Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,050 members, 7,893,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 04:38 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12103213 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) ... (16445) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2017
Now we all strongly agree that we need Vincent Enyeama back as a matter of fact. NFF must swallow their pride & beg him to come back. Dele Alampasu & Ajiboye should have also being invited.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2017
My Expectations, Observations and Verdicts of Algeria vs Nigeria WC match

Expectations;

My expectations were to see Rohr test new players in a more sensitive roles since it was a dead rubber game and at the same time not expecting a favourable result.

Expectedly, it must be in all the departments of the team because there is no quality or equivalent of the starting eleven on the bench so far.

The reason I wanted to see these untested players was because it would afford me the opportunity to know who Rohr really trust/trusted. And he can only demonstrate this trust if he started them in a dead rubber game which is at the same time was important. Important in the sense that our records of unbeaten runs for donkey years was at stake but Rohr was not ready to be the one to break that record hence the need to keep it save.

Observations;

DF

Since, Rohr was never ready to tarnish the unbroken record, he decided to play his strongest defence line to see how they would react hence the reason he played Shehu instead of Ebuehi, Balogun instead of Awaziem and Ekong instead of Agbo but I don't think he trusted them in that crucial match to save records else he would have played them. Or does he have the balls to play them against one of the best attacks in the world if he didn't trust them for this little task? Rohr's lack of confidence was so glaring that he couldn't even give Ebuehi 5 minutes debut like he did for Aina in a more tensed and important game.

I hope Rohr doesn't want to sneak some players into the WC without ascertaining their capabilities for the roles backedup for. I see it in two ways; don't play him since you don't want him in to take the shine out of your preferred boys( you don't want him in the WC) or you want to sneak your boys in through the back door since you know he is not good and trustable enough to play but you are under obligations to take him to the WC. grin

Anyway, I give Rohr pass mark for trying out the back four of Balogun, Troost, Shehu and Aina, since I assumed he wanted to see how they will cope. Good one but sad he didn't trust Ebuehi for 4 or 2 minutes. Haba!

Moreover, after close observations of each players at the the back. I found Balogun a big suspect. May be I should spare him the slack because of the slippery pitch else he deserves it. He was too cautious and clumsy for my likening. I think the dude doesn't want to miss the WC this time around due to injury or he is not in form right now. Although he later picked up as the game progressed which ought not to be so because we might get purnished by early starter teams that love to score and sit back to hit on counter attacks.

Troost Ekong was excellent today from start to finish. It think he has gathered liver these days. Bravo

I had my reservations about Aina defensive attributes and capabilities prior to this match though his attacking attributes and capabilities are unquestionably, but he surpassed my expectations with his splendid defensive awareness, positioning and physicality. Especially when he kicked the play away when he saw Ezenwa lackadaisical and clumsy reactions in regards to the ball contested by a fast approaching Algerian. Ezenwa wey just open hand as if he wan cash fowl. Good one from him. He needs to improve his game. With a natural LW he will thrive better.

Shehu Abudul left me amazed with his confident display with splendid and jaw dropping movement across the field from the defence to the mildfield and attack. He was apparently and obviously one of the most noticeable individual on the pitch. That was his second best games in the green and white. Hopefully, he takes this kind of performance to the world cup. This is one of those players that found their way into the nation team through the back door. What will happen if those doing better than him are given the chance to prove themselves? grin.

However, Shehu and the other boys don't know how to gesticulate and they do not know what befell us after Sani kieta wan do bruce lee. They want to show their Africam power hence the headbutts yet still standing firmly on the ground with the intention of retaliating. If na Kayode he go roll for ground as if train jam am and that would have been enough to had earned the Algerian player red card which i believe is part of the game.

Verdict; over all the defence is almost in shape. Save for the lack of equivalent replacement for the CB. I will not recommend until I see the ones on the bench play against Argentina else i will conclude they ain't good enough.

