Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,543 members, 7,892,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 08:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4806) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12090596 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4803) (4804) (4805) (4806) (4807) (4808) (4809) ... (16441) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2018
forgiveness:

What else will you say? We are talking about independent observers, you are here talking about emotive prejudice sentimental biased observers. grin

The verdict has been given and still stands.

Is Iheanacho untouchable? It's like saying stop dragging Ighalo into SE matter. Double standard I guess.

nancho is miles ahead of Ighalo on the super eagles Jersey @ present now.
even a baby born yesterday will arrest to this...
both are not in same par.... nancho is way better than the striker who miss seaters...
even Isaac success should be played ahead of him.

please there is no double standard there....the only double stand is Ighalo continuous invitation to the super eagles....dude should be on a terminal leave by now.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2018
Humility017:

and where is the tega now?
why didn't rangers go for the tega who could barely play reasonable football last season....

you talk with both sides of your mouth sometimes....
if football was really devoid of politics, coach and management sentiments.... some of those players in the championship would have been in the epl and some epl players won't even have a look in.

sometimes good you reason holistically.....
I am so proud of what the young man has achieved thus far all the way from an unknow academy in Abuja straight to Italy and with a bronze medal laurel to his name....

There are lots of emotive prejudice and false informations thrown up daily on this thread. I think it just have to stop.

See what Tammy played last season. 8 goals and 5 assists.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Of course they are not the same, that is why they have different name but they both involve filming and editing something that our music video directors are winning in right now. Can u compare anything else on Nigerian TV to our music videos? Instead of bringing in people who absolutely don't know what they are doing we can bring in guys who have been proven in their field.

I understand your point bro.. but there's still a long line between shooting musical videos and broadcasting football games.
Even me can shot a musical video with my phone and edit it with viva video.. its not that much of a big deal..
There's more money and professionalism involved in the later.

Again,it doesn't have to b a national TV that will broadcast the games... TV channels like supersport, sky sport and Bein sports are here cus national TVs can't handle the burden of broadcasting sport events alone..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2018
forgiveness:

There are lots of emotive prejudice and false informations thrown up daily on this thread. I think it just have to stop.

See what Tammy played last season. 8 goals and 5 assists.

so from this exploits you highligted up there...
why didn't any epl club request for his service prior the new season?
save for a championship club....you're the only one seeing him as a classy player. if he was that good he won't be in the championship.

if he was good enough he should have been in the 3Lions squad by now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2018
Humility017:

both are not in same par.... nancho is way better than the striker who miss seaters...

please there is no double standard there....the only double stand is Ighalo continuous invitation to the super eagles....dude should be on a terminal leave by now.

Taaah dere,wc one is miles ahead

In eagles jersey,both are useless,not living up to d billing

Wc Kc is better dan ighalo in eagles jersey, wetin d two players don play since Poland friendly?. Both played utter rubbish, no production, kc dt couldn't play more dan 2shot on target in a world cup or ighalo dt keeps backing post,claiming he's holding play..shey those ones be players?if not for d dearth of talent, the two players no worth invite again to cheer oda players while playing let alone of sitting on d bench undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2018
elyte89:

Wc Kc is better dan ighalo in eagles jersey, wetin d two players don play since Poland friendly?. Both played utter rubbish, no production, kc dt couldn't play more dan 2shot on target in a world cup or ighalo dt keeps backing post,claiming he's holding play..shey those ones be players?if not for d dearth of talent, the two players no worth invite again to cheer oda players while playing let alone of sitting on d bench undecided

any reasonable coach will always give nancho an invitee... just that rohr just clueless on how to use him on the pitch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2018
Calling it now, if you're a betting man.....

Hazard is PFA Player Of The Season

Madison is PFA Young Player Of The Season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2018
forgiveness:

Are you asking to know or just feigning ignorance?

I am not asking bro ,I know what I am saying.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2018
forgiveness:

What else will you say? We are talking about independent observers, you are here talking about emotive prejudice sentimental biased observers. grin

The verdict has been given and still stands.

Is Iheanacho untouchable? It's like saying stop dragging Ighalo into SE matter. Double standard I guess.

The emotive prejudice sentimental biased observers are the over 180 million Nigerians who watched the world cup with their eyes.. You can conduct a poll on twitter to clear your doubt .. Ighalo isn't in the good books of Nigerians not because he is ugly,arrogant, or from one tribe...it's because he isn't doing what's expected of him in the team...
If Yakubu who happen to be one of Africa best striker of the 21st century with an impressive goal record for the super eagles could be dropped cus of his miss at the world cup, then how much more Ighalo?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2018
Humility017:

The verdict of last season has been given. At least, I have been vindicated from all sorts of name calling.

