Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,519 members, 7,878,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 05:16 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12017561 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4391) (4392) (4393) (4394) (4395) (4396) (4397) ... (16404) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2018
Certitude:

It seems they didn't read the article.

Or maybe they don't understand simple statistics .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
Icon4s:

This is the concluding part of that your publication. Read it again carefully.

cc: TheGoodJoe, Komekn.
The report clearly stated "in the ethnic group observed" which didn't include sub Saharan African. Since that time, 4 Ghanaian 15/16yr old boys have failed the test. Even a USA born 15yr old Nigerian boy have failed the test. Where does this peg your 0.9% near perfect claims?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2018
goldfish80:

The report clearly stated "in the ethnic group observed" which didn't include sub Saharan African. Since that time, 4 Ghanaian 15/16yr old boys have failed the test. Even a USA born 15yr old Nigerian boy have failed the test. Where does this peg your 0.9% near perfect claims?

4 Ghanaian 15/16years olds out of how many?
1 Nigerian 15 years old out of how many?

No Insults meant but you need to go dust up your statistics note book.

For the observed Ethnic groups see below: But I hope you know we are part of Sub-Saharan Africa.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2018
goldfish80:

And some little statistics lessons.

The SD of 0.9 Means Standard Deviation of 0.9 and not 0.9%

Standard Deviation as low as 0.9 only implies a high level of consistency of your result. It is not measured in percentage unit.

Besides it is not MY SD, it is the SD I got from the publication YOU posted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2018
Icon4s:

4 Ghanaian 15/16years olds out of how many?
1 Nigerian 15 years old out of how many?

No Insults meant but you need to go dust up your statistics note book.

For the observed Ethnic groups see below: But I hope you know we are part of Sub-Saharan Africa.

What do you mean out of how many? Don't you get it that Sub Saharan Africans were not part of the sampled ethnic groups? The Ghanaians and Nigerian boy were isolated incidents outside the initial thesis and they came out negative.
There goes your 0.9% perfect claims.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2018
goldfish80:

What do you mean out of how many? Don't you get it that Sub Saharan Africans were not part of the sampled ethnic groups? The Ghanaians and Nigerian boy were isolated incidents outside the initial thesis and they came out negative.
There goes your 0.9% perfect claims.

Is it that you refused to read that article or you read it but found it too complex to comprehend?

You don't understand an article yet you ran to post it just to prove or disprove a point.

TheGoodJoe or anyone that understands that article should please help me explain it to this guy.

I Don tire to go back and forth abeg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2018
Icon4s:

And some little statistics lessons.

The SD of 0.9 Means Standard Deviation of 0.9 and not 0.9%

Standard Deviation as low as 0.9 only implies a high level of consistency of your result. It is not measured in percentage unit.

Besides it is not MY SD, it is the SD I got from the publication YOU posted.
Even before I posted, you have already held the integrity of the test to 0.9 and never added SD to numerical value. Secondly, the second link I posted was to authenticate the ethnic groups sampled by the thesis of FIFA's medical assessment and research center.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2018
Humility017:

no more China based strikers in the team....
so pathetic to have a player wearing the iconic no 9 Jersey and still can't score goals...
God forbid bad thing!

Add to that list, Bright Enobakhare of newly promoted EPL side, Wolves

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2018
goldfish80:

Even before I posted, you have already held the integrity of the test to 0.9 and never added SD to numerical value. Secondly, the second link I posted was to authenticate the ethnic groups sampled by the thesis of FIFA's medical assessment and research center.

I stated that I take recognition of any device or system that has over 90% accuracy or efficiency.

I couldnt have given you an SD value because I have not carried out an experiment on it that requires statistical analysis.

That SD of 0.9 is as contained in that article you posted.

And note that SD of 0.9 is not same thing as 90% accuracy. They are measuring 2 different statistical parameters.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
Icon4s:

Is it that you refused to read that article or you read it but found it too complex to comprehend?

You don't understand an article yet you ran to post it just to prove or disprove a point.

TheGoodJoe or anyone that understands that article should please help me explain it to this guy.

I Don tire to go back and forth abeg.

