Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,023 members, 7,876,842 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 08:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12009695 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3557) (3558) (3559) (3560) (3561) (3562) (3563) ... (16402) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Luckyroro(m): 9:20pm On May 17, 2018
France squad is good. Lacazzete doesn't deserve a place there. He dipped in form besides other options there save for Giroud are better of.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:22pm On May 17, 2018
Joebie:
Very fine argument. Similar criticism Rohr has been getting from some of us here. Corrupt Deschamps

Lol

Breaking news bro,Andre Gomes and Nelson semedo of Barca not in Portugal final 23 man squad,do you think they deserve to be out? Who are the players Portugal have ? Imagine Cedric soared of Southampton making the list and not semedo of Barca? Alright it's football,Bt what can you say ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:23pm On May 17, 2018
Joebie:
24 players. Waste of spaces. By now Yusuf should know the best 11 in the NPFL. That’s enough slots for the home based lads. It’s just a match.

There are many promising fringe players that should be there. At least choose the best fringe players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:24pm On May 17, 2018
Nbote:

Baba no go there ooo... Giroud isn't in d team becos he's an old timer, he's there becos he performs in their National colors. D communication between Giroud and Griezman in the French national team is telepathic. Laca's style as a striker doesn't suit d French style of play dats y he's mostly used from d wings. Laca is jus unfortunate, jus as Mauro Icardi and Paulo Dybala are. Gud players who can't get into d team becos beta players are already there. Some players can b shitty for their clubs and even b bench warmers but always turn up for their countries while others are superb for club and absolutely useless in their national colors..

Giroud is not bad,but he is not a game changer,the last euros Portugal won,an Andre Pierre gignac of Mexico league performed better than him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:25pm On May 17, 2018
tbaba1234:

Payet is injured...

Are you sure payet will make it without injury?

I see no attacking MD in the French team better than payet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:28pm On May 17, 2018
Rockyrascal:
so who now released the jersey am rocking grin

Aba!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 17, 2018
andrew444:

Smiles,I am waiting for Spain list and I want to see if morays will make the list,Spain best striker is iago aspas,but Costa will be first choice,Spain coach hinted that,Rodrigo Moreno,iago aspas and Diego Costa will go to the World Cup,but I am waiting to see how they will fix in morata,they can't hide the partiality because he was not even called for their last 2 games.

You'd be surprised. Based on this season's performance, Morata may not make it. I also wanna see of Spain will select Aduriz. He's old but he's been killing for Bilbao the past few years and has 17 goals this season throughout all competitions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:36pm On May 17, 2018
Ehen

tbaba1234:

There are many promising fringe players that should be there. At least choose the best fringe players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:36pm On May 17, 2018
EEGA:
To be scoring goals for a low table team means you do well facing good defenders.

Scoring against Newcastle as a Mancity player and scoring against Mancity as a Newcastle player is never the same.

Does it change the fact that the least club in Serie A is better than the best club in Ligue 1 as you suppose?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:38pm On May 17, 2018
Bolowolowo:

You'd be surprised. Based on this season's performance, Morata may not make it. I also wanna see of Spain will select Aduriz. He's old but he's been killing for Bilbao the past few years and has 17 goals this season throughout all competitions.

They won't select adriuz,at the age of 36 he made euro 2016 squad which is not easy,this is time for iago aspas,Costa will be first choice but aspas ans rodrigo will make the World Cup.

Adriuz only scored 9 league goals just because Bilbao had a bad season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:41pm On May 17, 2018
The conclusion of the matter is let the coach choose whoever he believes in. I’ve made the argument before that even national coaches know how they want to play, and will favor players they think can execute their winning formula. But coaches should never be agents. At the end of the day they are responsible for whatever outcome.

andrew444:

Lol

Breaking news bro,Andre Gomes and Nelson semedo of Barca not in Portugal final 23 man squad,do you think they deserve to be out? Who are the players Portugal have ? Imagine Cedric soared of Southampton making the list and not semedo of Barca? Alright it's football,Bt what can you say ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:47pm On May 17, 2018
Joebie:
The conclusion of the matter is let the coach choose whoever he believes in. I’ve made the argument before that even national coaches know how they want to play, and will favor players they think can execute their winning formula. But coaches should never be agents. At the end of the day they are responsible for whatever outcome.

