Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,040 members, 7,876,889 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 09:18 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12009911 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4196) (4197) (4198) (4199) (4200) (4201) (4202) ... (16402) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2018
Context. Malik will we be seen as the best when it comes to admissions into University. A very high cut of mark say 290, would easily disqualify your head boy. For university admissions JAMB would take precedence as long as long as they meet the minimum requirements in WAEC.

TheSuperNerd:
The real question is who did better in class with you both in it? wink

After all, I was in high school and while in SS 1 I recall our head boy having 284 in jamb while a guy in his science class called Malik had 296.

But in school, The Head boy dusted this guy for all awards and finished as the best overall student in his class and in the whole school and in his WAEC too but Malik beat am for Jamb in same grad year.. Who is the best?

Answer is the head boy. cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2018
TheGoodJoe:
Iheanacho Is More Clinical & Technical Than Ighalo, He Should Start Against Iceland – John Fashanu

” I think the team showed cohesion upon the introduction of Iheanacho. Ighalo has his limitations particularly as he is not that mobile e Iheanacho who thrives on taking positions behind defenders with smart runs at defenders”, Fashanu exclusively told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” Against Iceland, the team need movement in attack and Iheanacho will no doubt provide that . Ighalo should best be introduced as a substitute but Iheanacho to me is the man to trouble Iceland, he is more clinical and technical than Ighalo “, he concluded.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/06/21/iheanacho-is-more-clinical-technical-than-ighalo-he-should-start-against-iceland-john-fashanu/

I do not know if this was posted here earlier. But, John Fashanu highlights a simple fact we have neglected to the detriment of the team.

Finito.

I have also shared this view.

We don't need Ighalo starting in that front line tomorrow.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
The real question is who did better in class and school with you both in it? wink

After all, I was in high school and while in SS 1 I recall our head boy having 284 in jamb while a guy in his science class called Malik had 296.

But in school, The Head boy dusted this guy for all awards and finished as the best overall student in his class and in the whole school and in his WAEC too but Malik beat am for Jamb in same grad year.. Who is the best?

Answer is the head boy. cheesy

So wetin you come score?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:16pm On Jun 21, 2018
I like John Fashanu's term of cohesion upon the introduction of Iheanacho. All the criticism miss the part of the team performing better with Nacho upfront. We are going against a side that will prove more organized than the Croats. We need as much mobility as we can if we are to stay Longer in Russia.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:
According to Charles Anazodo

He said Mikel to play as DM and Vic Moses as wing back

Colins Udoh too share thesame too...

They are both in Russia...
sometimes luck is needed no matter how prepared and hard u ball..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2018
No be context anything. The answer is The Head Boy is the best. No question. Who tops the class/school is the best in the class or in the school. WAEC is also an external exam and The Head boy still dusted Malik. Na only Jamb wey wan come make Malik the best? cheesy Simple. That is how we know the best from a balanced angle.

Cut off of 290 indeed... lol... This guy got into Unilag easily. Cut off ko, Cut on nii... grin

Joebie:
Context. Malik will we be seen as the best when it comes to admissions into University. A very high cut of mark say 290, would easily disqualify your head boy. For university admissions JAMB would take precedence as long as long as they meet the minimum requirements in WAEC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2018
I was in SS 1 then naa... but I scored higher than the Head boy but lower than Malik in my own time. wink I don give you range.

Icon4s:

So wetin you come score?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2018
COOL10:
. If Moses plays as a RWB,where does that put Tyrone? sad

On the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

I was in SS 1 then naa... but I scored higher than the Head boy but lower than Malik in my own time. wink I don give you range.

Hmm,, efiko.

Just to give you a tip: I scored higher than Malik during my time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
Oga stop lying to yourself. At the university JAMB takes precedence. Whether you get 8 As and I got 8 Cs if you don’t meet the cut of mark in JAMB, u don’t get admitted full stop. Let’s move on. Make I no argue with u like pikin.

