Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,579 members, 7,923,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 07:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1949) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12266156 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) ... (16525) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
Humility017:

what's wrong wit calling him to train wit the super eagles ?
You can't just be calling every player out there who scores, tackles, defends, as in play football to come train with the Super Eagles na. The reason is not because players should not be called but if you embrace such a policy of calling just about any player(and truth is I am beginning to discern some kind of partiality towards the foreign borns) you will be inundated. I guess that is why komekn has strenuously advocated that a player should pass the test of performing well for his club before he earns an invite to the Super Eagles.

But ask yourself if this Deji were not a FB would we call for him considering his age and the fact that he's barely just made the bench for Entraicht Frankfurt?

At the same time I understand your sentiment(which I share) concerning the desire to catch the best for our team and that makes us kinda 'greedy'(I use it in a good sense) for every player we feel might add more strength and quality to the team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
maidaboi:
when this guy was in portugal and was always making team of the week forgiveness was always shouting his name
i think sir forgiveness will be a very good scout
Yeah forgiveness would make a good scouting agent but not a good coach. Forgiveness try scouting na. But no near coaching ooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:
SUPER EAGLES UPDATE

Mikel Agu scored in their 4 nill win over Antalyaspor ..
Second goal of the season
With 8.1 rating according to whoscored.com

Ekong was on from start to the end.. With 7.5 rating according to whoscored.com
I like the way you put this. It narrows the focus exclusively on him and it covers the important indices in a quick way

Joebie (no vex oo) you doing a great job with the whoscored.com postings but can you endeavour to do it like this? Just a suggestion sha. I guess it might be time wasting though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2017
Mujtahida:

I might be wrong but I feel there's a carefully orchestrated media- opp going on to subtly mount pressure on the Coach. Cos Martins gets mentioned more than most.
I share the same opinion too, he is everywhere on social media Instagram, Twitter and all.The whole clamour resembles a politician trying to gather crowd before an election.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
Mickael2:

there are so many things working against us.

The most important of all is the fact that they have a new coach. Like theGoodJoe already pointed out, they will watch that first leg and realize that they could have won, they played a whole lot better than we did, they will duly blame it on the failed coach and look to impress.

If we on the other hand invite thesame set of players that we normally do, we will lose. What's there to play for? Who doesn't want to face Argentina? For now I am not concerned about the result, we most definelty won't win, but if we play well then I am fine, if we don't....
lol...for ur mind football na maths abi fight...because they have a new coach,they will like to win for him while we fold our arms and watch in awe undecided

See ..that day, if we get our tactics right...no Jupiter will stopus from winning whether they reshuffle their fans,coach,players on not

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
Kalapizim:
I share the same opinion too, he is everywhere on social media Instagram, Twitter and all.The whole clamour resembles a politician trying to gather crowd before an election.
You see! Cos we know how propaganda works- just keep repeating the same thing over and over one over again and it would be accepted. This is looking like an early campaign now and if it continues with this vigor I won't be surprised if he gets in. Let's watch and see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2017
Watching Kayode for Girona against Real Madrid. He's having a good game but nothing so spectacular really. I don't see him displacing anyone we already have in the Super Eagles.

O pari

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
Yes great idea. breaking it down for better readability, how about a video instead for those who scored?
Mujtahida:

I like the way you put this. It narrows the focus exclusively on him and it covers the important indices in a quick way

Joebie (no vex oo) you doing a great job with the whoscored.com postings but can you endeavour to do it like this? Just a suggestion sha. I guess it might be time wasting though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:
SUPER EAGLE UPDATE

GERNOT ROHR COULD RECALL OBAFEMI MARTINS TO NIGERIA SQUAD
Gernot Rohr could recall Obafemi Martins to Nigeria squad

Obafemi Martins -B
by Phumzile Ngcatshe
Nigerian striker Obafemi Martins could return to the Super Eagles squad after coach Gernot Rohr has hinted as much.

The Shanghai Greenland Shenhua striker could gatecrash Nigeria’s squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia according to Rohr.

The manager has made this revelation during a radio interview when he was asked about the chances of the forward making the squad for the World Cup.

”We will call the best men, for now everybody wants to come because we are in the World Cup. The players who brought us to the World Cup, I don’t forget them. It’s very important “, Rohr said.

” There are other players we are also looking at calling to beef up the team, but for now we are looking at getting good games for better preparations for the World Cup .“

Martins was part of the Nigerian team in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. It was the only global tournament the 33-year-old has played in his career.

http://africanfootball.com//news/733135/Gernot-Rohr-could-recall-Obafemi-Martins-to-Nigeria-squad

Where is the hint in this news now? Una wan vex somebody abi?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
grin oya forgiveness.
I remember Isaac Success had a good game against Real Madrid. Going to the EPL was a bad bad move. By now that guy for don be one of the full fledged members of SE I think.

Icon79:
Watching Kayode for Girona against Real Madrid. He's having a good game but nothing so spectacular really. I don't see him displacing anyone we already have in the Super Eagles.

O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
Joebie:
Yes great idea. breaking it down for better readability, how about a video instead for those who scored?
I think the way soetanoreoluwa did it is okay.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
lol I remember that quote very well. take note the radio was not even mentioned. Even the quote does not hint that as you rightly pointed.

kennysville:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
Mujtahida:

You can't just be calling every player out there who scores, tackles, defends, as in play football to come train with the Super Eagles na. The reason is not because players should not be called but if you embrace such a policy of calling just about any player(and truth is I am beginning to discern some kind of partiality towards the foreign borns) you will be inundated. I guess that is why komekn has strenuously advocated that a player should pass the test of performing well for his club before he earns an invite to the Super Eagles.

