Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,460 members, 7,894,952 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 06:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1822) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12111733 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) ... (16447) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2017
JORDAN TORUNARIGHA

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
tbaba1234:

Bros, e don do

Wetin do Bros? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
forgiveness:
JORDAN TORUNARIGHA
Go charge your phone and come back grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Joebie:
I won't even write you off. U sef can make Russia.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2017
Girona-fc 1-2 Villarel

Kayode olanrewaju was introduced in the beginning of second half after Girona-fc were down by 2 goals to one. He was deployed to partner the main striker though he dropped deep to the act as a SS and sometimes on the wings.

Although, I have seen him played for Girona before now but I noticed his confidence level has grown times ten.

Now, I know why Guardiola personally placed a call to him. Kayode is an all rounder forward player. He can place a through pass with a long ball, he can hold the ball, dribble, defend, play many roles and he is very dangerous in the box. Above all he is a team player, not selfish and I think his pace is equal to none in the SE

However, he has some dirty tricks under his sleeves. He is very experienced and I think he should be in the world cup.

Anyway, he was very lively when he came on and he changed the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
goldfish80:

Go charge your phone and come back grin

Hahahahahah! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
marketer of life. even kayode's agent cannot do a better job of this image laundering than you. pesin wey no watch am or no know what's up go think say olanrenwaju don score many goals and give multiple assists. i give you multiple tiri gbosa lai mohammed na learner where you dey

jokes apart if kayode's form improves he will definitely get my nod for final camping but let's see how he does against algeria next month

forgiveness:
Girona-fc 1-2 Villarel

Kayode olanrewaju was introduced in the beginning of second half after Girona-fc were down by 2 goals to one. He was deployed to partner the main striker though he dropped deep to the act as a SS and sometimes on the wings.

Although, I have seen him played for Girona before now but I noticed his confidence level has grown times ten.

Now, I know why Guardiola personally placed a call to him. Kayode is an all rounder forward player. He can place a through pass with a long ball, he can hold the ball, dribble, defend, play many roles and he is very dangerous in the box. Above all he is a team player, not selfish and I think his pace is equal to none in the SE

However, he has some dirty tricks under his sleeves. He is very experienced and I think he should be in the world cup.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
And we're talking about two TAP-INS. The NFF should just forget that guy. He had his chance and simply decided to pitch his tent with the 3 Lions. God luck to him. I have totally lost interest in him .... unless he transforms into Leo Messi or Gabriel Jesus tomorrow.

....moving on.

O pari

Humility017:

I don't understand you guys...so because he scored a brace..he should be heading to the world cup...

you guys think the world cup is a wild party....I understand if some of us were in rohr shoes....we don't mind take not less than 45 players to the world cup.....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2017
Icon79:
And we're talking about two TAP-INS. The NFF should just forget that guy. He had his chance and simply decided to pitch his tent with the 3 Lions. God luck to him. I have totally lost interest in him .... unless he transforms into Leo Messi or Gabriel Jesus tomorrow.

....moving on.

O pari

My man not Tammy but IK Uche or u want IK in our WC squad coz some are clamouring for him coz he scored a brace in league match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=forgiveness post=61474054]Girona-fc 1-2 Villarel

Baba u go sabi market o,c as u polish kayode like say e better pass Ronaldo delima

Ogbeni, ur tactics won't work,if kayode likes let him knw aw to keep more Dan BUFFON, ,na him sabi

If rohr gives him a chance again and fails to proof his mettle for d national team, he won't be CONSIDERED for the final 23 MAN LIST grin going to world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2017
And I would let to get either one of these trio in our group:

Poland
Portugal
Russia

But trust FIFA to put us in the group of death, especially if we find ourselves in pot 3. Don't be surprised if we get this grouping:

Brazil
Italy
Korea Republic
Nigeria

or you can get:

Germany
Uruguay
Mexico
Nigeria

All I know is that if FIFA goes through to form, Nigeria should be in the group of death. Since I started following soccer, the strongest African teams almost always end up in the group of death. FIFA knows what they are doing.

