Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,519 members, 7,975,069 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 04:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16796) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12581535 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16793) (16794) (16795) (16796) (16797) (16798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:59pm
semid4lyfe:

Is he on socials, I wan check something
Ah, he is!? I'm coming make I check something too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 2:00pm
For what it's worth we are lucky to have Ekong as our captain. He is a true leader. One can barely fault his actions through his communication and disposition towards this melee

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:02pm

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:03pm
Players boarding to depart Libya...

https://x.com/OgaNlaMedia/status/1845801800324018316?t=NL1gYG7xqkZD4oOcxSz8jw&s=19

Courtesy: @OganlaMedia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mekabuachi(f): 2:05pm
I hope with this ordeal SE will know that Nigerians value them despite the blacklash sometimes😌

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:06pm

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 2:06pm
M7even:

Why should they make arrangements public. Relax you really need to understand security management. That's not how things work. Recently a super sport staff was killed, and you saying logistics should be given to the public. I guess you are not experienced when it comes to such

Your fellow ignorant Nigerians are all over the internet blasting the country to justify the treatment of the eagles in Libya. what we need the nff to do is just an overview of how visiting teams are taken care of in Nigeria, we see updates on the arrival of our team into camp there's nothing wrong in knowing how the visiting team too arrives, That will enlighten the public on how visiting teams are treated. it's not too much to ask for ok?

Always calm down and read things in context, you're too in a hurry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mekabuachi(f): 2:07pm
Odunayaw:
POOJA reports that aviation fuel was sold ×5 the normal price to the team!

Too bad language barrier won't allow Nigerians vent to our heart's content
Me I go still curse them ooh... I don already start sef
Anyone them hear e concern them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hotepking: 2:08pm
Love how all the top clubs across Europe are speaking up for our players on their socials, goes to show our players are top assets to their clubs...imagine a Balon d'or nominee and prospective APOY like Lookman being held hostage like some common street beggar, Atalanta will go bunkers.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 2:08pm
Odunayaw:
This is how we treated them badly o

https://x.com/DAMIADENUGA/status/1845795163131490435?t=5YaAjjhcMXwFInIpokeF3A&s=19

@M7even this is what am taking about ok?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:11pm
CNN too. Meaning as e touch UK, e enter American mainstream media space as well. The Libyans didn't calculate this well at all.

https://x.com/Toyin_Ibitoye/status/1845805673059127639?t=sKLKQXnpu8jTZZYxzQZXEA&s=19

charlesemeka85:
Skysports don carry the matter

https://x.com/skysportsnews/status/1845793541101936903?s=46

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:18pm
So Libya counted Nigerian Super Eagles as a NPFL club to be messed with!

Woe to the ones who brought the idea, to the ones who crafted the plan, to the ones who carried it out and to the ones who supported it.

Exceeding woe to those in authority who do nothing about it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel17: 2:25pm
TheSuperNerd:
CNN too. Meaning as e touch UK, e enter American mainstream media space as well. The Libyans didn't calculate this well at all.

https://x.com/Toyin_Ibitoye/status/1845805673059127639?t=sKLKQXnpu8jTZZYxzQZXEA&s=19

I hear the CAF president was pleading for the SE to play the game anyways. That goes to show that he knows the impact this would have on the reputation of African football as a whole.

All our players are big international stars. The world is watching.

If CAF awards the win to Libya or reschedules the game without giving significant sanctions on Libya, CAF has humiliated itself internationally and set a horrible precedent for African football.

This means in future any home team that isn't confident of winning can simply frustrate the visiting team to the point where the game gets abandoned and the home team bags free three points.

That would be the death of international football in Africa.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 2:27pm
Odunayaw:
So Libya counted Nigerian Super Eagles as a NPFL club to be messed with!

Woe to the ones who brought the idea, to the ones who crafted the plan, to the ones who carried it out and to the ones who supported it.

Exceeding woe to those in authority who do nothing about it

they thought they were dealing with the typical suffering and smiling Nigerians, dem no know say na Europeans dem dey deal with chai. I bet you the Eagles of old would have gone ahead to play this match. Na dem go encourage nff dem to go ahead. omo e good to get better captain wey sabi. Ekong is too much, I bet you no north African team will try this again even with local club sides. Everybody don wise up now.

If they wanted revenge actually, there are smarter ways to go about it and even your guest won't know but they met a different breed of Nigerians who understand best practices, shame dey catch me for Libya sef grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:27pm
Sports minister @OwanEnoh says CAF boss Motsepe wants Nigeria to play on Tuesday. “I’ve instead informed CAF that the concern of the Government and people of Nigeria is the safety of the team and their safe return, urging that CAF should focus on working with us to achieve this.”

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 2:35pm
wetin dey pain me pass na how SouthAfricans are happily supporting Libya🙆🏼, so SA on facebook are saying “at this point, my blood is Libyan”
they are also citing that we treated them bad when they came for WCQ…omo na wa o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:35pm
Libya must not escape sanctions.... NFF, the sport ministry and ministry of foreign affairs must make sure of that.. T-pain should make himself useful for once...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mekabuachi(f): 2:35pm
This one una coach never talk anything... Shey high BP never kill that man😩
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:37pm
minfelix:
wetin dey pain me pass na how SouthAfricans are happily supporting Libya🙆🏼, so SA on facebook are saying “at this point, my blood is Libyan”
they are also citing that we treated them bad when they came for WCQ…omo na wa o

Kenyans are saying the same thing about how we treated them in 2013...
I understand that mistakes can happen when it comes to things like this, but I doubt we ever intentionally do it..
The Libyans are doing it intentionally to prove a point..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:39pm
Goke7:

they thought they were dealing with the typical suffering and smiling Nigerians, dem no know say na Europeans dem dey deal with chai. I bet you the Eagles of old would have gone ahead to play this match. Na dem go encourage nff dem to go ahead. omo e good to get better captain wey sabi. Ekong is too much, I bet you no north African team will try this again even with local club sides. Everybody don wise up now.