MF

I was surprised and shocked to see Ogu screened the back four instead of his preferred CM or AM role. This summarised his ineffectiveness and confusion in the first half. I noticed he was too slow and looses the ball easily. However, he showed his worth when he was allowed to roam near the post. Maybe the pitch didn't allow him bring forth his best game but I believe he was played out of position.

Etebor is not an AM. Period. He is better a SS or a LM.

Ndid was arguably one of the most outstanding and noticeable individual on the pitch.Though i noticed he can not play the CM role effectively.

verdict; we don't have an equivalent replacement for Mikel and Onazi. The earlier the better Rohr drop his sentiments in selection of players and look for better CM, DM and AM for trials. He should stop collecting list of useless recommendations from agents. Where is Nwakali the like for like replacement for onazi, huh?

Players were wrongly played out of position but it is better he confirms now than gambling at the WC. But how come Rohr doesn't know this after watching them closely for a year or more?

Recommendations; Joel Obi, Raheem Lawal, Josh Onomah, Abdul Ajagun, Hope Akpan and Ryan Sanusi.

AT

As soon as I saw the positioning of our players in the front i knew nothing good will come out from the wrong positioning of these players. Though i was skeptical to know why Rohr decided this way.

How on earth will he drop wingers for a striker on the wing?

I expected to see them play their usual roles. Like Iheanacho ST, Nwakaeme RW and Iwobi AM( i expected Etebor to move to the LW) but that was not the case. Though Iwobi impressed me on the RW in the second half but he is not as effective as Simon or Victor on the wing, one the other hand Anthony and Iheanacho were clueless on that new but strange roles. No thanks to the bad pitch.

When they later changed to their preferred roles nothing happened because noboby to dictate the play or should i say the task was too much of a burden for Etebor to carry.

Verdict; Rohr should start them against Argentina in those strange role, mo we see if they have anything to offer in those strange roles. That is if he thinks they are better in there else he should forget it and face the reality. There are many better players in those roles waiting in line to grab the chance if afforded them. We saw what Onyekuru brought to the table immediately he was deployed to the LW. He was more effective with the little time given him than all the wasted time Iheanacho, Nwakaeme and Iwobi played on the wings. We don't have strikers yet but Rohr is preventing us from seeing others like Kayode and Dressers.

Submission; He should consider Sone Aluko if he is looking for a better replacement for the LW role. The coach should pls start Onyekuru and Kayode against Argentina because this is what friendlies are meant for, which has been the norms and best practices all over the world. Why is Nigeria different? This is where you see unwanted player never given the chance to prove themselves or given 30 minutes game time due to reasons best known to them.

I know it will become very difficult to drop a player you don't want peradventure he performances better than your preferred boys hence the need not to play them at all or you don't play them because dem be ya boys but you are under obligation to sneak them into the WC list since he knew dem go fumble if you play dem. grin

Gk

Ikechukwu Ezenwa na calamity waited to happen. He should be dropped with immediate effect. I don't understand how selections of players are made in Nigeria national team. We have Dele Aiyenugba who is currently playing in Isreal two four seven but Alloy Agu prefers this yeye goalkeeper who is not even the best in the local league. How did he get there in the first place if no be through mago mago way?

Dele and Vincent should be drafted into the team with immediate effect.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2017
Algerian1:
stats of the match of yeterday
Where did you get this stats from? Nigeria edged Algeria in ball possession.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
Humility017:

just leave them.......just that goal yesterday have made them to forget all onazi have been doing.....
ogu still deserves to sit on the bench whenever...we have a full house.

that goal can't deceive me...he only now has the opportunity to come in as sub in place of agu....

now ahead of agu in the pecking order...and not onazi or ndidi

I concur with your laststatement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
sontoly:

seems u have not followed him this season, he hasnt gotten yellow card that much not to talk of red.
he must have improved in his tackles then. Just like in the case of Obi Mikel in his early days at Chelsea Fc.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
I think Algeria came with the mindset that they'd walk over this team, seeing as it is a very Depleted squad.