O pari

PDPGuy:
It’s now official, the 8 seeded teams at the World Cup will be:

Russia
Brazil
Germany
Belgium
Argentina
Portugal
France
Poland

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:17pm On Oct 16, 2017
Kog45:
My man not Tammy but IK Uche or u want IK in our WC squad coz some are clamouring for him coz he scored a brace in league match

Is Ike Uche still playing football sef? In which league did he score a brace? Scoring a brace in some backwater league or against some obscure teams isn't equivalent to scoring in a top top league.

O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 2:34pm On Oct 16, 2017
As if you read my mind. FIFA somehow finds a easy to put Africa's best hope in the group of death. 94, 98, and 2002 Naija,
2006, CIV and Ghana had bloody groups, 2010 and 2014, Ghana had another unfortunate draws. This had gotta stop. Just watch Naija and Morocco get wicked draws while Tunisia may get an easy group.

Icon79:
And I would let to get either one of these trio in our group:

Poland
Portugal
Russia

But trust FIFA to put us in the group of death, especially if we find ourselves in pot 3. Don't be surprised if we get this grouping:

Brazil
Italy
Korea Republic
Nigeria

or you can get:

Germany
Uruguay
Mexico
Nigeria

All I know is that if FIFA goes through to form, Nigeria should be in the group of death. Since I started following soccer, the strongest African teams almost always end up in the group of death. FIFA knows what they are doing.

O pari

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2017
Kog45:

They should as well call for Osaze and Martins

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:49pm On Oct 16, 2017
Icon79:

Is Ike Uche still playing football sef? In which league did he score a brace? Scoring a brace in some backwater league or against some obscure teams isn't equivalent to scoring in a top top league.

O pari

He is playing in the spanish 2nd tier

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
No wonder, he's been off my radar. Well, we can still give him a chance to take a claim if he's still the same Ike Uche. After all, his brother Kalu Uche was our best player in South Africa 2010 and Ike is a much better player than Kalu. The only problem though, we have so much options in the position he players so he's gonna miss out.

O pari

tbaba1234:

He is playing in the spanish 2nd tier

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2017
Icon4s:

They should as well call for Osaze and Martins
But some are suggesting open camp like hundred players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:00pm On Oct 16, 2017
Icon79:
No wonder, he's been off my radar. Well, we can still give him a chance to take a claim if he's still the same Ike Uche. After all, his brother Kalu Uche was our best player in South Africa 2010 and Ike is a much better player than Kalu. The only problem though, we have so much options in the position he players so he's gonna miss out.

O pari

No o Ike Uche is not better than Kalu Uche,though they are different players but Kalu Uche rock my man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2017
Pep Mel chose Uzoho based on his performance in training sidelining the more experienced Pantillimon.

That, my friends is remarkable.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
Just like yesterday people are calling Osaze this osaze that because he is scoring back, left and centre in Indonesia leagues, months gone we didn't hear anything about osaze...

Now it's turn of IK Uche ... If our plan is to reach atleast
Quarter final and most semi final of qatar 2022...

And we want to use Russian 2018 as a stepping stone...

We don't need these two players in this present SE...

They had have their good days in super eagles shirt... Then they should give way for those upcoming stars..

It will suprise everyone how IK uche will resume to his goal drought...

If he score brace last week ..i think ighalo and onyekuru also scored brace last week too... So I don't think we need him...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2017
Every player now is lobbying to play for Nigeria. Even foreign borns are reconsidering playing ie. Brian Idowu, Sheyi Ojo, Tammy Abraham etc. That's why we do not have committed players. Its only when Nigeria qualifies everybody shows interest. I'm really afraid for Nigeria at Russia.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:
Just like yesterday people are calling Osaze this osaze that because he is scoring back, left and centre in Indonesia leagues, months gone we didn't hear anything about osaze...

Now it's turn of IK Uche ... If our plan is to reach atleast
Quarter final and most semi final of qatar 2022...

And we want to use Russian 2018 as a stepping stone...

We don't need these two players in this present SE...