Please explain to me who a Sub Saharan African is. Algerian boys were part of the group sampled, therefore I cannot use the word "African" to make an argument against the integrity of the test.
Secondly, can you kindly explain why the FIFA research team sampled Asians, Caucasians, Latinos, Arabians but no negroid? Doesn't it look strange? Abi you're not the type who ask questions?
Because taking a critical look at the these variables and the number of Africans who failed the random test, one can speculate that FIFA knows the integrity of the test will come to question if negroids were sampled because the failure rate of the test would have upset the apple cart.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
goldfish80:

Please explain to me who a Sub Saharan African is. Algerian boys were part of the group sampled, therefore I cannot use the word "African" to make an argument against the integrity of the test.
Secondly, can you kindly explain why the FIFA research team sampled Asians, Caucasians, Latinos, Arabians but no negroid? Doesn't it look strange? Abi you're not the type who ask questions?
Because taking a critical look at the these variables and the number of Africans who failed the random test, one can speculate that FIFA knows the integrity of the test will come to question if negroids were sampled because the failure rate of the test would have upset the apple cart.

Again, calm down and read this carefully.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2018
andrew444:

Keep on dissing on ighalo and don't move on.

They mentioned vibrant forward for the future and you are talking about ighalo as if our World Cup run is not over.

Is ighalo the only striker that didn't score at the World Cup ?

When last do you have a number 9 that scored at the World Cup ?

How many goals has any super eagles number 9 scored at the World Cup ?

Nigerians need to move on and stop thinking about ighalo,Nigerians are just sore losers

you're one of the sore losers....
please when next you loose your manners...jump over my posts.
I never quotes you nor use your data reply his comment...
or are you Ighalo....?

please serve yourself that advise.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2018
Icon4s:

Again, calm down and read this carefully.
You're still quoting the same FIFA medical assessment and research center thesis which have proved to be nothing but hogwash since Africans failed the same test they upheld to be full proof.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
Icon4s:

I stated that I take recognition of any device or system that has over 90% accuracy or efficiency.

I couldnt have given you an SD value because I have not carried out an experiment on it that requires statistical analysis.

That SD of 0.9 is as contained in that article you posted.

And note that SD of 0.9 is not same thing as 90% accuracy. They are measuring 2 different statistical parameters.
I didnt see where you mentioned 90% and I know what standard diviation means. I worked as an auxiliary lecturer in a poly tech taking yr1 students on Mth and Stat were I served.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
goldfish80:

You're still quoting the same FIFA medical assessment and research center thesis which have proved to be nothing but hogwash since Africans failed the same test they upheld to be full proof.

Was that not the article that you posted that was meant to disprove the reliability of the MRI?

Or what was your aim of posting it in the first place?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
Super Eagles defender at the Russia 2018 World Cup Bryan Idowu has joined Lokomotiv Moscow on a three year deal on a free transfer from Amkar Perm who are having financial difficulties.

Idowu who represented Nigeria at the World Cup despite his eligibility to play for Russia played all Nigeria’s game at the World Cup from the left full back position.

He became clubless after Amkar Perm were relegated to the third division during to financial impropriety and Lokomotiv Moscow were quick to swoop in and sign him on a free transfer.

CSKA Moscow were also interested in the 25 year old who has revealed his joy at moving to the club. ” I am very glad to join Lokomotiv. I’m really looking forward to joining the team at their training camp. As a child I watched the matches of Lokomotiv Moscow in the Champions League “.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
Icon4s:

Those guys with white wrapper are already proven ritualists or cultists.

The Fulani man with an AK-47 is already a proven Killer.

The bottom line is if you do not have any proof or indications that a group of players are age cheats then you cannot label them as such.

I, for now, take the MRI thing seriously and will continue to defend the ages of Manu and Amuneke's boys because of the very high level of accuracy of the MRI. As a scientist I take to recognition any device with over 90% accuracy or efficiency.

So until, another theory comes up that the MRI is not as accurate as proposed after all, I will continue to believe in the accuracy of its results.

Goldfish80, see the 2nd to last paragraph.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2018
Icon4s:

Was that not the article that you posted that was meant to disprove the reliability of the MRI?

Or what was your aim of posting it in the first place?
The second article I posted the link was in reference to authenticate the ethnic group sampled by the FIFA test with absence of negroids. You get the picture now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:01pm On Jul 10, 2018
Per an announcement on their official website Scottish Premier League side Rangers have announced the signing of Nigerian forward Sadiq Umar on loan from Roma.

Sadiq will spend the entirety of next season on loan to the Steven Gerrard led outfit and he will be hoping to match the height he reached in the second half of last season while at NAC Breda.

After terminating his loan deal at Serie A side Torino, the six foot three striker moved to NAC Breda in January and ended the season with five goals in 12 games in the Dutch Eredivisie to help the modest team beat the drop.

Already the 21 year old who finished as top scorer for Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympic has settled for a shirt number at the club, and his choice didn’t come as a surprise to many who are conversant with the Kaduna born forward.