They were frustrated when they could not exert themselves and became aggressive.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
goldfish80:

Exactly Dr, these guys can't be intimidated. They passed the test with flying colours on this one. We will know more about the team when they take on Argentina.
Yeah exactly.. but i ain't pleased with Shehu, although he played well but dude should have fallen when he got an headbutt from Brahimi. For Pete's sake, this is basic in football.. He did well trying to implicate him but just fall, that's it.. He didn't act like a very intelligent player to me. seriously disappointed angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

We need the best keeper in the post. Not best adjusted keeper. When we had Enyeama in goal, he was the best. The goalkeeping department need to get to work and find out the best set.

Ezenwa is a good goalkeeper but his limitations will put us at risk. And, yes, if Uzoho is not good enough, we have to keep searching than settle for someone we know is not good enough.

And where do you think that your search will land you?... Two places either calling in a clubless holidaying goalkeeper from far away Mars or bringing in a rookie. Either ways we will be screwed in the world cup.

You lots will never learn.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

SMH

Better work with what you have

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
realpoacher:

And where do you think that your search will land you?... Two places either calling in a clubless holidaying goalkeeper or bringing in a rookie. Either ways we are screwed in the world cup.

SMH

If Enyeama gets a club in January and plays regularly, he will be ahead of what we have at the moment.

Ofcourse, he needs to get himself match fit.

What we have at the moment is not good enough.

Uzoho, too young and inexperienced
Ezenwa, Akpeyi, Average

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
Iwobi wasn't sluggish.
You mean he became fat after the Zambia game?

solonnachi:

I agree with you. Iwobi is also becoming fat that he can't run at times and make necessary tackles & was sluggish. Was the bad pitch also responsible for that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2017
Joebie:
I'm watching that game again right now. I will comment on other things I observed.

But back to Shehu's issue. Even before that encounter, he would have gotten a second yellow on other occasions if it were for other refs.
Shehu is easily my joint MOTM with Ekong, but hey I have to say things as it is.
when I say not smart, you know what I mean. This is no English class. If I want to write serious English, trust me I can.
It's ABC in football, when someone head butts you, you fall.

I am not teaching English but IMO that was not the right choice of word. African players in general won't fall to the ground and start rolling around. It has been imbedded in the South Americans who do and tbh it is a dirty and disgusting habit that takes away from the game like how Sergio Ramos spoilt the champions league finals. I personally respect penalty divers way more than people who go looking for red cards.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2017
Bros I didn't get d sarcasm in ur post, and i overreacted ,cos of d frustrating comments ppl have been writing... I apologize deeply... Respect bro!!!
Mujtahida:

I beg to disagree Sir. Forumites didn't even discuss this match as such not to talk of larger percentage. What has occupied us here has been the Tammy saga and the argument for /against foreign born players. I doubt if anyone even made any goal prediction in our favour. I dare say nobody did. I remember even laughing and saying that we've been on this foreign born issue because Super Eagles have qualified. There wasn't much expectation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2017
Lucque:
Bros I didn't get d sarcasm in ur post, and i overreacted ,cos of d frustrating comments ppl have been writing... I apologize deeply... Respect bro!!!

good man

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2017
Icon4s:

Your line up.

If Uzoho must be tested it cannot be this Argentina game.
I concur with you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2017
tbaba1234:
What are your thoughts about our WC jersey? So disappointing.

When it comes to jersey design,even Puma beats Nike...

What the heck is this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2017
solonnachi:
Now we all strongly agree that we need Vincent Enyeama back as a matter of fact. NFF must swallow their pride & beg him to come back. Dele Alampasu & Ajiboye should have also being invited.

