Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,124 members, 7,900,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:34 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3935) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12148823 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3932) (3933) (3934) (3935) (3936) (3937) (3938) ... (16458) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:20am On Jun 06, 2018
Kog45:
Pls has Moses failed Nigeria?

It seems it's only on this thread am seeing us bashing Moses

Pls can you explain deeply why all of a sudden Moses is now a stumbling block to eagle's progress.

Abi not the same Moses of WC qualifier and Moses of Chelsea of just concluded season.
God bless you. Imagine how wicked people can be.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:21am On Jun 06, 2018
Goke7:

if the moses that played in afcon 2013 can resurrect, I will be the world's happiest person, also wish the onazi of the same 2013 can resurrect too, man this is 2018, we have different players now, perhaps we are still rating them due to past glory.

Moses heart is no longer in this team, let's be truthful. You know what? the croatia match is just days away, why don't we wait till then and let's see how it goes, no need for argument cos I know you will start arguing based on past glories and not present day reality, we are all fooling ourselves if we still think moses is still our most dangerous weapon

2017 wey Victor Moses scored almost a solo goal against Algeria na pass glory?

2017 wey Victor Moses initiated a counter attack and scored against Cameroon, na pass glory?

2017 wey Victor Moses dribble players commot for road to free Shehu who had all the time to give Iwobi the pass that led to the only goal against Zambia in Uyo, na pass glory?

Oga, I don't think you watched those matches.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 06, 2018
Goke7:

no need for argument, the croatia match is just days away and God willing, we will all be witnesses but talking about moses failure for Nigeria, he failed us in the 2014 world cup for your info

I have challenged some posters in here and I lay the same challenge to you. Go and watch Croatia play for 90 minutes and you will know how important moses is and will be In our match against Croatia.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 10:24am On Jun 06, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Aren't any of these players selfish? that what im saying

Yeah.... Except there is one problem
The returns are commensurate to the selfishness....
In other words, the higher the selfishness, the higher the goals return.

Oh.... and lets not forget, Moses is not Neymar nor is he Hazard.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:24am On Jun 06, 2018
forgiveness:

2017 wey Victor Moses scored almost a solo goal against Algeria na pass glory?

2017 wey Victor Moses initiated a counter attack and scored against Cameroon, na pass glory?

2017 wey Victor Moses dribble players commot for road to free Shehu who had all the time to give Iwobi the pass that led to the only goal against Zambia in Uyo, na pass glory?

Oga, I don't think you watched those matches.
grin yes I did not watch them but I will watch the ones in 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:26am On Jun 06, 2018
Truidstar:

I have challenged some posters in here and I lay the same challenge to you. Go and watch Croatia play for 90 minutes and you will know how important moses is and will be In our match against Croatia.

It's not how important, but what he will play as if it's not the same moses that disappeared against Iran in 2014. We all await the croatia match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:27am On Jun 06, 2018
Kog45:

Pls can you explain deeply why all of a sudden Moses is now a stumbling block to eagle's progress.

Abi not the same Moses of WC qualifier and Moses of Chelsea of just concluded season.

So many here rate players based ONLY on his last match. Let Moses put in a wonderful performance today now they will remember he deserved the APOTY and not Mohammed Sallah.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 10:28am On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

I want him out of the team outrightly, he is a very bad influence to the younger ones.

I would give young iwobi, Omeruo or Ndidi my captain band when Mikel is gone, they play their hearts out to motivate the team
Gbam!

He doesn't play with the same passion he exhibits when playing for Chelsea. Always unperturbed because he feels his position isn't under threat. It takes a world class manager to handle these kind of players. I swear if Rohr had him benched all through the England game, it would have helped bring him back down to earth. Joakim Low's treatment of Sane comes to mind. No player is ever bigger than the team.

Imagine a defender feeling funky for us cos he plays for Chelsea. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:30am On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

Well, we only watch the team for 90mins. Rohr watches the team for several hours everyday. He knows his players better than we do.

