Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,895 members, 7,872,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11988522 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4498) (4499) (4500) (4501) (4502) (4503) (4504) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:31am On Aug 06, 2018
Triniti:
Good luck mate, may God guide you in this quest you are about to embark on. Make sure you go with a sound, strong 4x4

Actually it's not that deep people go with Nissan Micra all the way to Cameroon.

The riskiest part of the journey is Nigeria not Morocco, Mauritania, Mali, Senegal, or Burkina Faso of even Ghana.

Will for security sake prefer a non Japanese 4x4 just too popular and attractive to thieves when you get close to Nigeria.

Apart from Nigeria in all the other countries it is normal to drive through the night.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:59am On Aug 06, 2018
rabzy:

I don't think you get what he is saying, suffering Nigerians don't even have the cash to go thru the Libyan route. Like the lady you mentioned, how long will it take her to raise 1.5m to travel. Suffering Nigerians are mothers who have to sell pure water to send one child to school and lease out 2 to middle class families so that they won't all die. Suffering Nigerians are those struggle with each other to carry your luggage at the bus stops for 100, boys that stand in the sun all day selling rat killers and fake belts. None of these people can raise 1m. If you can raise 2m to travel out, you just want something better. There are graduates who go from Agege to VI and earns 50k monthly. I can tell you that if you give any of these people 1.5m, spending it on travelling out will be way down their thoughts.

A few years ago I went Spain in route to Morocco to dissuade Africans including Nigerians not to take this perilous route to the non existent Eldorado of riches in Europe.

This was before Gaddafi was overthrown.

This is what's happening now. Girls leave Nigeria get to Agadez in Niger with little or no money, it's quite cheap from the Northern states.

On arrival in Agadez they prostitute themselves for pennies after a few months they father enough monitor pay for transport. They go to Sabha in Libya if they survive they journey the car didnt break down or the didn't get abandoned in the desert or fall off the pick up trucks.

In Sabha they ate transferred to one of the militant groups essentially sold for nothing. From thier they work in the farms and or prostitute for the girls. Or if lucky are transferred to Benghazi, Misrata, Tripoli, etc

They are now enslaved and will need to work up to a year or more to get money to crosshead Mediterranean.

On the transit period the women will likely contract HIV and any signs of contention and you can be killed. Like chickens.

If you cross the Mediterranean and you don't drown when your shack Zodiac (large rubber dinghy) doesn't capsize or sink. Then you will be saved by European ships otherwise you will be caught by the Libyan coast guards.

You will begin a new faze of captivity in detention camp. Again with even more fear if you don't pay you will be killed.

So if desert no kill you, or Slave master no shoot you, then you no drown, yoi no enter detention camp, them thank God. For the ladies they will have been dehumanised with the most perverse sexual abuse. And 60% will be HIV positive.

That's the Libya Waka.

Is that what people pay money for

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:15am On Aug 06, 2018
Please what time is the NGR vs GER match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2018
COOL10:
Please what time is the NGR vs GER match?

12:30
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:32am On Aug 06, 2018
komekn:

That segment you describe is the exception and not the generality of people wilfully putting themselves into slavery and then playing lottery with thier lives to cross the Mediterranean Sea.

People buy into hope if you destroy thier hope you have destroyed thier lives.

Why do you think our churches are full of people They have bought into the hope, in most cases misguided prosperity ministry and not the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am from Edo. The capital of people climbing boat to europe.. It is not an exception. A good percentage of the people who go through the mediterranean are not the poorest in society. They just have false illusions of Europe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:35am On Aug 06, 2018
komekn:

I can contradict that because I know someone with a first class law degree with three years post qualification experience in the UK from a Russell group university who did an internship in a law firm possibly a top 4 firm. It was on broad Street Lagos.

They were offered 250k a month but declined and returned back to the UK.

However, that could be the exception.

That is an exception. Foreign experience.

An average lawyer earns peanuts. It gets better, the more experienced your are. You can start your own practise.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:57am On Aug 06, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

12:30
. Thank you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 11:59am On Aug 06, 2018
I saw this article on main page. But the first comment got me pondering.

https://www.nairaland.com/4659251/jim-nwobodo-what-abacha-did

Jim Nwobodo, a former old Anambra governor, has revealed some events that happened during the Atlanta 1996 Olympics.