We don't need to beg him. It's not done like that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2017
I watched some highlight of the game on YouTube. but its not enough for me to rate anybody yet.. hopefully I will get to watch the Argentina game..

who knows if it will be aired on Supersport
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2017
Danielnino00:

What the heck is this

I hope, they have something else for the world cup..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
mostob:
pls,tell me you are joking
He must be joking. grin
mostob:
pls,tell me you are joking
He must be joking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
Ivory Coast vs Morocco, the game to watch..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
A player that I rated so highly, why would I turn around and be disrespectful. Good judgement is looking at the context at which something is said to know the true meaning of what was said. Even your choice of words was it better? NOT savvy. Pick one:

adjective, savvier, savviest.
experienced, knowledgable, and well-informed; shrewd (often used in combination): consumers who are savvy about prices;
a tech-savvy entrepreneur.
noun
Also, savviness. practical understanding; shrewdness or intelligence; common sense:

lol.. and you respect head-butters?
Even as it stood, that guy should have gotten a red. The falling is to force the ref into making the right decision. I would do that instead of hitting the player back. Best way to get him punished, than standing and talking a bunch of nothing.

Modified

adjective, smarter, smartest.
quick or prompt in action, as persons.
having or showing quick intelligence or ready mental capability:
a smart student.
shrewd or sharp, as a person in dealing with others or as in business dealings:
a smart businessman.
clever, witty, or readily effective, as a speaker, speech, rejoinder, etc.

BascoVanVeli:

I am not teaching English but IMO that was not the right choice of word. African players in general won't fall to the ground and start rolling around. It has been imbedded in the South Americans who do and tbh it is a dirty and disgusting habit that takes away from the game like how Sergio Ramos spoilt the champions league finals. I personally respect penalty divers way more than people who go looking for red cards.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
Danielnino00:

What the heck is this
I don't think that's our WC Jersey... It can't be.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2017
oya start praying oh.. lol
Nike sending experimental jerseys to different nations

MetalJigsaw:
I don't think that's our WC Jersey... It can't be.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2017
SerVik:

Where did you get this stats from? Nigeria edged Algeria in ball possession.

http://www.matchendirect.fr/live-score/algerie-nigeria.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:22pm On Nov 11, 2017
Rabah Madjer : Nigeria Refused To Take The Game Easy Despite World Cup

Algeria national team coach Rabah Madjer was satisfied with his side's 1-1 draw with Nigeria on Friday night, and admitted that the North Africans would have won if not for the opportunities they missed.

Israeli-based midfielder John Ogu broke the deadlock in the 62nd minute with a shot from distance, and the Super Eagles came so close to sealing their fifth win of the 2018 World Cup qualifiers but a controversial penalty was converted by Porto's Brahimi in the 88th minute.

''Frankly, we could not ask more to this team. We faced a very tough team from Nigeria, who did not let it go despite their World Cup qualification earned even before this match. We tried to develop our game despite the difficulties,'' Madjer said at a press conference attended by Le Buteur.

''That said, I think that what I saw tonight, the future of this selection looks bright. There are many positive things to remember, though, I repeat, not everything has been perfect.

''I think this draw is satisfying even if we could have won if we had converted the opportunities we got , especially in the second half.''

Despite the draw, Algeria finished last in Group B, having failed to register a win in the group stage for the first time since CAF expanded the qualifiers to 4-5 teams.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=25385
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
How Dare You Call This Nigerian Team Understrength – Algeria Coach Barks At Journalist

Rabah Madjer disagreed with a journalist who called the Nigerian team that played out a 1-1 draw against Algeria second string during the post match conference.

Nigeria prosecuted the game without the services of captain John Obi Mikel and his deputy Ogenyi Onazi, team’s talisman Victor Moses was also absent through injury, same as regular left back Elderson Echiejile.

Top striker Odion Ighalo was also missing through injury, but Madjer insist the Nigerian team that his team forced to a 1-1 draw courtesy of a controversial penalty shouldn’t be termed under strength.

A journalist asked the coach if there’s cause for concern as his team struggled against a Nigerian team missing six regular players but the coach replied saying ” How dare you call this Nigerian team under strength “, Madjer quipped.

” They have players from English Premier League clubs, one from Arsenal and even one playing in the German Bundesliga ‎. Most of them play in Europe so we deserve some praise for the way we fought them”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/11/how-dare-you-call-this-nigerian-team-understrength-algeria-coach-barks-at-journalist/

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
Just as you could have won had Mahrez converted that penalty against Zambia.
And you had nothing to say about that fraudulent penalty call.
Keep saying if this and if that.
The fact is Algeria were aggressive and very desperate from the blast of the whistle. I guess they were desperate to show your fans that they were not the weeping boys after all. Everything was at stake for you. But we responded in kind in the 2nd half.

