Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4818) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12089069 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4815) (4816) (4817) (4818) (4819) (4820) (4821) ... (16441) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Zionchris: 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2018
elyte89:
Well,in as much as I don't want to wade into d iheanacho issue bin nominated as one of d worst player of season,I hereby urge d "pro IHEANACHO" camp to maintain patience wyle sir forgiveness,komekn and silent followers(sir fabyom grin grin) of ighalo camp" make jest over d issues while it last,hopefully iheanacho comes out good dis season,am sure if he continues with his form at Leicester, d news will go stale grin grin,its deir time,let dem use it very well cos if it were to b ighalo, same fate would av been meted out to dem grin grin grin

Hahahaha! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
Africa Division in partnership for Caf-FIFPro Best XI
By Michael Madyira

Following the popular Fifa-FIFPro World XI voted for by professional footballers around the globe, Caf will have its own version

Caf and FIFPro Africa Division entered into a five-year partnership last weekend in Egypt, to organise the Caf-FIFPro Africa Best XI.

The partnership will also see both parties cooperating in the training programs and education of African youth taking part in Caf competitions.
Improvement of working conditions and player welfare has also been cited as one of the key parts in the partnership which FIFPro Africa Division president Geremi Njitap has hailed.

“I must, first of all, thank President Ahmad and his Executive Committee for the confidence, which testifies the strength of their commitment,” Njitap, the former Cameroon, Real Madrid and Chelsea defender said in a joint statement by Caf and FIFPro Africa Division.
“It is an honour that I share with all the members of our division, who work daily for the good of the players and beyond, for that of the football in Africa. This agreement will encourage them to continue on the same path and this recognition will also strengthen their position at national level.
“The players are part of football on the continent and intend to be for Caf partners in all the meaning of the term: loyal and effective. This agreement is not an end in itself, but the beginning of a long and beautiful collaboration.”

The FIFPro Africa Division currently has 14 members.

Source: Goal

Cc: Chriskels... Hehehehe... Soon, we will have CAF-FIFPRO Africa XI. Nice. I dey fear say no Nigerian player may make the first official CAF FIFPRO XI list but time will tell... Ndidi stands the best chance among all Naija players at the moment but even in his role, Partey is also a force.... In all, time will tell shaa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2018
forgiveness:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! grin

Your pride will not let you see I, Kayode, Ajagun and co have nothing to do with Iheanachonaldo named as world worst XI striker of the century..oh sorry...of the year. grin grin grin grin cool Ndo!
but wait, tot the discuss was about Solanke how come the only name you've been mentioning is Nacho? you no get any point to back up your claim that Solanke is the best striker we never had? please you are a Nigerian I tot we are suppose to support our boys why are you shamelessly happy about Nacho's poor debut season at Leicester?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
chrisooblog:
mr komekn happy Independence day first of what Dominic iorfa snr went through with the nff is nothing that credible people like Segun odegbami and kojo Williams have not gone through but they kept on believing and contributing to the same corrupt nff because good or bad the system will be changed from within and not just mere English and complaining or gnashing of teeth.

As for iorfa jnr he just has to improve and make a career for himself. You always insist on players been chosen because they are good enough now not what he did last year or two years back. If iorfa comes good teams will chase him not just Nigeria. Even if he chooses not to play for nigeria at the very least he can have a great club career. Now I have no issue with you or forgiveness calling for equity justice and honesty in player selection for the national team but where I always clash with you guys is when you defend average or below average players then go round to criticize and rubbish someone else for doing the same.

My hope and prayer for national team is to be in the nearest future filled with players of outstanding quality playing in the best clubs so that all this back and forth would be unnecessary
please simple put Iorfa is a waste man unless he can prove otherwise, wolves no use am, no sensible club is coming for him but bros want us to believe he's a world class talent, how?? na by mouth?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2018
We have not seen the video of Osimhen and Awoniyi latest goals....post for us oooo

cc TheSuperNerd
charlesemeka85
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2018
komekn:

I expected to see some intelligent comments with those looking at matters with depth and looking at the context and aligning that too our characteristic local dynamics.

