Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,019 members, 7,896,295 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1900) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12126930 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) (1901) (1902) (1903) ... (16450) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:10am On Oct 25, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

grin..i won't say anything... Lol

Make una leave me make I sleep in peace oo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:10am On Oct 25, 2017
Icon4s:

You last paragraph see my comment above

Our problem of poor performances goes beyond the World Cups, although my point is within the time frame. Was Ikpe-ekong in 1980 squad? Ha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:12am On Oct 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Garba Lawal was atrocius in lots of games. We had better players than him for years. There where games Garba Lawal failed to make simple crosses.

Look at his goal against Spain in France 98. Fortunately, it entered the net but Garba Lawal confessed he was trying to cross the ball.

You can imagine such atrocity. That was a cross. Such a player was a regular for ages in the Super Eagles starting lineup. Then we make excuses that he defends or plays like a midfielder despite repeated poor games.

To you it is just Ikpe Ekong's opinion. To me, even before France 98, that was our biggest problem. Political/sentimental choices in the team. Including the choice of coaches and the coaching crew.

The NFF must get it right this time. Give Rohr the liberty to rectify the team. Rohr must to a good job to his own satisfaction.

As Ikpe Ekong said, get that right and everything will fall into place.

Your opinion about Garba Lawal.

Have you asked yourself why he always made every coach's selections from 1996 up till mid 2000s?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:17am On Oct 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Our problem of poor performances goes beyond the World Cups, although my point is within the time frame. Was Ikpe-ekong in 1980 squad? Ha.

Where did I say Ikpe Ekong was in 1980 squad.

Are we not discussing 2002 and 2004 AFCONs?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:17am On Oct 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Have you asked yourself why he always made every coach's selections from 1996 up till mid 2000s?

Political backup and godfatherism. Did you ever ask yourself why Obiora Nwankwo kept on getting a call-up to the Super Eagles from Siasia's U20, to Keshi's AFCON winning team, to Oliseh's time, despite causing the team problem?

That is the problem I am talking about.

Either we want to get it right or keep deceiving ourselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:18am On Oct 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Where did I say Ikpe Ekong was in 1980 squad.

Are we not discussing 2002 and 2004 AFCONs?

So what is your problem with pointing reference points. Am I not within the points?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:21am On Oct 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Political backup and godfatherism. Did you ever ask yourself why Obiora Nwankwo kept on getting a call-up to the Super Eagles from Siasia's U20, to Keshi's AFCON winning team, to Oliseh's time, despite causing the team problem?

That is the problem I am talking about.

Either we want to get it right or keep deceiving ourselves.

Political back up?

Please when you are ready to discuss football. Give me a call back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 8:24am On Oct 25, 2017
I have the facts now.
Found everything

Road to 1998 WC

1. Nigeria 2---0 Burkina Faso.
scorers: Amokachi (both)
coach: Ahmodu shuibu

2. kenya 1---1 Nigeria
scorers: Akpoborie

3. Nigeria 2---1Guinea
coach: Phillipe Trousier

4. Burkina Faso 1---2 Nigeria
scorers: Adepoju, Amuneke

5. Nigeria 3---0 Kenya
scorers: oliseh, amuneke, oruma

6. Guinea 1---0 Nigeria
scorers:

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(CAF)
Click on report for full details

TheGoodJoe:

Thanks for the info that Troussier did not handle the first leg against Kenya but he also did not handle the 3-0 demolition game in Lagos against Kenya. Coach Monday Sinclair did. Sure of it because two years later, I lived in the same compound with Coach Sinclair. I discussed a lot about it with Coach Monday Sinclair's boys.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:33am On Oct 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:34am On Oct 25, 2017
libero808:
I have the facts now.
Found everything

Road to 1998 WC

2. kenya 1---1 Nigeria

3. Nigeria 2---1Guinea

5. Nigeria 3---0 Kenya

6. Guinea 1---0 Nigeria
scorers:

I know of Wikipedia reports saying Troussier coached the last two games. Even in Troussier's wiki page, it is stated there but it is not correct because Troussier was relieved of his duties before the game against Kenya.

In some BBC posts on the game, they listed Troussier but it is wrong. Sinclair coached that game. I already highlighted Ohenhen making the team due to Sinclair having full authority, if not that will not happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:36am On Oct 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Political back up?

Please when you are ready to discuss football. Give me a call back.

When you are ready to discuss what is pulling Nigerian football back, give me a call. How can you pretend there is no godfatherism in Nigerian football. That one is not even up for debate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 8:42am On Oct 25, 2017
Error in the scoreline but..

