Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,854 members, 7,930,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 01:04 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12321099 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3242) (3243) (3244) (3245) (3246) (3247) (3248) ... (16541) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
Loogan:

Ighalo "was" the best striker we HAD, when he was in watford! he has stagnated, with his profile he is supposed to be at his peak, he has had more than enough opportunities to prove his worth in the SE. It's obvious the coach is not satisfied because hold up play and gra gra will not win you matches goals do! He's our most experienced striker(at the very top level) but we cannot have the luxury to start an inconsistent striker based on past glory.
His best performance was agains Cameroon, we need to see that more often! The match against Poland his positioning was damn poor, people be criticizing our midfielders for lack of creativity, without considering that ighalos positioning/movement matters a lot to create space and ultimately goals, (there is no magic he can't do more than his ability, If you don't find and create space to exploit consistently, you are not a top class player) I don't recall him winning any arieal duels during the friendlies.
Love the guy but we have better.

Too be fair to Ighalo, the midfield couldn't even keep the ball long enough in that game against Poland...we just hope Ighalo hits top form b4 the world cup..that's all we can hope for now..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
that player must be Sam kalu. What a gem. Please where is Bonaventure.
AIG07:
I only foresee one new face breaking into the team pre-world cup.

But that player, I don't know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
maidaboi:
Ajagun,martins,aluko all score today i pray kayode scores to complete the circle
praise the Lord
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
Lilpacshacor:
Philip biling of Huddersfield can solve our midfielder problem and Ryan sanusi of Sparta Rotterdam in the creative role and can cover is Mikel obi is not around

Na so grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2018
ChrisKels:
Samuel Kalu is an elegant right winger. God see crosses.
I dey tell you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2018
komekn:

You call it hype, nobody is hyping him.

He is just an average player I wouldn't disagree but if he is just average what then is Musa, Nwakali, Nwakaeme, Ajayi, etc

I actually do not think he will come to the SE.

However, put him in the SE playing a more technical based ball on the deck and you will see a completely different player. Playing 40 ➕ games for Liverpool Fc is not ewah and dodo.

Most of those players you mentioned are average...plz tell him we don't need him in SE..any forward that has Suarez playing ahead of you will shine like crazy.hype is not special, I have watched him play for Bournemouth several times, extremely inconsistent player..that's why his coach benches him a lot....his finishing is damn poor, can't really give a final pass..naa to dey run around everywhere like fowl wey no get head..

At least when you mention martins, at least I know that one has a reputation but hype..that's low of low him playing for us..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
fabyom:
bro, iwobi cannot play through the middle for us , he lacks the stamina.
1) he losses ball easily. 2) he doesn't know how to mark. 3) he doesn't cover space.
It is better he plays on the wing and comes into the middle unnotice. Like say a false 9 or 8.
I'm not talking about being an attacking midfielder. I'm talking about playing as a second striker or a false striker. He possesses the traits of such player
Have you not observed that he struggles when playing out wide?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 9:20pm On Apr 01, 2018
komekn:

I have watched him several times he is tall but he does fall over very easily. I didnt want to say anything because I have only seen clips.

He is tall but not strong.

I asked why for someone who is supposed to have so much potential why has he not broken into the first team of Roma. A total of 18 career games at the age of 21 is to be honest very poor.

He is not a replacement or even contender for the no.9 in the SE. He has a long way to go.

He played a lot of games in seria B the equivalence of championship..he scored a lot of goals there for spezia or so....do you know what strong means? Sodiq is a strong player, him always falling down is due to lack of balance..most African players naturally have strength..would you say messi is strong? He has really good balance, that's why he can dribble at speed and not fall down..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
Lilpacshacor:
Philip biling of Huddersfield can solve our midfielder problem and Ryan sanusi of Sparta Rotterdam in the creative role and can cover is Mikel obi is not around
We really need an AM even if he can only deliver half of Mikel's duties
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
lexyman:

i agree with you ... but for his height ... we need his kind of height in that team , the only issue we will have is his kind of stamina grin grin grin grin the guy too dey fall ... somebody comparing him to the great Yekini ... for your info ...Yekini no dey fall any how . grin

It is balance sir not stamina..stamina is how well you can last in a game without getting tired..players like Ndidi have high stamina cos they don't get tired easily..

What Sadiq lacks is balance...any lil contact in motion brings him down..messi is the opposite if you want to understand balance..messi barely falls down at high speed, his body balance is great..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
ChrisKels:
Kayode On Target On Shakhtar Donetsk Debut

 1 April 1, 2018 7:51 pm
By James Agberebi:

Nigeria forward Olanrewaju Kayode scored on his debut for Shakhtar Donetsk in their 3-0 away win against Zorya in their Ukrainian top flight clash on Sunday.

Kayode, who came on in the 91st minute for Facundo Ferreyra, got on the score sheet in the 93rd minute to make it 3-0 for Shakhtar.

Shakhtar went 1-0 ahead thanks to Taison in the 41st minute.

And they went 2-0 in the 61st minute thanks to Ferreyra.

