Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,961 members, 7,924,997 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 08:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12279147 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4719) (4720) (4721) (4722) (4723) (4724) (4725) ... (16530) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
SlayerForever:
[/s]

With all due respect Sir,if you're a man of good standing do not repeat this here again.

Why do you say that

Why not rubbish my assertion with a substantive approach not just emotional outbursts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2018
safarigirl:
I heard that he was suspended before he claimed he had left the group and there are. The question is why he is misbehaving, because there is even an audio clip that confirms Enyimba's stand

He felt his contract was to have run out with the ending of the NPFL season. All he did was give an interview, he didn't fight anybody. The situation could have been solved with better communication but this is no way to treat a guy who has spent 5 good years at a club. Do they want him to retire in Aba?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
komekn:

Why do you say that

Why not rubbish my assertion with a substantive approach not just emotional outbursts.

So in essence you want me to argue that people from the East are not diabolic. You want me,as a way to responding to your insult,to substantively prove beyond doubl to you that the Easterners are not fetish? Really? Here and now?

Please Sir,in the best of our football conversation here,I advice you keep the reservations you have about the Easterners close to your chest. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
SlayerForever:

So in essence you want me to argue that people from the East are not diabolic. You want me,as a way to responding to your insult,to substantively prove beyond doubl to you that the Easterners are not fetish? Really? Here and now?

Please Sir,in the best of our football conversation here,I advice you keep the reservations you have about the Easterners close to your chest. Thanks.

Is Echiejile from the East? I thought he is from Edo?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:36pm On Sep 14, 2018
safarigirl:
the level of ignorance in that post is nauseating

Komekn, please what do you mean by "the antics from that part of the country..."? What part of the country do you mean and what antics?

Across Nigeria there is great belief by many in the efficacy of "Juju" African science and if they do not believe there is a general fear and or reverence, i.e. it's not something to play with.

However, I find in Benin City and environs there is a greater widespread belief in these practices. Or maybe I could say open acceptance, fear, belief, etc Again these practices are not unique to Benin City and environs, it happens a lot in Delta too, it may just be they in Benin are more open about it.

I was involved with a Christian out reach group that engaged with people primarily from Benin, Edo state which took me across Europe and back to Benin City, where I lived for a period. The stories I was told as well as the things I witnessed personally would give some of you nightmares.

I could say a lot more but to what purpose. One thing I will say it's given me more courage, fearlessness, conviction as a Christian.

I could talk about former SE players who expressed thier misgivings and suspicions about certain players. But I will not.

However, to buttress my point I have been told about some Senegalese players in the EPL and some strange practices and rituals they have carried out. These reports were given by white players who have no idea whats going on. I know what those practices and or beliefs are.

Do I believe in them, NOT AT ALL, however that doesn't mean I'm ignorant to those who do.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
SlayerForever:

Your presumption in the negative expose you.

Although I do not know what you mean by your words in bold.

I refer you to the post I used to respond to Safarigirl hopefully that will answer your questions.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2018
tbaba1234:
Who do you support?

Maigari?? Seriously?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
Danielnino00:

Maigari??
Seriously?

don't be surprised if these nepotism ridden folks in power foist him as the NFF president....
him being a northerner I think a fulani

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
tbaba1234:
Who do you support?

Deep blue sea...

I don't want taiwo ogunjobi near nff.
Maigairi Don do am before.

I will definitely go for AmajuPinnick!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
amaju pinnick all the way!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
comodo:

Instead of telling us that Vicmo gambled, thinking that it will favour him. The amulet no catch Ekong & Balogun including Aina & Iwobi. The dude wants to make a return to SE. Sarri don use bench reset him brain sharpally. Take it or leave it National teams can increase a players worth like HBP
Lol that ANS guy na proper clown. I'm glad Vic Mo has changed his mind.
He's a very important player for us and we need dude's experience badly at the AFCON. Perform well and he puts himself in the shopping window.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
komekn:

Across Nigeria there is great belief by many in the efficacy of "Juju" African science and if they do not believe there is a general fear and or reverence, i.e. it's not something to play with.

However, I find in Benin City and environs there is a greater widespread belief in these practices. Or maybe I could say open acceptance, fear, belief, etc Again these practices are not unique to Benin City and environs, it happens a lot in Delta too, it may just be they in Benin are more open about it.

I was involved with a Christian out reach group that engaged with people primarily from Benin, Edo state which took me across Europe and back to Benin City, where I lived for a period. The stories I was told as well as the things I witnessed personally would give some of you nightmares.

I could say a lot more but to what purpose. One thing I will say it's given me more courage, fearlessness, conviction as a Christian.

I could talk about former SE players who expressed thier misgivings and suspicions about certain players. But I will not.

However, to buttress my point I have been told about some Senegalese players in the EPL and some strange practices and rituals they have carried out. These reports were given by white players who have no idea whats going on. I know what those practices and or beliefs are.

Do I believe in them, NOT AT ALL, however that doesn't mean I'm ignorant to those who do.

With due respect sir. this is bullshit..
U wanna tell us that u think Moses who lived most of his life in the UK was distancing himself from Echijele on the suspicion of juju? I thought Europeans don't believe that nonsense.
That report from ANS was total rubbish. u just picked on it cus u wanted to make a point. since Moses retired,u have been screaming that some people in the NFF forced him out.

And on a serious note if this juju nonsense is real,Africa would have won the world cup many times...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
Humility017:

don't be surprised if these nepotism ridden folks in power foist him as the NFF president....
him being a northerner I think a fulani

To be frank,I.fear the.same thing...