Jonathan Akpoborie has claimed that French coach, Philippe Troussier was kicked out of his Nigerian job in 1997 because "he was liberal."

Troussier, popularly known as the White Witch Doctor, had just qualified Nigeria's Super Eagles for the 1998 Fifa World Cup but got sacked after losing 1-2 to Guinea in Conakry.

But Akpoborie believes there was a hidden agenda at that time behind the sack of Troussier, now head coach at Chinese outfit Shenzen Ruby.

source: https://www.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/121123/Troussiers_honesty_cost_him_Eagles_job

TheGoodJoe:

I know of Wikipedia reports saying Troussier coached the last two games. Even in Troussier's wiki page, it is stated there but it is not correct because Troussier was relieved of his duties before the game against Kenya.

In some BBC posts on the game, they listed Troussier but it is wrong. Sinclair coached that game. I already highlighted Ohenhen making the team due to Sinclair having full authority, if not that will not happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 8:47am On Oct 25, 2017
Also --

Troussier has turned down the chance to return as Nigeria coach eight years after he qualified the country for the 1998 World Cup, citing health problems.

source: http://edition.cnn.com/2005/SPORT/football/07/26/nigeria.troussier/

TheGoodJoe:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:54am On Oct 25, 2017
libero808:
I have the facts now.
Found everything

Road to 1998 WC

2. kenya 1---1 Nigeria

3. Nigeria 2---1Guinea

5. Nigeria 3---0 Kenya

6. Guinea 1---0 Nigeria
scorers:

Pressure increased on him after the Eagles' 1-1 draw with lowly-rated Kenya in Nairobi in a group 1 World Cup qualifier. Nigerian FA officials also accused Troussier of sidelining his Nigerian coaching assistants assigned to him and preferring instead to work with a Moroccan.

Troussier also overstayed in a foreign trip, thereby missing an
international four-nation tournament in Tunis, where the Eagles lost the top spot to host Tunisia.

But the last straw was the Eagles' 1-0 loss to Guinea in August. That match, considered a mere formality since the Eagles had already qualified for France '98, exposed Troussier's technical weakness, with many Nigerians calling for his sacking.

http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84770&start=69

I am wrong in the termination details but this link will give an insight into the occurrence at that time. In an earlier link, it showed the NFA issuing a warning that if Troussier does not return, he would get sacked.

During the LG Tourney happened after the Kenya game in Lagos and Sinclair coached that LG Tournament.

Sad the article left out the events of the Kenya game in Lagos but I will keep searching to clarify the issue.

Note, the article said Troussier handled the 1-1 draw in Kenya. To the best of my knowledge, Troussier coached that game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:56am On Oct 25, 2017
libero808:
Also --

Troussier has turned down the chance to return as Nigeria coach eight years after he qualified the country for the 1998 World Cup, citing health problems.

source: http://edition.cnn.com/2005/SPORT/football/07/26/nigeria.troussier/

Remember in my earlier link, Troussier was already out of the country before the Kenyan game in Lagos. Maybe because he was still the coach on paper, that is why the misrepresentation but that earlier link showed he was already away before the Lagos game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:08am On Oct 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Of course Akpom is my Emirates boy. I was referring to Jodon Ibe.

Ok in what context please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:10am On Oct 25, 2017
tbaba1234:
If kelechi improves on his first touch, he will be a far better player. Hopefully, his coaches identify that.

It is something that can be worked on..

In addition all top quality players can play both feet effortlessly. He is very left footed biased adding a good right foot touch will improve him immensely, he is young he can still do it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:22am On Oct 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

When you are ready to discuss what is pulling Nigerian football back, give me a call. How can you pretend there is no godfatherism in Nigerian football. That one is not even up for debate.

Even from far away England I feel the impact of Godfatherism in Nigeria. But that's the tip of the ice- berg because you may find it hard to believe, but Egunje is still at work.

To date Aluko has never been recalled, the way Enyeama was treated is still is baffling.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:23am On Oct 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I appreciate your views so far but going forward I think for the first time in a very long while, we seem to be getting it right gradually in the area of players' selection as evident in the current squad right cos am still trying to be convinced on those players outside this current squad that really better so there seem to be an improvement in that direction. The players folks here are still clamouring for to be part of the current squad seems not to be more than 3.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:26am On Oct 25, 2017
komekn:

Even from far away England I feel the impact of Godfatherism in Nigeria. But that's the tip of the ice- berg because you may find it hard to believe, but Egunje is still at work.