A former governor of old Anambra State, Chief Jim Nwobodo, relives the victory of the Super Eagles in Atlanta Olympics of 1996 and how he saved Kanu Nwankwo from Coach Westerhof.
The Super Eagles won the gold medal in the Atlanta Olympics in 1996 when you were the Sports Minister.

Can you share with us the story of what happened then?
They (Super Eagles) beat Japan, beat Brazil and also beat other big teams. That was the time we had wonderful players. You can only know the best team when they go out of the country and play the best teams in the world. Mikel Obi is playing in China and there are other young boys like Alex Iwobi, Ahmed Musa, Kelechi Iheanacho and many others.

There is one thing I like about Nigerian football. Nigerians are football lovers, there is no doubt about that and football has the ability to unite Nigerians.
I remember very well the 1996 event when we played in Atlanta Olympics. Nigeria was a pariah nation. The day we reached the climax was the day Nigeria met Brazil. We had a very strong team, those who were determined to do their best to make Nigeria proud.

Two things happened that day. We got into the field and, in the first half, they (Brazil) were leading Nigeria by 3-1. I sat by the side of then – FIFA President, Joao Havelange, a Brazilian lawyer, businessman and athlete who served as the 7th FIFA President from 1974 to 1998 and I told him we will beat Brazil and he started laughing because we were two goals down.

Half time break pep talk
During the half time break, I went to our boys in the dressing room and called them one by one, starting with Sunday Oliseh, then Daniel Omokachi, Kanu Nwankwo, Jay Jay Okocha, Victor Ikpeba, Celestine Babayaro and others. I urged them not to disgrace me and Nigerians and they assured me that they will beat Brazil. I then called the coach, Clemens Westerhof, who complained that Kanu was not playing well and that he would remove him.

I ordered him not to remove the young man. I threatened to sack him if he removed Kanu. He complied with my order and allowed Kanu to play in the second half. In the second half, Okocha scored the second goal, making it 2-3; another goal was scored by Kanu to make it 3-3 and second half ended. In the extra time, we had what is called the golden goal then and, five minutes after, Kanu scored the golden goal and the match ended. Everyone was surprised but God was at work and I heard Him (God) when I said Kanu should not be removed.

Kanu became the man of the match. We were excited and many whites and many Africans, who did not know about the Dream Team, started painting themselves in green white green. I was also told that families that were not in talking terms for ten years reconciled because of that match.

Sweet victory
Then – Head of State, General Sani Abacha, who was not in the habit of answering telephone calls, called almost all of us, including my wife. He did not stop there. He had to wait for us alongside some state governors for two days under the rain at the City Gate, Abuja when we returned to Nigeria and that was what that victory did to Nigeria. What a sweet victory!

The second thing that happened was that Chioma Ajunwa told me that she and other Nigerian athletes were yet to be paid their 300 dollars per day on the day she would compete. I saw reason with her but I told her it was a very small amount. I promised her that I will give her 10,000 dollars if she won a gold medal, she was shocked. I advised her to go for the long jump if she was good at that. Her first jump earned her gold medal for Nigeria and I gave her 10,000 dollars. This thing is about leadership and encouraging people around you.

So, sport, in itself, is something that, if properly developed, will bring the country together. Look at what sport is doing in the world today. If you are a sports administrator, you are known all over the world. FIFA President is bigger that any President in the world. My worry is that Nigeria has not given proper attention to sports.
What is your rating of journalists in Nigeria?
Nigeria has the freest press in the world; journalists write anything and get away with it and they hold people accountable and nobody can fight them. In Nigeria, I can say that we have a very free and strong press. I really don’t see anything wrong with what they are doing, except that they should always get their facts right.

What is your take on employers owing workers?
Any employer that owes his workers should not expect them to be loyal to him. Such could expose workers to temptation because they have to take care of themselves and their families. It is not good to owe your workers; whether they are journalists, footballers, civil servants, you don’t need to owe them. Workers deserve their wages. So it is not good at all. You should do everything possible not to owe your workers.

What about state governments owing workers?
I mean it’s unfair. It is ungodly and unchristian. If you don’t pay workers, what do you want them to do? In fact, when I was governor, I didn’t have anything as salary arrears. Throughout my stay in Government House, I never owed anybody for one month because one thing you do as a leader is to pay your workers before any other thing. That is the first charge and, from there, you motivate them to work harder.

