Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:31 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3089) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11987199 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3086) (3087) (3088) (3089) (3090) (3091) (3092) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
forgiveness:

When I dey talk for here people think say I dey talk rubbish. Now, we are hearing from the horses mouth that the 90s set no dey d same level with dis set. They were better than this set but some people here wan blind eyes with mago mago sentiment. Here we are, Rohr has confirmed it. Hehehehe! grin

The second bolded is what I don dey hammer since but people here are too sentimental to see we don't have a striker in Kelechi Iheanacho and Ighalo(though I think he's).
If you can't see through what Rohr is doing na you sabi.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
Clementoke:

You have a point but I think he was trying to downplay the expectation and cautious about going overboard regarding the SE Performance at the WC
It's amazing that he couldn't sniff what Rohr was about with that dissumulative talk. Which mumu coach that doesn't have Messi in his team will start hyping his team. Even Sampaoli plays down Argentina. I guess one see what one wants to see.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
tbaba1234:
Shehu and Musa
Omo this Jersies get more beautiful everytime.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

I have modified it sir... Dó
Ese my brother.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
Mujtahida:

If you can't see through what Rohr is doing na you sabi.

That one case done tire me , mind game is a very useful tool in football for coaches that mastered the art.

Coach Rohr got some real skills in this art of playing mind game. These big boys team/countries will be surprised after the heavy hit they will receive. They will not give you the Attention you really deserve if you play with their minds. They will feel relaxed on till you hit them below the belt. If we fail, he has already downplayed the expectation from fans so won't get much critics for failing.

He knows what he is doing.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
AllforJesus7:

What did I just read?
French wetin? Come again please.
He is Franco-German.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
AllforJesus7:

I keep re-watching the NIG vs ARG.
The false 9 system was brilliant.
Either of the trio; mikel, nacho and iwobi kept popping in the no. 9 position at random and argentina did not know which danger man to mark.
Iwobi from the wings sneaked in and put in two behind them.
It was magical.

Yes. It's like a doctor's daily prescription which I watch daily. Iheanacho could do better with his passing eventhough he was fantastic on the night. By and large, it was a sweet victory
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ClumsyFlimsy: 7:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
Mujtahida:

For una mind now una dey inside movement. Krattoss tried one very weak disinfo tactics saying na one Egede man (meaning Igede tribe from Benue) him dey talk about. I just smh. Sincerely in my neck of the wood all this things na for teenage boys. Maybe it's popular in the East sha.
Shut up
what do you are mean by its popular in the east
Better no carry ur tribalistic bullshit come here o.

Egede na nationwide so watch ur lame utterances pertaining the east

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
Does anyone noticed that Onazi seems to have gained some weight? shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

Shut up
what do you are mean by its popular in the east
Better no carry ur tribalistic bullshit come here o.

Egede na nationwide so watch ur lame utterances pertaining the east
Let me pretend as if I did not see your post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 7:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
Mujtahida:

Let me pretend as if I did not see your post.
guy forget that your post was offensive..forget say man just decided to ignore as not to derail this wonderful thread

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:21pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ogu and Balogun

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
asha80:
guy forget that your post was offensive..forget say man just decided to ignore as not to derail this wonderful thread
Well abeg shed light ooo cos I didn't mean to give offence at all and I'd gladly apologise if it has. So tell me what was offensive, the post generally or because I mentioned East(I will modify it then if that's it)? Abi you be? I am ready to converse with you because you enter the matter with sense and maturity not like someone who is uncouth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 7:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
Mujtahida:

Well abeg shed light ooo cos I didn't mean to give offence at all and I'd gladly apologise if it has. So tell me what was offensive, the post generally or because I mentioned East? I am ready to converse with you because you enter the matter with sense and maturity not like someone who is uncouth.
'for teenage boys in my neck of wood'..'maybe popular in the east'..inference east is full of 'immature guys that behave like teenagers' in your perspective...meanwhile igede(benue) isn't even categorized as east.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
asha80:
'for teenage boys in my neck of wood'..'maybe popular in the east'..inference east is full of 'immature guys that behave like teenagers'...meanwhile igede(benue) isn't even categorized as east.
Ehen Ok. I will remove East. I had no intention to give offence at all at least not to a bloc of people, that's why I said' 'maybe'. Just giving my perception as we(as guys my end) look at such things. Was once popular when I was in secondary school but by the time I got to Uni we looked at it as a thing meant for boys and walahi it's secondary school boys that do it in my end. But then make I remove East. And apologies to my Eastern brothers.
In any case I appreciate the gracious way you've pointed things out to me. You weren't Clumsy nor Flimsy. You acted manfully.