Dominic Iorfa Snr. contested the NFF Presidency and lost, he has been involved with the extremely politicised NFF for a long time. You shoul know that we dont practice politics with honour , integrity and fair play in Nigeria.

I was in Warri during that Election and i know lobbying in our politics is not about persuasive arguments but how big your "Ghana must go" bag is.With

At the end of these elections there was bitter rancour and resentment between the victors and the vanquished.

So how do you think knowing our attitude of vehement antagonism in politics, Dominc Iorfa Jnr. was looked at With Love, compassion, warmth and affection Finally after Rohr net with Dominic Jnr , why then did matters not progress.

Bla bla bla

Let Iorfa play some games this season first then we will reconsider calling him up..
Most of the players u hype here are at best championship materials.. They only perform.in the championship.From Tammy to Iorfa to Aluko...

Later u will b telling stories on how they rejected big money move to other clubs out of loyalty...
Loyalty that has rendered them inconsequential at their clubs

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2018
Three Stats That Prove Huddersfield No-Nonsense Nigerian Midfielder Outshone Tottenham's World Cup Stars

Published: September 30, 2018

Three Stats That Prove Huddersfield No-Nonsense Nigerian Midfielder Outshone Tottenham's World Cup Stars
Statistics provided by Whoscored have highlighted the fact that Huddersfield Town's Nigerian midfielder Philip Billing was one of the most influential players on the pitch despite his team losing 2-0 to Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League on Saturday afternoon.

With the visitors lining up in a 3-4-3 formation, the Denmark U21 international came up against Spurs' World Cup stars Mousa Dembélé, Eric Dier, Danny Rose and Kieran Trippier in midfield, and outshone the quartet in three cumulative stats.

Billing completed the most tackles (seven) in the game staged at John Smith's Stadium, ahead of Rose (5), Trippier (3), Dier (2) and Dembélé (1).

The Huddersfield Town number eight was also the top interceptor with four interceptions made; Rose and Dier made two interceptions each, Dembele one and Trippier none.

If his two clearances are added to his total tackles and interceptions, he scored 13 in these three key stats, more than Trippier (9), Dier (cool, Rose (7) and Dembele (4).

Billing was promoted to Huddersfield Town first team in 2014 and helped the club gain promotion to the Premier League in 2017.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=29449

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2018
jihday:
but wait, tot the discuss was about Solanke how come the only name you've been mentioning is Nacho? you no get any point to back up your claim that Solanke is the best striker we never had? please you are a Nigerian I tot we are suppose to support our boys why are you shamelessly happy about Nacho's poor debut season at Leicester?

Here we go again. Lol grin

Don't think, find out first before you start baseless accusations.

It was about somebody claiming Sturridge is a rubbish player. Then, I asked, which SE striker will bench Sturridge? grin That's all.

But you all started calling Solanke.. Solanke Solanke as if he's hunting you in your dreams. grin

Why I am happy about Iheanacho poor what...? grin

I am just calling out some peeps here in remembrance of the assault and name calling when I simply told them that Iheanacho was poo last season. Here we are with the confirmation of my postulations. grin The verdict has been given. Abi na sin to talk true? grin

This is my little way of saying they were wrong and at the same time bigots. That's all. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by superbloke(m): 1:11pm On Oct 01, 2018
Danielnino00:

Bla bla bla

Let Iorfa play some games this season first then we will reconsider calling him up..
Most of the players u hype here are at best championship materials.. They only perform.in the championship.From Tammy to Iorfa to Aluko...

Later u will b telling stories on how they rejected big money move to other clubs out of loyalty...
Loyalty that has rendered them inconsequential at their clubs
When it's certain players, there's always an excuse...loyalty, prejudice by the manager while quoting some reports where convenient or some behind the scene exclusive knowledge no one else knows about or can corroborate. But when it comes to other players, they are not good enough, even when it's the same situation with the other players. In this case, we should not believe whatever the media reports (obviously because it doesn't support the narrative being pushed). This is the pattern I've carefully observed.

