Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,477 members, 7,897,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 02:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12139030 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3299) (3300) (3301) (3302) (3303) (3304) (3305) ... (16455) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2018
elyte89:

When I say Musa is myopic,peeps here won't agree with me,somehow even said I av personal beef for him grin grin,d argies match we lost in 2014,is d only match most moniker makes reference to when dey want to defend MYOPIC MUSA,dts d only match dey can point to after almost 8years in d national team set up

As far as I am concerned, MUSA NO b player,he has never been impressive and productive to me,he lacks d basic knowledge of been a striker, asyde PACE,my guy no get anything,I don't knw y our ex and present coaches invites him for games

I kan even here say d guy snub him coach hand, grin grin,person wey dem dey manage b4, grin grin

Great.. is it that we had no better alternatives but now that we have better options we are seeing that this MUSA has not contributed to the growth of senior national team. For the past 8years absolutely nothing...i repeat nothing. Is he inclusion political? Why has every coach for the past 8 years included him? Even currently infact #dropmusaforkanu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
gamaliel9:
Please what does Ahmed Musa bring to the Nigerian team? Those two goals against The Argies,we still lost. What is unique about him. He should be replaced by Samuel Kanu,who is by far better than him and will add more depth and options to the Nigerian attack
Looks like Rohr sees him as an option at CF. I'm resigned to the guy going to WC. Onyekuru, Kalu have been better than him for 2 years now.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
elyte89:

I think we need to start a campaign here against musa going to d world cup grin grin,like d way truidstar campaigns for Dressers grin
Cc...chriskels

He should chop the bench very well. He and Simon are annoyingly crappy that I detest watching the Eagles whenever any of those headless chickens are on parade. More gametime for Bazee, an already in form Kalu and Onyekuru are my picks not those two deficient of the basics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
#DROPMUSAFORSAMUELKALU

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:25pm On Apr 10, 2018
gamaliel9:

Great.. is it that we had no better alternatives but now that we have better options we are seeing that this MUSA has not contributed to the growth of senior national team. For the past 8years absolutely nothing...i repeat nothing. Is he inclusion political? Why has every coach for the past 8 years included him? Even currently infact #dropmusaforkanu

Yea #dropmusaforkaluoranybetterplayer
Cc...chriskels,let d campaign begin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 10:31pm On Apr 10, 2018
ChrisKels:

He should chop the bench very well. He and Simon are annoyingly crappy that I detest watching the Eagles whenever any of those headless chickens are on parade. More gametime for Bazee, an already in form Kalu and Onyekuru are my picks not those two deficient of the basics.

I wont say because he is having a bad time thats why I am hearing this, but truth is I havent seen musa have a good time, he is so inconsistent and his brilliance comes ones a may be a a purple moon, musa has pace quite alright but honestly he doesnt have that football intelligence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
#DROPMUSAFORANYBETTERPLAYER grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
Lsiverpool has just showed clubs how to rape mancity.

Nobody comes to English premier league and dominate..
Leicester did it for a season with hit and run, next season they we're neutralized and sent to the middle of the league where the belong.

Chelsea did it last season with 3:4:3 which took many clubs unawares, thus season look where they are..

Man city has come with tikitaka this season and gradually they re been neutralized.. By next season, they I'll go down where they belong...

LONGLIVE CTHE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE cool

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2018
I hope Paul Le Guen's sack doesn't spell doom for our boys in Bursaspor.
I can't believe Roma knocked me Outta the Champs league. I'm so vexed dis night
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:46pm On Apr 10, 2018
mazimee:

He no get sense, person wey dem mercy for,loan am to CSKA, he come dey rob shoulder with the Coach. Dem sub Salah, Messi, Ronaldo, De bruyne and other great players, how much more a player on loan? . If he likes let him not stay humble till the of the season. I don't mind if a Samuel Kalu or Onyekuru replace am after he for don Chop bench finish.

