Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,793 members, 7,893,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 12:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12095307 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3643) (3644) (3645) (3646) (3647) (3648) (3649) ... (16443) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:17pm On May 23, 2018
Usman Mohammed, of Rio 2016 fame, on his wonder goal vs Atletico

“My goal is a message (for Super Eagles coach Gernot to call me up), every day I am pushing to play for Super Eagles,” said the 24-year-old Sarpsborg 08 ace, who incidentally was observing the Muslim fasting during the game.

“I’m so excited to be back with the national team.

“I will always be available for my country.” He told SCORENigeria his self-belief was behind his brilliant solo goal.

“It was my self-belief,” he explained.

“One of my coaches always told me not to be in a hurry when I’m with the ball inside the box.

“I have scored goals like this even in Europe and I was so confident I could do it again.”

Source: ScoreNigeria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:22pm On May 23, 2018
Don't mind them. They told us that Pep was winning with Barcelona because La Liga was a two team league; forgetting that if either one of Athletico Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, or Villareal were in the EPL, they would be competing for the title every year.. Funny enough, Pep just turned the EPL into a one team leagu grin

Anyway, the good news is, those who understand the game actually know better. Take for instance, when Jurgen Klopp wanted to "bond with his Liverpool team" (aka show them how to play the game the right way), he took them to Spain to Watch FC Barcelona! Tells you everything you need to know.

O pari

andrew444:

Na only this season him remember him no remember the past few seasons,he has also forgotten that laliga was the first league to provide 5 teams in the uefa champions league.

When sevilla won europa league 3 times in a roll,tottenham and westham was there o even liverpool.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:24pm On May 23, 2018
Eagles debutant Chinedu Ajanah reveals what Fernando Torres told him

Chinedu Ajanah (extreme right) after the match against Atletico Madrid

Katsina United central defender Chinedu Ajanah has told ScoreNigeria.com.ng he will forever cherish the words of encouragement he got from the legendary Atletico Madrid star Fernando Torres.
Ajanah made his international debut against Torres for the Super Eagles ‘B’ team in the friendly against Atletico Madrid on Tuesday night in Uyo which ended 3-2 in favour of the top Spanish club.
“He encouraged me to keep it up, he told me I am young, talented and I have a promising career ahead of me.” Ajanah told ScoreNigeria.com.ng
“I am excited to have played against a player like Fernando Torres because I have been watching him since I was kid.
“I never knew I will ever play against him on the same pitch, talk less of marking him in a game.
“It was an honour to play against such a fantastic player.”

**By Olusola Alao

Source: http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/05/23/eagles-debutant-chinedu-ajanah-reveals-what-fernando-torres-told-him/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 22 days 35 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:27pm On May 23, 2018
Truly I wasn’t quoting u to come at u. I was just making sure I was well understood. Really I want people to read that post and start to ask themselves questions. I wasnt trying to score points. I have nothing against her.

That baby is pale looking grin
TheSuperNerd:

I know Safari was kidding when I saw her initial posts on this complexion thing. Then when I also saw yours, I also took it as just light banter... Didn't even finish reading all... So I took you both as kidding and just having small light talk. So me no even Carry anything for mind when giving Safari my thoughts. Anyway, that's by the way....

So uhmmm...

Wow... Really? You are lighter than him below? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:29pm On May 23, 2018
No wonder u were loosing concentration anyhow grin
TheSuperNerd:
Eagles debutant Chinedu Ajanah reveals what Fernando Torres told him

Katsina United central defender Chinedu Ajanah has told ScoreNigeria.com.ng he will forever cherish the words of encouragement he got from the legendary Atletico Madrid star Fernando Torres.
Ajanah made his international debut against Torres for the Super Eagles ‘B’ team in the friendly against Atletico Madrid on Tuesday night in Uyo which ended 3-2 in favour of the top Spanish club.
“He encouraged me to keep it up, he told me I am young, talented and I have a promising career ahead of me.” Ajanah told ScoreNigeria.com.ng
“I am excited to have played against a player like Fernando Torres because I have been watching him since I was kid.
“I never knew I will ever play against him on the same pitch, talk less of marking him in a game.
“It was an honour to play against such a fantastic player.”

**By Olusola Alao

Source: http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/05/23/eagles-debutant-chinedu-ajanah-reveals-what-fernando-torres-told-him/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 22 days 35 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:31pm On May 23, 2018
Haha @the bolded grin grin

This dude, you're a real clown! I like reading your posts sha. You do provide a good comic relief o, jare.