To date Aluko has never been recalled, the way Enyeama was treated is still is baffling.

Oliseh should be hanged for the Enyeama debacle not the present nff. Reason no matter if Oliseh wins the champions league as a coach, don't want to see him near the eagles again. Am one of those who feel aluko should get a look in not those small oyinbo children we keep singing about here.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:33am On Oct 25, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Yes,Okocha dribbled himself to absolute nothingness. Victor Moses will be more infuencial if he can release the ball on time....I hate selfish players.

Henry Onyekuru is king of selfishness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:39am On Oct 25, 2017
Goke7:

I appreciate your views so far but going forward I think for the first time in a very long while, we seem to be getting it right gradually in the area of players' selection as evident in the current squad right cos am still trying to be convinced on those players outside this current squad that really better so there seem to be an improvement in that direction. The players folks here are still clamouring for to be part of the current squad seems not to be more than 3.

I am not only pointing out to the starting eleven or final squad. I am also talking of a technical shake up. I do not think we have a right balance in the technical crew. Also, we are talking about why we had not succeeded in the past and the lessons learnt.

We must be thorough and not easily satisfied with what we have. Make sure we are going with the very best we can get our hands on.

It falls to the coach being true to himself and doing what he honestly believe is right.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:41am On Oct 25, 2017
forgiveness:

When Okocha no give em best at em prime? Make una surfre surfre dey yan oo. grin

we are doing an x-ray on our previous world cup performances, some folks believe yekini[of blessed memory] was not at his best in 1994 world cup and okocha was busy entertaining the world in 98 instead of playing for the team, were they not at their prime then. we all love these players and what they've done for our nation but at the world cup stage where it matters most, they were simply not at their very best. No sentiments here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:43am On Oct 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I am not only pointing out to the starting eleven or final squad. I am also talking of a technical shake up. I do not think we have a right balance in the technical crew. Also, we are talking about why we had not succeeded in the past and the lessons learnt.

We must be thorough and not easily satisfied with what we have. Make sure we are going with the very best we can get our hands on.

It falls to the coach being true to himself and doing what he honestly believe is right.

well said. Get your point.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:46am On Oct 25, 2017
komekn:

Aluko deserves a call-up. Always one of the top in my list. He has the ability to play multiple positions in the forward line. He also makes the team play better because of his ability to attract players to him, creating channels for the pacy forwards to exploit.

Keep in mind, Rohr likes Etebo and Iwobi. He also looks satisfied with the combination of Mikel Obi, Ndidi and Onazi. A solid midfield set up.

I would still like Rohr to look in and do some final polishing. Make sure we are going with the right players.

If Rohr is satisfied and he is not influenced in the selection, then it is fine by me.

His selections may be his choice and not influenced.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:50am On Oct 25, 2017
PDPGuy:
Of course, I’m expecting 95% of the players, who were called up for the last 3 games, to make the World Cup team. That’s just common sense. If Rohr only takes like 10% of the players who played in the qualifiers, I would immediately call for his sack.

At least, 16 or 17 of them (barring injury) will absolutely be part of the mundial. It is the other 6 or 7 spots that are really up for grabs.

If the likes of Onyekuru, Kayode, Aluko or Uzoho continue having fine performances for most of the remainder of the season, it will be difficult for Rohr not to give them a chance to show what they’ve got.

As for Enyeama, if he barely makes the bench for whatever new team he signs for, then Rohr may just have to drop him. However, it will be also a sad story if that happens, because a part of me wants Enyeama to create history as the first Nigerian (or even African?) to have played in 4 world cups.

@the bolded, let's be careful here cos that's how we helped yobo to create history for 100 caps and he appreciated us with an own goal against France. We want the Super Eagles to make history as a team instead of making individual players' history.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:55am On Oct 25, 2017
Let me use this opportunity to do a throwback of one of Coach Monday Sinclair's boys.

OWUBOKIRI: NIGERIA’S GOAL-MERCHANT SUPREMO

Former Nigeria international goal scoring legend Richard ‘Ricky’ Owubokiri achieved football immortality when he scored 30 goal in 34 games for Boavista to emerge top scorer in Portugal in 1992 and second highest overall in all of Europe. He was a quintessential goal scorer supreme whose exploits took him to four continents.Owubokiri began his professional education with Nigerian club, Sharks as a schoolboy in 1978 when he joined form Okrika Grammar school in his final year alongside other schoolboys Benji Nzeakor and Rowland Orufe.