Sone Aluko is a better choice than them because you can still play him as an AMF or SS. Even Peter Olayinka's stats is better than Samuel Kalu and Onyekuru in the Belgium Pro league before Onyekuru got injured.

However, Onyekuru is ahead because he is doing it again in his second season but not Samuel Kalu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2018
mazimee:

He no get sense, person wey dem mercy for,loan am to CSKA, he come dey rob shoulder with the Coach. Dem sub Salah, Messi, Ronaldo, De bruyne and other great players, how much more a player on loan? . If he likes let him not stay humble till the of the season. I don't mind if a Samuel Kalu or Onyekuru replace am after he for don Chop bench finish.

I just tire o. He's only 25.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
krattoss:

Leicester did it for a season with hit and run, next season they we're neutralized and sent to the middle of the league where the belong.

Chelsea did it last season with 3:4:3 which took many clubs unawares, thus season look where they are..

Man city has come with tikitaka this season and gradually they re been neutralized.. By next season, they I'll go down where they belong...

Leicester city doesnt belong to the middle , they are bottom league side , Ndidi kept them there grin grin grin if you disagree with me , watch their last weekend match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:54pm On Apr 10, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2018
CaptainStephen:
whats wrong with him this time ? disrespecting a coach on that manner is bad.

Very bad but not bad enough to get him benched "forever" players do that all the time nobody should really be happy to get subbed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Very bad but not bad enough to get him benched "forever" players do that all the time nobody should really be happy to get subbed.

I think the coach said that in the heat of the moment.. Musa just needs to apologize to the coach.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
forgiveness:

Sone Aluko is a better choice than them because you can still play him as an AMF or SS. Even Peter Olayinka's stats is better than Samuel Kalu and Onyekuru in the Belgium Pro league before Onyekuru got injured.

However, Onyekuru is ahead because he is doing it again in his second season but not Samuel Kalu.

Any loop hole,na Aluko u go mention

Even if we re to replace Rohr,u will still mention ALUKO undecided grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:24pm On Apr 10, 2018
forgiveness:

I said Barcelona were overrated by Conte. We for don beat dem for Chelsea well well before we go to their home come flog dem put. Conte messed up big time.

Klopp tactics today na baba. Guardiola sorry, gra gra no dey win ooooo. grin

Yeah menh! Those two clubs are out. grin

I agree with you. This Barcelona is very much overrated. There's something about the team that doesn't fill you with confidence.
I am still perplexed how they have managed to stay unbeaten in the La liga all season.
This Champions League is Bayern's to loose, although I'm routing for Liverpool because of the Pharaoh.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
Bolowolowo:

I just tire o. He's only 25.
grin grin

This Musa new wife no get better oil for head, since he marry her, him career just dey dance shaku shaku, the babe come be monitoring spirit again.

Chai! Ahmed, where will you run to? I k ow you run fast, but where will your okada legs take you? cry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:14am On Apr 11, 2018
Joebie:
Sadiq is better than van Persie and Suarez put together. Take it or leave it.

Very funny u don join, I Go Dye and Bovi deh crack joke, I laff eh, no be small.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:17am On Apr 11, 2018
tbaba1234:
Fikayo Tomori with an assist for Hull.. Ola Aina on the bench

Ebere Eze on the bench for QPR, Bright Osayi-Samuel starts.

Aluko starts for Reading

Just got back from the Hull match. Hope Akpan's Burton are going down to league 1 unless a miracle keeps them up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:19am On Apr 11, 2018
tbaba1234:
Tomori with 2 assists today

Still not good enough for the SE

He played RB and Ola came on to play LB very late in the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:26am On Apr 11, 2018
krattoss:

YNWA grin ...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:55am On Apr 11, 2018
tbaba1234:

I think the coach said that in the heat of the moment.. Musa just needs to apologize to the coach.

Exactly because that happens alot in football. Heat of the moment apologize to the coach and club and move on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:03am On Apr 11, 2018
Plateau United might face serious sanctions by CAF.

