Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,978 members, 7,893,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 02:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2083) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12102282 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) (2086) ... (16445) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2017
Joebie:
I just watched that match for the third time. To say Ogu's performance was phenomenal is misleading.

That is your opinion. From Instagram, Facebook, forums, other media outlets including 4 websites I checked all praised Ogu. If your opinion is different, that is for you.

I have mine, people backed it and that is okay for me.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
No point crying over those who didn't give Oshaniwa a look in, or you'd appear like someone always waiting to criticize, relevant or not.

TheGoodJoe:

I wanted Rohr to look into Oshaniwa and he did. That is all I ask. If he does not impress or fit into the coaches plan, I am okay with that. My respect for Rohr is that he looked in. It is his team and his choice to make decisions that is best for the team. As long as the coach is true to himself, he has my respect.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
OMANBALA1:

What is his current form ?

What does current form has to do with the debate?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
Joebie:
No point crying over those who didn't give Oshaniwa a look in, or you'd appear like someone always waiting to criticize, relevant or not.

I critiqued those who did not look into a player unfairly dropped from the squad after performing well and giving a run to a player who faulted repeatedly. I praise the one who noticed and looked in.

What is your problem in that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
grin i've only said it's misleading. Never said you should not keep hugging your opinion.
He had a great goal. The only goal form open play, and in fact, the only valid goal. That's enough to win MOTM. And if they want to top it with all the beautiful toppings, okay then.
But most of those things won't have been said had he not scored.

TheGoodJoe:

That is your opinion. From Instagram, Facebook, forums, other media outlets including 4 websites I checked all praised Ogu. If your opinion is different, that is for you.

I have mine, people backed it and that is okay for me.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
Joebie:

You are the one surfing March 30 post to bring an already debated argument and telling me I appear like someone waiting to criticize. I mean, March 30. Haaa.

If I am waiting, you are looking. If I see something wrong and I disagree with it, I will point it out. If the coach agrees, I praise him because that is when I am Convinced to the best of my knowledge that the coach is doing his best for the team. That is what I want from him.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
I don't even have a slight idea what you mean by March 30

TheGoodJoe:

You are the one surfing March 30 post to bring an already debated argument and telling me I appear like someone waiting to criticize. I mean, March 30. Haaa.

If I am waiting, you are looking. If I see something wrong and I disagree with it, I will point it out. If the coach agrees, I praise him because that is when I am Convinced to the best of my knowledge that the coach is doing his best for the team. That is what I want from him.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:52pm On Nov 12, 2017
Joebie:
grin i've only said it's misleading. Never said you should not keep hugging your opinion.
He had a great goal. The only goal form open play, and in fact, the only valid goal. That's enough to win MOTM. And if they want to top it with all the beautiful toppings, okay then.
But most of those things won't have been said had he not scored.

That is them. I would have praised Ogu. As I said before, I watched that game with a former Sharks FC player and he was the one that told me Ogu will cap his good performance with a goal. When the goal entered, he said he told me. Which was an impressive prediction.

Without the goal, maybe there would have been an argument fest here but I was convinced beyond reasonable doubt that Ogu was fantastic. I hope he can repeat it against Argentina.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
Joebie:
I don't even have a slight idea what you mean by March 30

The Oshaniwa post you dug up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
Danielnino00:
Do you think the Ndidi-Onazi-Mikel midfield combo should be Rohr first choice in Russia??
If not, who would u rather like to see in the midfield??

CC: Joebie,Thegoodjoe,Safarigirl Forgiveness, Icon4s icon79 komekn tbaba1234 Mickeal2 Mujithda, soetanoreoluwa and other distinguished members of the thread...

I don't know how it will look if I remove Ndidi for Joel Obi.

Joel-Mikel- Onazi could be perfect. I think I prefer this. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
oh it was actually an old post I commented on? My bad..
Must have got it wrong while navigating.

TheGoodJoe:

The Oshaniwa post you dug up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
please who is a good agent here looking for a goal keeper?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Joebie:
oh it was actually an old post I commented on? My bad..
Must have got it wrong while navigating.

It happens. No beef or stress.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Joebie:
I just watched that match for the third time. To say Ogu's performance was phenomenal is misleading.

I can't find the complete match online. Help me with any links
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Humility017:

right now...we have 3 RB....shehu,ebuehi and aina and for LB...we have just idowu. and iwobi playing AM....that one is left to rohr who still keep fielding etebo there...

I wish I can talk to him.....
Omeruo is still an option for right back, but in all, l think Shehu is establishing himself in that keenly contested position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
Danielnino00:
Do you think the Ndidi-Onazi-Mikel midfield combo should be Rohr first choice in Russia??
If not, who would u rather like to see in the midfield??

CC: Joebie,Thegoodjoe,Safarigirl Forgiveness, Icon4s icon79 komekn tbaba1234 Mickeal2 Mujithda, soetanoreoluwa and other distinguished members of the thread...
That combination will most likely be our midfield set up in Russia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
Daejoyoung:

Omeruo is still an option for right back, but in all, l think Shehu is establishing himself in that keenly contested position.

