Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,947 members, 7,879,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:27 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3914) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12025244 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3911) (3912) (3913) (3914) (3915) (3916) (3917) ... (16407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
mind ya business

Chill out... grin

I didn't know that upset you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:09pm On Jun 04, 2018
safarigirl:
if Aina were naija born, he would not have made the 30-man list and not a whisper would have been heard
Aina come do dance than play football. He should get serious. He doesn't merit the hoopla created on this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2018
Icon4s:

My brother I just tire. They say Joel and Echiejile's selection were based on sentiments. Now, they have forgotten the meaning of the word sentiment as they are crying for Aina.

Every foreign born that gets invited cannot make the team.

Aina is a young talented player and has a bright future ahead if he continues working hard.

Even post-Russia he will need to compete with our available Wing back options before he can command a starting place.
Even that future is not guaranteed. Lots of young talents waiting to grab their opportunities. You don forget Nwakaeme?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
denniece1:

I wonder how they practice defending set piece
Exactly. Maybe that's why they suck at defending set pieces cos theirs is flat but that of our opponents carries swing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2018
Icon4s:

The England defeat must have humbled them.

No twitting, no Instagraming, no facebooking etc.

Time for close camping and full concentration.

Hahaha
Left to me they should not even play that Czech match. By the way why did they even come to Nigeria. Their travelling schedule has been hectic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:15pm On Jun 04, 2018
My favourite midfield combo is Mikel, Ndidi and Ogu...Ogu is very calm and intelligent but the guy head big nobi small grin grin

My starting 11 against Czeck republic.

Uzoho
Ekong
Omeruo
Awaziem
Ogu
Ndidi
Mikel
Iwobi
Moses
Iheanacho
Nwankwo

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2018
OMANBALA1:
My favourite midfield combo is Mikel, Ndidi and Ogu...Ogu is very calm and intelligent but the guy head big nobi small grin grin

Uzoho
Ekong
Omeruo
Awaziem
Ogu
Ndidi
Mikel
Iwobi
Moses
Iheanacho
Nwankwo
Ogu brings a passive Feminine kind of energy that calms and stabilises the team. He's like a glue. Go watch our match against Argentina. Even when we were on the back foot, the whole team was calm. Joel Obi has negative erratic energy. Destabilizes the team. He's like a transformer that needs a step down if not na so bulbs and appliances go dey blow pow pow. Ask Balogun. Joel Obi off something inside Balogun brain with him gri gri.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Naijaphobia(m): 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
Thank God Almighty.... Halleluyah this line-up is not coming from Rohr. Many here are just hell bent on giving us heart attack. Awazim/Omerua in place of Balogun and also No LWB and RWB if this team adopts 3-4-3 formation. BTW I can't even place your line up using 4-4-2 except we want to play 3-5-2.Remember Ogu is a DM and never a dependable LB cos he has not been well tested..Oga oh!

OMANBALA1:

Uzoho
Ekong
Omeruo
Awaziem
Ogu
Ndidi
Mikel
Iwobi
Moses
Iheanacho
Nwankwo

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:27pm On Jun 04, 2018
Luckyroro:
I saw a video of John Ogu suffering a panic attack on board a flight to Austria yesterday. That video was inappropriate to say the least because I didn't see any humour in it rather I saw something capable of straining his relationship with those who were recording it. Our players seem to be getting it all wrong with their social media presence and display. I feel social media does more harm than good in football. Little wonder most countries have placed their players on regulations. A situation whereby a player Visits the Internet for his assessment when there are trolls who derive joy in running your confidence down is very bad. I remember Mikel had to delete his Twitter account after his back pass led to Chelsea defeat by Juventus sometime in 2013. These players need to take it easy. They are not show businessmen.
you are making a fuss over nothing.

John Ogu has a phobia for flying and the guys make fun of him every time they fly, it's been on since they all started flying together, I saw the videos early last year, and all of them laugh about it.

I actually think that many of us here take things far too seriously. It may not be funny to you, but it is funny to them and even him (once he gets off the plane).... It is a Nigerian thing to make fun of people, especially among guys. No be say dem go come dey form support group on top the matter, he's not suffering from PTSD

And @icon4s, sir, the boys are very much still in gyration mood. I watched a video this evening of Kelechi and Awaziem singing their usual Igbo songs, and oga Ndidi was the cameraman. Which defeat wan humble them? Nothing fit worse pass the one wey dem collect from SA last year.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:30pm On Jun 04, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Uzoho
Ekong
Omeruo
Awaziem
Ogu

Ndidi
Mikel
Iwobi
Moses
Iheanacho
Nwankwo
lol....please, what is going on here? Line-up looks as confused as Joel Obi grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Luckyroro(m): 11:30pm On Jun 04, 2018
safarigirl:
you are making a fuss over nothing.