Ricky recalled: “At Okrika Grammer School, I was assistant captain games captain and I was always on fire for the school team. I once scored six goals against Government comprehensive secondary school, Borokiri.

“It was through my exploits then that Coach Monday Sinclair gave me an invitation to join the Sharks team. I was able to score because I have always liked training even when I was a child...I would always train and train and train and train till I could train no more. In every profession or endeavour, that should be the guiding principle.”

He made his debut in 1979 and was top scorer in division two in 1980 with 23 goals as they won promotion back to the top flight and also 6 goals as they got to the finals of the Wafu cup losing 1-2 on aggregate to Police of Senegal.

In 1981,Ricky was one of the most feared Strikers in the Nigerian league as he teamed up with Adokiye Amiesimaka and his goals again inspired Sharks who stormed to the Challenge cup Semi-finals with defending champions needing a replay to prevent them from reaching the finals.

He was transferred to ACB of Lagos in 1981 as well as St Gregory’s college, Lagos for his A-levels, same year he would earned his national cap including representing Nigeria at the 1982 African cup of Nations in Libya and would spend just one season before rejoining Sharks in 1983.

Ricky’s return to Sharks co-incided with the arrival of Brazilian coach Luciano Abreu and new strike partner Paul Uzokwe, and with it the introduction to the Brazilian playing style similar to what he learnt from his mentor Monday Sinclair. He would again be top scorer as Sharks narrowly missed promotion that year The deadly striker, precociously gifted and far above his peers in the technical appreciation of the game, was never going to spend too much time in the domestic scene as he became the first Nigerian to play in Brazil when he joined Rio de Janiero club, America in 1983 with the help of Coach Abreu who returned to his native country.

He then moved on to another Brazilian club, Esporte Clube Vitoria when his remarkable 35 goals in his first and only season at the club saw the European fat cats scrambling with their cheque books for his signature.Another thing that comes to mind about Owubokiri was his playing exploits in Brazil in the early eighties. How did he feel playing in Brazil at a time when not many African players did and what was the reaction from other players?

“I was well received because that was a novelty. It had never happened before so people were curious. In one of the first games I played in Rio (a Brazilian Cup game) all the fans were cheering my name. My first touch was a goal.

“It was an assist by my co-striker and I used my movement to beat my marker before thumping a firt time shot into the back of the net. The fans went wild. It was a great for me. I was top scorer in Brazil in 84 (15 golas in 18 games) and 85 (22 goals in 26 matches) alongside Zico, Careca, Socrates, Falcao, Casagrande, Junior, the Argentine goalkeeper, Fillol, Georginho, Dunga, Bebeto, Romario and other legends. It was an importnant moment in my career.

“My worst memory was been left out of the 1994 Fifa World Cup at a time when I was among the best time at the world. My best memory was when I scored 30 goals and became the second top scorer in Europe. No African player has ever done till this day so it is a big record and I thank God because without God, I wouldn’t have been able to achieve.

It was a good moment for me, and my family.
“On that performance, I received a recommendation from the Nigeria Football Association to play for the Super Eagles.

“The best coach I worked under was Monday Sinclair, my former coach at Sharks. He believed when I was a 17 year old. Without him, I would never have succeeded as a professional. He is a father, a leader and a motivator...always advising. He was a complete coach and it was unfortunate he never had the opportunity to manage the national team for a long time...he was the perfect coach and a gentleman.

“I also worked under Aimore Moreira (a Brazilian, his brother, Jose Moreira was a former Coach of the Brazil national team) he was directly behind my success in the Brazilian national team.

“He waited for me for two months before signing me. Manuel Jose brought me to Portugal in the best moment in my career. I was scoring from all angles.

Manuel Jose was a highly intelligent coach who knew how to get the best out of me when I was at the peak of my powers.

“They are extremely important in my career and I will be grateful to them all through my career.

“One of the finest moment in my career is in Doha. I won the hearts of the Arabs...I had achieved so much earlier in my career and they expected so much from me. I did not let them down!”

After his sojourn in Brazil, ‘Ricky’ moved to the French Championnat with the Stade Lavallois Mayenne Football Club where he scored 10 goals in the 1986/1987 season.
Big guns, Metz were suitably impressed and signed him on for the 1987/1988 season.

Portugal was next for the 1.82 m (5 ft 11 1/2 in) attacker as he went on to enjoy the best years of his professional career with Benfica, Estrela Amadora, Boavista, Vitoria and Belenenses between 1985 and 1995.

