Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,792 members, 7,893,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12095201 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3668) (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) ... (16443) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:57pm On May 24, 2018
komekn:

Ukraine league is rated No. 7 in Europe I wouldn't call it backwater.

Then add to it Shatter Donetsk a club with true European champions league pedigree.

He has actually made upward progression. Then to be winning MOTM awards in that league as well. He has performed much better than many who have been invited. He clearly deserves a call up. Add to that he is versatile can play on the wings with good pace.

I really do not see any rational reason why he shouldn't have been invited players in a few friendlies to have a good look at what he can offer.

Spot on. In addition, Shahkter Donestsk is the 14th highest ranking club in the world. What is the difference btw 7 and 8? grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:59pm On May 24, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Nnaa, stop defending that akpuda! Victor Moses is not a world class player and his shortcomings should not be tolerated. Is it because Onyekuru is injured ? Onyekuru and Simon can play everything VicMo has to play and still be as wasteful as him.

Hahaha..

I understand your point but for Nigeria, Moses is very important and plays with more freedom than at Chelsea. The decision to rest him came from Rohr.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:00pm On May 24, 2018
Joebie:
Ndidi Still Undergoing Special Training, Brighton Newbie Balogun & Joel Obi Looking Sharp
Published: May 24, 2018

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Leicester City star Wilfred Ndidi is on the road to full recovery and is expected to resume full training with the national team in the coming days.

The defensive midfielder jogged with the Super Eagles players at the start of Thursday morning's training session at
Godswill Akpabio International Stadium.

Ndidi was with the team for about ten minutes before he went on special training, he did some stretching exercises and ran on the sidelines but did not take part in the eleven-a-side practice game.

There are no more question marks surrounding the fitness of Torino midfielder Joel Obi and Brighton & Hove newbie Leon Balogun as both players participated in full training and looked sharp.

Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa and Bursaspor defender Abdullahi Shehu who reported for international duty on Wednesday have not been named in the stating line-up for the ongoing practice game.

Whilst Dele Ajiboye and Daniel Akpeyi were training with the goalkeeper coaches, Francis Uzoho and Ikechukwu Ezenwa were in goal for the practice match.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

--ANS

Good one for Joel Obi and I hope Ndidi is fit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 10:01pm On May 24, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Nnaa, stop defending that akpuda! Victor Moses is not a world class player and his shortcomings should not be tolerated. Is it because Onyekuru is injured ? Onyekuru and Simon can play everything VicMo has to play and still be as wasteful as him.

The way some people treat this guy like messi, i wonder oo. Mosses is an average player like anyone else in that team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:01pm On May 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Rohr Takes A Leaf Out Of World Cup-Winning Manager's Book: Eagles Wear GPS Trackers

European football tactician Gernot Rohr has taken a leaf out of Joachim Low's book, with the national team players wearing GPS trackers before the start of the training session. (see photo)

That small device was instrumental to the success of Germany winning the 2014 World Cup, Low decided to introduce Mario Gotze, who netted the winning goal, as a substitute over other options based on GPS data.

The GPS data will measure how the Super Eagles players perform in training games, the number of changes in direction, cardiac frequency variable that is monitoring of their heartbeats.

Rohr will be able to compare the players in camp and the information will assist him to know a player's level while with the national team.

As at the time this report, the players were taking part in a shooting practice before the start of the practice game.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

SOURCE: ANS

That's a good one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:02pm On May 24, 2018
forgiveness:

This is an undiluted thruth. However, in addition, there is selective selection trending.
not surprised to anyone....you both reason alike..... wrong all the time.

just take a look at that one comment spilling trash that nwakali is using the super eagles boast his career...that he has no business in the SE.

only a thoroughly blind fellow will playdown nwakali display against Athletico.....
had it been he has a European passport he would have been in England still and not in netherland same with.... taiwo and Henry and also kayode...
our boys are deprived because of their background and not because they lack the talent....
so nwakali invitation and display yesterday shows that he merit the call up.... moreover he was called up obviously because of salisu quest to build a formidable under 23 team for next Olympic mudial...

