Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,465 members, 7,904,735 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:29 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4896) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12171146 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4893) (4894) (4895) (4896) (4897) (4898) (4899) ... (16470) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TEGADR: 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2018
after seeing today's line up..
I have this to say

for the goal keeping post, uzho is manageable, at least he's all we got...

for the defence.. I will fault rohr for sticking to shehu ,those of you saying he won an MOTM for his club recently shouldn't forget he's playing a different position here in the super eagles.. I hope ola Aina comes on as a sub ....

balogun and ekong pairing has been working good, I hope ekong act more matured this time, he shouldn't cause us another penalty

I applaud rohr for having the balls to pick jamilu Collins ahead of brain idowu... this will put idowu in a tight corner and make him step up

for the midfield, ndidi has always been top notch, I prefer a slow ogu to etebo, am yet to see any spectacular performance lately from him

iwobi for AM.....
THE front three is superb.. kalu. success. musa... we should expect goals!...

tho kalu need to aim for goals!,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2018
If anyone finds a link to watch the naija game online please post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2018
For sure! South Africa will.

phamarsenal:
With d way things stand in our GRP anything short of a victory for Nigeria will b a bad result, we need to beat d Libyans today because south Africa is likely gonna get 6maximum point against Seychelles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2018
[quote author=Sainty92 post=72050397]South Africa beating Seychelles 3-0 within 30mins. Are u sure we didn't overrate our last result over Seychelles? Seems we should have flogged dem 7-0[/quote

I was never deceived by our scoreline against Seychelles. Our team was simply piss poor that day. Playing absolute rubbish. Seychelles even overran our defence a couple of times sef. I was very angry that day I tell you. The scoreline didn't tell the full story of that match wallahi.

P.S.

Which time match dey start abeg?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2018
As already confirmed... Our starting XI and the bench.

NB: No Idowu on the bench, no Semi Ajayi, no Awaziem, No Moses Simon... shocked

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TEGADR: 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
[quote author=Curtisaxel7 post=72050730][/quote]

brain idowu was so flop from the beginning to the ending, balogun saves his ass many times..

omeruo should remain on the bench, that's where he belong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FAMILY247(m): 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
[quote author=TheSuperNerd post=72050566] South Africa is playing at home naa. Libya also thrashed Seychelles on homeground by 5-1. We are the only team who is yet to play Seychelles at home. We have already gone away.

Bro, forget the fact that South Africa is playing at home, with the crop of players we have right now the team can definitely perform better. A lot of things is wrong with the team, some player too me are not being treated fairly, how can you justify the fact that place Ola is playing week in week out in the Italian league, and a guy who is yet to clock 180min of action is ahead of him in the team. I can assure you Anthony Nwakeme will have definitely perform if given the same game time Odion Ighalo is given, that some people are even supporting the coach confirm the fact that corruption is not our only problem but mediocrity as well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2018
Isaac Success will be the man to do it today. Forget talk about Ighalo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TEGADR: 2:59pm On Oct 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

NB: No Idowu on the bench, no Semi Ajayi, no Awaziem.

ighalo again

that guy dey Bleep rohr ni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2018
I agree we can definitely do better and I believe we will. But the fact remains that we got a convincing result on a terrible Astro turf in Seychelles. Such pitches are not easy to play on. Watch out for our result when we take on same Seychelles on a beautiful green grass layout like the green of the Nest of Champions in Uyo. wink

[quote author=FAMILY247 post=72050805][/quote]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Honestly, I believe the question really should be how many Ivorian midfielders can start in the Super Eagles midfield.

They got nothing on Iwobi, Ndidi and Etebo naa. Haba!

Make una dey decieve unaselves with Etebo who has been piss poor in the championship? Jeremie Boga was a hit in that same championship last season and today Dude is a starter for high flying Serie A side, Sassuolo. Guess what, Boga is a fringe player in the Ivorian team, he hardly gets a look in even though he plays in a better club and league than the might Etebo that runs rings grin grin

Bro take it from me, if Etebo was an Ivorian, he wouldn't be in their top 6 midfielders. KPOM!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
Also no Simon. Let’s see what will happen in the return header.
TheSuperNerd:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

No Simeon either... My guess is that the sub will be

Ighalo for Success (if doesn't score)
Iwobi for Iheanacho ( Iwobi doesn't have the stamina to play 90mins)
Onyekuru for Musa/Kalu

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
Danielnino00:

Considering their financial prowess on the continent, they should be better than this...

But then hard work without talent sometimes can amount to nothing....
Yep, see China.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

I have done so but I am more concerned about their pedigree as a team on the continent. C.A.R got nothing on Libya in African Football. O pari. It's just like saying Burundi is a bigger team than Libya becos of Saido Berahino.

