation)".

hmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb2-lI7nM2I
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:25pm On Oct 10
charlesemeka85:
i will pick Nwabali ahead of Maduka but we all shouldn’t be carried away by the number of clean sheets Nwabali had in the afcon/since his debut for the super eagles because the team had the best Defensive unit at the last afcon

Nwabali didn’t face much danger in goal expect the PK shoutout against SA and the finals against CIV which the team lost due to Fatigue

I love Nwabali’s composure but I still believe he is yet to be tested in the colors of the national team
WCQ Nigeria vs Ghana, our defence was good but we conceded because of bad goalkeeper error. Nigeria vs Tunisia, another good defence but we lost from a weak shoot from 20yards. Do you want our defender to allow our opponents chance to shoot so you will be satisfied that Nwabali have been tested

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:30pm On Oct 10
charlesemeka85:
Since Nwabali took over the GK starting shirt for the team the toughest opposition we hv faced is CIV 🤔😏

Mk we meet better ranked teams in friendlies Mk dem bombard our 18 yard box with fierce attacks and shots fess Mk I check something 😊
We face them twice, you feel cameroun and s/Africa are not tough because of how good he was coordinating his defence.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:31pm On Oct 10
typicalgamer:

Washed doesn’t mean good or bad player

Washed means your form and injury

If benzema was injury prone coupled with those lackluster performance from earlier in his career

He would have been shipped with the likes of them higuain, granero and drenthe by now

Good or bad just be available that’s the secret just be available

Men, you tried to remember Royston Drenthe. I have totally forgotten about that guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:50pm On Oct 10
opes:

Kudus closing minute open net miss may likely hurt him..Partey stylishly avoided the match. They have to win Sudan on Tuesday in Libya, if not,they may miss out of next Afcon. Coach of Sudan is a Ghanaian and former Black Stars coach..
Did you say the Sudan coach is a Ghanaian? Damn

(1) (2) (3) ... (16755) (16756) (16757) (16758) (16759) (16760) (16761) ... (16779) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: daveP(m), charlesemeka85(m), ChrisKels, M7even(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.