So, any governor that owes workers for months is not fit to be a governor. Although, some governors have said that the problem about payment of salaries stems from the many problems confronting them, that argument does not hold water because you can still sit down and arrange your budget to make the recurrent less than the capital. You give capital budget priority over recurrent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 12:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
komekn:

WHAT SHOCKED TO MY BONE MARROW.

Actually she told me 40k so I assumed she had exaggerated the situation and so not to be seen to be biased. I added another 20k.

Can you please tell me how somebody will live on 40k a month. Because I am UTTERLY CONFUSED.

And we have the highest paid legislators in the world.

A 40k earner is very lucky. I know teachers who earn 10-15k per month. And I'm not exaggerating.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2018
M7even:

Jim Nwobodo, a former old Anambra governor, has revealed some events that happened during the Atlanta 1996 Olympics.

A former governor of old Anambra State, Chief Jim Nwobodo, relives the victory of the Super Eagles in Atlanta Olympics of 1996 and how he saved Kanu Nwankwo from Coach Westerhof.
The Super Eagles won the gold medal in the Atlanta Olympics in 1996 when you were the Sports Minister.

They (Super Eagles) beat Japan, beat Brazil and also beat other big teams. That was the time we had wonderful players. You can only know the best team when they go out of the country and play the best teams in the world. Mikel Obi is playing in China and there are other young boys like Alex Iwobi, Ahmed Musa, Kelechi Iheanacho and many others.

There is one thing I like about Nigerian football. Nigerians are football lovers, there is no doubt about that and football has the ability to unite Nigerians.
I remember very well the 1996 event when we played in Atlanta Olympics. Nigeria was a pariah nation. The day we reached the climax was the day Nigeria met Brazil. We had a very strong team, those who were determined to do their best to make Nigeria proud.

Two things happened that day. We got into the field and, in the first half, they (Brazil) were leading Nigeria by 3-1. I sat by the side of then – FIFA President, Joao Havelange, a Brazilian lawyer, businessman and athlete who served as the 7th FIFA President from 1974 to 1998 and I told him we will beat Brazil and he started laughing because we were two goals down.

Half time break pep talk
During the half time break, I went to our boys in the dressing room and called them one by one, starting with Sunday Oliseh, then Daniel Omokachi, Kanu Nwankwo, Jay Jay Okocha, Victor Ikpeba, Celestine Babayaro and others. I urged them not to disgrace me and Nigerians and they assured me that they will beat Brazil. I then called the coach, Clemens Westerhof, who complained that Kanu was not playing well and that he would remove him.

I ordered him not to remove the young man. I threatened to sack him if he removed Kanu. He complied with my order and allowed Kanu to play in the second half. In the second half, Okocha scored the second goal, making it 2-3; another goal was scored by Kanu to make it 3-3 and second half ended. In the extra time, we had what is called the golden goal then and, five minutes after, Kanu scored the golden goal and the match ended. Everyone was surprised but God was at work and I heard Him (God) when I said Kanu should not be removed.

Kanu became the man of the match. We were excited and many whites and many Africans, who did not know about the Dream Team, started painting themselves in green white green. I was also told that families that were not in talking terms for ten years reconciled because of that match.

Sweet victory
Then – Head of State, General Sani Abacha, who was not in the habit of answering telephone calls, called almost all of us, including my wife. He did not stop there. He had to wait for us alongside some state governors for two days under the rain at the City Gate, Abuja when we returned to Nigeria and that was what that victory did to Nigeria. What a sweet victory!

The second thing that happened was that Chioma Ajunwa told me that she and other Nigerian athletes were yet to be paid their 300 dollars per day on the day she would compete. I saw reason with her but I told her it was a very small amount. I promised her that I will give her 10,000 dollars if she won a gold medal, she was shocked. I advised her to go for the long jump if she was good at that. Her first jump earned her gold medal for Nigeria and I gave her 10,000 dollars. This thing is about leadership and encouraging people around you.