But ask yourself if this Deji were not a FB would we call for him considering his age and the fact that he's barely just made the bench for Entraicht Frankfurt?

At the same time I understand your sentiment(which I share) concerning the desire to catch the best for our team and that makes us kinda 'greedy'(I use it in a good sense) for every player we feel might add more strength and quality to the team.
every young exceptional player...be it foreign or home groom...
should be invited once in a while to come train wit the eagles...
as this will serve as motivation and inspiration to these lad....
I remember England once invited solanke to come train wit the three lions when he was still 17 playing for Chelsea under 19...
so there is nothing wrong there...

do you know...that Argentina has invited a group of young upcoming players to come witness the next month friendly..
I saw the list somewhere...I wish I can share
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
Mujtahida:

Thanks boss... I dey learn from Oga Joebie ...just trying to do something slight different...

Oga Joebie..thanks learn alot from your posting...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
It's perfect. But the only problem when you have to do a post for every Nigerian player in the championship grin
How about he keeps it up with the Super Lig?

Mujtahida:

I think the way soetanoreoluwa did it is okay.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
I'm learning from you too. I will modify my post for simplicity.
soetanoreoluwa:

Thanks boss... I dey learn from Oga Joebie ...just trying to do something slight different...

Oga Joebie..thanks learn alot from your posting...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
Joebie:

Beautiful... It will give some insight about the players it will not be just only names and all...

You know videos and pictures go along way into our mind and brain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
Mujtahida:

Truly it's painful when we lose out on great talents. This one is just coming up. We don't know how he'd turn out. It's dicey but one thing here is that he's declared for us, he's young and passionate about playing for us. Your suggestion ain't bad. Don't want us missing out on another Alaba or like the way we missed AJ.

U got my point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
grin
kennysville:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
Exactly! All in all, I think Isaac's major problem is attitude. He had disciplinary issues but in La Liga and at Watford. I don't know what's wrong with that kid.

And by the way, Girona beat Real Madrid 2-1. It would've been 4-1 sef because Girona hits the bar twice, with the goalkeeper well beaten on each occasion. CR7 had a horrible game and even had the audacity to whine and yell at his team mates. Whomever voted that dude the best player in the world needs to have his head examined!

O pari

Joebie:
grin oya forgiveness.
I remember Isaac Success had a good game against Real Madrid. Going to the EPL was a bad bad move. By now that guy for don be one of the full fledged members of SE I think.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
Joebie:
It's perfect. But the only problem when you have to do a post for every Nigerian player in the championship grin

No yawa. I know it will be time consuming jare.
Do you see us drawing the Algerian match for the reasons posited by Mickael2?

I just want them to give a thoroughly good account of themselves especially those who will be having their first try out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
Joebie:

We can narrow it down to the scorers alone... What about that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
Joebie:
I'm learning from you too. I will modify my post for simplicity.

Great... grin..am honored!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

grin..you have plan to kick him out?... Cos I have started to see such sign in you

Hmm! grin if I wanted I 4 don dey criticize am after the match against Zambia but I am very patient with players. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

We can narrow it down to the scorers alone... What about that?
Scorers alone might not be balanced. Perhaps any player that gets a good rating irrespective of whether he scores or not like Ebuehi got a good rating last week.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:17pm On Oct 29, 2017
Mujtahida:

Yeah forgiveness would make a good scouting agent but not a good coach. Forgiveness try scouting na. But no near coaching ooo.

Hahaha! I sabi read match small oooo
. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
forgiveness:

Hmm! grin if I want I 4 don't dey critize am after the match against Zambia but I am very patient with players. grin

Hmmm patient you call it..
Do you have patient with the coaching crew too?

grin...hes have two more life line against Algeria and Argentina... Before we talk en case
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
Mujtahida:

Scorers alone might not be balanced. Perhaps any player that gets a good rating irrespective of whether he scores or not like Ebuehi got a good rating last week.

Okay that's another thing... Nice one bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
Humility017:

every young exceptional player...be it foreign or home groom...
should be invited once in a while to come train wit the eagles...
as this will serve as motivation and inspiration to these lad....
I remember England once invited solanke to come train wit the three lions when he was still 17 playing for Chelsea under 19...
so there is nothing wrong there...

do you know...that Argentina has invited a group of young upcoming players to come witness the next month friendly..
I saw the list somewhere...I wish I can share
Not a bad idea to come train as you say. That is not an invitation to the team per se but more like what Aina and Chuba Akpom trained with the Eagles some times ago. I don't know what NFF policy towards that is sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
forgiveness:

Hahaha! I sabi read match small oooo
. grin
Yes and I do enjoy your match analysis but as a coach you will never have a team. You go be like girl wey get wardrobe full of clothes but wey no sabi dress fine. But as a scout you will do excellently well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
Mujtahida:

You see! Cos we know how propaganda works- just keep repeating the same thing over and over one over again and it would be accepted. This is looking like an early campaign now and if it continues with this vigor I won't be surprised if he gets in. Let's watch and see.
make we see how things be sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
Kalapizim:
make we see how things be sha
Na to dey watch ooo. In the end if he makes the team we no go kill ourselves. Let everything just work out great for the team. That's what matters most.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) ... (16525) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, Kog45(m), omotems, lukasa, Nomyth and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.