The recent feud between Pinnick and Dalung might just mane Dalung manipulate the while thing...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:22pm On Sep 14, 2018
Danielnino00:

With due respect sir. this is bullshit..
U wanna tell us that u think Moses who lived most of his life in the UK was distancing himself from Echijele on the suspicion of juju? I thought Europeans don't believe that nonsense.
That report from ANS was total rubbish. u just picked on it cus u wanted to make a point. since Moses retired,u have been screaming that some people in the NFF forced him out.

And on a serious note if this juju nonsense is real,Africa would have won the world cup many times...

I pick up on NOTHING.

My view is simple, it doesn't make rational sense for Moses to resign from the SE. Whatever his reasons are his statements don't add up.

He is clearly discontent but why Nobody really knows.

I was born in the UK came to Nigeria for the first time when I was 11 then left after high school to University in the UK.

I do not believe in Juju just like I don't believe in Satan that does not mean I don't know about his existence and the same thing goes for Juju.

Moses was born in Benin and left as a teenager aware and conversant with practices around him good and bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
Onyekuru came in as a second half substitute against Kasimpasa,scored a tap in...the ref blew offside....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:34am On Sep 15, 2018
komekn:

I pick up on NOTHING.

My view is simple, it doesn't make rational sense for Moses to resign from the SE. Whatever his reasons are his statements don't add up.

He is clearly discontent but why Nobody really knows.

I was born in the UK came to Nigeria for the first time when I was 11 then left after high school to University in the UK.

I do not believe in Juju just like I don't believe in Satan that does not mean I don't know about his existence and the same thing goes for Juju.

Moses was born in Benin and left as a teenager aware and conversant with practices around him good and bad.

Moses was never fully committed to the national team right from the start... everybody knows that... Whatever was causing him discomfort in the team is not really our business. his commitment is what matters. We hear stories of players having issue with their country FA all the time.. Somebody like Salah is currently at war with the Egyptian FA but he is still available for the team.
Moses never implied in his post that some people forced him to retire from the national team . it was his decision...

Stop making a big deal out of it

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 1:09am On Sep 15, 2018
komekn:

Your presumption in the negative expose you.

Although I do not know what you mean by your words in bold.

I refer you to the post I used to respond to Safarigirl hopefully that will answer your questions.

Okay.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 1:12am On Sep 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Is Echiejile from the East? I thought he is from Edo?
He is not from Edo State.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 1:22am On Sep 15, 2018
Godfrey Oboabona joins Croatian first tier side, HNK Gorica
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 1:28am On Sep 15, 2018
rorh do this rorh do that play that player play this player sack rorh he's rigid he's conservative blablablabla wet in happen sef
micah1122:
Can't gernot rohr try a 4-4-2 without a centre forward?
Atleast we can try a 4-4-2 formation dat av 2 attacking midfielders instead of 2 wingers,den we go with 2 forwards dat are fast nd can dribble,so dat dy can penetrate d defence frm d sides instead of d centre
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 1:37am On Sep 15, 2018
Super Eagle wannabe Nedum Onuaha refuses to extend contract with QPR, joins fellow Nigerian, Sunday Stephen at MLS side, Real Salt Lake City.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 15, 2018
SlayerForever:

He is from Edo State Confirmed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 4:01am On Sep 15, 2018
SlayerForever:

dont say what you don’t know. He is from Edo State Bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 15, 2018
isan:
rorh do this rorh do that play that player play this player sack rorh he's rigid he's conservative blablablabla wet in happen sef
bro am only stating my opinion,4-5-1 is not working too well for Nigeria,we saw wat belgium did against england wen d coach removed lukaku.
if we dnt av a centre forward to replace ighalo,den we can play without a centre forward
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:17am On Sep 15, 2018
Danielnino00:

The recent feud between Pinnick and Dalung might just mane Dalung manipulate the while thing...
My man NFF election is all about manipulation.

Amaju came in through manipulation and he must be on his toes to win again or else he lose out.

Go and ask Segun Odegbami about NFF election.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:35am On Sep 15, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Oga Icon4s why is your club like this na!! Mfon Udoh has served them well so why drag him through the mud like this? They did the same to Christian Obiozor now we don't know if the boy still plays football.

Alleged indisciplinary issues. But I must surely get to the root of the matter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:03am On Sep 15, 2018
Danielnino00:

you're right dalung enlightening the president that there is a fulani man amongst them contesting for the seat may easily pave way for maigari.
currently the president seems not to hide his nepotim tendencies....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:04am On Sep 15, 2018
kellycute:
dont say what you don’t know. He is from Edo State Bro

yeah sure...he is from edo state
likewise Ighalo, ebuehi, moses and success

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:05am On Sep 15, 2018
JoebieII:
Super Eagle wannabe Nedum Onuaha refuses to extend contract with QPR, joins fellow Nigerian, Sunday Stephen at MLS side, Real Salt Lake City.
good one....I wish him success in his quest to get 3 lions call up soon.
all the best bro

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:07am On Sep 15, 2018
edi287:

Lol that ANS guy na proper clown. I'm glad Vic Mo has changed his mind.
He's a very important player for us and we need dude's experience badly at the AFCON. Perform well and he puts himself in the shopping window.

Dude has retired for good.
please let's move on....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 7:12am On Sep 15, 2018
Truidstar:

He is from Edo State Confirmed.

He is from Anambra state,his full name is Uwa Elderson Echiejile, when did people from Edo state started bearing Igbo names, he was born and born and bred in Benin city,Edo state doesn't me he's from there

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 7:13am On Sep 15, 2018
Humility017:

yeah sure...he is from edo state
likewise Ighalo, ebuehi, moses and success

Ebuehi is Igbo from Abia state

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4719) (4720) (4721) (4722) (4723) (4724) (4725) ... (16530) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SamueItem337(m), sureleads, Philosopher1979, DrYa, M7even(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.