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

I know Safari was kidding when I saw her initial posts on this complexion thing. Then when I also saw yours, I also took it as just light banter... Didn't even finish reading all... So I took you both as kidding and just having small light talk. So me no even Carry anything for mind when giving Safari my thoughts. Anyway, that's by the way....

So uhmmm...

Wow... Really? You are lighter than him below?
cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:31pm On May 23, 2018
Ehen Usman!

Na for training for Europe u score that kind goal? I no know before o. Weh done!!!

TheSuperNerd:
Usman Mohammed, of Rio 2016 fame, on his wonder goal vs Atletico

“My goal is a message (for Super Eagles coach Gernot to call me up), every day I am pushing to play for Super Eagles,” said the 24-year-old Sarpsborg 08 ace, who incidentally was observing the Muslim fasting during the game.

“I’m so excited to be back with the national team.

“I will always be available for my country.” He told SCORENigeria his self-belief was behind his brilliant solo goal.

“It was my self-belief,” he explained.

“One of my coaches always told me not to be in a hurry when I’m with the ball inside the box.

“I have scored goals like this even in Europe and I was so confident I could do it again.”

Source: ScoreNigeria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:33pm On May 23, 2018
Bros, help me ask him o. I have been searching youtube to see where he scored the kinda goal he was talking grin

O pari

Joebie:
Ehen Usman!

Na for training for Europe u score that kind goal? I no know before o. Weh done!!!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:36pm On May 23, 2018
Lol the guy like short cut sha. If I be Rohr I go tell am, “keep working hard”

Icon79:
Bros, help me ask him o. I have been searching youtube to see where he scored the kinda goal he was talking grin

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:38pm On May 23, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Loolll... but shaa ooo it is not so obvious as the other one you rolled out...

Emery - Emirates na hit!!! cheesy You did well spotting that one... hahahahahahahahaha...

Arsene - Arsenal (this one dey popular).

Arsenal and Iwobi have finally gotten Thor's rogue brother, Loki to be the new manager. grin

Not simply coincidental that the names of the best candidates rhymed with arsenal and Emirates. who rhymed with gunners?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by raumdeuter: 3:42pm On May 23, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

bruv the peak of his career came at Bolton ffs.

compare JayJay to his mates like Finidi, Kanu, Oliseh, Ikpeba etc and you'll notice that he never even played at clubs at the same level these guys at their peak.

I totally agree that Okocha was a local champion

I can name 7 Nigerian footballers and Okocha wont make it Impact on European football

1 King KANU NWANKWO

2 Finidi

3. Oliseh

4. Taribo

5. Amuneke

6. Ikpeba

7. Mikel

8. Babayaro

9. Amokachi

10. OKOCHA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:42pm On May 23, 2018

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:42pm On May 23, 2018
mank1234:

@first bolded: It's possible the fault is yours then. Probably, you need to improve on expressing your views succinctly and in as few words as possible.

@second bolded: I apologise on everyone's behalf.
I express my views better than most. That is not what I meant

I meant that in the sense that I am impossible to figure out, so if you gather 1,000 posts from me, you still won't be able to figure out where I stand.

It's fine.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:43pm On May 23, 2018
Icon79:
Don't mind them. They told us that Pep was winning with Barcelona because La Liga was a two team league; forgetting that if either one of Athletico Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, or Villareal were in the EPL, they would be competing for the title every year.. Funny enough, Pep just turned the EPL into a one team leagu grin

Anyway, the good news is, those who understand the game actually know better. Take for instance, when Jurgen Klopp wanted to "bond with his Liverpool team" (aka show them how to play the game the right way), he took them to Spain to Watch FC Barcelona! Tells you everything you need to know.

O pari

Smiles please kindly remind me of the game klopp and his boys came to watch Barca at camp nou,I have forgotten
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:44pm On May 23, 2018
Iwobi papa no dey sleep sef.. grin

tbaba1234:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 3:47pm On May 23, 2018
tbaba1234:
y idowu never come self,nah tomorrow be last day for all player to be in camp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 3:48pm On May 23, 2018
Simy Nwankwo and Balogun are now in the camp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:52pm On May 23, 2018
Camp update as at One hour ago...