John Ogu has a phobia for flying and the guys make fun of him every time they fly, it's been on since they all started flying together, I saw the videos early last year, and all of them laugh about it.

I actually think that many of us here take things far too seriously. It may not be funny to you, but it is funny to them and even him (once he gets off the plane).... It is a Nigerian thing to make fun of people, especially among guys. No be say dem go come dey form support group on top the matter, he's not suffering from PTSD

And @icon4s, sir, the boys are very much still in gyration mood. I watched a video this evening of Kelechi and Awaziem singing their usual Igbo songs, and oga Ndidi was the cameraman. Which defeat wan humble them? Nothing fit worse pass the one wey dem collect from SA last year.
I am against Social media madness on the part of our players. How many times do you see Messi or Ototo C. Post like that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 11:32pm On Jun 04, 2018
tbaba1234:

No one is saying, Onazi is better but he is not a bad player.

That was before before. Now his age has caught up with him. Even the game you are talking he shined only because we played a tactically deficient African team.

There is no way in hell, that Onazi will play better than Ndidi. What you saw is what we have been complaining about for close to a year now. When ever Onazi plays, Ndidi defers authority of the backfield to him, he runs around so much, tries tackle but we know Ndidi is just better than him. An Ndidi - Ogu combination is our most powerful combo.

And did Onazi really say people are playing Messi expecting others to defend or that was a comment by someone on here ?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
Mujtahida:

Ogu brings a passive Feminine kind of energy that calms and stabilises the team. He's like a glue. Go watch our match against Argentina. Even when we were on the back foot, the whole team was calm. Joel Obi has negative erratic energy. Destabilizes the team. He's like a transformer that needs a step down if not na so bulbs and appliances go dey blow pow pow. Ask Balogun. Joel Obi off something inside Balogun brain with him gri gri.

Joel Obi was trying to give a 100% when his body was saying NO, he is not sharp/inform as opposed to being fit. Fitness precedes form. A player can be fit as a fiddle yet out of form. Form has to do with your brain and body getting in tune with the rhythm of the game.

When Joel's mind synchronizes with the tune of the game you will see a monster.

Ogu is calm but he can be a little sluggish but I guess he makes up for that with his positioning. The man is hardly out of position....very smart

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:39pm On Jun 04, 2018
Luckyroro:
I am against Social media madness on the part of our players. How many times do you see Messi or Ototo C. Post like that?
Messi and Ororo C are closer to 30 than 20, it is totally wrong to join those old men and these small boys together. Compare Messi and Ororo to Mikel and Musa or Onazi, how many times do those guys post on social media?

BTW, CR7 is almost a shareholder on IG, so make we no even use that one as example.

Social media presence also depends on personality. Eg. Iwobi is a social media wh-ore, Kelechi is not.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:40pm On Jun 04, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Joel Obi was trying to give a 100% when his body was saying NO, he is not sharp/inform as opposed to being fit. Fitness precedes form. A player can be fit as a fiddle yet out of form. Form has to do with your brain and body getting in tune with the rhythm of the game.

When Joel's mind synchronizes with the tune of the game you will see a monster.

Ogu is calm but he can be a little sluggish but I guess he makes up for that with his positioning. The man is hardly out of position....very smart

akwukwo grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:42pm On Jun 04, 2018
safarigirl:
lol....please, what is going on here? Line-up looks as confused as Joel Obi grin

I will place Omeruo in the RB, Ogu LB, Awaziem LWB, Moses RWB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
safarigirl:
akwukwo grin

Nne, ife ana eme adiro easy... grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2018
By the way, Idowu look soft in the eye.... Take a look at Ebuehi , he looks like he can break bottle untop person head
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Naijaphobia(m): 11:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
Guys! Pls someone should ensure Rohr does not have access to Super Eagles topic on nairaland else he gets drowned in confusion before the start of WC. Some line-ups here would even be rejected by match commissioners...Anyway, its important to note that most are qualified coach Akpos..

Me too will drop my line up:

Uzoho.

Omerua. Ekong. Balogun

Ebuehi. Ndidi. Mikel. Idowu

Iwobi.

Moses.

Ighalo

Another confused list grin >: grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 11:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
lexyman:

i am having this feeling that NFF will make one of their highest sales in Jersey , this is the right time to take advantage of what will happen now people will take advantage and want to associate with this brand grin grin grin yes "this Brand " other countries will queue to buy our jersey

can someone buy me a jersey for this right prediction ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2018
[quote author=lexyman post=68186604][/quote]

this prediction was made in march grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
OMANBALA1:

I will place Omeruo in the RB, Ogu LB, Awaziem LWB, Moses RWB.
hahaha......formation is dead even before arrival.