Nah, with Shehu, Aina, Ebuehi and Idowu.. Omeruo will have to compete for the CB role.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mujtahida:

That combination will most likely be our midfield set up in Russia

The only person, i feel can take over is Joel..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
Humility017:

I think with the presence of mikel...it will be better....
players like ekong and Leon should be allowed to go forward whenever we have corner kicks...with onazi covering the backline in their absence...

and the set piece I think should be left for nacho and Moses Simon and not Victor Moses........

he really impressed me with the ones he took in Constantine

TBH so far Ekong and Leon have offered nothing on set pieces. Victor Moses was outstanding on set pieces against Cameroon, remember he had a goal that was cancelled and also his cross for Mikel's goal. But that is the thing, we have better takers than we have finishers, before Mikel the last set piece goal was from Efe Ambrose.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

TBH so far Ekong and Leon have offered nothing on set pieces. Victor Moses was outstanding on set pieces against Cameroon, remember he had a goal that was cancelled and also his cross for Mikel's goal. But that is the thing, we have better takers than we have finishers, before Mikel the last set piece goal was from Efe Ambrose.

I loved Iheanacho's deliveries against Algeria.. I feel Simon Moses or Etebo are better than Victor Moses in set pieces. Simon Moses is the set piece taker at his club.

Also, the coaches have to develop set piece routines. In the 2002 WC, i remember Argentina employed a particular FK routine against us and eventually scored with it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
somehow:
Please guys, how many natural LB and RB do we have in camp?

Also apart from Mikel and maybe a makeshift Iwobi, who can play the creative/attacking midfielding position for us currently in camp?

Nobody but dem no wan gree give Abdul Ajagun chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
If Ogu's performance is your definition of 'fantastic' then I Argentina will destroy us. Le2 me ask you some questions, which position was Ogu playing in the first and second half?

TheGoodJoe:

That is them. I would have praised Ogu. As I said before, I watched that game with a former Sharks FC player and he was the one that told me Ogu will cap his good performance with a goal. When the goal entered, he said he told me. Which was an impressive prediction.

Without the goal, maybe there would have been an argument fest here but I was convinced beyond reasonable doubt that Ogu was fantastic. I hope he can repeat it against Argentina.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
edi287:

If Joel Obi can stay fit till the WC, I'd like to see him play ahead of either Ndidi or Onazi. I really think he can break into our first 11.
If joel obi plays, Onazi can still play just ahead of the defenders in a defensive midfield role, but then we have Ndidi as well, so the best option would be to reserve joel obi on the bench as a replacement for Mickel in that attacking midfield role.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
forgiveness:

I don't know how it will look if I remove Ndidi for Joel Obi.
Joel-Mikel- Onazi could be perfect. I think I prefer this. grin

replace Onazi with Ndidi and it would be perfect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
Karlovich:
England call up solanke for their upcoming game against Brazil, forgiveness I hope you can rest now

Na friendly and that's all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
tbaba1234:

The only person, i feel can take over is Joel..
I pray he stays fit and in form. But he plays as an CM. Who's going to be our substitute AM apart from Mikel. Our reliance on him is too obvious. It would make tactically savvy teams to isolate him and we'd be done for. Can Obi Joel play as an AM?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
Daejoyoung:

Any player that will take that RIGHT WING BACK position from Shehu will have to be good as Phillip Lahm of Germany ... I want t see him against Argentina and give my full verdict . We need all our best players at the right position .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mujtahida:

I pray he stays fit and in form. But he plays as an CM. Who's going to be our substitute AM apart from Mikel. Our reliance on him is too obvious. It would make tactically savvy teams to isolate him and we'd be done for. Can Obi Joel play as an AM?

Joel can be a good AM as well. He has good versatility and energy. He is also good on the ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mujtahida:
As a nation, the much I know about our football history tells me that we've never been lacking in the goalkeeping department but I don't understand how we are having this problem since Ikeme became sick.

We do not lack goalkeeper. The only problem is Alloy Agu wants to force Ezenwa on us.

Vincent Eyeama, Dele Aiyenugba, Nwofolor, Dele Alampasu, Francis Uzoho, Deji Ajiboye etc are all far better than Ezenwa but somebody's interest is more important than the whole country.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mickael2:

replace Onazi with Ndidi and it would be perfect

No way because Onazi offers more than Ndidi. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mickael2:
If Ogu's performance is your definition of 'fantastic' then I Argentina will destroy us. Le2 me ask you some questions, which position was Ogu playing in the first and second half?

Ogu was poor , in that Zambia match ,...and i have watched his games so many times , had a lot of bad tackles in the past which had earned him a yellow card during the days of Keshi .....his good side his the ability to take a long range shot and intercept passes . aside this , his timings are always wrong ... maybe he can improve . i will pick any of our regulars ahead of him ...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
let me check.. actually watched it on SS

Mujtahida:

I can't find the complete match online. Help me with any links

(1) (2) (3) ... (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) (2086) ... (16445) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cromz(m), GMBOFASIA and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.