Edopesin:
Rabah Madjer : Nigeria Refused To Take The Game Easy Despite World Cup

Algeria national team coach Rabah Madjer was satisfied with his side's 1-1 draw with Nigeria on Friday night, and admitted that the North Africans would have won if not for the opportunities they missed.

Israeli-based midfielder John Ogu broke the deadlock in the 62nd minute with a shot from distance, and the Super Eagles came so close to sealing their fifth win of the 2018 World Cup qualifiers but a controversial penalty was converted by Porto's Brahimi in the 88th minute.

''Frankly, we could not ask more to this team. We faced a very tough team from Nigeria, who did not let it go despite their World Cup qualification earned even before this match. We tried to develop our game despite the difficulties,'' Madjer said at a press conference attended by Le Buteur.

''That said, I think that what I saw tonight, the future of this selection looks bright. There are many positive things to remember, though, I repeat, not everything has been perfect.

''I think this draw is satisfying even if we could have won if we had converted the opportunities we got , especially in the second half.''

Despite the draw, Algeria finished last in Group B, having failed to register a win in the group stage for the first time since CAF expanded the qualifiers to 4-5 teams.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=25385
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2017
One will have to be very creative with only green and white to play with.
I'm sure I can throw in some good ideas. Nike give me a call

Danielnino00:

What the heck is this

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2017
realpoacher:

And where do you think that your search will land you?... Two places either calling in a clubless holidaying goalkeeper from far away Mars or bringing in a rookie. Either ways we will be screwed in the world cup.

SMH

You are acting as if we do not have keepers who are Nigerians. For now we have keepers like Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Dele Alampasu, Francis Uzoho, Nwokolor, Dele Ajiboye. Obviously, those keeping are not the best from the pair based on what we have seen so far.

We can not say we will go to the World Cup with the limitations of Ezenwa or Akpeyi. So if you think repeating the same keepers in goal is not doing the same thing over again, then I am baffled with your understanding of the word repeating.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2017
The chance you're talking about clearly hit a big contour. That chance even made me know how technical Iwobi is. Why running he looked away from the ball knowing where it should be and looked up to find the best option. Only for him to want to cross the ball and the movement was altered by the contour. That field killed so many of our good moves

sontoly:

I dont think Iwobi did well today, but he didnt do badly, i didnt forgive him when he spoilt the chance we had on score, didnt know how a caliber of player like him cldnt cross that ball with his stronger foot, even iheanacho crossed better today with his right.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2017
tbaba1234:

I hope, they have something else for the world cup..

Hopefully..

BTW,any idea if the Argentina game will be on supersport?? This viewing centre in my area posted that they would show the match ... na dstv dem dy use sha...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2017
Joebie:
A player that I rated so highly, why would I turn around and be disrespectful. Good judgement is looking at the context at which something is said to know the true meaning of what was said. Even your choice of words was it better? NOT savvy. Pick one:

adjective, savvier, savviest.
experienced, knowledgable, and well-informed; shrewd (often used in combination): consumers who are savvy about prices;
a tech-savvy entrepreneur.
noun
Also, savviness. practical understanding; shrewdness or intelligence; common sense:

lol.. and you respect head-butters?
Even as it stood, that guy should have gotten a red. The falling is to force the ref into making the right decision. I would do that instead of hitting the player back. Best way to get him punished, than standing and talking a bunch of nothing.

Modified

adjective, smarter, smartest.
quick or prompt in action, as persons.
having or showing quick intelligence or ready mental capability:
a smart student.
shrewd or sharp, as a person in dealing with others or as in business dealings:
a smart businessman.
clever, witty, or readily effective, as a speaker, speech, rejoinder, etc.

Why would I respect the head butter? U don't have to write an epistle about this, I just stated my opinion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) ... (16445) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: codemaniacs, Vischy, KpagoGIN(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.