Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,214 members, 7,897,156 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4083) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12135966 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4080) (4081) (4082) (4083) (4084) (4085) (4086) ... (16453) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aodis: 10:39am On Jun 16, 2018
goldfish80:
Na so preaching full here today just because we are playing a Croatia team that flatters to deceive. Abeg make una calm down, we are not world cup debutants, we have played 18 of these games previously.
Another day, another dollar.

So what if we engage in preaching! Sometimes remarks here can be really pathetic
!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2018
my bro e be like orders from above ooooo cus i see no reason why he should start ahead of ebuehi. i just pray this doesnt backfire on the team
LieDetector:
dude is very good at stifling attacks coming from the right. Good at recovering after overlaps. Combines well with the attack and also has good positional sense.
Shehu dey use jazz? Or is it a federal character something?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aodis: 10:40am On Jun 16, 2018
gbosaa:

Stop focusing on predictions. Farah, Marcus, Achilles and Paul or whatever animal out there can not be trusted. You are scared that the so called Farah predicted that Croatia will win. That is nonsense. I believe the Eagles have prepared well and are physically and mentally read for today's match. I believe they can win convincingly against Croatia. I also believe that they have the capability to go far in this tournament if things go right for them. There will be surprises and i think Nigeria will silence critics. It will give me special joy if we win today. This match in my opinion is the most important match for Nigeria in this tournament. Super Eagles can do.

Thank you jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 16, 2018
charlesemeka85:
i am yet to understand rohr's preference of shehu. ebuehi will do a better job

Get a job with NFF technical team and advice mr Rohr or apply to a football team. Get your players, coach them, come up with your formations and tactics, choose the right player to execute those tactics and instructions. Who knows, you might the best football manager ever from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 10:42am On Jun 16, 2018
The greatest threat to the growth of an African-Blacks too- is lack of self-confidence....The "i can do spirit it" is less than zero...but some are slowly crawling out it....i do not want to blame slave trade...i do not want to blame our leaders...it begins with the individual...with me...with you.If watched that APOCALYPTO film...the father told his son "do not bring it into our village" FEAR...IT CRAWLS INTO YOUR SOUL.....

Believe

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 10:45am On Jun 16, 2018
safarigirl:
is there anything Africa is ready for? We are in the 21st century and Africa is not ready for independence, for democracy, for ANYTHING. So, what should happen? They should wipe the continent off the world map?

Nobody is saying Africa will win the world cup, but this defeatist mentality most of you have grown with is sickening and is the reason why Africa will never be ready for anything. A continent filled with cowards that give up and run away at the first sign of struggle will never achieve a thing

Some of you call it realism. I call it cowardice. Failure never killed anyone, but anticipating failure will kill before the failure. This lack of faith in your teams will kill them more than whatever the opposition want to do

Everybody that has already been defeated before the end of this stage is undeserving to be African. Your forefathers would sneer at you all, the cradle of human civilization has been reduced to withering cowards. Losers.
remove the word 'losers' and it's classic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:45am On Jun 16, 2018
huh! who be this one? oga park well abeg. everyone one here is entitled to his or her opinion.
gbosaa:

Get a job with NFF technical team and advice mr Rohr or apply to a football team. Get your players, coach them, come up with your formations and tactics, choose the right player to execute those tactics and instructions. Who knows, you might the best football manager ever from Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:47am On Jun 16, 2018
hardwerk:

As per what the Islamic Scholar? What is hard for people to swallow the truth in this country? The day is upon us when the Super Jersey wearers of Nigeria will be gang brutalized by the croats . The waters of the Danube will be emphatically suprised to know that the wailings of Nigerians today will surpass it's liquid capacity.
Guy why are you bent on being so spiteful in this thread.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:50am On Jun 16, 2018
realpoacher:

Link please

I need all the motivation right now

https://mobile.twitter.com/ngsupereagles?lang=en
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 10:51am On Jun 16, 2018
so pavard is a starter for France?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by abbeycom101(m): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2018
EVEN THE QUEEN HERSELF

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:55am On Jun 16, 2018
asha80:
so pavard is a starter for France?
Yes he is. Hard to imagine this guy was bought from Lille a couple of years ago for $4M, today he's valued at $50M. His progress have been stratospheric.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 16, 2018
charlesemeka85:
huh! who be this one? oga park well abeg. everyone one here is entitled to his or her opinion.

Rohr is the manager. He works with Salisu and other staff and they know the players better than you and i. NFF trust him with the job. He can use Ikechukwu Ezenwa instead of Shehu or Ebuehi, he can put Mikel or Etebo in goal if those players would get the expected result.

Now if you are not happy with that, you can stop supporting them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 11:03am On Jun 16, 2018
goldfish80:

Yes he is. Hard to imagine this guy was bought from Lille a couple of years ago for $4M, today he's valued at $50M. His progress have been stratospheric.
Shrewd scouting is the way forward and the only way the moderately wealthy clubs can hope to compete with the extremely wealthy clubs (you don't stand a chance if you go head to head with clubs that state sponsored). There are bargains out there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:04am On Jun 16, 2018
French team thou,Nobody up to 30 apart from the goal keeper
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:06am On Jun 16, 2018
the cawards believe is safer to be pessimistic than optimistic.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 16, 2018
If Nigeria wins today, I promise to go on a like spree from whence till our next game cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 11:16am On Jun 16, 2018
Napoleon55:
the cawards believe is safer to be pessimistic than optimistic.