No WC coach will purposely setup his team to fail.

That's all I have to say

Rohr is just a very loyal coach. He has loyalty to certain players. He gave Shehu the excuse of fasting the last time but the whole Egyptian, Tunisian and Moroccan teams have been fasting too.

I hope Shehu can raise his game because he has been well below Ebuehi in most of the friendlies.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:30am On Jun 06, 2018
kennysville:

I dont know where you are from, but kindly stay off my mentions and I will do the same for yours....
If you must know why, then lemme spell it out. At the rate u going, its a matter of time before insults start flying.... I have answers for every thing you have to say. Trust me.

God bless

Dude is so annoying I don't like him quoting me and i dont read his posts. The insult he gave me the very first day he joined was... I actually thought it was a one off but after sometime, I realized that's who he is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:31am On Jun 06, 2018
tbaba1234:
Most Likely starting Line-up based on last training

Uzoho
Abdullahi Shehu
Troost-Ekong
Leon Balogun
Brian Idowu
John Ogu
Obi Mikel
Wilfred Ndidi
Victor Moses
Odion Ighalo
Alex Iwobi

Source: ANS

you can take this to the bank , this is our possible line up in the world cup .... I ve seen that Rohr is very firm , but if after the first half today the substitute work wonders , he may decide to try something new ... i want to see Simy combine with Iheanacho .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 10:31am On Jun 06, 2018
LieDetector:
Gbam!

He doesn't play with the same passion he exhibits when playing for Chelsea. Always unperturbed because he feels his position isn't under threat. It takes a world class manager to handle these kind of players. I swear if Rohr had him benched all through the England game, it would have helped bring him back down to earth. Joakim Low's treatment of Sane comes to mind. No player is ever bigger than the team.

Imagine a defender feeling funky for us cos he plays for Chelsea. Nonsense!

Must be because Naija people didnt vote for him during the APOTY selection.......

Lolzzzz Na joke O! But sha .... e fit be
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:34am On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:
Who else noticed that the one touch football we saw against Argentina have not been seen again since the return of Moses, Ighalo, Onazi, Joel and Shehu to the team?

Isn't a cause for concern?
Sir you are right.I had the same thought but coaches always have different views.

I hope you remember how we defeated Brazil at Atlanta. with the introduction of Teslim Fatusi,Wilson Oruma, Victor Ikpeba in the second half and Garba Lawal who started in the absence of Sunday Oliseh.

But in the final only Victor Ikpeba started ahead of unfit Emma Amuneke,meaning you don't change a team cos of 45 minutes performance.

I think you remember that Nigeria beat star studded France at their backyard with second team.Despite that victory the main team still remain with few introduction.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:35am On Jun 06, 2018
What i want to see against Czech

1. Faster start
2. A goal or two for Ighalo, he needs a confidence boosting goal.
3. Better performance from Shehu...
4. A clean sheet

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:38am On Jun 06, 2018
tbaba1234:
What i want to see against Czech

1. Faster start
2. A goal or two for Ighalo, he needs a confidence boosting goal.
3. Better performance from Shehu...
4. A clean sheet

true or he sits on the bench, enough of trial and error, I love the guy but it's reality time, the match against England and the match we will play today will be a true reflection of what we will show case at the world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 06, 2018
I prophesize that after today's match, vic Moses haters I'll be humble cool

And I will remind them to sit down and be humbke cheesy cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:40am On Jun 06, 2018
Goke7:

if the moses that played in afcon 2013 can resurrect, I will be the world's happiest person, also wish the onazi of the same 2013 can resurrect too, man this is 2018, we have different players now, perhaps we are still rating them due to past glory.