Kayode joined Shakhtar on loan from English Premier League runaway leaders Manchester City.

He was initially loaned to Spanish LaLiga club Girona but was left frustrated due to lack of playing time.

He played in 12 games for Girona without scoring before joining Shakhtar.

Wow! This Anger Anointing is still flowing ooooo cheesy Welcome Back Larry Kayode!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
tbaba1234:

We are Arsenal, Arsenal FC, We are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.... grin grin
in your dreams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
ChrisKels:
Samuel Kalu is an elegant right winger. God see crosses.

He is not far from the GWG Oga Chris. Give it time... Samuel Kalu is a true pearl.

And it seems the Nigerian players that come thru the GBS academy-AS Trencin route end up being good when they leave Trencin and go to Belgium (Gent and Trencin have a very good relationship when it comes to players transfer).
First it was Moses Simon, then Samuel Kalu and another one is tearing things up at AS Trencin again... Hillary Gong is his name. He is 19 and a right winger too. THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT AND ROMANTIC my man... wink

Give it time...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
Mujtahida:

Simple question: where has Iwobi been effective from in the Gwg. Wing or from the middle?
Help me ask am oo. I find it hard to believe someone can argue on this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
Mujtahida:

Simple question: where has Iwobi been effective from in the Gwg. Wing or from the middle?
Help me ask him. some people are funny
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
bengine:

It is balance sir not stamina..stamina is how well you can last in a game without getting tired..players like Ndidi have high stamina cos they don't get tired easily..

What Sadiq lacks is balance...any lil contact in motion brings him down..messi is the opposite if you want to understand balance..messi barely falls down at high speed, his body balance is great..

don't derail this thread with terms you have little knowledge about . stamina is also right in the context i have used it ....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 10:10pm On Apr 01, 2018
Samuel kalu needs to be looked into asap, dude is skillful and intelligent with the ball, and his crosses are top notch.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 10:12pm On Apr 01, 2018
markfemisgay:
I wish rohr is viewing this thread, he can learn more from the soccer analysts we have here. Happy Easter guys.
you think the coach and the crew are not viewing? cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
Rockyrascal:
you think the coach and the crew are not viewing? cheesy

Who told u they re?

YINMU grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
sontoly:
Samuel kalu needs to be looked into asap, dude is skillful and intelligent with the ball, and his crosses are top notch.
seconded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2018
elyte89:

Who told u they re?

YINMU grin grin
i muyin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
Lilpacshacor:
Isn't Sanusi a b2b type??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 10:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
bengine:

Too be fair to Ighalo, the midfield couldn't even keep the ball long enough in that game against Poland...we just hope Ighalo hits top form b4 the world cup..that's all we can hope for now..
True he didn't get deliveries against Poland, but he got a bit against Serbia.
With mikel hopefully he scores at the World Cup coz it's like the guy is jinx or something
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2018
Welcome back Kayode , as competition for the 9 role increases.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
bengine:

He played a lot of games in seria B the equivalence of championship..he scored a lot of goals there for spezia or so....do you know what strong means? Sodiq is a strong player, him always falling down is due to lack of balance..most African players naturally have strength..would you say messi is strong? He has really good balance, that's why he can dribble at speed and not fall down..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2018
lexyman:

don't derail this thread with terms you have little knowledge about . stamina is also right in the context i have used it ....

I don't understand this fuss about iwobi playing as a 10....dude is the most creative player in the super eagles after mikel...but has always play below par...save for the Zambia game...when used as a winger...

if rohr must play him as a winger...then he gonna be a super sub.
but I will prefer play him...as AM...he got the qualities...other attributes will come alive when he finally master that role.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
Naijaphobia:
Bro! Please go back and rewatch that match u laid reference to..Martins was totally played out of position by Keshi which accounted for his dismal performance and I doubt if it wasn't deliberate since he was only invited after so much outcry by fans of the super eagles.

but oliseh extend the olive branch to him...nah.
ha invited him...considering the fact he was a product of his elder brother academy...
him and Sylvester igboun...only God knows where he is now.... where given call ups...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2018
Gent: Anderlecht.... Some of the crosses by Samuel Kalu are top, top quality... Ground and air crosses. He is your old-school winger..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZsXvKVYqaI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
fabyom:
that player must be Sam kalu. What a gem. Please where is Bonaventure.
Don't rule out Martins too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
lexyman:

He's right bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2018
EEGA:
Welcome back Kayode , as competition for the 9 role increases.
Just one goal doesn't necessarily mean he's back.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
Humility017:

I don't understand this fuss about iwobi playing as a 10....dude is the most creative player in the super eagles after mikel...but has always play below par...save for the Zambia game...when used as a winger...

if rohr must play him as a winger...then he gonna be a super sub.
but I will prefer play him...as AM...he got the qualities...other attributes will come alive when he finally master that role.
I agree with you

(1) (2) (3) ... (3242) (3243) (3244) (3245) (3246) (3247) (3248) ... (16541) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bannedlargejr, Caicedo, Danielnino00(m), Jefersoun, villagereporter(m), lbrichman2, elyte89 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.