Talk about sentimental bias and emotive prejudice

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
Ohhh okay My good man... Here's Awoniyi's two goals in the Belgian Cup. His last strikes from the past week... He scored the first and third goals for Gent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CVe4Z9q-cM

Meanwhile, Osimhen's was shared by The GoodJoe some pages back... Here is the link to the video clip on one of Osimhen's two goals so far..

http://www.sudinfo.be/id76183/article/2018-09-22/pro-league-reduit-neuf-charleroi-se-fait-accrocher-waasland-beveren-1-1

gamaliel9:
We have not seen the video of Osimhen and Awoniyi latest goals....post for us oooo

cc TheSuperNerd
charlesemeka85

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2018
forgiveness:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! grin

Your pride will not let you see I, Kayode, Ajagun and co have nothing to do with Iheanachonaldo named as world worst XI striker of the century..oh sorry...of the year. grin grin grin grin cool Ndo!
Why are you trolling man?? E don do ooo!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2018
edi287:

Why are you trolling man?? E don do ooo!!

Ok sir. Respect.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2018
superbloke:

When it's certain players, there's always an excuse...loyalty, prejudice by the manager while quoting some reports where convenient or some behind the scene exclusive knowledge no one else knows about or can corroborate. But when it comes to other players, they are not good enough, even when it's the same situation with the other players. In this case, we should not believe whatever the media reports (obviously because it doesn't support the narrative being pushed). This is the pattern I've carefully observed.

I don't know what u are driving at.. But the Dominic Iorfa In question hasn't kicked a ball this season..When he was in form.in the championship, we approached him and his dad said we should wait till he is 23

His father, Dominic Iorfa senior, told
AfricanFootball.com “a lot is going on” in Nigeria’s age-group teams and so he would rather his son focus on playing for the Super Eagles when he is a lot older and more matured.
“My boy will still play for Nigeria, but that will be when he is 23, much older and matured, because a lot of things are going on in the age-group teams and nobody wants to be messed up,” said Iorfa senior, who was a flying winger when in the 80s he represented Nigeria at full international level.
Iorfa further said he was excited his son has been called up by the England U-21s.
“This invitation shows the boy is making steady progress,” said the proud Lobi Stars vice-chairman.

http://thenationonlineng.net/dominic-iorfa-for-eagles-at-23-father/

There is no prejudice or sentiment here..
Let Iorfa start playing first and he will be considered.. . If he is being punished at Wolves due to the politics or whatever other reason going on,he should hand in a transfer request...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
According to AIO football, Shehu is likely to be recalled.. I hope its not true.. We already have enough bench warmers in defence in Awazeim, Omeruo and Balogun... Moreover, I want Aina to take over that RB role....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
superbloke:

Well said Superbloke... You've deciphered their scam and pattern of arguments. You are very observant. They use the tools of what we all know and hate in the Nigerian system... "Corruption and Poor integrity"... to coat their points when defending their mediocre talents. They take you back to the Stone age of when that average talent did good but once it is about another like Nacho, Osimhen, Chukwueze, and any other true prospect of Nigerian Football, they change the tables. Such pretentious and double-standard folks they are. Always nit-picking their sides and angles of a story, isolating stuffs that favor their agenda and ignoring facts that counter their false claims and bunch of fallacies. I would be surprised if anyone on here still take them seriously... Only a newbie will need time to decipher those two but for folks like me and some others who have been here for a while, even though I haven't been as active these past few months due to tight engagements, I must say their scam is already since figured out.

Right now, we're just playing the role of tolerant big brothers coz they will always rant and keep crying. Their deceit will never stop coz it is in their DNA.