Thats true but i am surprised a coach is snubbing players from barcelona for a portugal team that is very average.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:49pm On May 17, 2018
Hahaha..
let’s ask Portuguese fans. They will have an insight

andrew444:

Thats true but i am surprised a coach is snubbing players from barcelona for a portugal team that is very average.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:51pm On May 17, 2018
Joebie:

8 def
5 mid
7 fwd

Interesting
methinks our own list will be somewhat similar

If 8-5-7

Troost
Balogun
Shehu
Idowu
Awaziem
Ebuehi
Omeruo
Aina

Mikel
Ndidi
Onazi
Ogu
Etebo

Moses
Musa
Iwobi
Simon
Iheanacho
Ighalo
Simy

Might be 8-6-6

Same 8 in defense, add Joel to Midfield, Remove Simy from Forwards.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:54pm On May 17, 2018
Martz101:

there is really internal issue among the players, even after yekini scored i noticed no one went close to him.

The freekick is legit goal and i must say a good keeper like rufai gives confidence to thr team, he didn't have to do too much but you could see he was well assured

The freekick was suppose to be an indirect freekick that must touch another player before entering the net and not a direct one hence it was disallowed.

The 94 team is the most athletic team we've ever had with a very high work rate and ethic despite the internal squabbles. Every generation of SE and technical crew need to be doing case studies on this team to infuse such ethic on all our national teams. Even the 98 team didn't have this high work rate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:54pm On May 17, 2018
Joebie:
Hahaha..
let’s ask Portuguese fans. They will have an insight

Smiles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:03pm On May 17, 2018
I wouldn’t go with Aina.

7-6-7 will be great. We have versatile defenders.

J.Obi and Simmy in

safarigirl:
methinks our own list will be somewhat similar

If 8-5-7

Troost
Balogun
Shehu
Idowu
Awaziem
Ebuehi
Omeruo
Aina

Mikel
Ndidi
Onazi
Ogu
Etebo

Moses
Musa
Iwobi
Simon
Iheanacho
Ighalo
Simy

Might be 8-6-6

Same 8 in defense, add Joel to Midfield, Remove Simy from Forwards.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:03pm On May 17, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Oya review your statement and see whether it makes sense.

Hahahahahaha, na sarcasm. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 10:04pm On May 17, 2018
safarigirl:
statistics show that black women are more successful than black men in the US

There are crazy black women there, same way the black guys aired thugs, gangsters, drug dealers and all types of shady stuff. They are the ones ejaculating in these badly behaved women, so, they must not be better than them. U am speaking of those who bother to better their lives.

If US women are bad, are African women also bad? Why do African men in Europe abandon African women for white women? Their white counterparts on the other hand, do not do same.

Abeg, black men matter tire me. They hate their own and constantly disrespect them, na wetin make some of us dey find foreign husband o. At least that one will not call you ashawo because you want to better yourself

Safari, now count how many African men you know abroad. Now how many of them are married to otinbo women and how many of them are married to African women. Then give us your answer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:07pm On May 17, 2018
andrew444:
Martial Lacazatte payet and rabiot are not in the french team

French team for the world cup

Goalkeepers : Lloris, Mandanda, Areola

Defenders : Varane, Umtiti, Kimpembe, Rami, Hernandez, Mendy, Pavard, Sidibé

Midfielders : Matuidi, Kanté, Pogba, Tolisso, N'Zonzi

Forwards : Griezmann, Mbappé, Dembélé, Fekir, Lemar, Giroud, Thauvin

Standby : Ben Yedder, Coman, Costil, Zouma, Rabiot, Sakho, Martial, Debuchy.

Wow! 23 man list with no extra. Bravo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 10:09pm On May 17, 2018
Nne, anytime you see a popular guy like Alexo Iwobi dating a not too attractive babe, you gotta consider one thing: there's something the babe is good at. Been there done that, so homeboy is speaking from experience here grin

I remember dating this Chinese doll back in the day. If you look at her from the outside, you'd question why a dude like me would be going put with such babe. Girlfriend was 21 years old but looks 12! So why did I date her for over 3 year? Oh boy, babe is something else ... behind closed doors. Just her sweet moans alone would send you to Nirvana land! And when she jumps on top of you ...dang, you'd better sign your last will and testament because you'll loose total control grin

And we can also chat about the Senegalese dame I dated back in college. In her case, she wasn't exactly unattractive but she was as dark as a coal tar; hence guys tend to steer away from her. And me sef, even though I like dark skinned babes, my initial plan was to hit it and quit it (hit & run). But for where ... once I took the first dip, I kept going back. I used to call her tsunami, if you know what I mean grin
In addition, she gives the best BJ ever ... the best ever! And she swallows too, which is a big plus in my book.