#2018FIFAWorldCup.
In: Ezenwa, Akpeyi, Uzoho, Ajiboye, Ekong, Aina, Echiejile, Ebuehi, Eze, Lokosa, Onazi, Omeruo, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Iwobi, Awaziem, Etebo, Idowu, Joel Obi, Agu, Balogun, Simy Nwankwo, Ighalo, Agbo, Simon.
#SoarSuperEagles.

25 in, remaining Five including the captain, Odogwu himself. wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:53pm On May 23, 2018
Idowu is already in camp.

Alfryd:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:53pm On May 23, 2018
Alfryd:

He is in camp now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:53pm On May 23, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Sir Oasis007 talk am yesterday. He was sooooooo spot on. Then Chief and I come affirm am. Well done Oasis007. Keen observation wink And I think this partly explains his choice of players.... if not he for dey call Okpotu again. lol.

Salisu Yusuf says he has begun building new U23s

Coach Salisu Yusuf has disclosed he has already begun building a new Nigeria U23 team with Tuesday night’s friendly between the Super Eagles ‘B’ team and Atletico Madrid.

Several of the players who lined up for the Eagles B team like Ebube Duru, Samad Kadiri, Alhassan Ibrahim, Ikouwem Udoh, Chinedu Ajanah and Kelechi Nwakali are under 23.

“The work to build a new U23 team has already begun and that was why a good number of the players were within that age bracket,” said Salisu Yusuf, who is also an assistant to Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr and as well in charge of the CHAN Eagles.

“We will continue to build on the team as the opportunity comes.”

Salisu Yusuf’s assistant Imama Amapakabo said even though the second-string Eagles team lost 3-2 to a decent Atletico Madrid side, they have gained confidence with what they showed against one of the best clubs in Europe.

“The young boys have gained confidence,” he told SCORENigeria
“We have promising players and with what they showed (vs Atletico), the future is bright.
“It was an exciting game, the spectators got their money’s worth.”

By Kola Daniel in Uyo

Source: http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/05/23/salisu-yusuf-says-he-has-begun-building-new-u23s/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 22 days 46 mins to go

Way to go sir!

More friendlies for the team.But this time strictly for players who would be eligible for the next Olympics.

We need to involve all top Nigerian players both local and foreign.

That team can win the Olympics if Iwobi, Iheanacho and Ndidi would be available as the 3 overaged players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by poseidonsaiz(m): 3:54pm On May 23, 2018
andrew444:

Thank you bros, the boy will get better he is still young,but someone want him to score like a striker ? While some striker they claim is good enough has 4 goals all season

lol, that's funny..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:55pm On May 23, 2018
Icon4s:

Way to go sir!

More friendlies for the team.But this time strictly for players who would be eligible for the next Olympics.

We need to involve all Nigerian players both local and foreign.

That team can win the Olympics if Iwobi, Iheanacho and Ndidi would be available as the 3 overaged players.

Olympics is tricky. Clubs will refuse to release your best players unless you are Brazil.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:57pm On May 23, 2018
tbaba1234:

Olympics is tricky. Clubs will refuse to release your best players unless you are Brazil.

No wahala. We just keep the team and organize friendlies and from that pool select players for the Super Eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:00pm On May 23, 2018
Latecomers register

Mikel Obi
Victor Moses
Shehu
Musa
John Ogu

Shehu and Musa have been in Nigeria since, they really should not be late.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 4:01pm On May 23, 2018
tbaba1234:
how crowded will our team be with all there father in our training ground??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 23, 2018
This one John ogu marriage is in shambles, make the thing no affect am for our matches oooo..
And he never show for camp yet sef..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Betdey: 4:01pm On May 23, 2018
�� Congratulations to our winner!!! N100 to win N3,391,823.. ��

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 4:03pm On May 23, 2018
idowu Don arrived make it 27 in camp of the super eagle, still waiting for Mikel obi,shehu,v.Moses
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:03pm On May 23, 2018
Martz101:

how crowded will our team be with all there father in our training ground??

It is open training so they will be on the sidelines.

Ebuehi's father
Aina's Father
Iwobi's father

All in Uyo.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:04pm On May 23, 2018
krattoss:
This one John ogu marriage is in shambles, make the thing no affect am for our matches oooo..
And he never show for camp yet sef..

The marriage talk is old. They have not been together for a while.

He played his club's last match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 4:04pm On May 23, 2018
Joebie:
Iwobi papa no dey sleep sef.. grin
oh you self don they see am

(1) (2) (3) ... (3643) (3644) (3645) (3646) (3647) (3648) (3649) ... (16443) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lovewins, Abusule007 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.