Their biggest nightmare is the kid below... Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2018
I think he was only corroborating your post. He simply spelt out how Southgate and Giwa (with the Dalung-ish touch) argues in defence of their beloved averages. Lol.

Danielnino00:

I don't know what u are driving at.. But the Dominic Iorfa In question hasn't kicked a ball this season..When he was in form.in the championship, we approached him and his dad said we should wait till he is 23

His father, Dominic Iorfa senior, told
AfricanFootball.com “a lot is going on” in Nigeria’s age-group teams and so he would rather his son focus on playing for the Super Eagles when he is a lot older and more matured.
“My boy will still play for Nigeria, but that will be when he is 23, much older and matured, because a lot of things are going on in the age-group teams and nobody wants to be messed up,” said Iorfa senior, who was a flying winger when in the 80s he represented Nigeria at full international level.
Iorfa further said he was excited his son has been called up by the England U-21s.
“This invitation shows the boy is making steady progress,” said the proud Lobi Stars vice-chairman.

http://thenationonlineng.net/dominic-iorfa-for-eagles-at-23-father/

There is no prejudice or sentiment here..
Let Iorfa start playing first and he will be considered.. . If he is being punished at Wolves due to the politics or whatever other reason going on,he should hand in a transfer request...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2018
forgiveness:

Ok sir. Respect.

how many epl goals has solanke...?
and how many has nancho...?

solanke is only recognized as an age grade striker and nothing else.
not yet a full fledge international to merit nancho place in global football.
when solanke start to play real football...you can bring up this issue.

coming against players all because you wanna promote some average players from your tribe makes nonsense.....

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I think he was only corroborating your post. He simply spelt out how Southgate and Giwa (with the Dalung-ish touch) argues in defence of their beloved averages. Lol.

to be honest with you...whenever he talks of Nigeria FA being corrupt and bla bla.
I pinch myself.... many a time people only critise systems they have no control over.

he is corrupt as well..... I don't have aortal of trust for his judgement.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Oh! I must have misunderstood him.. Apologies Superbloke ..

But bia, Oga Southgate post about Iorfa jnr being punished cus of some things his dad did during d 2014 NFF election is bulls*t ..
Iorfa jnr was approached in 2015,a year later ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2018
elyte89:
Well,in as much as I don't want to wade into d iheanacho issue bin nominated as one of d worst player of season,I hereby urge d "pro IHEANACHO" camp to maintain patience wyle sir forgiveness,komekn and silent followers(sir fabyom grin grin) of ighalo camp" make jest over d issues while it last,hopefully iheanacho comes out good dis season,am sure if he continues with his form at Leicester, d news will go stale grin grin,its deir time,let dem use it very well cos if it were to b ighalo, same fate would av been meted out to dem grin grin grin
loll, Sir Elyte89!! I don dey decamp oo. Ighalo is falling hand seriously. Sincerely yours, I do not have any issue with Nacho except that he is not so good playing the number 9 position. He is a SS, no more no less. He is an amazing player, he is a Nigerian and he has scored some memorable goals for Naija that one long to view over and over again. Tanzania what a cracker, Zambia away, Argentina. Those goals cannot be scored by a mediocre player. He is absolutely a special player. Let us keep praying for them cos their downfall will do nobody no good. We all have our Achilles heels.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2018
Exactly, he was approached and what did Iorfa Snr tell the NFF and Nigerians? That his son will not switch allegiance or make a final decision on his international career until he is 23. Meanwhile, we know that had Iorfa Jnr been capped by England before age 23, them it is game over. So who is fooling who? Lol... The dad was trying to play smart with Nigeria and now he's been burned. Now, Iorfa Jnr is languishing in Division 2 of PL 2 in England. Our Super Eagles cannot and will not be reduced to a team of mediocres.

Danielnino00:

Oh! I must have misunderstood him.. Apologies Superbloke ..