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 10:04pm On May 24, 2018
If am rohr mosses will be starting from bench cos he will break the team spirit, it was obvious that the game against Poland he was playing a one man game, we should all say the truth here.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 10:06pm On May 24, 2018
OMANBALA1:

If I were the coach, he wouldn't make my final list. It's errant nonsense. It's attitude like this from Okocha and co that made us miss 2006 world cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:07pm On May 24, 2018
lol when dem start to accuse u say because na ur person u dey support am, u go understand.. that's why i said just use the name we are familiar with, or say it the way we all say it.. gat it? wink

OMANBALA1:

Until this post I didnt understand what Joebie was driving at...smh

@ Joebie , I dont roll like that. I cant never root for an unqualified candidate just because he is my own person. Is it not what is holding Nigeria from progress ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 10:08pm On May 24, 2018
realpoacher:

Hahaha hahaha grin grin grin grin Make una See Akpeyi dey jittery even for training o,!!

Common training Akpeyi dey shake like vegetable leaf...... SMH angry angry

Let somebody that know somebody that know Rohr tell him that i don't want to see Akpeyi 1000ft close to the 23 man list.

If not, what happened in 1966 will repeat itself here o!.... How can a keeper be this Lilly livered?? undecided

See him head like who wan catch chicken angry
I keep asking myself why this guy is always jittery like this? I mean you can see fear all over his body. Something that you do everyday, if u was Rohr, this guy will never be in my team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:09pm On May 24, 2018
For how long will the NFF and super eagles coaches keep tolerating this nonsense from Moses? Agreed he is an important member of the team but he isn't irreplaceable.. it was evident against Zambia in Ndola and Argentina that we can play well without him..
He wasn't the only one that played in the FA cup on Saturday.. most of his teammates are already in their national team WC camp..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:14pm On May 24, 2018
I beg u for the second time.. drop this Kayode matter.. the last time I checked, he's not been added to the 30-man list
Cheer the team!!!

forgiveness:

Spot on. In addition, Shahkter Donestsk is the 14 the highest ranking clubs in the world. What is the difference btw 7 and 8? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:14pm On May 24, 2018
Martz101:

you should no better

His playing in the Eerste Division because his principal club sent him out there

on scoring goals, that's not really how to judge game play, his progressing and will get there.

I don't understand your argument, he was not called up by Rohr but I'm very sure in the near future he will be there.

We didn't get this kind of explanation during Awoniyi's spell in the Bundusliga second division.

What we were outrightly told by the two faced double standard fellows was that Awoniyi flopped then because he is not good enough. These fellows stretched it so tey, they claimed he was fortunate to be in the under 17 world cup else he doesn't deserve to be there because he doesn't posses any talent. But suddenly changed mouth in regards to Nwakali siting special talent. grin

How were dey judging then and why is it different now? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:16pm On May 24, 2018
Derik Osede has been released by Bolton Wanderers
Modified
Chinedu Obasi as well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 10:19pm On May 24, 2018
Joebie:
Derik Osede has been released by Bolton Wanderers
Modified
Chinedu Obasi as well

Derik Osede....Real Madrid released him....Bolton released him.....this one they are releasing him...is he sperm? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:20pm On May 24, 2018
asha80:
like i said if only you know his former moniker and history.. Guy make we just face front

U no get yarns Mr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:23pm On May 24, 2018
Don't worry.. Rohr had said Victor Moses is our joker, and that can mean a couple things.. Of course, he can start from the bench. But he would definitely be in Russia.

sontoly:
If am rohr mosses will be starting from bench cos he will break the team spirit, it was obvious that the game against Poland he was playing a one man game, we should all say the truth here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 10:25pm On May 24, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Victor Moses has no excuse to be skipping training with our team. His mates at Chelsea's are currently training with their respective countries!!!

See Giroud and Kante.Moses is so undisciplined!!!

The bolded is the key word . Moses has been exhibiting this attitude even when there was no FA Cup final in the picture that he could have played . If not for picture evidence of his team mates from Chelsea training with their respective countries, some of us will find no fault in justifying what he is doing.

He did this in the last friendly with Poland and Serbia. Chelsea played a match on Sunday with Leicester City, the Next day, Iheanacho and Ndidi made themselves available in the camp.But Moses made sure he was the last player to arrive at the camp. Moses has a serious attitude problem that he only exhibit when he is on international duty. At Chelsea he stays humble, but in Nigeria he acts like the team revolves around him.

Seriously, it is becoming too much. Do you think that Nigeria Football fans are not seeing this attitude of his? Ofcourse, most people are annoyed with him and this is breeding comtempt . Go to Brilla Facebook page and See their reaction when it was first reported that he was yet to arrive at the camp.