So, sport, in itself, is something that, if properly developed, will bring the country together. Look at what sport is doing in the world today. If you are a sports administrator, you are known all over the world. FIFA President is bigger that any President in the world. My worry is that Nigeria has not given proper attention to sports.
Nigeria has the freest press in the world; journalists write anything and get away with it and they hold people accountable and nobody can fight them. In Nigeria, I can say that we have a very free and strong press. I really don’t see anything wrong with what they are doing, except that they should always get their facts right.

Any employer that owes his workers should not expect them to be loyal to him. Such could expose workers to temptation because they have to take care of themselves and their families. It is not good to owe your workers; whether they are journalists, footballers, civil servants, you don’t need to owe them. Workers deserve their wages. So it is not good at all. You should do everything possible not to owe your workers.

I mean it’s unfair. It is ungodly and unchristian. If you don’t pay workers, what do you want them to do? In fact, when I was governor, I didn’t have anything as salary arrears. Throughout my stay in Government House, I never owed anybody for one month because one thing you do as a leader is to pay your workers before any other thing. That is the first charge and, from there, you motivate them to work harder.

So, any governor that owes workers for months is not fit to be a governor. Although, some governors have said that the problem about payment of salaries stems from the many problems confronting them, that argument does not hold water because you can still sit down and arrange your budget to make the recurrent less than the capital. You give capital budget priority over recurrent.
This Stadium generator thieving onye iberibe must be high on that strong weed.
He shouldn't be taking drugs at his age...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
It is official... Five year deal and the no.10 for Samuel Kalu

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
M7even:

Half time break pep talk

Sweet victory

Westerhof was not the coach in Atlanta 96, Joe Bonfere was the coach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nigerian players transfer business so far this summer- Part 1

Goalkeepers:

David Nwokolor (HNK Rijeka, Croatia on loan to SKF Served, Slovakia).

Detan Ogundare, Flying Eagles Goalie (Kogi Utd, Nigeria to FK Shkupi, Macedonia).

Edward Ogbebor-Onaiwu (AFC Wimbledon, England.. terminated contract and joined new club on free transfer terms... To... Stevenage, England).

Dele Aiyenugba (Hapoel Ashkelon, Israel to Hapoel Iksal -One year deal)

Defenders:

Leon Balogun (Mainz 05, Germany to Brighton Hove and Albion, England).

Brian Idowu (Amkar Perm, Russia to Locomotiv Moscow, Russia).

Musa Mohammed (Istanbul baseksehir, Turkey to HNK Gorica, Croatia).

Midhat Bajric (Nuremberg, Germany to TSG Hoffenheim, Germany)

Niyi Scholten (Ajax Armsterdam, Holland U-17s to Vitesse Arnhem, Holland Youth).

Stanley Amuzie (Sampdoria, Italy to FC Lugano, Switzerland).

Marc Bola (Formerly of Arsenal Youth, Free transfer to Blackpool, England).

Kimberly Ezekwem (FC Bayern Munich, Germany to SC Freiburg, Germany)

Aliyu Abubakar (PS Kemi, Finland to FC Slutsk, Belarus)

Tosin Adarabioyo (Manchester City, England on season long loan to West Bromwich Albion, England)

Tayo Edun- LB, can also play DM (Fulham, England on season long loan to Ipswich Town, England)

Midfielders:

Oghenekaro Etebo (CD Feirense, Portugal to Stoke City, England).

Kelechi Nwakali (Arsenal, England on season long loan to FC Porto, Portugal- to start out with Porto B).

Alhassan Abdullahi "MuaZam" (Austria Vienna, Austria to CD Nacional, Portugal)).

Keanan Bennetts (Tottenham, England to Borussia Mochengladbach, Germany) **versatile and can play at LB too.

Noni Madueke (Tottenham Youth, England to PSV Eindhoven Youth - U-17s, Holland)

Hope Akpan (Burton Albion, England to Bradford City, England).

Tosin Kehinde (Manchester Utd _U-23s, England to CD Feirense, Portugal).

Gavi Thompson (signed to Stumbras, Lithuania).

Ryan Sanusi (Sparta Rotterdam, Holland to Grenoble, France: He had the best tackling stats in the Dutch eredivisie for the 2017/2018 season).

Obiora Nwankwo (Last club: Apo Levadiakos, Greece Free transfer to Boavista FC, Portugal).

Alhassan Yusuf (FC Hearts, Nigeria to IFK Goteborg, Sweden)

John Chibuike (Samsunspor, Turkey free transfer to FC Irtysh Pavlodar, Kazakhstan).