Now, we are at it again.

Iheanacho is ahead of Ighalo in the no 9 role. Excuse me please, I don't want to argue without you showing me facts to buttress your point.

Double standard is when you judge Ighalo based on world cup performance (which I think is the parameters used against him even before the last match) yet exempt Iheanacho from the same performance.

Let us wait until we see Ighalo fumbles in the next matches. Thank you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2018
Humility017:

save for a championship club....you're the only one seeing him as a classy player. if he was that good he won't be in the championship.

any small thing, Forgiveness will run to transfermarket.co.uk cheesy cheesy

It's becoming comical to be honest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2018
safarigirl:
Calling it now, if you're a betting man.....

Hazard is PFA Player Of The Season

Madison is PFA Young Player Of The Season

Will agree with hazard winning that .

Will not say anything about Maddison

Then I will still inform you that mancity will win the league .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:29pm On Sep 29, 2018
elyte89:

One thing that makes Iheanacho better than Ighalo is his finishing abilities and set piece brilliance. Those two are.enough to put him ahead of Ighalo..
Iheanacho problem is that he doesn't function well as a lone striker.. His goal record in the SE is still better than Ighalo's

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:30pm On Sep 29, 2018
andrew444:

Will agree with hazard winning that .

Will not say anything about Maddison

Then I will still inform you that mancity will win the league .
LOL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2018
forgiveness:

The verdict of last season has been given. At least, I have been vindicated from all sorts of name calling.

Now, we are at it again.

Iheanacho is ahead of Ighalo in the no 9 role. Excuse me please, I don't want to argue without you showing me facts to buttress your point.

Double standard is when you judge Ighalo based on world cup performance (which I think is the parameters used against him even before the last match) yet exempt Iheanacho from the same performance.

Let us wait until we see Ighalo fumbles in the next matches. Thank you.

even an amateur player won't miss those seaters he missed against Argentina.
nancho never missed any of such...
tell me who amongst them has the highest number of goals in the super eagles per match ratio?

left to me.... other strikers like KAYODE, simy and taiwo should be invited in his place...even playing a winger like Henry or musa as a top 9 will be better productive.

please never you compare both nancho and Ighalo again.... even as a 9 nancho is more clinical and better positioned so what does Ighalo have?

I don't really like comparing players but the truth on this one is so obvious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2018
safarigirl:
LOL

Smiles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2018
Danielnino00:

One thing that makes Iheanacho better than Ighalo is his finishing abilities and set piece brilliance. Those two are.enough to put him ahead of Ighalo..
Iheanacho problem is that he doesn't function well as a lone striker.. His goal record in the SE is still better than Ighalo's

also his positional sense is brillant as a striker.
apart from the jam body of Ighalo no other quality come to bare

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
safarigirl:
any small thing, Forgiveness will run to transfermarket.co.uk cheesy cheesy

It's becoming comical to be honest

how come these transfer market stats never helped to market these players...or are those scouts blind to these players achievements.

even scouts and club management know that clubs often out facts there to sale their players reason why they sometimes send scouts to go watch the players in action prior their decision...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:39pm On Sep 29, 2018
Danielnino00:

To the best of my knowledge, football managers are often informed when a player is being signed by the club.. There's no way Gerrard wasn't informed about Sadiq signing..

If you are trying to judge Gerrard's personality because of some things Diouf said, then u are making a huge mistake...
He still hasn't proven the Senegalese wrong...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2018
Humility017:

Abraham was involved with Chelsea during their pre-season, but failed to make a matchday squad once Olivier Giroud had returned from the World Cup. He was reportedly the subject of a late bid from rivals ​Tottenham Hotspur, but Abraham remained at Chelsea

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.90min.com/posts/6160723-why-tammy-abraham-s-loan-from-chelsea-to-aston-villa-is-the-perfect-move-for-the-youngster&ved=2ahUKEwja-umu4ODdAhUHYxoKHYVeDXIQFjACegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw14IAfwOm1YuwgaXwkyVPHW&cshid=1538242853161

The bolded says alot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2018
Humility017:

He is just 20 and he was already in the 3 lions squad.