In the long run, If his attitude is not curtailed now, it will affect the dressing room and bring disconnection between the players and jeopardized the team connection/spirit that they worked hard to build.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:33pm On May 24, 2018
My unreserved apologies to Mr Joebie. No vex bro I misunderstood u. I take back that first line of that post. It was really uncalled for.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:34pm On May 24, 2018
chrisooblog:
lol without using google i dare you to name 5 other clubs apart from dynamo kiev in the ukrainian league and you say it's not a backwater

CSKA moscow sef get true european pedigree na

don't exaggerate he has started well in ukraine time will tell how good he will turn out but i wish him the best

it's your prerogative to question his non inclusion but he has not been pulling up trees to justify his callup 3 goals in 21 games is not super striker form

Shahktar and Dynamo are rated above CSKA Moscow.

In the top 5 leagues in the world two or one team are dominate in their respective leagues though EPL is an exception.

In Girona, he played as a SS. in Shahktar, 3 goals and 1 or 2 assists in 6 matches as a ST mostly. MOTM and Player of the month, his what he has been rewarded with in just a month. Judge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 10:34pm On May 24, 2018
sontoly:

I remember him taking almost all the free-kicks, bullied Iheanacho. He will be more effective if he plays with the team. Football is all about team work.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 10:36pm On May 24, 2018
ChrisKels:

U no get yarns Mr
k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:36pm On May 24, 2018
it's okay my bro.. No hard feelings at all

ChrisKels:
My unreserved apologies to Mr Joebie. No vex bro I misunderstood u. I take back that first line of that post. It was really uncalled for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:37pm On May 24, 2018
hahahah @ bolded .. reminds me of boarding house

mazimee:

I remember him taking almost all the free-kicks, bullied Iheanacho. He will be more effective if he plays with the team. Football is all about team work.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 10:40pm On May 24, 2018
TheLoneCitizen:

Strikers are not all about goals. According to pundits Firmino is the league's most complete PLAYER, yet he is not among the 5 highest league scorers.

In addition, the only reason Zidane will not have to play Benzema tomorrow is because of fan pressure, yet he has a poor goal return. Football is beyond the back of the net, brother.
WC is not club football.

Average teams like us need strikers who will always score when they get the chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 10:45pm On May 24, 2018
Y’all wey wan murd Vic Moses, see rashford o. Nigerians can to make unnecessary noise ehn

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:46pm On May 24, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Victor Moses has no excuse to be skipping training with our team. His mates at Chelsea's are currently training with their respective countries!!!

See Giroud and Kante. Moses is so undisciplined!!!

God knows I can't wait to see those younger stars push this guy out of the SE.

I so much hate his attitude towards this team, dude ought to be a role model to the younger ones, morally, but look what he dishes out.

He is important to the team, no doubt, but, he's in no way indispensable. Person like Keshi for dun troway am since as d boy is a bad influence

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:51pm On May 24, 2018
sontoly:

The way some people treat this guy like messi, i wonder oo. Mosses is an average player like anyone else in that team.

Bang average oo. He isn't in the class of the Salahs and Manes of this world yet he's seeing himself as a demigod while the real men(Salah and Mane) are humble lads.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 10:53pm On May 24, 2018
Toylove:
Y’all wey wan murd Vic Moses, see rashford o. Nigerians can to make unnecessary noise ehn

So, This is the first time this issue was raised as it ralates to Moses?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:54pm On May 24, 2018
Farzat:

Is any one still doubting that this guy is the same Forgiveness?

grin I am honored. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:54pm On May 24, 2018
Now i have been justified for calling out Moses, that guy just likes to be troublesome.
Bolowolowo:

See Giroud and Kante. Moses is so undisciplined!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:00pm On May 24, 2018
chrisooblog:
4 league goals is still not impressive egbon that's the honest truth. even for simy 7 goals is not good enough but in his case he has been rewarded for consistent good form over the past few weeks. unfortunately no striker of nigerian origin has hit double digits so we have to settle for what is available.

i confused ogbeche's 2001/2002 stat for the 2002/2003 season so i was wrong when i said he scored 1 league goal prior to the world cup.

like i told you earlier i had no qualms with onigbinde taking bartholomew to the world cup as a promising talent but on the fact of his numbers sorry not good enough

Good you admit you were wrong. However, the fact still remains that there is no difference btw Ogbeche's performance then and Simy's performance then but the two faced double standard fellows criticized the inclusion of the former but defended and applauded the later. Why?

That's my point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3668) (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) ... (16443) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.