TheSuperNerd:
No be context anything. The answer is The Head Boy is the best. No question. Who tops the class/school is the best in the class or in the school. WAEC is also an external exam and The Head boy still dusted Malik. Na only Jamb wey wan come make Malik the best? cheesy Simple. That is how we know the best from a balanced angle.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:
According to Charles Anazodo
He said Mikel to play as DM and Vic Moses as wing back
Colins Udoh too share thesame too...
They are both in Russia...
I still wonder if Rohr would finally play a back 3.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
Thank you, bro!

O pari

soetanoreoluwa:

This is it... Next time screen shot then upload...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:25pm On Jun 21, 2018
Honestly, I think we could've beaten Croatia with this formation and a real game plan. There was nothing special about that Croatian team, we just let them off the hook.

O pari

soetanoreoluwa:

This formation look so real definitely Mikel and Ndidi wil be anchor men...

We can make good stuff out of this...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ok let it slide. It’s a new day. We are not women.

TheSuperNerd:
Should I show you an earlier comment I made that shows I am not just saying this? cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2018
ChrisKels:

But Kouyate doesnt play in Ndidi position, rather Etebo's. Abi Kouyate dun turn a holding midfielder over night? grin grin

We are doing like for like changes here not otherwise so be smart.

Kouyate benches Etebo while Ndidi benches Ndiaye. No room for Etebo bro grin

You mean Kouyate doesnt play in Ndidi's position!? shocked shocked grin Bhuuuhahaha!

You can lie ooooooo. sad

Wetin be dis?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2018
Na lie. One with a high jamb score but rubbish WAEC is going no where. Jamb gives you audience and a good shot but your WAEC is key to getting you in. cheesy Am I lying? You just cannot deny the fact that when it comes to the best, one must have a solid reference.
For the headboy and Malik it was their performance at school and not in Jamb. That is standard.

For Africa, it is those who win the AFCON that are the best.

Doing well or scoring the highest in Jamb only makes you the best performing student in that exam. But when measured using actual everyday school exams and activities, one edged overtime. That is the best. Not based on a one off show. Simple.

Just admit it... Africa's best is never measured by a one off show at the Mundial. The best is that team who can show success on the continent and translate it to world football. Finito.

Joebie:
Oga stop lying to yourself. At the university JAMB takes precedence. Whether you get 8 As and I got 8 Cs if you don’t meet the cut of mark in JAMB, u don’t get admitted full stop. Let’s move on. Make I no argue with u like pikin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:31pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ok.. I didn’t have to read all that. I don move on
TheSuperNerd:
Na lie. One with a high jamb score but rubbish WAEC is going no where. Jamb gives you audience and a good shot but your WAEC is key to getting you in. cheesy Am I lying? You just cannot deny the fact that when it comes to the best, one must have a solid reference.
For the headboy and Malik it was their performance at school and not in Jamb. That is standard.

For Africa, it is those who win the AFCON that are the best.

Doing well or scoring the highest in Jamb only makes you the best performing student in that exam. But when measured using actual everyday school exams and activities, one edged overtime. That is the best. Not based on a one off show. Simple.

Just admit it... Africa's best is never measured by a one off show at the Mundial. The best is that team who can show success on the continent and translate it to world football. Finito.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 1:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
Icon4s:

I am not saying you should not show love, but I am just giving some tips on how to prevent heart breaks per-adventure things don't go as expected.

Take my tips now and thank me later.

Make i kukuma no watch then grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
Icon4s:

Hmm,, efiko.

Just to give you a tip: I scored higher than Malik during my time.

Well, why am I not surprised? wink

It is said that a Lion indeed begats a Lion. No be Dad I dey call you? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
Australia don go carry bad luck jersey. This one no dey among their colors o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2018
Yeah... Now you realise that... because you actually just don't wanna concede. Just understand that it is your opinion and your opinion alone to say one who comes first in class overtime is not the best. Just like saying one who conquers Africa is not the best. You simply don't rate the Afcon and that is in itself a reason behind your opinion.

