Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,916 members, 7,980,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 10:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12615390 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2838) (2839) (2840) (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) ... (16830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:21am On Feb 14, 2018
safarigirl:
Una get time to dey chook mouth for two people matter.

Every time I try that, dem go drag me join for the argument and some people will be expressing disappointment in me for not coming to their aid grin

I dey kuku skip anybody wey dey quarrel, unless when the quarrel has been dragged for days and the two parties are becoming a nuisance

Aside that, I dey my siddon look mode henceforth, anybody wey wan nak-ed themselves, I hold camera grin
It's really a delicate and thankless thing intervening in a fight. Offline sef, growing up my neighbour went to intervene in a fight, na so dem hammer stick ooo, it hit the woman for eye. She suffered greatly from eye problem and became blind in one eye. Since then, I no dey try am.

I just wish we'd be mature here. I hate this constant calling of supposed adults to order. Conflict is inevitable but the frequency here dey tire person.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:29am On Feb 14, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
What is your problem? I ask you??

Hahaha no bro, u no ask me but it still doesn't make it less ridiculous. U r just fond of this abeg stop am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:41am On Feb 14, 2018
Mujtahida:

It's really a delicate and thankless thing intervening in a fight. Offline sef, growing up my neighbour went to intervene in a fight, na so dem hammer stick ooo, it hit the woman for eye. She suffered greatly from eye problem and became blind in one eye. Since then, I no dey try am.

I just wish we'd be mature here. I hate this constant calling of supposed adults to order. Conflict is inevitable but the frequency here dey tire person.
it is the dragging of the conflict that tire me.

Supernerd has been wailing everywhere because somebody he doesn't even know insulted his mother in a faceless forum. My mother has been dead for over ten years, I get into disagreements at times and pesin wey no know go dey insult her, e no concern me. It is not that serious.

There is nothing worse than being stubborn and adamant. It's a disgusting trait, even me, bad as I be, I cannot comman be dragging last year matter with anybody

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:41am On Feb 14, 2018
realpoacher:

You all rooting for North Africans to excel at the Mundial are living in "fools paradise" grin...

People that only flatter to deceive grin

Na for only Africa and their Home ground they get mouth grin

Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia all of them na big flops for world stage

North Africans can't beat even Tahiti convincingly not to talk more of Sweden, not to talk more of Spain or Portugal. Tunisia here is the worst culprit.

I will rather put my money on Togo or Angola or Zambia to give Africa a better performance if they are going to the world Cup than those pretenders.

I really wish they prove me wrong this year sha!
True talk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:46am On Feb 14, 2018
Kog45:
Oga forgiveness i know where am going,reapoacher tried to settle the issue and he made two comments to both of you but the comments showed that he did not followed your discussion from the beginning and i said pls realpoacher help us do justice by going into genesis how the insults started then we know who to blame.

Ok sir. It's well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:47am On Feb 14, 2018
ChrisKels:

Hahaha no bro, u no ask me but it still doesn't make it less ridiculous. U r just fond of this abeg stop am
Mr man respect yourself. I asked a simple question and it wasn't directed to you. So don't get me provoked this is a forum.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:51am On Feb 14, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Mr man respect yourself. I asked a simple question and it wasn't directed to you. So don't get me provoked this is a forum.

Lol really? If I provoked u like I once did you back then on kickoff Nigeria, u go leave ur house come beat me here? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
Amuneke: Unpredictable Moses Will Be Key For Super Eagles In Russia

Victor Moses will be a key player for the Super Eagles at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia if he maintains his impressive form for Chelsea, Emmanuel Amuneke has told Completesportsnigeria.com.

Amuneke who will take charge of his second Sudani League game Tuesday night explained that the 27-year-old has evolved into a complete winger.

“He (Moses) has added defending to his game which will make the Super Eagles team more balanced when they are not in possession and formidable,” Amuneke, one of the stars for the Super Eagles at the 1994 FIFA World Cup, told CSN.
“He is one player in the team you can’t predict or try to stop because he is showing tremendous qualities playing for Chelsea.
“With him for Nigeria we can reach a new level at the World Cup in Russia.”

Moses scored his second league goal of the season for Chelsea who returned to winning ways by defeating West Brom 3-0 on Monday night to move back into fourth place in the Premier League.

The goal was Moses’ 20th Premier League goal for Chelsea and he became the eighth highest scoring Nigerian in English Premier League history.

Efan Ekoku, Shola Ameobi, Nwankwo Kanu, Yakubu Aiyegbeni,Victor Anichebe, Obafemi Martins and Odion Ighalo are the other Nigerians players to have scored 20 goals or more.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/amuneke-unpredictable-moses-will-key-super-eagles-russia/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
Icon79:
This Croatia team is loaded with quality sha. But let's hope that they are still as disorganized as they were during the Euro qualifiers.