They had have their good days in super eagles shirt... Then they should give way for those upcoming stars..

It will suprise everyone how IK uche will resume to his goal drought...

If he score brace last week ..i think ighalo and onyekuru also scored brace last week too... So I don't think we need him...

No mind dem jare,na so dem dey talk

If someone else playing in Norway, scores like 3 hat tricks concurrently in a league,dem go begin yearn for his invitation

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2017
tbaba1234:
Pep Mel chose Uzoho based on his performance in training sidelining the more experienced Pantillimon.

I thought Pantillimon was injured initially

Hope he used d opportunity to prove that he is better than Pantillimon.

modified
tbaba u are right,he benched Pantillimon.

Sorry for d mix up

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
Kog45:
Pantillimon was ruled out due to injury but kudos to Uzoho for getting d coach nod ahead of second choice keeper.

Hope he used d opportunity to prove that he is better than Pantillimon.

modified
tbaba u are right,he bench Pantillimon.

Sorry for d mix up

Yes, he benched Pantillimon. That is very impressive.

Reuben is the first choice but he is out injured. Pantillimon was brought in at the last minute to replace him but his performances have been suspect.

It takes a brave coach to rely on an 19 year old with no experience.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2017
tbaba1234:

Yes, he benched Pantillimon. That is very impressive.

Reuben is the first choice but he is out injured. Pantillimon was brought in at the last minute to replace him but his performances have been suspect.

It takes a brave coach to rely on an 19 year old with no experience.
Thanks for this mature explanation,I thought Pantillimon is d first choice but i heard that first choice got injured

As u said is a plus for Uzoho for displacing Pantillimon, just need to work more and cement his place as Number 1.very encouraging development.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 3:52pm On Oct 16, 2017
Thanks for clarifying. I was even thinking it was a couple of injuries to the first teamers ahead of him that gave him the chance. This is even better cos I was afraid that whenever they came back he'd be back to youth football.

tbaba1234:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
Are you talking about today or the Ike Uche of 2008 to 2012?

O pari

Kog45:
No o Ike Uche is not better than Kalu Uche,though they are different players but Kalu Uche rock my man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
Humility017:

I don't understand you guys...so because he scored a brace..he should be heading to the world cup...

you guys think the world cup is a wild party....I understand if some of us were in rohr shoes....we don't mind take not less than 45 players to the world cup.....
Uche is very good at this; gets new form once naija qualifies to attract call up, selection. Smart guy! I miss him though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
Kog45:
But some are suggesting open camp like hundred players.

Thank God for the internet of today. Thank God for Digital satellite TV of today. Gone were the days when a coach would assemble hundreds of players in preparation for the world cup just to asses their level of the game.

We see these players on weekly bases, some twice a week. There is no Nigerian player that is a world cup material that we have not seen play so far. So the coaches need not assemble a hundred players to assess them for the world cup.

This will amount to distraction, waste of resources, waste of time and all what that come with it.

The coach should focus more on fixing the departments that need fortification and developing the team's tactics. The team should be involved in numerous friendlies with 1, 2 or 3 new players introduced and tested per game. Consistency and stability are key elements in team building.

Modified:

For instance I would like to see friendlies where Rohr experiments with Mikel at CM and Iwobi at AM and vice versa, we would like to see Rohr play Iheanacho behind Ighalo, I would like to see Aina at RB while Shehu plays DM, play two strikers side-by side like in 4-4-2. Stuffs like that. Switch of formation, switch of players in different role and what of have you. Not spending the whole time selecting from a hundred players.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
I pray he keeps it up and keep improving. We desperately need a decent goalkeeper for Russia.

O pari

tbaba1234:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
Kog45:
Thanks for this mature explanation,I thought Pantillimon is d first choice but i heard that first choice got injured

As u said is a plus for Uzoho for displacing Pantillimon, just need to work more and cement his place as Number 1.very encouraging development.

The way I see that guy, even Ruben will sit when he finally comes back.

U can still doubt that as u did when I told u that his debut was near.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) ... (16447) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheLoneCitizen(m), Pidginwhisper and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.