Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,342 members, 7,894,481 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 10:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12109227 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4619) (4620) (4621) (4622) (4623) (4624) (4625) ... (16446) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
Joebie:
Ah ah.

lol.....Joebie just face your front

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rainbow333(m): 10:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
*Watch to the end*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RV2ODMsR_8
*Watch till the end*�
Watch this funny comedy video(warri people are something else��)
Fine out why I said so by clicking on this link��

*WATCH & SHARE* �And Subscribe too����
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2018
Vardy has retired from the national team to focus on club football cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2018
forgiveness:

I don't know why you like bringing people down. You know what I mean.

How can Reims who is occupying the sixth position in the Ligue 1 be fighting relegation?

Just as Watford is forth in the Epl grin grin

Where was Reims last season? Be rational for once
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:12pm On Aug 30, 2018
Earthquake1:
nothing much to do for them anymore
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2018
Earthquake1:

Wow! Now this creates chance for the England coach to look at another striker (a young one), say Solanke or Tammy.

I know some people wont like this grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:17pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

Just as Watford is forth in the Epl grin grin

Where was Reims last season? Be rational for once

Was Reims fighting relegation last season? Yes or no

Is Reims fighting relegation this season? Yes or no

Tribalism has eaten deeply into your reasoning that you can't make a rational statement deviod of subjective reasoning.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rainbow333(m): 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2018

*Watch till the end*�
Watch this funny comedy video(warri people are something else��)
Fine out why I said so by clicking on this link��

*WATCH & SHARE* �And Subscribe too����
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2018
forgiveness:

Was Reims fighting relegation last season? Yes or no

Is Reims fighting relegation this season? Yes or no

Tribalism has eaten deeply into your reasoning that you can't make a rational statement deviod of subjective reasoning.

Lol ur love rates the championship higher than the lower part of ligue1, that was what prompted the question. So is the championship better than the lower part of ligue1 where Reims belong? Yes or no grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

Wow! Now this creates chance for the England coach to look at another striker (a young one), say Solanke or Tammy.

I know some people wont like this grin grin
nah, those ones are only good for Nigeria. Southgate is not likely to look their way especially as their potency is incredibly low these days
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:34pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol ur love rates the championship higher than the lower part of ligue1, that was what prompted the question. So is the championship better than the lower part of ligue1 where Reims belong? Yes or no grin grin

You be gay? shocked which one kon be love kwa?

Is Reims fighting relegation this season? Yes or no. Answer

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:37pm On Aug 30, 2018
safarigirl:
nah, those ones are only good for Nigeria. Southgate is not likely to look their way especially as their potency is incredibly low these days

This table you are shaking, my hand no dey ooo grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:50pm On Aug 30, 2018
Kalu destroys his old club, Gent in the Europa league qualifiers. Dude won another penalty today. He and Kamano are the owners of Bordeaux. My boy is super talented

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Farzat: 11:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

What a thoughtless utter crap of a post. This is more or less the most preposterous of posts I have read here since today.

Only because it didnt come from you. Why not counter it witj superior stats rather than coming here to express your fraustration. The earlier u realize that your opinion in this forumn is just for fun d better u respect other pples opinion. Trying to be too important in a faceless forumn is d most stupid thing any man can do

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
Guinnea is silently building something down town.

Some of their recently completed projects are looking awesome;

Kamano (bordeaux ), Naby Keita (Liverpool), Amadou Diawara (Napoli), Jules Keita (Dijon), Bouna Sarr (OM) et al

If u think Nigeria is the only team popping with talents in Africa now, then u are on a long thing.

U also need to see ivory coast and malian newly completed projects.

I dare to say AFCON 2019 go be the best and the most competitive ever because there seems to be no minnows anymore, and I pray Morocco hosts instead of Cameroun.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:06am On Aug 31, 2018
I can see that a lot of people aren't happy with Nwakali invitation..
Personally, I think he hasn't done anything of note to deserve a call up ahead of other players. But there's no need to make a big deal out of it.. His invitation might just b to satisfy the call of Nigerians for him to be invited after that Atletico friendly.. He might not even feature in the matches.. But if he does and prove himself good, I.see no reason why he shouldn't be called up again even if he is still with Porto B...After all Iwobi was still with the arsenal academy when he got his first call up..

Its just like Safarigirl will say " Club performance will earn u a national team call up, but it's ur national team performance that will keep u in the NT"

o pari

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 31, 2018
Na so people go dey dey form wetin dem be and no be for faceless forum because of something they can't changr grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:52am On Aug 31, 2018
ChrisKels:

Yet u come here to argue all the time? Dude u dun finally open ur yansh for all to see grin grin

Lol

You don ever see me argue about Sunday Olise team or not ?

No b 2015 /2016 him coach naija ? Very short tenure with nothing to write about,we no even qualify for ordinary afcon,him no even complete him tenure before siasia continue for am

I will keep on arguing what I know about football

I am not just a super eagles fan but a football fan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:58am On Aug 31, 2018
ChrisKels:

When are u gonna stop embarrassing urself here? Where did u get this crap u vormitted here, from? Are u sure u know Syl Igbonu?

You are the person embarrassing your self because you are so dumb man

Igboun plays from the flank and also play Attacking Midfield most times,but mostly from the left flank,what is there that you can't understand ?