Moses heart is no longer in this team, let's be truthful. You know what? the croatia match is just days away, why don't we wait till then and let's see how it goes, no need for argument cos I know you will start arguing based on past glories and not present day reality, we are all fooling ourselves if we still think moses is still our most dangerous weapon
Moses collect ur wife? so if u be coach u will bench player like Moses. I swear u will get sacked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 06, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:40am On Jun 06, 2018
krattoss:

And I will remind them to sit down and be humbke cheesy cool

Amen!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:41am On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

So many here rate players based ONLY on his last match. Let Moses put in a wonderful performance today now they will remember he deserved the APOTY and not Mohammed Sallah.
Thank you Chief.

I needed to ask that question cos it seem the guy was talking about another Victor but really surprised the same Victor Moses.

Good to criticise but not in a ridiculous manner.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:42am On Jun 06, 2018
JoebieII:
Match 1. Against Alanyaspor, Shehu paired with Agu in a double pivot. Left and Right respectively.
Deduction: Both players considered
2. Against Besiktas, Agu served a match suspension, Shehu played as a single DM in front of the center backs
Deduction: Suspension
3. Against Akhisarspor, Shehu played as a single DM ahead of the center backs. While Agu was benched
Deduction: Shehu is the preferred choice. Hence, Shehu benched Agu
Scores: Shehu 1-0 Agu
4. Against Malatyaspor, Agu played on the left side of a double pivot. Shehu was benched .
Deduction: Agu is the preferred choice .Hence, Agu benched Shehu
Scores: Shehu 1-1 Agu
5. Against Galatasaray, Agu was deployed to the left side DM in a 3-4-2-1 formation, Shehu featured as RM
Deduction: Both players played.
6. Against Kayserispor, Shehu deployed to left side pivot DM. Agu benched
Deduction: Shehu is the preferred choice. Hence, Shehu benched Agu
Scores: Shehu 2-1 Agu
7. Against Osmanlispor, Shehu at left DM, Agu in the right.
Deduction: Both considered
8. Against Sivasspor, Shehu serves suspension, Agu in the left side double pivot DM
Deduction: Suspension
9. Against Antalyaspor, Shehu played as RM, Agu in the left side of double pivot DM
10. Against Kasimpasa, Shehu paired Agu. Shehu at left side of DM, and Agu right

Scores during Le Guen's reign: Shehu 2-1 Agu

Match 11: Shehu paired Agu. Shehu at left side of DM, and Agu right

Match 12: Shehu left DM position. Agu benched
Deduction: Shehu preferred specifically at left side of DM.
Scores: Shehu 3-1 Agu

Match 13: Shehu left DM position. Agu benched
Deduction: Shehu preferred specifically at left side of DM.
Scores: Shehu 4-1 Agu

Match 14: Shehu at RM, Agu still benched?
Deduction: Club can't do without Shehu playing. He either plays RM or DM. Has only been benched once.
Scores: Shehu 4-1 Agu (I wouldn't say Shehu benched Agu on this one)

Match 15: Shehu as left DM. Agu is still sitting in bench..
Deduction: Shehu the preferred choice. Agu in bench
Scores: Shehu 5-1 Agu

Match 16: Shehu giving a special leave, and from the woods Agu appears as DM. Soyalp moved to RM..
Deduction: Agu would most likely have served another time in bench had Shehu played

Final scores: Shehu 5-1 Agu

Oga, you don't have a case. The opportunities available to both has been single DM, left DM and right DM. Shehu has been indispensable in the club for the most part and has clearly been the preferred choice 5 times out 6.

So when people say Shehu benched Agu, they are pretty correct

Modified:
You are economical with the truth. You want to be caught by the wrist before you will admit(that's if you would give in). No humility
Any honest person who looks at the above points will make the right deduction from it.. it's clear like broad daylight

Hahahahahaha! You don turn to NEPA, on and off.

JoebieII:
Shehu was the preferred choice after Er took over as coach is far different from saying Shehu benched Agu in the Turkish league. [i]The latter could be misleading because it is is pretty vague[/i].