O pari

safarigirl:
it concerns me that the best he can do is another white woman that looks plastic.

Why can't these men at least go for women that still look like human beings and not science experiments?

See his team mates like Leon Balogun, Bryan Idowu and Troost-Ekong, they are all dating white women, but their babes look like your everyday white girls. Their cheek bones haven't been enhanced by cosmetic surgery, neither are they walking around with surgically-enhanced duck lips. I know he's in England and as far as pretty white women go, that area is sorely lacking, but come on!......

I can never keep up with Iwobi's kind of lifestyle, so, please, I am not interested in him and I can bet you, he could never be interested in me. That one no be talk.

I just dey look am like my brother, I would smack his head if this is the best whitey he could find

See Troost babe now

Can you compare her to whatever Iwobi is following?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:12pm On May 17, 2018
Joebie:
I wouldn’t go with Aina.

7-6-7 will be great. We have versatile defenders.

J.Obi and Simmy in

I keep smiling when I c list wout echiejile included.no b say I gbadun d guy style of play

But his slot is sure.. June 4 is around d corner cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:15pm On May 17, 2018
Joebie:
Camera accessories na the koko. That’s what will aid better motion and placement. Quality of the cameras is just one aspect. Two cameras will not do much in terms of capturing different moments of the match.

Supersports used the same amount when they covered the NPFL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 10:17pm On May 17, 2018
andrew444:

All the strikers deserved to be there,if I am the coach lacazette will take giroud place because giroud was a bench warmer at Arsenal,the same lacazette bench him he joined Chelsea and managed 3 goals in 13 games still not better than lacazette,I feel for lacazette no major tournament for such a player at the age of 26.

Giroud is just there as an old timer and that's all.

The only player I am happy for is nzonzi the rest deserved so,but my lovely digne of Barca is not there but I am not surprised befause he is a bench warmer same thing goes to giroud but he is coach favorite .
sometimes it is not all about club performance.. giroud plays very well for France and like someone said earlier offers a different approach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:18pm On May 17, 2018
Icon79:
Nne, anytime you see a popular guy like Alexo Iwobi dating a not too attractive babe, you gotta consider one thing: there's something the babe is good at. Been there done that, so homeboy is speaking from experience here grin

or there's something the guy is trying to make up for
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 10:19pm On May 17, 2018
andrew444:

Thank you for reminding me,Laporte of mancity deserved to be there ahead of Benjamin pavard of Stuttgart or kimpembe of psg who is a bench warmer ,Laporte was thinking of playing for Spain because he already have a Spanish passport,the French has snubbed him for long,he even taught a move to mancity could help him but not,Laporte still got no single cap,very surprising
why do you think larport should be ahead of pavard? pavard is actually highly rated in Germany and France
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 10:20pm On May 17, 2018
Sorry, I didn't complete my thoughts before the crappy thing sent.

O pari

safarigirl:
or there's something the guy is trying to make up for
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:24pm On May 17, 2018
Icon79:
Sorry, I didn't complete my thoughts before the crappy thing sent.

O pari

don't worry, your point was noted without the elaboration
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:24pm On May 17, 2018
Joebie:
Hello Saint!! grin

Yes!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:25pm On May 17, 2018
*This World Cup is very Open*
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:29pm On May 17, 2018
Giroud was always gonna be picked ahead of Lacazette. He is their Big target man best option when France decides to adopt that approach.

There is Mbappe and Griezmann. So sadly for Lacazette, he is dropped.

My biggest shock is the absence of Adrien Rabiot.

Even Layvin Kurzawa at LB is a shock omission. Lucas Hernandez of Atletico made it shaa... he can play both CB and LB.

Anyway, good to see Matuidi... wink I pray we meet France in the round of 16 if or when we do qualify from our group. It's payback time. grin

tbaba1234:
France 23..

No Lacazette for France but they have Giroud??

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 10:31pm On May 17, 2018
AS Roma famzing us grin grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3557) (3558) (3559) (3560) (3561) (3562) (3563) ... (16402) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), elyte89, Setaleonoz(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.