I know @ Igede ooo. Born and brought up in Maktown. Igede, Idoma, Tiv, Utonkon. But beyond that I am generally aware of the ethnic configuration of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 7:30pm On Mar 21, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:
Ogu and Balogun
this wear make sense make i no lie

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2018
Is Joel Obi a ghost?? Why haven't we seen his pics.
On another note. Henry Onyekuru has started training and drills once again. A race against time I must say.
Anything can happen between now & June.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:
Ogu and Balogun
Just look at how Baloguns colour brought out the beauty in d Jersey.
Nike is on point tho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
comodo:
Is Joel Obi a ghost?? Why haven't we seen his pics.
On another note. Henry Onyekuru has started training and drills once again. A race against time I must say.
Anything can happen between now & June.

He is obviously not into social media like the younger players..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
tbaba1234:

He is obviously not into social media like the younger players..
Not taking anything from Joel ooo but this is sometimes why we talk about team chemistry. The younger guys and some of the old hands are into SM.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
tbaba1234:
Best under 23 players in belgium based on stats...

Agbo
Awoniyi
Olayinka

Is it official?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

You shall overcome . grin
have once being in your shoe too..
Thank you Sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:
Ogu and Balogun
Sometimes I wish this was the Jersey. It's darker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
tbaba1234:
Rohr Interview in Poland

MACIEJ KALISZUK: What is the meaning of a meeting with the Polish national team for you?

GERNOT ROHR: For us this is a very important match. We have not played since November. There were two meetings in March to test the players. During the world championship our rivals will be Croatia and Iceland, that's why we wanted to play with a team from Europe. In turn, Poland went to Senegal, and our team is somewhat similar physically to this rival. This match is therefore the interest of both teams. A moment after the draw, I talked to your trainer and we agreed that we should face.

Will you play in the strongest team or do you intend to experiment a bit?

We will start with Poland in the strongest position. I do not know yet what I will do before the next meeting, with Serbia.

How do you assess our team?

It is a very strong team, well-trained technically, playing fast, well-organized tactically and at the same time effective, with one fantastic striker Robert Lewandowski.

Do you want him to appear on Friday? In social games he often rested.

I hope that your team will go to the field in the strongest lineup. I am counting on Lewandowski's performance. Fighting with such an attacker is to prepare my players to be able to face Messi and Agüero during the World Cup. Besides, I do not hide that I like him a lot, because he plays in Bayern, and I also performed in this band.

In your opinion, he should leave, or stay in Bayern?

I support Bayern so I want him to stay. It's still a big club.

Do you have any idea how to stop him on Friday?

This can not be done. We can only make him score as few goals as possible. With him is like with Messi, they just can not be excluded from the game. Lewandowski, next to Messi and Ronaldo, is one of the three best players in the world. Among the central attackers number one.

In the Golden Ball plebiscite, however, he was never higher than the fourth. In the last edition he finished ninth. Earlier, sixteenth.

I think it's too low. He deserves the podium. To be fully appreciated, he lacks great success with Poland at the World Cup or the European Championships.

Can he reach him in Russia?

Poland was drawn from the first basket, which shows that it belongs to the best teams in the world. Stand you on the semi-finals.

Are not you exaggerating? Germany, Spain, Brazil, France, Belgium, Argentina and probably a few more teams have better chances.

They will eliminate each other, and Poland can benefit from it. Of course, during such tournaments you must have some luck not to fall into the early stages of the championships in Germany. Another advantage of Poland over other teams will be that the championships will be played in Russia. Your supporters will have close.

And maybe you will say that he did not want to come across our team? I suspect that everyone from the first basket wanted to draw Poland or Russia.

I do not.

And what can your team do during the World Cup?

We have a difficult group with Argentina, Croatia and Iceland, to which we came from the fourth basket. This shows that he is considered to be the weakest team in the field. Leaving the group will be a miracle. You can not expect the 52nd team in the FIFA ranking to win against the top teams.

Are not you exaggerating? You have better players than Iceland.

To get out of the group, you need to overtake not just one team, but two.

Of course, but Croatia and Argentina were tough enough in the qualifying rounds, and you've probably won a difficult group - with Cameroon and Algeria.

In November, we defeated Argentina in a sparring and everyone in the country fell into euphoria. But you have to remember that rivals played without Messi. And it's like winning with Poland without Lewandowski. On the other hand, we have the youngest team at the World Cup and you can do a lot with this youth. The outsider's role suits us.

Is your team as strong as the one from the 90s? At that time Nigeria came out of the group twice in a row, defeated Spain and was a step away from eliminating Italy.

We do not have such great players as Kanu or Okocha, who then shone, but the strength of this team is the collective. Our captain Obi Mikel or Victor Moses are not the players who will decide the fate of the match themselves, like the stars from the 90s.

Are your goal now the casting position? You do not have a golkiper playing in a nice European club.

It is true. Our problem is Ikieme disease (he was diagnosed with leukemia - note ed.).