The good news is, we can beat any team if we play the same way we played in the second half against Argentina. #Fact

O pari

Especially in that their midfield.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
What invite bro?

EFCC INVITE grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:19pm On Feb 14, 2018
ChrisKels:

Guy no vex but u too dey ask ridiculous qstns. Nawa oo. Invite to clear Eagles filled septic tank.

@Chriskels..u don kill person o hahahahahahajjahhahahhahaahhahahhahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:26pm On Feb 14, 2018
elyte89:

EFCC INVITE grin grin

Guy honestly that my guy has really lost it, av bn keeping tabs on him ever since he came aboard this ship as his moniker looks familiar to that of one great analyst I once rubbed mind with on kickoff Nigeria, but this guy right here keeps embarrassing me with his cockeyed qstns. I xpctd better from him, maybe I mistake him for someone else. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 12:28pm On Feb 14, 2018
ChrisKels:

Guy honestly that my guy has really lost it, av bn keeping tabs on him ever since he came aboard this ship as his moniker looks familiar to that of one great analyst I once rubbed mind with on kickoff Nigeria, but this guy right here keeps embarrassing me with his cockeyed qstns. I xpctd better from him, maybe I mistake him for someone else. grin

Chief Rohr invite our German connect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
Mujtahida:

Bro how we go do today now. Both Valentine and Ash Wednesday are Catholic feasts abi events.

You really know how to keep us on tenterhooks. What's the info. I'm itching to know. German boys? Have we succeeded in nicking at least one of them?

Lol my able barrister, calm down e never ripe. BTW, I hope u dun go collect ur own ash for forehead?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
nelszx:

Chief Rohr invite our German connect
O si gini undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 12:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
Mujtahida:

Hmmmmm no talk ooo. There are seriously looking into it ooo. Although I have not read the Shearer research mentioned by Captain but that's an indication of how serious the issue is. Na so e dey start small small
That's how the Doctor in the movie 'Concussion' (actually from the real life story of the Nigerian doctor Bennett Omalu) fought alone for years to bring the issue of head damages to the attention of the stakeholders in the NFL amidst threat to his life. He later succeeded.

Me no want am ooo cos taking away heading from the game will seriously deprive the game of an element that makes it interesting. I am only just bringing the info to the attention of the threadsters
Here is the story

Alan Shearer pledges to donate his brain when he dies for research into dementia and football
Alan Shearer presented a BBC documentary on the BBC on footballers suffering from dementia and the possible link with heading the ball
CREDIT: RICH LINLEY - CAMERASPORT
By Jeremy Wilson , DEPUTY FOOTBALL CORRESPONDENT
13 NOVEMBER 2017 • 9:54PM
lan Shearer has pledged to donate his brain when he dies to the growing ‘bank’ that is being created by former British professionals for research into dementia and playing football.
The 47-year-old former England captain fronted a powerful BBC documentary into the issue on Sunday shortly after The Telegraph had also reported how families of suffering players in this country were following those in American Football by donating the brains of loved ones to research.
This is because chronic traumatic encephalopathy - a devastating form of dementia that is caused by head trauma – can only be diagnosed in post-mortem and the full scale of the crisis was only accepted by the National Football League in America after hundreds of autopsies. Shearer says the issue has been “swept under the carpet” here and, after admitting to fears that he will suffer CTE in later life, the Premier League's record scorer has informed the Scottish neuropathologist Dr Willie Stewart that he wants to donate his brain.
Dr Stewart diagnosed the first CTE case in a British footballer when he examined Jeff Astle’s brain in post-mortem. Boston University have also diagnosed CTE in the former Chicago Fire ‘soccer’ player Patrick Grange and a study by the University College London this year found CTE in four out of six former players they examined. The Drake Foundation announced yesterday that it will now commit a further £1 million to (as yet undecided) research projects in concussion in football.
The Telegraph has been campaigning for research into the potential link between dementia and playing football following its own investigation, with the Football Association and the Professional Footballers’ Association also now promising six-figure funding to answer this question.
The FA/PFA research is separate to The Drake Foundation and will initially seek simply to answer whether former footballers are suffering disproportionately with neurodegenerative disease. An announcement on the team of experts who will undertake the study is due before Christmas.
The Jeff Astle Foundation has now been contacted by more than 400 suffering families. Astle died in 2002 and the inquest attributed his death to brain damage sustained playing football. There is anger that the FA – and particularly the PFA – have not subsequently pushed for more research into the risks of playing football and the Astle family have called for a parliamentary inquiry into who knew what and when. "Nowhere near enough research has been done so far,” said Shearer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
isan:
Home super falcons list for wafu cup released by the new coach
Rasheedat ajibade has been called up to the super falcon
What's with all those unnacessary " Queens" and "Angels" attached to these female cllub names.,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
elyte89:

EFCC INVITE grin grin
No let me swear for u o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lorazepam(f): 12:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
No let me swear for u o
Loool guy, it is invite for March friendly, I suppose sir Tbaba posted it some pages back, you could go back to check it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:54pm On Feb 14, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
No let me swear for u o

grin grin grin grin,am still expecting questions from u like,when will d world cup starts?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
What's with all those unnacessary " Queens" and "Angels" attached to these female cllub names.,

He strikes yet again.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
gbosaa:

Alli is good. Everyone has their bad day. You can’t judge him because of that one match and it’s wrong to compare him with Iwobi.
no doubt he is good. But the hype is just 2much.
he even gave an assist yesterday and drew a freekick that was eventually converted.
But overall he didn't seem like the alli i was hearing about. The english media portray him as one very big world class player while he is no where near that.

World class players rise to the ocassion like kane did yestetday. But alli constantly looked like he had no idea what he was doing.

Imagine the english media thinking he can play for madrid/barca. Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
Mujtahida:

Well said.....commenting on dis forum has been less exciting lately as football matters av been shifted to one corner by people hell bent on settling personal scores on a faceless public forum....I just weak!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
EmmGee:

no doubt he is good. But the hype is just 2much.
he even gave an assist yesterday and drew a freekick that was eventually converted.
But overall he didn't seem like the alli i was hearing about. The english media portray him as one very big world class player while he is no where near that.

World class players rise to the ocassion like kane did yestetday. But alli constantly looked like he had no idea what he was doing.

Imagine the english media thinking he can play for madrid/barca. Lol

I also think he can play for Barca, Madrid and Bayern.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol my able barrister, calm down e never ripe. BTW, I hope u dun go collect ur own ash for forehead?
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha. Dem go gree give me? Not a Catholic though but quite familiar with your prayers, novenas, saints, feast, Orders, and a little of its history. Used to attend mass at the Opus Dei Center located where Pan African University is in Lagos.I used to enjoy reading St.Jose Maria Escriva and Bishop Fulton Sheen. I still have their books.

Back to soccer.

Toh, make I wait patiently for the news. I trust you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:16pm On Feb 14, 2018
eazyjakes:

Well said.....commenting on dis forum has been less exciting lately as football matters av been shifted to one corner by people hell bent on settling personal scores on a faceless public forum....I just weak!
It's just a rash. We would go beyond it. Keep commenting please. That's what makes the thread rich.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
safarigirl:
it is the dragging of the conflict that tire me.

Supernerd has been wailing everywhere because somebody he doesn't even know insulted his mother in a faceless forum. My mother has been dead for over ten years, I get into disagreements at times and pesin wey no know go dey insult her, e no concern me. It is not that serious.

There is nothing worse than being stubborn and adamant. It's a disgusting trait, even me, bad as I be, I cannot comman be dragging last year matter with anybody

Spare Supernerd. He is a mummy’s boy, teachers pet. No offence. He probably didn’t live in the ‘hood’ or attended one of those schools where you hear ‘yo mama’ jokes.

Don’t clinch and wave fists in his mum’s face otherwise he’d blow somebody up with bombs.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 1:19pm On Feb 14, 2018
Mujtahida:

It's just a rash. We would go beyond it. Keep commenting please. That's what makes the thread rich.

Thnx bro.....we all here together.....bt d way som mata take dey drag here sha.....:.u go hail!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:22pm On Feb 14, 2018
tbaba1234:

There is a difference between competitive games and reserve games. He will be fit but that extra sharpness will take a few games.

Please tell them, have no doubt that this is a player who struggled very badly in the EPL. S
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:23pm On Feb 14, 2018
Icon4s:

Not necessarily bro. Doesn't follow for every player.

Like I said it is only players returning from injury that take a longer time to regain sharpness.

For a player who was relegated to the reserve team, one or two senior(competitive games) and he is up and running. Some players even hit the ground running right from their first game after return

He is up and running where in La Liga, Bundesliga, Seria A, EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
andrew444:

You lost it man stop giving your self sleepless night over what you don't know okay,from seyi ojo argument you become pointless,you keep on writing nonsense just to make a point,in your shallow mind you think you can win me,trying to console your self(Your kids are not as daft as....)i dont care if you complete it but as for me i am not as daft as your father.

There is ABSOLUTELY no need for bthis kind of caustic abuse on this forum. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2838) (2839) (2840) (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) ... (16830) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon, Sugarboyy(m), abbey086(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.