The point is Shehu has been the preferred choice since Er took over.. gat it?

You don testified and agreed as the first witness na, say 'It could be misleading because it is PRETTY VAGUE' in your voice. grin

Case don finish and closed tey tey na. grin

Next time. Ndo! Hahahahahaha! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:44am On Jun 06, 2018
Goke7:

true or he sits on the bench, enough of trial and error, I love the guy but it's reality time, the match against England and the match we will play today will be a true reflection of what we will show case at the world cup

Against England his touches were not bad , he didn't get enough supplies , but we want more from him , the presence of Ndidi today will give that team balance and Mikel will be mobile to give Iwobi the short passes , i think they re getting to understand them selves better .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:45am On Jun 06, 2018
kennysville:

Dstv will air it..... ss3 and ss9
I know. I mean a direct link to watch on my phone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:45am On Jun 06, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Moses collect ur wife? so if u be coach u will bench player like Moses. I swear u will get sacked.
If Moses can be ridiculed like this then i give up cos i keep on asking myself why sudden harsh criticism.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:45am On Jun 06, 2018
MetalJigsaw:

you wan pour more fuel into fire abi,? continue, am sure when rohr benches players like onazi and joel obi, he will also get sacked too. is not demystifying that after all the praises sang by different choir on this thread about Joel obi, suddenly folks are ready to help him pack his bag away from the team, mhen it can happen to any player, is moses is a god that cannot the dethroned, abeg be objective for once.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:49am On Jun 06, 2018
Goke7:

grin yes I did not watch them but I will watch the ones in 2018

Which year was the one Victor Moses singlehandedly won the match against Poland when caused and scored a penalty? grin

Remind me, I have forgotten. Maybe 1918? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2018
Goke7:

a very mobile attack, one touch, no time wasting, no yeye dribbling but goals
Because DeM win na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:50am On Jun 06, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Because DeM win na.

oh you dey beef grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:52am On Jun 06, 2018
forgiveness:

Which year was the one Victor Moses singlehandedly won the match against Poland when caused and scored a penalty? grin

Remind me, I have forgotten. Maybe 1918? grin

Mr controversy, let's not be in a hurry, the world cup is already here, cos we have played matches after the Poland game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:53am On Jun 06, 2018
lexyman:

Against England his touches were not bad , he didn't get enough supplies , but we want more from him , the presence of Ndidi today will give that team balance and Mikel will be mobile to give Iwobi the short passes , i think they re getting to understand them selves better .

that is my point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:54am On Jun 06, 2018
Kog45:

It seems peeps are more concerned with vicmo's attitude WC I think its personal to him Dan his performance on d pitch,in as much as his attitude hasn't affected d team unity and spirit, I will always prefer a proud player as many will view him here to produce a "PROUD" performance on d pitch dt brings result Dan being "HUMBLE" like Joel obi wc produce "HUMBLE" performance wc is poor grin grin

He doesn't play with d team,yet his individual brilliance was maasive against Cameroon at home,gave us victory against Poland.to d coaching crew,he's one of d best players we av in eagles and as much as he's fit he won't start any match from the bench irrespective of d formation to be played cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 10:57am On Jun 06, 2018
[quote author=tbaba1234 post=68226030]

Rohr is just a very loyal coach. He has loyalty to certain players. He gave Shehu the excuse of fasting the last time but the whole Egyptian, Tunisian and Moroccan teams have been fasting too.

I hope Shehu can raise his game because he has been well below Ebuehi in most of the friendlies.[/quote

Shehu's problem is playing against quick players. He is slow off d block, and his positioning is always suspect. Sometimes bumbling into the attacker.
He needs a good DM who covers a lot of ground to play alongside him. Ndidi fits the bill. Then he needs to work on his positioning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3932) (3933) (3934) (3935) (3936) (3937) (3938) ... (16458) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: junnyjake(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.