Owubokiri scored 81 goals during his time in the Portuguese Super Liga. “I recall a situation when I was in Boavista; the German goalkeeper at the time was Oliver Kahn. A lot of the strikers were scared of him. We (Boavista) were playing against His (Kahn’s) club at the time Karlsruhe in a European game. I scored against Oliver Kahn. I also scored against the French number one at the time, Bats. Even Victor Baia; I scored against him too. It was all down to hard work.

“My best goal was against SS Lazio in the European Cup. We had lost the first leg one-nil and we needed to win the return leg by two clear goals to advance. Before the game, the President of the club (now a Mayor in Portugal) Valentin Loureiro came into the dressing room with a bag filled with hundreds of thousands of pounds. He said the money belonged to us if we qualified by beating Lazio. I scored both goals...the second goal against Lazio was my best goal. The Lazio team had a great defence and the second goal was pure class!

“I received a pass from my Brazilian national team, Marlon Braodao and I feinted spectacularly, selling a dummy to the Lazio defenders and came face to with the goal keeper.

No one (not even me) expected this...I then sent the keeper the wrong way with a cool finish. It was one of the happiest moments in my career. I picked up an injury in that game because of the the move I made leading to the goal.”

He enjoyed stints in Asia in the twilight of his career with Al Arabi (Qatar) where he scored 27 goals in 26 games.

“I was highest goal scorer in Qatar...I scored 27 goals in 26 matches.

“I love Qatar as it was an important moment in my football career. They (the Arabs) called me a funny ame (Gbokiri...whatever that means.....hahahahahaha)...I will be in Doha in April 2012.

“Unfortunately, I won no honours with Nigeria but I played at the 1982 Africa Cup of Nations and was part of the qualifying process for the 1994 World Cup in the United States.

Owubokiri represented Nigeria between 1982 when he played at the African Cup of nations in Libya and 1992; famously becoming the first person to score a goal against South Africa’s Bafana Bafana following their re-admittance into international football in a qualifying game for the 1994 Fifa World Cup.

“My last game for Nigeria was the 1994 World Cup qualifier against the Bafana of South Africa...we won the game 4-0,” he said.

Ricky finished his career in Brazil and has continued to live in Brazil with his wife and kids. He set up the Ricky Soccer Academy and also coached at fluminenese but is now working full-time as a FIFA Agent.

On the kind of contribution he will render towards the development of the game in Nigeria, Ricky has this to say, “I have been active in football as a football. I have been involved in football as an international football agent. I have been doing business in that regard in the middle East, South America and Europe. I want to do more in Nigeria too. My first job will be to enlighten people who manage football in the country. To enlighten the representatives of our football so they can have a responsible and accountable attitude. If we put personal interests on the back seat, we will have a great chance of moving our football forward.”

He is excited about the Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup and he speaks Portuguese, French, Arabic and his native Wakrike languages fluently.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/weekly/index.php/45-sport/shot/8419-owubokiri-nigerias-goal-merchant-supremo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:57am On Oct 25, 2017
Goke7:

@the bolded, let's be careful here cos that's how we helped yobo to create history for 100 caps and he appreciated us with an own goal against France. We want the Super Eagles to make history as a team instead of making individual players' history.

Exactly. Let players earn their positions in the squad based on merits and not sentiments
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2017
komekn:

Godfatherism w continue to exist in Nigeria whether we like it or not,though on a reduce rate now with Rohr in charge but i can still tell u some players are getting invitation through Godfatherism.

If Aluko cannot get invitation after scoring a brace for Nigeria, beg for answer.I watched Oyekwuru against PSG and i said to myself something is wrong somewhere,also watching Kayode against Deportivo i asked again what hell is going on.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:03am On Oct 25, 2017
Kog45:
Godfatherism w continue to exist in Nigeria whether we like it or not,though on a reduce rate now with Rohr in charge but i can still tell u some players are getting invitation through Godfatherism.

If Aluko cannot get invitation after scoring a brace for Nigeria, beg for answer.I watched Oyekwuru against PSG and i said to myself something is wrong somewhere,also watching Kayode against Deportivo i asked again what hell is going on.

can we all begin to agree that there are strong cases for the inclusion of Kayode, Oyekwuru and Aluko to the current squad? The good thing is they have all been invited before so they are not strangers to the Eagles, me think they can invited for the game against Algeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) (1901) (1902) (1903) ... (16450) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Dsimmer, komekn(m), opes, zicky(m) and 26 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.