Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,124 members, 7,977,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 11:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16818) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12596977 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16815) (16816) (16817) (16818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:56pm
Odunayaw:
I no rate am again o.

He just tried to knock Tuggar, was caught pants down and now he is saying his waist is actually at his ankle grin

What are you even typing? There was no diplomatic headway in the meeting. It is in black and white.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:57pm
Odunayaw:
The Libyan football federation is under which government? GNU or GNS
TheGoodJoe I'm still waiting o cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:58pm
TheGoodJoe:

What are you even typing? There was no diplomatic headway in the meeting. It is in black and white.
You're the one obtusely asking why there was that meeting in the first place and I'm schooling you that the LFF is under the international recognised GNU government that was rightly engaged first by the MFA.

I just dumbed it down for you. Surprise me and get it Sir

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 9:06pm
humility33:

Sack the NFF chairman and get FIFA hammer

No matter how incompetent those lots are you can't sack them their immunity comes from FIFA Clause of no government interference in football matters but government funds can interfere

You missed the sarcasm 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:08pm
Odunayaw:
You're the one obtusely asking why there was that meeting in the first place and I'm schooling you that the LFF is under the international recognised GNU government that was rightly engaged first by the MFA.

I just dumbed it down for you. Surprise me and get it Sir

It seems you don't understand we should have the details of their travel route before departure. This should have been known months ago.

Na wa.

I have been talking contingency plans and measures since yesterday.

This is clear that the Minister and most likely the NFF didn't do any research regarding this. Despite the likelihood of our players traveling to such area.

I repeat, what are they doing in those offices.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:11pm
oloriooko:
Libya football association had all planned out before flying down here
What happened to SE in Libya was part of the script
Out of desperation to qualify they planned to sabotage their own flight and get themselves stranded so they can execute the final phase of the evil plan in Libya by doing same to SE
Believe it or not a north African especially the Muslim can do anything to justify his actions provided he believes he's fighting for what he thinks is right

Many questions lurking but shall we get the truth from both sides?
If the SE pilot came out to talk (if the footage is authentic) then where is the Libya pilot that flew them to PH

There must be recorded air traffic comms where we can get the truth and I believe CAF should go all way to dig out the truth and punish the culprit approximately
Libya planned to get points off Nigeria on and off the pitch.

Where I see the Libyans shot themselves in the foot was the captain openly boasting of retaliation against SE for the bad treatment they got here and I ask does he think he has the right to do that when CAF is there to complain to. If CAF thought the decision of SE to return home was unfounded the match would have gone ahead without them and Libya would have been awarded 3 points and 3 goals according to the rules.

Oga please take religion out of the discussion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:11pm
When I signed out for our broda matter na when he say real madrid parked the bus to win the UCL and dude went on for days convincing us how Man City was beta.... Like they were robbed. God is in trouble if he ever tries to argue with him. I can imagine a dialogue like this.

TheGoodJoe: Hello Almighty, I have a few questions

God: Shoot son

TheGoodJoe: When you knew you were gonna wipe Sodom and Gomorra out, why did you create them? I need you to provide "Clarity"

God: Well, I tried to warn them.... Plus their cup was full

TheGoodJoe: But couldn't you have been more patient?

God: I was patient just like I was in the days of Noah

TheGoodJoe: And that's another thing. You wiped the whole earth just to prove a point. Are you gonna also say you were patient

God: yip son.... I was. I even asked Noah to tell them.... 500 years is a lot of time for warning naughty people.

TheGoodJoe: But if you knew you were gonna wipe everyone out with flood, why make man in the first place?

God: Well, I am God Almighty, you know? I did it because I wanted to

TheGoodJoe: You need to provide clarity on that. You shouldnt be doing things like that

I leave the rest to your imaginations yall. But you get the point abi?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:13pm
TheGoodJoe:

It seems you don't understand we should have the details of their travel route before departure. This should have been known months ago.

Na wa.

