Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,029 members, 7,896,333 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 11:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12127314 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2638) (2639) (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) ... (16450) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2018
Truidstar:

Ermmm.... Bros I think this issue has been settled. Rohr has attached a trainer to Uzoho. I think who our number one goal keeper will be is 90% settled.
Uzoho
Ezenwa
Akpeyi (love him or hate him)
not so fast on uzoho, I also heard Rohr say a goal keeper trainer will also be sent to Alampasu too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2018
I have no issue with Ezenwa but when people start praising him unnecessarily it smells of hypocrisy. Here is a guy that has basically been on vacation in Morocco and instead of crediting the defenders we have been taken on a long journey of fibs and lies.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ezenwa is not the best in he NPFL, I can prove this to anyone who cares to discuss this. His luck is working for him and that's all to it.
Icon4s:

I understand your point.

But there is no way a goalkeeper will be in perfect position all the time. As rightly pointed by petrobros, u saw Petre Cech make some wrong decisions in dealing with aerial balls today.

We all know Ezenwa is not world class but you cannot dispute the fact that he is about the best we have in the local league.

I am not expecting a perfect performance from him. In fact I have lowered my standard for the entire team.

We will all keep following the tournament with a closer look at Ezenwa.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
Icon4s:

Bros, no vex abeg.

Just ignore.

Some people just do not know how to make comments without adding insults.
Do me a favour sir and quote exactly the perceived insults...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
Petrobros:

That is how you view it. Perfectly stated, devoid of any sentiments.

But do you know there are some peeps here who are waiting for Ezenwa to fail so that Rohr will drop him completely from the WC team?

Which test will he receive in this CHAN that would be more than what he received against Cameroon, Zambia and Algeria. All 4 matches he only conceded two goals from penalties. He has kept several clean sheets for the Eagles despite some of his lapses.

I tell you some are just waiting for that moment to nail him. They will not give him credit for keeping clean sheet but are quick to point to cases where he was out of position. Has their been any goalkeeper that is always in perfect position?

Someone even said he will not give Ezenwa any credits but we shall watch and see as the team gets to the final.If you wish Ezenwa to fail it simply means you want the team to fail. Simple.

This CHAN is only going to boost Ezenwa's confidence level and rating.

Bro, not trying to hate on Ezenwa, just stating an observation.

I think a major factor contributing to Ezenwa's several clean sheets is the strong defence shielding him; both SE and CHAN Eagles

Just imagine an Ezenwa in btw the sticks against Argentina in 2010 and 2014 WC,he would have conceded more goals than Enyeama did

Anyway, I hope he improves and learns from errors. He'll be up against football geniuses at the WC.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
somehow:
Ezenwa is not the best in he NPFL, I can prove this to anyone who cares to discuss this. His luck is working for him and that's all to it.

He is the NPFL goalie that is best for the Super Eagles job.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
CaptainStephen:
not so fast on uzoho, I also heard Rohr say a goal keeper trainer will also be sent to Alampasu too.

Interesting.

So will Ezenwa and Akpeyi get there's too?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
No sir, he's the one Alloy Agu chose based on his own "experience". Have never been the best in the league. Not in any season since he's been in the league.

Hence the word "luck working for him".

Only saving grace I have is that the coach even knows this, hence the reason he's shopping for a number one in Enyeama or groom Uzoho and the other small boy for the position.

Is he totally bad? No, but are there better GKs in the league than him? Yes, even in CHAN, those on the bench will floor him given same opportunity!

Saying Ezenwa is the best in the league is an insult to the real hardworking ones ignored.

Too bad in life, most times the best are ignored (especially in Nigeria lol)

Rohr is never confident with Ezenwa and unfortunately it's too late for him to try any new hands from the league. (Only hope is Uzoho or if Enyeama gets his acts together.)

Icon4s:

He is the NPFL goalie that is best for the Super Eagles job.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
darkelf:

Bro, not trying to hate on Ezenwa, just stating an observation.

I think a major factor contributing to Ezenwa's several clean sheets is the strong defence shielding him; both SE and CHAN Eagles

Just imagine an Ezenwa in btw the sticks against Argentina in 2010 and 2014 WC,he would have conceded more goals than Enyeama did

Anyway, I hope he improves and learns from errors. He'll be up against football geniuses at the WC.