As soon as he is granted international clearance, Jololo like Sadiq is called by close friends and associate will officially unveil his shirt number 97, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

DONT MISS ==> England Legend Michael Owen Criticises Iheanacho For Scoring Instead Of Passing To A Teammate
The number was the first number he wore as a professional player when he made his debut for Roma as an 18 year old three years ago, and he believes it carries good omen for him. Same number he wore at Breda last season.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2018
goldfish80:

I took out my time to study a bit on the subject (Mri wrist scan) over the past few days and from my observation, MRI scan cannot be used to determine a person's true age. Rather the wrist scan can tell an individual's skeletal maturity not his/her chronological age.
Scientifically, adolescents enter puberty at different times and grow at different rates that is why a 15yr old can fail the test and you can also find an individual above 17 passing the same test due to variations in growth rate which could be as a of environmental/ecological or hereditary factors.
Unfortunately, this part of the world is not scientifically driven. There's no baseline for growth rate that is standard to us. Even the thesis had kids sampled from Algeria, Switzerland, Malaysia and Argentina and non from Africa.
You can read the full thesis here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2465138/
cc Icon4s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2018
goldfish80:

I didnt see where you mentioned 90% and I know what standard diviation means. I worked as an auxiliary lecturer in a poly tech taking yr1 students on Mth and Stat were I served.

Well then, the last time I was in a statistics class was my first year in the University.

So how can you then be confusing percentage with Standard Deviation? And as a statistics teacher you should know Standard Deviation has no unit.

Nothing like standard deviation of 0.9%.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2018
goldfish80:

The second article I posted the link was in reference to authenticate the ethnic group sampled by the FIFA test with absence of negroids. You get the picture now?

And for the third and final time.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2018
Icon4s:

Well then, the last time I was in a statistics class was my first year in the University.

So how can you then be confusing percentage with Standard Deviation? And as a statistics teacher you should know Standard Deviation has no unit.

Nothing like standard deviation of 0.9%.
I never said a standard divination of 0.9%, how is that even possible .I assumed you meant 0.9% accuracy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2018
Icon4s:

Those guys with white wrapper are already proven ritualists or cultists.

The Fulani man with an AK-47 is already a proven Killer.

The bottom line is if you do not have any proof or indications that a group of players are age cheats then you cannot label them as such.

I, for now, take the MRI thing seriously and will continue to defend the ages of Manu and Amuneke's boys because of the very high level of accuracy of the MRI. As a scientist I take to recognition any device with over 90% accuracy or efficiency.

So until, another theory comes up that the MRI is not as accurate as proposed after all, I will continue to believe in the accuracy of its results.

It could also work both ways until you have empirical irrefutable evidence to prove your age beyond any doubt you are w cheat.

Just depends on how you want to view it.

From rose tinted spectacles and delusional optimism.

The choice is yours.

My position remains the same I will accept your declaration but I do not have to believe it.

Quarrel no deh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2018
I wonder how Thiery Henry will feel being amongst the technical crew plotting against the French downfall. Football sha.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2018
goldfish80:

I read about this baseline data used to make the deductions about 4 years ago or possibly earlier.

The published research has been there for a quite some time but many have chosen to ignore it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2018
Icon4s:

And for the uptheempt time, you're still quoting the FIFA sponsored research whose integrity have been called to question after Africans failed this test!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2018
komekn:

It could also work both ways until you have empirical irrefutable evidence to prove your age beyond any doubt you are w cheat.

Just depends on how you want to view it.

From rose tinted spectacles and delusional optimism.

The choice is yours.

My position remains the same I will accept your declaration but I do not have to believe it.

Quarrel no deh

I have results of MRI test to show for it. With a reliability of over 90%.

What evidence do you have to prove they are age cheats?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2018
Icon4s:

Chief is bringing your attention to the "sub-saharan, since you said negroids weren't included.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2018
komekn:

I read about this baseline data used to make the deductions about 4 years ago or possibly earlier.

The published research has been there for a quite some time but many have chosen to ignore it.
My theory is that African involvement in the research would have crashed the general numerical value which FIFA needed for integrity purposes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
goldfish80:

And for the uptheempt time, you're still quoting the FIFA sponsored research whose integrity have been called to question after Africans failed this test!

So where is the publication of the research of those who have questioned the integrity of the FIFA sponsored research?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
goldfish80:

My theory is that African involvement in the research would have crashed the general numerical value which FIFA needed for integrity purposes.

Your theory?

Please when and how did you carry out the research. We need to see it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4391) (4392) (4393) (4394) (4395) (4396) (4397) ... (16404) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mujtahida and 28 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.