This is clear that the Minister and most likely the NFF didn't do any research regarding this. Despite the likelihood of our players traveling to such area.

Gasps!

Travel route was straight flight to Benghazi Bernina!!! Libyan authorities rerouted the team mid air to Al Abraq, Derna!
Why are you this thick na embarassed

WTF do you mean contingency plans! NFF were supposed to through divination know their host will divert them abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16pm
Odunayaw:
Gasps!

Travel route was Benghazi Bernina!!! Libyan authorities rerouted the team mid air to Al Abraq, Derna!
Why are you this thick na

WTF do you mean contingency plans! NFF were supposed to through divination know their host will divert them abi?

Please, phones and emails do exist. Reports on these should be shared. Information before hand should be known. The offices are set up to do things like this.

Haba. Divination. No, the offices are for lounging.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 9:18pm
Make Una leave bluefont ooo. Make Una watch our female U17 match against New Zealand. New Zealand goalkeeper na confirmed basket. Na shoot at sight the girls dey do. 2 nil up on 13 minutes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:23pm
TheGoodJoe:

Please, phones and emails do exist. Reports on these should be shared. Information before hand should be known. The offices are set up to do things like this.

Haba. Divination. No, the offices are for lounging.
The pilot of the SE plane already spoke.

Air travel is not a Bolt drive where the driver is looking for different routes to get to Rumuola. Talking of "travel route" is just proof you don't know what you're saying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 9:27pm
AndSunGorilla:

Oga please take religion out of the discussion.

Have you met this people?
Pray you don't meet them
This is not religion it's culture
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:27pm
Odunayaw:
The pilot of the SE plane already spoke.

Air travel is not a Bolt drive where the driver is looking for different routes to get to Rumuola. Talking of "travel route" is just proof you don't know what you're saying

Point clearly made. The Minister and likely the NFF did not know our players were in the hands of the government we had no diplomatic ties. This should have been known months ago.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:34pm
TheGoodJoe:

Point clearly made. The Minister and likely the NFF did not know our players were in the hands of the government we had no diplomatic ties. This should have been known months ago.

Finito.
This is a nonsense take.

The NFF should have known the LFF who is the liaison between the dual government of Libya will strand us.

You are a Libyan abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:51pm
From the Pilot:
The flight plan was to land at Benghazi, Benina, and we had the approval from the Libyan Civil Aviation Authority to do so,”

“However, when we began our descent, they instructed us to divert to Al-Abraq, which is almost 150 miles away, around 300 kilometres east. It wasn’t even (listed as) our alternate airport, something which is not good,” he added.

In aviation, we have our flight plan, we calculate the fuel to our destination, so we have to avoid this kind of thing because it may make a breach to safety,”

“When I asked to land in Benghazi according to my flight plan and according to my authorisation, they said no, it’s from the highest authority, you have to land in Al-Abraq."

”Everything is registered in aviation, we cannot hide anything, so I asked them several times, at least eight times, and I warned them, probably I will be in trouble for fuel; they said it’s from highest authority, you cannot land in Benghazi, you have to divert immediately to Al-Abraq,”

"The truth was we were going to Benghazi, and I can show you the evidence of the approval, I have it. But at the last minute, they changed their mind and changed the airport.

Worst kinds of people to have on your team are trojans like Joe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:55pm
Odunayaw:
This is a nonsense take.

The NFF should have known the LFF who is the liaison between the dual government of Libya will strand us.

You are a Libyan abeg

Na wa for you.

Oya Emergency happened and let LFF Liaison the dual government.

Stay in office and wait for Liaison.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:01pm
Odunayaw:
From the Pilot:

Worst kinds of people to have on your team are trojans like Joe

Attacking won't help you here. We did not have sufficient information about where we were going to and it could have caused our players their lives. The Foreign affairs Ministry and NFF were lost in this scenario.

Have your team without me. I don't sail with negligence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:02pm
TheGoodJoe:

Na wa for you.

Oya Emergency happened and let LFF Liaison the dual government.