The question was not about playing for 3 lions. It was about his his performance last season. You were wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
Reims vs Brodeaux
Kalu not in the matchday squad... Is he injured?
Ojo is on the bench for Reims
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
Danielnino00:

The emotive prejudice sentimental biased observers are the over 180 million Nigerians who watched the world cup with their eyes.. You can conduct a poll on twitter to clear your doubt .. Ighalo isn't in the good books of Nigerians not because he is ugly,arrogant, or from one tribe...it's because he isn't doing what's expected of him in the team...
If Yakubu who happen to be one of Africa best striker of the 21st century with an impressive goal record for the super eagles could be dropped cus of his miss at the world cup, then how much more Ighalo?

When did you conduct the census? grin

Oga! The verdict had been given. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2018
You know they have always been saying something. Let’s see something on ground. Too early to talk about deals with NFF when their track record is as bad as nonexistent

DrLikita12:

They said they've sorted out some issues and they're back. I would only recommend them if they are the only viable option tbh. I'm not sure how many customers they have or if they are being honest about the issues they had- I'd rather give them time to settle down and then watch their progress.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2018
1 thing that vexes me on dis patform is doz ppl dat knows the truth buh jus wanna go ahead arguing blindly...what are u ppl supporting ighalo for...a striker dat took a year to redeem his image infront of goal for his national team, it was even via a penalty shoot..plsss and please ighalo has nothing to offer again...even victor moses cannot play acurately doz nice free kicks nacho is plays...atleast make ighalo even try tap in some goal bound chances..abeg ighalo supporters lets hear word..d guy is finished as far as eagles goal scoring chances is concerned ighalo nosabi score goal again like wen he was at watford..let him even com out to league we can be watchinghim week in week out so we can even argue more...not doz pensioneer league he playsfor and sm ppl wanna be comparing wit a youngster playing for a well decorated epl team...95% of footba fans wil support nacho...wat is ighalo? my area guys in suruere have even tagged him "ijalor"(soldier ant)

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2018
You don’t have to watch to know the answer lol

Danielnino00:

Oga, I don't know grin .. I no.dy watch political rallies like that grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:03pm On Sep 29, 2018
No be struggle “Abrahams” dey since joining Villa. You may tear up the Championship 2 years ago, there is still no guarantee. Think Imoh Ezekiel who is suppose to be bossing the Jupiter League based on his exploits there several years ago. Well it’s too early to say. Make we siddon look. But coaches have their preferences just like in the National team.

komekn:

Is this the same Sadiq Umar a number were comparing to Tega Abrahams and Ighalo and said he was better.

I remember saying that this guy would struggle in League one, maybe I overestimated his attributes.

When I talked about him I was harassed with a barrage of the usual vitriolic rhetoric from the sentimental emotive brigade.

I don't have to say anything more do

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2018
the coach demands physicality. Are you saying with Sadiq’s guile he cannot pull it off? If not that Kanu played in the EPL I believe you would have said he won’t be able to cope there. Or are you saying the SPL is better than the Serie A?

komekn:

Absolute Balderdash.

Once again you have allowed irrational emotive negative prejudice to befuddle your reasoning.

Firstly, I know Gerrard personally and he is not racist. Neither is Beale his assistant.

Then secondly if he was, why is the first name on his team sheet Oviemuno Ejaria. I could count the multiple number of black players he was trying to get into Rangers but that would be over kill.

A long time ago I pointed out the deficiencies in Umar Sadiq's game. My conclusions then we're that he would struggle in League one, it seems he would struggle at an event lower level.

The English game as well as the Scottish games are physically intensive. His supposed physicality is an assumption not proven. He excelled if you can call it that in the Italian and Belguim league. But this league may be too much for him.

As for racism see news clip below.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/09/25/could-umar-sadiq-soon-face-pressure-from-rangers-starlet-dapo-me/

With regards to his performance there is a widespread view he is not good enough.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/09/27/do-could-umar-sadiq-leave-rangers-as-early-as-january/

But then this is football, he can still improve there is a chance. But he has a lot of work to do and the other players are not sitting down looking at him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2018
Victor Osimhen starts again.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2018
moses might be forcing his way back

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2018
Joebie:
You don’t have to watch to know the answer lol

Its not always that bad... The picture quality is at best normal.. can't say for d audio sha...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2018
Nigerians are still waiting for Ighalo to open his comment section on instagram

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4803) (4804) (4805) (4806) (4807) (4808) (4809) ... (16441) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Suzzytee05(f), Sugarboyy(m), typicalgamer(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.