Na our carcass dem go carry from field after 10 minutes. Dem go knack Uzoho like 5 goals in that period, dude will be scarred for life grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:49pm On Jun 04, 2018
How can a gigantic looking guy piss on his trousers because dey put am for plane....sh*t is funny as f.... grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2018
When it was announced that Steven Gerrard would be leaving the Liverpool under 18s to manage Rangers Football Club, there was inevitable talk about who he might take with him on loan. That he has appointed a number of people who have worked for Liverpool to his coaching staff made the link up even more obvious. So it’s not a surprise to hear that Ovie Ejaria may be making his way up north.

This is according to the Daily Record, who aren’t so trustworthy on Liverpool news, but as one of the most read papers in Scotland their Rangers sources are likely to be more solid. Ejaria had a solid but unspectacular loan spell at Sunderland in the second half of the 2017/18 season, though with the North East side getting relegated one imagines it was difficult for anyone to impress in that team. There is a sense that perhaps his progression has stalled a bit at Anfield, so giving him first team football every week under a manager trusted by the club may be the best move to kickstart his career.

The report also suggests that Rangers are interested in bringing Dominic Solanke to the club on loan. Solanke has divided opinion somewhat this year, managing to put up very impressive stats in terms of expected goals and assists but struggling to finish his chances. While there is a temptation to give him regular first team football, it’s important to remember that the Scottish Premiership is a significant step down from the English Premier League. I personally would like to see him remain at Liverpool as a backup for Roberto Firmino, but if a loan move is sanctioned, a Premier League club would be a much better fit.

There’s a lot of hope among Liverpool supporters that Steven Gerrard can be a success at Rangers, and as such the Ejaria move will be welcomed. It is important, though, that any loan moves are done on the basis of being the right fit for the player and Liverpool. Ejaria can do well in Scotland, but Solanke may be ready for a higher level right now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2018
safarigirl:

Na our carcass dem go carry from field after 10 minutes. Dem go knack Uzoho like 5 goals in that period, dude will be scarred for life grin

Lol....Why do you think so. I want ball players just for experiment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
OMANBALA1:
By the way, Idowu look soft in the eye.... Take a look at Ebuehi , he looks like he can break bottle untop person head
Ebuehi is light-skinned, by the world-approved, skin color index, Idowu would be more threatening than Ebuehi.

The only time a light person may look threatening next to a dark person, is if the light person is bearded and the dark person is clean-shaved grin.

There is a reason why darker people are seen as masculine while the lighter you are, the more feminine the world assumes you are.

However, I do agree that Ebuehi looks more rugged than Idowu, especially with the hair-do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 11:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
safarigirl:

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Luckyroro(m): 11:53pm On Jun 04, 2018
safarigirl:
Messi and Ororo C are closer to 30 than 20, it is totally wrong to join those old men and these small boys together. Compare Messi and Ororo to Mikel and Musa or Onazi, how many times do those guys post on social media?

BTW, CR7 is almost a shareholder on IG, so make we no even use that one as example.

Social media presence also depends on personality. Eg. Iwobi is a social media wh-ore, Kelechi is not.
Lol. Noted but you get me. I get you too baby
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
OMANBALA1:
How can a gigantic looking guy piss on his trousers because dey put am for plane....sh*t is funny as f.... grin
lol....the irony of it all. Man like Ogu looks like he can handle shiitt....then they put him on a plane and his ancestor's true nature overwhelms him.

Black men hate anything that doesn't move on land. Land is safe, land is sure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 11:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
OMANBALA1:

you dont know what fear can cause , he must have gone through somethings in life ... i guess something has been toying with his imagination ... sending wrong signal to his brain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Chill out... grin

I didn't know that upset you
I chill out while u gass out. mind ya business
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:05am On Jun 05, 2018
Mujtahida:

I strongly doubt Ebuehi ever said that. Only his agent said he (Ebuehi ) was not yet ready for international football and would like to focus on his club. How can a player, even a whack player say that he's not good enough for international football. Abeg show me the link from where you got the bolded

“I don’t think I’m there yet, there is still a lot to improve in my game.Defensively I have improved a lot but I need the offensive discipline of modern full backs. I have to work on that. I’m sometimes afraid to go forward. “I am working every day to improve that aspect of my game. For example I have been working on my crosses,” Ebuehi told his club’s official website.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/ebuehi-im-not-ripe-super-eagles-yet/

(1) (2) (3) ... (3911) (3912) (3913) (3914) (3915) (3916) (3917) ... (16407) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Yachambliss(m), do4luv14(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.