But bia, Oga Southgate post about Iorfa jnr being punished cus of some things his dad did during d 2014 NFF election is bulls*t ..
Iorfa jnr was approached in 2015,a year later ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2018
fabyom:
loll, Sir Elyte89!! I don dey decamp oo. Ighalo is falling hand seriously. Sincerely yours, I do not have any issue with Nacho except that he is not so good playing the number 9 position. He is a SS, no more no less. He is an amazing player, he is a Nigerian and he has scored some memorable goals for Naija that one long to view over and over again. Tanzania what a cracker, Zambia away, Argentina. Those goals cannot be scored by a mediocre player. He is absolutely a special player. Let us keep praying for them cos their downfall will do nobody no good. We all have our Achilles heels.

You are blessed for those words of truth @second bolded...

@first bolded... Lolzzz... Bia, too early to decamp. Stand with Iggy. At least the guy dey 18 goals now in China. He is still a better option than a Kayode Biko... Lol

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2018
Rohr Recalls Success For Libya’s Double-head Clash
By Abubakar Yunusa , Abuja

Coach Gernot Rohr has handed Isaac Success a recall to the Super Eagles squad for the forthcoming back to back AFCON 2019 Qualifying matches against Libya, according to report.

Success last played for Nigeria in 2017 in a friendly game against Senegal and despite an impressive outing after coming on as a second half substitute, injuries, fitness and poor form has kept him out of the Nigerian team.

Since the start of the season, the 21 year old has turned a corner in terms of his fitness and performance as he has been involved with Watford, although mostly as a substitute in the league but in the Carabao Cup he scored twice for them before their exit in the hands of Tottenham Hotspurs on Wednesday.

Rohr is a big fan of the forward due to his physical attributes and ability to play on the flanks and as a top striker, a chance to stake a claim for a spot in the senior national team of Nigeria has now been handed to the forward.

He will be in the list of players which will be released on Tuesday against group leaders Libya in Uyo and later in Tunisia.

Meanwhile, Confederation of African Football (CAF) have finally approved NFF to have the Africa Cup of Nations’ first leg qualifier against Libya shifted to a new date and venue.

The confirmation from CAF came in a formal notification to Libyan Football Federation (LFF) that the first leg of their double-qualifier against Nigeria will now hold at Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, Uyo on Saturday, October 13.

The formal notification from CAF to LFF in effect confirms that it will no longer hold at Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna on October 12, while the reverse fixture in the Group E tussle between both countries for 2019 AFCON tickets will now be on October 16 in Tunisia.

This is a major victory for Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr, who repeatedly expressed concerns about the small size of Ahmadu Bello Stadium pitch.

Rohr buttressed his worries when he met top shots of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) during The Best FIFA Football Awards 2018 in London on September 24.

Incidentally, while the Franco-German feared that the ABS pitch is not up to standard and his players would not be comfortable playing on the turf, NFF top shots had already expressed worries about possible overcrowding by fans at the stadium in Kaduna.

It would be recalled that CAF slammed Nigeria with a $5,000 fine for allowing excess spectators at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium for an AFCON qualifier against Egypt in March 2016.

https://leadership.ng/2018/10/01/rohr-recalls-success-for-libyas-double-head-clash/amp/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2018
Happy birthday Sir Icon4s.
More Grace to your pen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2018
Never too late. Happy Birthday to Icon4s. Wishing you all the best as you journey through the new year.

Happy Independence day to everyone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2018
terzurum5:
Rohr Recalls Success For Libya’s Double-head Clash
By Abubakar Yunusa , Abuja

Coach Gernot Rohr has handed Isaac Success a recall to the Super Eagles squad for the forthcoming back to back AFCON 2019 Qualifying matches against Libya, according to report.

Success last played for Nigeria in 2017 in a friendly game against Senegal and despite an impressive outing after coming on as a second half substitute, injuries, fitness and poor form has kept him out of the Nigerian team.

Since the start of the season, the 21 year old has turned a corner in terms of his fitness and performance as he has been involved with Watford, although mostly as a substitute in the league but in the Carabao Cup he scored twice for them before their exit in the hands of Tottenham Hotspurs on Wednesday.