Forwards:

Olarenwaju Kayode (Man City. England to Shahktar Donetsk, Ukraine).

Taiwo Awoniyi (Liverpool, England on season long loan to KAA Gent, Belgium).

Ahmed Musa (Leicester City FC, England to Al-Nassr, Saudi Arabia)

Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium to Levante, Spain).

Samuel Kalu (KAA Gent, Belgium to Girondins Bordeaux, France)

Arnaut Groeneveld Danjuma- also strives as wingback (NEC Nijmegen, Holland to Club Brugge, Belgium)

Peter Olayinka (KAA Gent, Belgium to SK Slavia Prague, Czech Rep.)

Nazifi Yahaya (Kano Pillars, Nigeria to Brondby, Denmark).

Bright Osagie Edomwonyi (Rizespor, Turkey to Austria Vienna aka Austria Wien, Austria)

Babajide David Akintola (FC Midtjylland, Denmark on loan to FK Haugesund, Norway)

Sammy Ameobi (Renewed contract and extended stay at Bolton Wanderers).

Sadiq Umar (AS Roma, Italy on season long loan to Glasgow Rangers, Scotland).

Henry Onyekuru (Everton, England on season long loan to Galatasaray, Turkey)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nigerian players transfer business so far this summer-Part 2

Forwards

Hillary Gong (AS Trencin, Slovakia To Vitesse Arnhem, Holland).

Habeeb Adelakun (Scunthorpe Utd, England to Bristol City, England).

Armstrong Oko-flex - LW, RW, CF (Arsenal To Celtic).

Anthony Okpotu (Lobi Stars, Nigeria to Difaa El-Jadida, Morocco).

Osayemen Osawe - CF (FC Kaiserlautern, Germany to FC Ingolstadt, Germany).

Festy Ebosele - FW (Bray Wanderers to Derby County, England).

Joel Asoro (Sunderland FC, England to Swansea City FC, England).

David Osaretin Agbontohoma (Arsenal FC, England to Southampton FC, England).

**Roland Idowu (To Southampton).

Chikeluba Ofoedu (Eskisehirspor, Turkey to Maccabi Tell Aviv, Israel).

Abiola Dauda (Atromitos, Greece Free Transfer to Giresunspor, Turkey).

Imoh Ezekiel (Formerly of UD Las Palmas, Spain.. Free transfer to KV Kortrijk, Belgium)

Moses Peter Eneji (Plateau utd, Nigeria to AS Trencin, Slovakia).

Yamen Tenton (Akwa Utd, Nigeria to AS Trencin, Slovakia).

Chisom Chikatara (Wydad Casablanca, Maroc to LB Chateauroux, France).

Aminu Umar (Osmanlispor, Turkey on season long loan to Caykur Rizespor, Turkey)

Blessing Eleke (FC Ashdod, Israel to FC Luzern, Switzerland).

Igwe Uzo (Gee-Lec Academy, Nigeria to Hapoel Ranana, Israel)

Fanendo Adi (Portland Timbers, USA to FC Cicinnati, USA)

Chuba Akpom (Arsenal, England to Paok Saloniki, Greece).

Taofiq Jibril (Vila Real, Portugal to Portimonense, Portugal)

Christian Pyagbara (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria to Avenir Sportif de Gabes, Tunisia)

Alhaji Gero (Ostersunds, Sweden to Esteghlal FC, Iran)

Others:

Michael Olakigbe (QPR to Fulham)

Ayo Tanimowo (Norwich City to Brighton Have and Albion)

Elijah Adebayo (Fulham sent on season long loan to Swindon Town)

Macaulay Chrisantus (Real Murcia, Spain to HJK Helsinki, Finland). FW

Okiki Afolabi, formerly of Sunshine stars (Jimma ABA Jiffar, Ethiopia to Ismaily SC, Egypt). FW

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2018
Sir Terzurum5.... I can see that the title of the thread has been altered. Now it just reads "Afcon 2019".....

One question: After Afcon 2019 is done and dusted, will you again alter the thread title to Afcon 2021 or even Olympics 2020?