Also imagine if it were Uzoho or Alampasu in goal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
The 45 mins of Uzoho I saw gave me more confidence than all the hours of Ezenwa I have seen. If emotion is eliminated, it can be seen clearly.
Icon4s:

Also imagine if it were Uzoho or Alampasu in goal.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
House, has Enyeama sorted his club issues?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
somehow:
No sir, he's the one Alloy Agu chose based on his own "experience". Have ever been the best in the league. Not in any season since he's been in the league.

Hence the word "luck working for him".

Only saving grace I have is that the coach even knows this, hence the reason he's shopping for a number one in Enyeama or groom Uzoho and the other small boy for the position.

Rohr is never confident with Ezenwa and unfortunately it's too late for him to try any new hands from the league.

Ezenwa is about the most consistent goalie in the league . He has been in the national team set up for quite a while now working under Keshi, Oliseh, Salisu and then Rohr and has gotten several exposures both in the continent and outside the continent.

This is a major edge he has over all other goalies in the NPFL.
I have always stated that goalkeepers selection is a lot more complex that outfield players selection.

There are a lot to the selection criteria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
Humility017:

Lol...my brother...I perfectly believe all you wrote but my brother somehow will still doubt it.

I remember one kano pillars match...I watched they were loosing a goal nil @ sani abacha staduim when one of the specatators I supposed or FA official entered into the pitch slapped the ref and asked him to award a penalty...which he did even though there was no serious offense...that was how they equalised...the goal deficits....

the Nigeria league need serious overhaul I don't even support using the police for securities..they've been cases where the police have been held culpable...some police officials are even fans of some of this home teams and as such turn a blind eye to this atrocities...more still the northerners here.....don't fear the police..at all...the only force officials they tend to have reverence for...is the military...
so the military should be used for securities....the LMC should enter into an agreement wit the military...like sponsorship agreement .

the ideas are there but they don't want to implement them. I am certain they can create a division out of the nigerian police that will be tasked with matchday security but who wants to do the right thing?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
somehow:
The 45 mins of Uzoho I saw gave me more confidence than all the hours of Ezenwa I have seen. If emotion is eliminated, it can be seen clearly.

What if the only 45mins of Ezenwa's game you ever saw was the first 45mins against Cameroon in Uyo?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
Icon4s:

On Enyeama I stand.

I no dey for all those Rookies talk.
some days ago, I asked what was going on with Enyeama of recent and if he had moved to Angers and started playing, nobody responded, not even you. I would expect that you would be monitoring the player you stand on, but you sef, you don't know what is going on as regards him

We have just a week left in January and nothing solid has been seen on Enyeama's part, so technically, you stand on nothing undecided

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
Icon4s:

Ezenwa is about the most consistent goalie in the league . He has been in the national team set up for quite a while now working under Keshi, Oliseh, Salisu and then Rohr and has gotten several exposures both in the continent and outside the continent.

I have always stated that goalkeepers selection is a lot more complex that outfield players selection.

Ezenwa? I am sorry but I disagree. He wasn't even first choice last season so how exactly was he consistent? I am sure you know consistency means performing at the top level constantly? How many times has Ezenwa finished as the best GK? If not for the gwg I am not sure Ezenwa's name was known anywhere, even some of his teammates probably didn't even know him. I know Ajiboye has performed for 3seasons straight, Femi Thomas(despite his rare mess-ups) has been considerably good for more than 3 seasons

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
safarigirl:
some days ago, I asked what was going on with Enyeama of recent and if he had moved to Angers and started playing, nobody responded, not even you. I would expect that you would be monitoring the player you stand on, but you sef, you don't know what is going on as regards him

We have just a week left in January and nothing solid has been seen on Enyeama's part, so technically, you stand on nothing undecided

have you considered the possibility that Enyeama is the reason why we have 6 friendlies lined up?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
There is no "what if" here. I used the word "hours", meaning I have watched hours of Ezenwa in SE colors.
Icon4s:

What if the only 45mins of Ezenwa's game you ever saw was the first 45mins against Cameroon in Uyo?