Stay in office and wait for Liaison.
Give that your phone to someone who reads English and understand so they can relate to you in your native tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aicon4s: 10:03pm
Who else is watching our Flamingos hammering New Zealand 3:0 at HT grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:05pm
TheGoodJoe:

Attacking won't help you here. We did not have sufficient information about where we were going to and it could have caused our players their lives. The Foreign affairs Ministry and NFF were lost in this scenario.

Have your team without me. I don't sail with negligence.
I almost feel pity for you.

Pilot, NFF: The destination approved and headed to was Benghazi
Air-head Joe: We I didn't have sufficient information about where we were going to

Cling tightly to your ignorance Sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:19pm
Odunayaw:
I almost feel pity for you.

Pilot, NFF: The destination approved and headed to was Benghazi
Air-head Joe: We I didn't have sufficient information about where we were going to

Cling tightly to your ignorance Sir

However, not much diplomatic headway was made during the meeting with the Acting Charge of Affairs, Imad Mohammed Matooq Aboud, as they insisted that it was not under the jurisdiction of Tripoli, which they represented, but that of the Eastern Government in Benghazi.

It is not by abuse.

We went for a meeting with people that had no jurisdiction to help us because of lapses in our protocol arrangements.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 10:32pm
TheGoodJoe:

However, not much diplomatic headway was made during the meeting with the Acting Charge of Affairs, Imad Mohammed Matooq Aboud, as they insisted that it was not under the jurisdiction of Tripoli, which they represented, but that of the Eastern Government in Benghazi.

It is not by abuse.

We went for a meeting with people that had no jurisdiction to help us because of lapses in our protocol arrangements.

Finito.
You have actually been sounding utterly ridiculous since last night.. ..

Even komekn has never ever descended to these levels.

TheGoodJoe, you're one of the most respected "elders" here.
Abeg just stop this sh*t, na God I take beg you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:42pm
TheGoodJoe:

It is not by abuse.

Finito.
LFF is HQ'd in Tripoli, the government internationally recognised. It doesn't take too much brain power to deduce which government should be rung first.

A scenario is NFF puts a match in Maiduguri and the Libyan government calls ISWAP first instead of FG.

You can't be adamant and obtuse at the same time. It's a bad combo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 10:44pm
TheGoodJoe:

It is not by abuse.

Finito.

Good for the Eastern Government of Benghazi. Now the Nigerian government have their contacts. Their infamous action have been recognized but never forgotten. While the central government at Tripoli is the official one recognized by UN . We can't fault the Nigerian foreign affairs ministry for dealing with the UN recognized authority. At the end it will shape the two factions in their local politics. A big miscalculation for the Eastern Government of Benghazi.

I saw the spurious video put out by the libyan federation in a bid to save face of what they went through in Nigeria. frankly, it was their initial error that caused them that unnecessary hitch. But then their vindictiveness was a tad more extreme.

I also think they owe us an apology. But an apology means conceding to your wrong . And they are obvious hefty price for them. They will not want to accept it for one who couldn't even afford the extra cost of flying from ph to uyo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 10:44pm
People, for good mental health, avoid blue font. I repeat avoid blue font.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:48pm
Odunayaw:
LFF is HQ'd in Tripoli, the government internationally recognised. It doesn't take too much brain power to deduce which government should be rung first.

A scenario is NFF puts a match in Maiduguri and the Libyan government calls ISWAP first instead of FG.

You can't be adamant and obtuse at the same time. It's a bad combo

You better give up grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 10:56pm
Genuine question:

If there are two governments in Libya, which controls air traffic and transportation investigations? What if the clearance to land came from one government and the order to divert came from the other grin grin?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:19pm
TheGoodJoe:

Na wa.

Are you blaming the nff and minister for what happened in Libya again 😂 God have mercy

(1) (2) (3) ... (16815) (16816) (16817) (16818) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lexyman(m), Hotepking, Goke7, Afrikers, Tega9999, habayommy and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.