This thread was originally set out to cover all the events and stories and discussions surrounding our build up to Russia 2018 and Afcon 2019 so altering the thread name will only act to confuse folks the more. This thread is meant to end with Afcon 2019 no matter how big it has gotten just like how the previous thread ended with Afcon 2017 failed qualification. The threads we open are like Chronicles and archives of information that document our football stories and more and thus must be properly defined by specificity of threads created for a period.

And also, I wanna ask why you bowed to the pressure from Dad Icon4s to remove the phrase, "Dawn of a new era"... Or is it because we lost out in Russia??

Look, before the brightest Dawn is always the Dark nights... The darkness of the night is always thickest before the brightest Dawn... Our experience in Russia is a seed sown for this young team. I always said it was gonna be our BAPTISM of fire on the international stage. We have a team on the rise and more quality young talents are sprouting up in our football. Just take a look at Kalu's move for instance... You cannot deny the fact that a new dawn is coming. Even a goal.com article lists K.Nwakali as one of the young players of today's game to watch out for in Qatar 2022 (if we get there... But I know we will qualify). A new era is coming and Russia 2018 should not blind us to that fact... Maturity takes time and four years is more than enough. Afcon 2019 will show how much this team have truly grown post-Russia so please buckle up and get ready... A new era in Nigerian football is indeed close.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

This is the kind of move I want for our players,French league,Epl, la liga ,Seria A

Not someone with potential moving to Czech Republic.

Please Samuel kalu make us proud,you replaced Malcom who joined Barca,if Malcom can do it you can

Make a move to a top team in 2 years time

Assist king Samuel kalu please continue your good form

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Oh been a while � nerd. Good to have u. Missed u here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 1:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
andrew444:

This is the kind of move I want for our players,French league,Epl, la liga ,Seria A

Not someone with potential moving to Czech Republic.

Please Samuel kalu make us proud,you replaced Malcom who joined Barca,if Malcom can do it you can

Make a move to a top team in 2 years time

Assist king Samuel kalu please continue your good form

He speaks french...it would be faster....Il est genial....Another Findi...after 10 years of waiting

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:22pm On Aug 06, 2018
goldfish80:

Hosting world cups is not just about stadia. The logistics to cater for tourists and visitors is even more important than your beautiful stadia.
For instance, each hosting city will need atleast 30 thousand standard hotel rooms! Can Plateau state, Awka Ibom or Taraba offer this nunber of standard hotel rooms?
How about constant power? Can your country commit to producing constant power for the 1 month tournament?
How about transportation? How good are your inter state roads? Are your trains working? How many decent airports can you boast of in the entire country?
I won't even mention security and about $30B in liquid cash needed to finance the entire project. As it stands, I will be surprised if Nigeria's external foreign reserve is up to $30B.
Hopefully, in 60yrs time, Nigeria will be ready but as it stands. We have ZERO chance!

But it's the first criterion that determines hosting FIFA world cup. Abi na hotel and light dem go take play football? grin

How many 30,000 standard rooms did Jeju or Suwon have before they hosted the world cup? grin

Why must Akwa Ibom and Plateau state need 30,000 world class hotel rooms? grin

Are they hosting the opening ceremony or the final match?

Are 30,000 foreigners coming to watch group stage matches in Uyo and Job? shocked grin

Abi na hotel their residents go go rent because of world cup?

I don't think they need up to that amount of hotel rooms because the venue are only to host group stage and second round matches, and we know most fans will be from the teams playing in those cities.

We also know that there are certain numbers of tickets allocated to each teams and the host city which favours the host city. Even some teams fans no dey reach 6 while some may reach 3,000. grin Out of which many comes with their family, friend or colleague. Meaning they have to share rooms which reduces the numbers of rooms by half.

However, If that be the case then I am sure Akwa Ibom can host 5,000 fans comfortably in their hotels.

Currently, they have more than 2,000 hotel rooms which more than half have world class rooms. Fact

I use to know about Jos hotels but I will leave that to those in Jos to answer you.

Beside these two places, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Lagos, Ibadan, Enugu, Kano etc have good hotels that can host fans.

In regards to light, generator don't finish for market?

Are the stadiums, Hotels, restaurants, etc relying on NEPA? shocked grin

How did we host the other FIFA competitions without light issues?

On transportation, roads from Lagos to East - Port Harcourt are good. The bad part along Ore to Shagamu is under construction. From Lagos to Ibadan is also under construction.