You may also be concerned about the lack of an effective attacker. Your best scorer in the eliminations was Victor Moses with just three goals. Of the players in the attack, Kelechi Iheanacho scored the most goals - two.

We really do not have an effective striker, but we have other good players like - Iwobi, Kelechi, Obi Mikel, Ighalo - they are also able to score goals.

Another problem may be the departure of the band star John Obi Mikel to China for you.

It might be a problem once, but the level has risen there. Before the championships there will be a break to bring the players to a good physical disposition.

Before you took over the representation of Nigeria, you ran the staffs of Gabon, Niger and Burkina Faso. So you like working in Africa?

I like working in Africa. I ran teams in France for many years and in each of them I had a good relationship with Africans. Then I left for Tunisia until I started leading the African team. I enjoyed it because I was doing well.

But work there is not easy in terms of organization.

It does not stand at the same level as in Europe, but it has its own charm.

Where was the hardest job for you?

In Niger, because it is a very poor country. In Burkina Faso, there were many political problems, there were assassinations.

The specificity of running teams in Africa are also politicians who interfere with the work of the coach.

Of course it happens, but the trainer can not agree to let someone else decide on the composition.

Hope Rohr is not going to make history of 'the youngest team in the world cup'?

Ok na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 7:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
daveP:
If those indiscipline can be worked d on, he will be a sure starter. But I just don't have trust in him for WC standards.

Bro is not discipline, rather he lack the basic goalkeeper skill, you cant teach a goal keeper about 30 those things.

Akpeyi problem is confidence, keeping Faith with him and one or two clean sheet will do that, he didn't bribe his way to South Africa league

Akpeyi reminds me of De gea when he came to Manchester United, so many blunders but sir Alex fergusen kept Faith with him, look at him now.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
Mujtahida:

Not taking anything from Joel ooo but this is sometimes why we talk about team chemistry. The younger guys and some of the old hands are into SM.

The younger players, Kelechi,Aina, Iwobi, Awaziem, Ndidi, Uzoho... all seem to have a very good relationship and are social media friendly.

Only Ogu and Onazi are active among the older guys. Ogu more than Onazi.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:
According to Toyin Ibitoye

Gabriel and Akpeyi might miss the Poland friendly due to visa issues..

5 players to miss the Poland friendly

Mikel (work permit issues) to join then in London
Gabriel (visa issues) to join them in London
Junior Ajayi (visa issues) to join them in London
Akpeyi (visa issues) to join them in London
Etebo (injury to join them in London)

Now we have 23 players with 2 goalkeepers inclusive.

#Soarsupereagle

Suspicious. It seems like a premeditated move.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 8:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
edi287:

Pirlo was playing. Busquets and Alonso can both dictate. Kroos did for Germany. We have Ogu. Ogu has played with Ndidi twice (once without Mikel) and did well.
Anyhow you'll understand what I'm talking about against Poland.

I mention busquet and Alonso because they are similar and still succeeded, infact that Spain team play with weird players, busquet,alonso,xavi,iniesta and fabregas were playing at same time with fabregas playing as the attacker sometimes, they are similar player

The number one rule in internation football is maximise what you have
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2018
forgiveness:

When I dey talk for here people think say I dey talk rubbish. Now, we are hearing from the horses mouth that the 90s set no dey d same level with dis set. They were better than this set but some people here wan blind eyes with mago mago sentiment. Here we are, Rohr has confirmed it. Hehehehe! grin

The second bolded is what I don dey hammer since but people here are too sentimental to see we don't have a striker in Kelechi Iheanacho and Ighalo(though I think he's).

This might not actually prove you right, Rohr is obviously reducing fans expectation and playing the under dog card.

Rohr is wise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by congo4ka: 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ekong is live on Instagram, Eze singing cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
tbaba1234:

The younger players, Kelechi,Aina, Iwobi, Awaziem, Ndidi, Uzoho... all seem to have a very good relationship and are social media friendly.

Only Ogu and Onazi are active among the older guys. Ogu more than Onazi.
Yup. So there's some credence to this team chemistry thing we harp on here. I just want Joel to play very well sha and with one single match announce his comeback with a bang and seal his place to Russia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 8:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
komekn:

You really can not make that kind of comparison you should know better.

Look at the other top players that were in the French team, Deschamp, Vieira, Thierry Thuram. Playing in the creme de La creme of Europes top clubs.

Our team does not have strength in depth in terms if top quality players.

you seem to not understand me, even with the big name in the French team they rely solely on zidane and his injury was a disaster to the team even Senegal beat them

(1) (2) (3) ... (3086) (3087) (3088) (3089) (3090) (3091) (3092) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GMBOFASIA, comodo, Psittacus(m), Philosopher1979, Christinu2 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.