Rohr is a big fan of the forward due to his physical attributes and ability to play on the flanks and as a top striker, a chance to stake a claim for a spot in the senior national team of Nigeria has now been handed to the forward.

He will be in the list of players which will be released on Tuesday against group leaders Libya in Uyo and later in Tunisia.

Meanwhile, Confederation of African Football (CAF) have finally approved NFF to have the Africa Cup of Nations’ first leg qualifier against Libya shifted to a new date and venue.

The confirmation from CAF came in a formal notification to Libyan Football Federation (LFF) that the first leg of their double-qualifier against Nigeria will now hold at Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, Uyo on Saturday, October 13.

The formal notification from CAF to LFF in effect confirms that it will no longer hold at Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna on October 12, while the reverse fixture in the Group E tussle between both countries for 2019 AFCON tickets will now be on October 16 in Tunisia.

This is a major victory for Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr, who repeatedly expressed concerns about the small size of Ahmadu Bello Stadium pitch.

Rohr buttressed his worries when he met top shots of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) during The Best FIFA Football Awards 2018 in London on September 24.

Incidentally, while the Franco-German feared that the ABS pitch is not up to standard and his players would not be comfortable playing on the turf, NFF top shots had already expressed worries about possible overcrowding by fans at the stadium in Kaduna.

It would be recalled that CAF slammed Nigeria with a $5,000 fine for allowing excess spectators at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium for an AFCON qualifier against Egypt in March 2016.
If this is true. Then I Came online at the right time.

But does the man has the gut to play him?

Success
Iwobi - Iheanacho - Simon/Henry/Kalu.
Mikel - Ndidi

What a dream set up that will be

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Exactly, he was approached and what did Iorfa Snr tell the NFF and Nigerians? That his son will not switch allegiance or make a final decision on his international career until he is 23. Meanwhile, we know that had Iorfa Jnr been capped by England before age 23, them it is game over. So who is fooling who? Lol... The dad was trying to play smart with Nigeria and now he's been burned. Now, Iorfa Jnr is languishing in Division 2 of PL 2 in England. Our Super Eagles cannot and will not be reduced to a team of mediocres.

Hahaha ..

Just like Tammy, Agbonlahor,Sydney Sam and Onuoha grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2018
AIG07:
If this is true. Then I Came online at the right time.

But does the man has the gut to play him?

Success
Iwobi - Iheanacho - Simon/Henry/Kalu.
Mikel - Ndidi

What a dream set up that will be

My dream combo come any day
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

You are blessed for those words of truth @second bolded...

@first bolded... Lolzzz... Bia, too early to decamp. Stand with Iggy. At least the guy dey 18 goals now in China. He is still a better option than a Kayode Biko... Lol

No worries. Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRick: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2018
komekn:

Fortunately this is the peak of your ascendancy with regards to the discourse of football being a NOISE MAKER on a faceless forum.

TheSuperDelusional and you consider yourself to be informed and academic, you don't actually attack the issues with methodology, with a substantive argument to prove your point. NO , NO, that's way too complicated for you to do. You resort to abuse and rantings like a woman scorned. I guess its misplaced youthful exuberance.

You make wild propositions but without any substance again if i shout the loudest i will win the arguement, i guess its your way of low level reasoning.

Gentlemanly conduct is something too deep for you to comprehend.

grin
Beats me how anyone can till take that kid TheSuperMess serious here.
You only need to be here 2 minutes to tell that he is full of shít

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

So you spent your birthday at the office? All day??! Dad!!! How many times have I told you to prioritize yourself just a bit ehn... Haba.. for ya birthday again.. lemme call your boss of bosses...

Haha, tour of duty son. No Holidays.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4815) (4816) (4817) (4818) (4819) (4820) (4821) ... (16441) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Abusule007, Barryseal, joelsteron, jubilantagida and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.