Abuja to Kaduna by train is functioning while train from Lagos to Kaduna is underconstruction.

There is remodeling and reconstruction of airports in major cities.

We don't need $30b Nada because most of these projects are already ongoing. Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
Who's watching the Nigeria vs Germany match. One would think the Nigeria coach is the commentator of the game grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 1:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
Abusule007:
Who's watching the Nigeria vs Germany match. One would think the Nigeria coach is the commentator of the game grin
Yep
He’s been quite the vocal manager cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 1:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
Abusule007:

Hold it a bit...pass to her now...look back....somebody is coming behind you....slow down grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 1:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
Abusule007:

Relax! Chase am! Shoot! No free man!

He is making more noise than the whole stadium

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
Those german girls are pressing hard on Nigeria players. I doubt if they can keep up that high tempo for 90mins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
Earthquake1:

Relax! Chase am! Shoot! No free man!

He is making more noise than the whole stadium
No let am dribble you, no let am dribble you grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
Who has noticed we have never won a match with our all green jersey?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2018
Germany missed a glorious opportunity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel27: 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
Sorry to derail but I just think you guys need to see this. I made this post a few hours before the Argentina match.

We may choose to pretend but the fact is that Rohr is very tactically incompetent. #SackRohr.

Curtisaxel27:
Can somebody explain to me why Idowu was picked ahead of Ebuehi?.

It is clear to the blind that Ebuehi trumps Idowu in EVERY aspect.

Honestly, I feel like slapping that fool of a German coach.

If we lose today, I place the blame on Rohr, the white Onigbinde.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
forgiveness:

But it's the first criterion that determines hosting FIFA world cup. Abi na hotel and light dem go take play football? grin

How many 30,000 standard rooms did Jeju or Suwon have before they hosted the world cup? grin

Why must Akwa Ibom and Plateau state need 30,000 world class hotel rooms? grin

Are they hosting the opening ceremony or the final match?

Are 30,000 foreigners coming to watch group stage matches in Uyo and Job? shocked grin

Abi na hotel their residents go go rent because of world cup?

I don't think they need up to that amount of hotel rooms because the venue are only to host group stage and second round matches, and we know most fans will be from the teams playing in those cities.

We also know that there are certain numbers of tickets allocated to each teams and the host city which favours the host city. Even some teams fans no dey reach 6 while some may reach 3,000. grin Out of which many comes with their family, friend or colleague. Meaning they have to share rooms which reduces the numbers of rooms by half.

However, If that be the case then I am sure Akwa Ibom can host 5,000 fans comfortably in their hotels. Currently, they have more than 2,000 hotel rooms with more than half having world class hotels. Fact

I use to know about Jos hotels but I will leave that to those in Jos to answer you.

Beside these two places, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Lagos, Ibadan, Enugu, Kano etc have good hotels that can host fans.

In regards to light, generator don't finish for market?

Are the stadiums, Hotels, restaurants, etc relying on NEPA? shocked grin

How did we host the other FIFA competitions without light issues?

On transportation, roads from Lagos to East - Port Harcourt are good. The bad part along Ore to Shagamu is under construction. From Lagos to Ibadan is also under construction.

Abuja to Kaduna by train is functioning while train from Lagos to Kaduna is underconstruction.

There is remodeling and reconstruction of airports in major cities.

We don't need $30b Nada because most of these projects are already ongoing. Gbam!

Maybe you didn't realize the last world cup in Russia, countries like Peru, Colombia and Argentina had as much as 40-50k fans per game, present in the stadium.
Where will those teaming number of fans stay? You expect them to sleep in the stadium?
If hosting world cups was all about having stadium, even Equatorial Guinea can comfortably host the world cup.
Devote your time in doing a little bit of research before you engage in some debates. It makes it easier for everyone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nigeria 1-0 Poland. tongue

Earthquake1:
Who has noticed we have never won a match with our all green jersey?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
M7even:

Oh been a while � nerd. Good to have u. Missed u here

Awwwwwwwwn.... It's alright buddy. But not fully back for good shaa... Just checking in temporarily...

But right now, at this moment.. I am right here... cool Have a hug man...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel27: 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
Germany don score. Pity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4498) (4499) (4500) (4501) (4502) (4503) (4504) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.