Or to talk nonsense just dey hungry you ?

I don't talk what I don't know because I am not empty headed like you.

Igboun has even played as a central forward few times,seems you said I don't know about him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 7:34am On Aug 31, 2018
Onyekuru made the team of the Week. I really want to see him shine in the Champions League.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 31, 2018
Seeing Onyekuru shine in the Champions League would be the highlight of my year in terms of Naija football. This could be a breakthrough for us.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:04am On Aug 31, 2018
The NPFL has just declared Lobi stars League champions after just 24 matches out of 38.

What a joke of a league. I finally give up on their matter.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 10:15am On Aug 31, 2018
Icon4s:
The NPFL has just declared Lobi stars League champions after just 24 matches out of 38.

I think you should blame Giwa. The NPFL needs to submit the names of the teams participating in CAF competitions by October 15th. Even playing two matches a week there's no way they can meet up. I would have suggested they play a few more games, but it still would not add up to 38.
They also had a meeting with all the teams so I think majority of them must have agreed with this decision.
Someone here essentially called Giwa a hero, look what the hero has done.
Going forward they might as well finish the Aieto Cup and start a new season in a few weeks. At least our calendar will be better aligned to most of Europe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 31, 2018
Icon4s:

hahahahahahah grin angry grin angry angry

Even Afghanistan league is much better than this grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:25am On Aug 31, 2018
DrLikita12:

I think you should blame Giwa. The NPFL needs to submit the names of the teams participating in CAF competitions by October 15th. Even playing two matches a week there's no way they can meet up. I would have suggested they play a few more games, but it still would not add up to 38.
They also had a meeting with all the teams so I think majority of them must have agreed with this decision.

Now the issue still is why would they always start the league late all the time. Serious leagues all over the world end before the Summer break.

OK watch out and see, rather than to start a new season in earnest they will remain inactive till February next year.

And what happens to the NNL? Are they also going to end abruptly so that they can immediately promote the top 4 teams in case the NPFL would want to start a new season immediately? Cos the new NPFL season cannot start without the newly promoted teams from the NNL.

I really feel sorry for those 4 teams that will be relegated. They probably thought they had 14 games to fight for and remain in contention.

This is a record breaking mess. Unheard of anywhere in the world.

And as for that man called Giwa and his scout master Dalung. May the God of Nigerian soccer judge them both.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:31am On Aug 31, 2018
tbaba1234:

Igboun is playing on the left for his club..

These are the options that already can play on the left for Nigeria.

Iwobi
Etebo
Musa
S.Moses
Onyekuru
Kalu
Isaac Success
Bonaventure

It is a competitive position.

I thought Bonaventure is a striker while Kalu is a right winger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2018
Icon4s:

Say whaaaat?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 10:52am On Aug 31, 2018
Icon4s:

Now the issue still is why would they always start the league late all the time. Serious leagues all over the world end before the Summer break.

OK watch out and see, rather than to start a new season in earnest they will remain inactive till February next year.

And what happens to the NNL? Are they also going to end abruptly so that they can immediately promote the top 4 teams in case the NPFL would want to start a new season immediately? Cos the new NPFL season cannot start without the newly promoted teams from the NNL.

I really feel sorry for those 4 teams that will be relegated. They probably thought they had 14 games to fight for and remain in contention.

And as for that man called Giwa and his scout master Dalung. May the God of Nigerian soccer judge them both.

Reports in some quarters has it that no team would be relegated for the 2017/2018 season. Four clubs will be promoted from the second-tier, Bet9ja Nigeria National League to form a 24-team 2018/19 season, which will be abridged into two groups of 12 clubs each.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:08am On Aug 31, 2018
DrLikita12:

Someone here essentially called Giwa a hero, look what the hero has done.
Going forward they might as well finish the Aieto Cup and start a new season in a few weeks. At least our calendar will be better aligned to most of Europe.

My good doctor I don't agree, why on earth did we have a world cup break? I am sure Enyimba were not going to miss Ezenwa that much that a whole league should be shutdown. Now they are telling us that the league has ended because bla bla bla and all of it amounts to utter stewpidity and incompetence. We have till October 15 then why not shorten the amounts of games you need to play instead of embarrassing us like this? There are people like myself who actually spend their time and money to support these clubs and this is a slap on all our faces. If this judgment stands I will find it hard to take Nigerian football serious again but I am sure it wont with one Ifeanyi Ubah FC part of the relegated sides.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 11:08am On Aug 31, 2018
Icon4s:

Expect alot corruption in both the nnl and npfl next season with 6 teams to be relegated and just 2 promoted. Very bad decisions from the club owners. I don't expect much from lobi stars next in d champions league. What of the aiteo cup will that be completed as well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 11:12am On Aug 31, 2018
What on earth happened.to FC Ifeanyi Uba from continental position to relegation shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 11:18am On Aug 31, 2018
Icon4s:

No team will be relegated from what I understand. I read this off Pooja twitter. They will have an abridged league with 24 teams. The teams will be split in two and they will play 22 games each.
I'm not holding brief for them, just trying to understand the situation. I definitely think we can and should plan better.
The season will run from November 2018 to May 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (4619) (4620) (4621) (4622) (4623) (4624) (4625) ... (16446) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), Philosopher1979 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.