There hasn't been any 45 mins of Ezenwa that gave me confidence.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 12:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
Breaking news: Watford coach Marco Silva sacked!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
Best they arrange local stwards for that, our police force is undermanned, yet you want them.to create a unit out it them? We currently have like 1:650 police to civilian ratio if not more self.
Mickael2:

the ideas are there but they don't want to implement them. I am certain they can create a division out of the nigerian police that will be tasked with matchday security but who wants to do the right thing?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2018
Mickael2:

have you considered the possibility that Enyeama is the reason why we have 6 friendlies lined up?
hmmmm, which kind talk be this, Nigeria will arrange a friendly just because of one player, nothing person no go hear for here

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
Mickael2:

No, I cannot consider such because Rohr specifically said that Enyeama would have to have a club by January and regular game time to be considered. As far as I know, he has not fulfilled those requirements, and unless he suddenly has new friends in the NFF (considering everyone is supposedly against him), he is not going to gatecrash the team. NFF cannot outline six friendlies because of ONE person, the ridiculousness of that idea is.....well, just that, ridiculous

However, the six friendlies could be for a more plausible idea that Rohr wants to switch up players positions in th team and wants to test the current goalie he sees great potential in- Uzoho, because I cannot fathom why he would send a trainer from the NT to Spain to train a kid he doesn't have plans to rocket to the #1 position, it's not like anyone ever thinks he would play a supposed third choice goalie

If Team Enyeama cannot tell us what exactly Enyeama is up to these days, I think talking about him is as fruitless as wishing Martins will make the team, if not more fruitless.

Please,if you are supporting Enyeama, tell us what he is up to, or hold your peace.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
#NPFL...
Ahead of matchday 3, here's the league table..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
Consistent in the league being second choice in most of his NPFL career or what are we saying here? That he ended up in SE has nothing to do with his expoilt in the local league sir.

Please sir, how many season and at which club was he their number for just 2 season while outperforming others? I'm talking facts here sir.

I'm not saying he's totally bad but for anyone to try to pass him across as the best in the league before being chosen is untrue and insulting!

What complex criteria sir if I may ask?

That the coaches ended up picking him is not a yardstick of being the best, they have their reasons which being the best in the league isn't one.

I'm not here to say they should drop him for anybody in the league at this time except via injury but not to be sold to the public as the best in the league!

Enough said on this.

Icon4s:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2018

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
somehow:
he was not even the best in his former club. but wait o, please who knows the where about of Agbim and this other one I love so much, they call him the Arugo monkey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
Icon4s:

The same national team that had Agbim in its ranks?

Agbim was the most invited keeper. He was not even close to the best. He was second choice at his club and was still invited.

I do not think Ezenwa is the best by a mile but he has been favoured by selectors.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
I've said it before that Ezenwa is favoured. Some thought it was a joke. GOD'S grace is upon him. That's the kind of favour I pray for everyday. Unmerited favour. The kind that makes people ask : What special thing did he even do to deserve this sef?. His only job now is to improve on his cross handling and to learn how to trust his defenders to make certain clearances.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
Agbim I have no clue where he is.
jihday:
he was not even the best in his former club. but wait o, please who knows the where about of Agbim and this other one I love so much, they call him the Arugo monkey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
Icon4s:

Interesting.

So will Ezenwa and Akpeyi get there's too?
In the interview he said special trainers were sent to work with some players, he specifically mentioned uzoho and alampasu among the players so its also possible Ezenwa and Akpeyi were among.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
The reason, we have a goalkeeping issue is because we have not selected the best keepers in the league.

I believe that if we objectively selected the best keepers, we will not be looking for kids like Uzoho and Maduka Okafor.

Unfortunately, that objectivity from local coaches is lacking.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
CaptainStephen:
In the interview he said special trainers were sent to work with some players, he specifically mentioned uzoho and alampasu among the players so its also possible Ezenwa and Akpeyi were among.

He mentioned Uzoho not Alampasu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2638) (2639) (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) ... (16450) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ouzo1(m), zuchyblink(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.