South African match official Victor Gomes claims that he was offered $30k to fix the #CAFCC game Plateau United vs USM Alger in favour of Plateau United, the matter has been reported to CAF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:35am On Apr 11, 2018
goldfish80:

I agree with you. This Barcelona is very much overrated. There's something about the team that doesn't fill you with confidence.
I am still perplexed how they have managed to stay unbeaten in the La liga all season.
This Champions League is Bayern's to loose, although I'm routing for Liverpool because of the Pharaoh.

I think Real Madrid too is in line for the trophy but my heart goes for Liverpool too because it's also my club, and for the sake of Salah.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:49am On Apr 11, 2018
Bad move from Musa and silly statement from the coach, the coach can easily lose his job if and when results don't go the club's way. Musa is loved by CSKA fans and might even get signed permanently with or without the coach in view. He can't keep Musa on the bench because they need him badly, hence the reason he walked into the starting 11 from the get-go.
tbaba1234:
Video of Musa refusing to shake his coach's hand and the coach telling him that he will sit on the bench forever.

https://twitter.com/Sport_BO/status/983414458943967232

He still must apologize for that silly action of his, though not peculiar to him alone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:54am On Apr 11, 2018
Ernest Veverde is a bad coach. His selection alone killed Barca + his useless sustitutions and the time he made them!
ChrisKels:
I hope Paul Le Guen's sack doesn't spell doom for our boys in Bursaspor.

I can't believe Roma knocked me Outta the Champs league. I'm so vexed dis night
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:57am On Apr 11, 2018
somehow:
Bad move from Musa and silly statement from the coach, the coach can easily lose his job if and when results don't go the club's way. Musa is loved by CSKA fans and might even get signed permanently with or without the coach in view. He can't keep Musa on the bench because they need him badly, hence the reason he walked into the starting 11 from the get-go.

Musa can be left out of the team if the coach decides... You do not go against the boss..

Did Conte not freeze Diego Costa and Mikel out?? If the coach is upset with you over an issue, he can freeze you out.. Musa's impact has not been that great so far. The team was not doing poorly without Musa.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:57am On Apr 11, 2018
Chai, this people carry their bad attitudes go CAF competition again? Trying to bribe refs just as they do in the league all the time but with threats and harrassment.
tbaba1234:
Plateau United might face serious sanctions by CAF.

South African match official Victor Gomes claims that he was offered $30k to fix the #CAFCC game Plateau United vs USM Alger in favour of Plateau United, the matter has been reported to CAF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:00am On Apr 11, 2018
Musa has outlasted players like Obafemi,Efe,etc but these guys have contributed more the short time they were there than Musa. It just dawned on me that he is all puff and huff...no stuff...even our comparative advantage-counter-attacking play- his speed has not helped the team...his speed is not integrated in team play...not effective as individual brilliance...i know he will not be dropped for Russia. But post-Russia ,we have more solid more competent more competitive eagles to take over...Its surprising that this guy s jazz is strong,to have closed our eyes all these years...what happened to us?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 8:00am On Apr 11, 2018
Yea he can be left out until results go downhill or the fans start hating he coach. All the same, Musa should apologize and everything is get back in line.
tbaba1234:

Musa can be left out of the team if the coach decides... You do not go against the boss..

Did Conte not freeze Diego Costa and Mikel out?? If the coach is upset with you over an issue, he can freeze you out.. Musa's impact has not been that great so far. The team was not doing poorly without Musa.

He's been their best player for a while now, I have been watching more of their games, we saw what he did in London. And we saw how they lost at home after his sub against Dynamo Moscow. 1:2
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:06am On Apr 11, 2018
somehow:

He's been their best player for a while now, I have been watching more of their games, we saw what he did in London. And we saw how they lost at home after his sub against Dynamo Moscow. 1:2

They were already 2:0 down before he was subbed..

The player who replaced Musa scored the only goal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3299) (3300) (3301) (3302) (3303) (3304) (3305) ... (16455) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.