If they wanted revenge actually, there are smarter ways to go about it and even your guest won't know but they met a different breed of Nigerians who understand best practices, shame dey catch me for Libya sef grin
You're very correct. The just-manage factory settings of Nigerians no de these boys body.

I saw one local fowl (do not excuse my language!) posting that he finds calls that the SE should boycott the match funny. People did the philanthropic work of correcting him colorfully.

I do not know any African country who has been on the receiving end of all sort of robberies than NG yet no talk of revenge, but that dunghill nation under the inspiration of expired shisha thinks they're so special!

T-pain's sins so far will be atoned for if he uses state machinery to cause some form of payback to these Lizards Libyans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 2:42pm
minfelix:

what do you expect when the CAF President is from SA. They are all bloody cowards that can't compete, is it today we have been hosting games, do you how many qualifiers have been played in different cities in Nigeria?

Let them go ahead and ban Nigeria from Afcon we have been there before, it's even the same SA that made Abacha then to withdraw Nigeria from 1996 Afcon hosted in SA. Too many mediocres in the African game abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 2:42pm
Danielnino00:

I understand that mistakes can happen when it comes to things like this, but I doubt we ever intentionally do it..
na this matter i use know say, we have many many many beefers in Africa oo🤣🤣🤣….ppl dey beef oo, that 1-0 win against Libya pain them shaa.
this is the same energy our yeye NFF ought to have use to fight for Lookman’s goal against Rwanda and libya

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:44pm
TheSuperNerd:

13 hours? What were they thinking? Them think say na Niger abi Malawi ?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:44pm
I don't just talk oo. 👇👇👇Expressing the same sentiment as I did this morning on Ghaddafi. Please you guys should also go and read about how Ghaddafi intervened last minute for Libya to host Afcon 82 after Ghana pulled out for financial reasons

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 2:45pm
Danielnino00:

those ones sabi play ball? a country that took their team to a primary sch bare pitch to warm up?, do they look like a country that will win afcon even in the next 100 years? Let's talk about more serious people abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:48pm
TheSuperNerd:
Elyte89, no be to dey shout Ugandan say you wan be Super Eagles coach. No be only on the field, your coaching job go be ooo, off the field dey too.... now if you were the coach in this situation, wetin you go tell your lads? 😭😭😭

I hope you are watching and learning.

Omo Libyan FA and their govt guys do pass this movie sef... 13 hours: the secret soldiers of benghazi.

My lawyer(Mujtahida) will release a full statement about the incident later today.Thank you for concerns.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 2:50pm
TheSuperNerd:
Memories!!!
Enyimba in 2003 and 2004. Hellish!!!

In fact 2003 especially, Enyimba vs USM Algiers in the semis and then Ismaily in the final to finally break that Nigerian clubs curse in the CAF CL is for me the most dogged show of mental strength any Nigerian team displayed against the horrific cowardly tactics of the North Africans. Gosh!!!!

What Enyimba endured to bring home that prize was insane. On and off the field. Damn it!!

Bruhhh!! It was so crazy. It was a crazy leap for enyimba to conquer Africa . Those mofos hide the cup live and refused to give us the cup until intervention.. 😂😂

Fun fact, that Enyimba of 2003/04 was the pride. Ndidi Anumunu, Vincent Enyeama, Obinna Nwaneri, David Tyavkase, Muri Ogunbiyi and the rest were on fire. 🔥
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 2:58pm
Joezinho:

Bruhhh!! It was so crazy. It was a crazy leap for enyimba to conquer Africa . Those mofos hide the cup live and refused to give us the cup until intervention.. 😂😂

Fun fact, that Enyimba of 2003/04 was the pride. Ndidi Anumunu, Vincent Enyeama, Obinna Nwaneri, David Tyavkase, Muri Ogunbiyi and the rest were on fire. 🔥

That was a solid team
And orji Uzo Kalu was also playing the administrative politics as well

We need people with balls in the NFF administrative structure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:58pm
....Ekene Ezenwa, Joetex Frimpong, Michael Ochei (scorer of the winner in the semis vs USMA in 2003), Romanus Orjinta, Onyekachi Okonkwo, Yusuf Mohammed (#7), Ajibade Omolade, etc.

Their names are etched forever in my head. Heroes eternal for me.

Modified: How dare I forget to include Dele Aiyenugba? Ahhh forgive me history.

Joezinho:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:59pm
Goke7:

Thank God the boys are coming back home safely…..Ekong did yeoman job and kudos to him for leading the team very well but my man Goke7,are you saying Christian Chuckwu,Stephen Keshi and Sunday Oliseh of old eagles would have played the match and even beg NFF? capital NO…..Keshi especially always supports his colleagues in any situation and Nigeria appreciated him more for that….In this situation,I don’t see any captains that would tell his colleagues to go ahead with the game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 3:00pm
minfelix:
the south africans are just looking for something to attach on. that match coincided with the protests that disrupted even our players movement so what were they expecting? special treatment?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:03pm
This is all i was saying

(1) (2) (3) ... (16793) (16794) (16795) (16796) (16797) (16798) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kentebemoney, bishop88, Hotepking, Cecco90, Toylove, kingphilip(m), kellycute(m), M7even(m), chrisooblog, mekabuachi(f), brewdave(m), Odunayaw(m), TradingGod, Clint02(m), Philosopher1979, charlesemeka85(m), JayromWrites and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.