Joebie:
Ok let it slide. It’s a new day. We are not women.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Well, why am I not surprised? wink

It is said that a Lion indeed begats a Lion. No be Dad I dey call you? cheesy

Hahaha.

You remind me of that our football and studies discussion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2018
Joebie:

I don't understand your arguments, but JAMB and WAEC are pretty much even.

For instance, the first admission I got was because I had a high JAMB score, but do you know what made me lose the admission? I failed to get a credit in WAEC and that was that. Someone with a score of 210 or 201 entered University and me and my 259 sat home.

So, you see, JAMB without solid WAEC is useless
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2018
442 formation... Surprise surprise... grin

Heart racing

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
TheGoodJoe:
I like John Fashanu's term of cohesion upon the introduction of Iheanacho. All the criticism miss the part of the team performing better with Nacho upfront. We are going against a side that will prove more organized than the Croats. We need as much mobility as we can if we are to stay Longer in Russia.

Rohr really needs to start utilizing Iheanacho in this team.
Using Ighalo has not paid dividends.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
Icon4s:

Hahaha.

You remind me of that our football and studies discussion.

What?!!! That again?!

The one that pitched an unusual debate matchup having The great Chief Icon4s, TheGoodJoe and Safarigirl in one corner and just Marvellous Bascovanveli and me in the other corner?! No abeg... Not again... That long debate... Haba..

In fact... Me right now... "I'm outta here"

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2018
Icon4s:

I still wonder if Rohr would finally play a back 3.

Baba wont play back 3.

Ebuehi Balogun Ekong Elderson

Vic Moses onazi Mikel etebo

Simy ighalo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2018
Icon79:
Honestly, I think we could've beaten Croatia with this formation and a real game plan. There was nothing special about that Croatian team, we just let them off the hook.

O pari

Exactly... Game plan just don't work out... Tomorrow is another day

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
safarigirl:
I don't understand your arguments, but JAMB and WAEC are pretty much even.

For instance, the first admission I got was because I had a high JAMB score, but do you know what made me lose the admission? I failed to get a credit in WAEC and that was that. Someone with a score of 210 or 201 entered University and me and my 259 sat home.

So, you see, JAMB without solid WAEC is useless
Yes.
Both JAMB and WAEC are needed for university admission. If you achieve 5 credits (including English and Math), but you have a 185 JAMB score, no admission for you. And if you score 280, but get a D in English in WAEC, still no admission for you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

What?!!! That again?!

The one that pitched an unusual debate matchup having The great Chief Icon4s, TheGoodJoe and Safarigirl in one corner and just Marvellous Bascovanveli and me in the other corner?! No abeg... Not again... That long debate... Haba..

In fact... Me right now... "I'm outta here"

But that debate was interesting sha.

One major reason I took that debate personal was because I was a victim of "You cannot combine football and your studies".

I chose studies and left football and the rest is history. Some of my team members went ahead to play for the Super Eagles while I watched them from my TV room and school hostels.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2018
Icon4s:

But that debate was interesting sha.

One major reason I took that debate personal was because I was a victim of "You cannot combine football and your studies".

I chose studies and left football and the rest is history. Some of my team members went ahead to play for the Super Eagles while I watched them from my TV room and school hostels.

Maybe Nigeria education
That's why Iceland team really motivated me alot...

5 doctors in a team with a pro film maker...

Looking like Nigeria education is overrated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

Baba wont play back 3.

Ebuehi Balogun Ekong Elderson

Vic Moses onazi Mikel etebo

Simy ighalo

Really messed up starting 11 & formation. Why is Rohr so stubborn? 3-5-2 is the way to go, every one knows this

(1) (2) (3) ... (4196) (4197) (4198) (4199) (4200) (4201) (4202) ... (16402) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuks404 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.