Built up to our round of 16 encounter, the Danish coach said that he knows they'll loose to Nigeria but that his team will give us tough time. After 90min of football the result was 4:1 in their favour.

Lesson: talk and action are world's apart.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:17am On Jun 16, 2018
Afobear:
Okay people,I'm back from my Ban just in time to witness the overfloweth of people's tears Today in Russia. Bank it that this averageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee3eeeee3eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee team will be bruised and brutalized by the relentless Croatians . It will be a Torturing experience for the averageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee3eeeee3eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee team and her supporters alike but make no mistake to shed all your tears because you will be needing more of it for the subsequent matches and even more when your mandatory 3 matches are done with. Bibia yeboah
Afo beer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:19am On Jun 16, 2018
realpoacher:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

I like your boldness but its Rohr demeanor i fear

Instead of Rohr to instill the bullish factor into the squad, he is busy talking about them not been ready, he is busy saying this team is work in progress, he is busy saying that he is building a team for 2022.

I don't believe in building anything for tomorrow when you have not taken care of today

Rohr is sounding defeated already... I am afraid he has transferred that timidity to the players

Nigeria has a never say die attitude but i am really afraid
It's sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 16, 2018
Omo friendly different from real deal shocked

Australia balling
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:20am On Jun 16, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
No Ekong?

Kenneth is more suited for this match IMO. He is also better in the air and can be a better help defending set pieces.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:24am On Jun 16, 2018
gbosaa:

Stop focusing on predictions. Farah, Marcus, Achilles and Paul or whatever animal out there can not be trusted. You are scared that the so called Farah predicted that Croatia will win. That is nonsense. I believe the Eagles have prepared well and are physically and mentally read for today's match. I believe they can win convincingly against Croatia. I also believe that they have the capability to go far in this tournament if things go right for them. There will be surprises and i think Nigeria will silence critics. It will give me special joy if we win today. This match in my opinion is the most important match for Nigeria in this tournament. Super Eagles can do.
Farah no join jare. He's taken flight and since gotten lost among the dunes of the Arabian desert. He wasn't mentioned among the psychic animals in the report by the Daily mail.co.uk.

Meanwhile Marcus says hiiii

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:25am On Jun 16, 2018
Icon4s:

Mind game.

Croatia will not know what hit them today.
i hope it's actually "mind game" and not foolishness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:26am On Jun 16, 2018
Icon4s:

Mind game.

Croatia will not know what hit them today.
i hope it's actually "mind game" and not mere foolishness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 16, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Afo beer
more like beer's stomach cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 16, 2018
ALL PRAISE TO THE MOST HIGH!!!
TODAY IS THE DAY!!!

For all our fellow Naija folks who couldn't make today due to the hardships in this nation, we ask for our Savior to grant them paradise in the afterlife. After 2 failed AFCON attempts we were placed in the group of death with 3 other powerhouses of African football. Against all our grim odds, we overcame and qualified with a game to spare. We may have had a rough stretch of friendlies but as the last two days have shown, friendlies and World Cup finals are worlds apart.

This is Nigeria.

Despite all our hardships and tribulations, we still overcome our impediments and rise to the occasion. We are the giants of Africa. We are big brother. Everyone looks to us for guidance and direction. Many aim to emulate our success. Whether it'd be UK, USA, Canada or where ever, many know us for perseverance and true grit.

We shall overcome and prevail this afternoon. Regardless of the result, I will always love my team, my nation and my people. Regardless of what happens today, I will rebuke any attempt to undermine my love and fervor for the GWG.

Let us rejoice and express our decent desires for this beautiful game.

And as the always say....

Naija no dey carry last

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 11:27am On Jun 16, 2018
The day has come, the moment of truth
We have been on this journey for the past 4 years and now it has come upon us.
Rohr is the coach, what he sees nobody can see it so all the online Super coaches should hold their horses.
No matter how it ends today SE remains our only and darling team whom we are proud of and will continue to support. I know the boys are prepped to give their best but ours is to give an unflinching support and vocalize our belief in our SE
Today I boldly say soar Eagles soar!
We love and appreciate your efforts and sincerely wish you the very best. Go out there and enjoy yourselves!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:30am On Jun 16, 2018
Its revealed to me that the outcome of the match today will be talked about for a long time. An unknown one will become a hero today.
All the elements will work in favour of Nigeria.
Ya all will see it happen.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:33am On Jun 16, 2018
mank1234:

Built up to our round of 16 encounter, the Danish coach said that he knows they'll loose to Nigeria but that his team will give us tough time. After 90min of football the result was 4:1 in their favour.

Lesson: talk and action are world's apart.
And Amokachi said you if Denmark scores 10 goals we will score one more. The rest is history

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:35am On Jun 16, 2018
Unlimited22:

Please, has he announced his lineup? I mean Croatia's manager. I Wan see am.

Predicted line up....

(1) (2) (3) ... (4080) (4081) (4082) (4083) (4084) (4085) (4086) ... (16453) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 21 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.