U just opened ur nyash now. Pedigree doesn't play football, otherwise congo, no go dey ahead of us in ranking. England was talking about Pedigree but we kno who screwed who btwn dem and Belgium at the world cup. grin grin

Last warning, stop making me laff with those memes bro, I go shout here oo grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:08pm On Oct 13, 2018
Sainty92:
South Africa beating Seychelles 3-0 within 30mins. Are u sure we didn't overrate our last result over Seychelles? Seems we should have flogged dem 7-0

Lol omo wait for their excuses to cover up for the crap of a coach called Rohr grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I agree we can definitely do better and I believe we will. But the fact remains that we got a convincing result on a terrible Astro turf in Seychelles. Such pitches are not easy to play on. Watch out for our result when we take on same Seychelles on a beautiful green grass layout like the green of the Nest of Champions in Uyo. wink

Most people criticizing our win against Seychelles are overlooking the pitch factors.
All our players that played that day are foreign based.. they aren't used to playing on astro pitch especially a very bad one like Seychelles's .. Again the game was played when the football season just started.. Our boys were cautious not to pick up injuries on the pitch... On a better pitch we would have beaten them well..

I'm sure south Africa will find it tough playing there next week..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
Danielnino00:
The south Africans really kept to their threat of boycotting their national team games oo... See empty stadium grin
why is that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
KevinDein:

Yep, see China.

China are doing their own the wrong way.. Wasting money on players who are well past their prime. .They should rather focus on grassroot football there...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
Jeremie Boga had the privilege of being already used to English football with Chelsea U-23s and even played a good part in Chelsea's preseason before the 2017/2018 season began. I know Boga. He is a good lad.

Now to Etebo... Give the dude a break. He has not been piss poor at Stoke. He has had mixed performances. He has had solid games and fine performances just as he has also struggled. Etebo is still adjusting fine to the English Championship. Give him time.
This same Etebo was a star in Russia. He made the most dribbles in a game in the first round vs Croatia. This guy brought a new drive and dynamism to our midfield with his Box-to-box plays. He was one of the most outstanding performers in Russia. No current Ivorian midfielder have done it on that sort of level. So show some respect and give the lad a break. He is true quality.

ChrisKels:

Make una dey decieve unaselves with Etebo who has been piss poor in the championship? Jeremie Boga was a hit in that same championship last season and today Dude is a starter for high flying Serie A side, Sassuolo. Guess what, Boga is a fringe player in the Ivorian team, he hardly gets a look in even though he plays in a better club and league than the might Etebo that runs rings grin grin

Bro take it from me, if Etebo was an Ivorian, he wouldn't be in their top 6 midfielders. KPOM!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2018
krattoss:
why is that

Because of their recent poor performance...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2018
South Africa just missed a sitter. But wait till the game ends. The scores may even remain 3-0.

ChrisKels:

Lol omo wait for their excuses to cover up for the crap of a coach called Rohr grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
ChrisKels:

U just opened ur nyash now. Pedigree doesn't play football, otherwise congo, no go dey ahead of us in ranking. England was talking about Pedigree but we kno who screwed who btwn dem and Belgium at the world cup. grin grin

Last warning, stop making me laff with those memes bro, I go shout here oo grin grin

Haba naa... By pedigree, I don't just mean past records oooo... Even on current standings and pedigree, C.A.R got nothing on Libya naa. So which nyash I open? See ehn... Na just fact ooo. Libya dey ball abeg. I have watched them as I have seen C.A.R too. I never see C.A.R for common CHAN but I dey see Libya... What else does that tell you?

Infact... Laugh kee you dia... Shout sef... I just dey look you...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2018
Oga Chriskels,tell me,I pray thee what are you hoping to achieve by hyping the ivory coast team here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2018
Danielnino00:
Oga Chriskels,tell me,I pray thee what are you hoping to achieve by hyping the ivory coast team here

His Wife-to-be is from dia...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2018
Rohr is very predictable. I thought he'd start to take more risks and experiment more once the World Cup is over. This is the right time to totally restructure and rebuild this team for the 2022 World Cup. To me, there's no reason why Ola Aina shouldn't be starting this game in place of Shehu especially taking cognizance of the fact that Shehu is just coming back from injury. There's no reason why Henry Onyekuru shouldn't start in place of Ighalo; at least, let's give him a chance and see what he's got.

Anyway, let's hope the Super Eagles can wrap up the qualifications after the return match next week so we can use the two remaining games to experiment and try new players.

O pari

Joebie:
If I were a trained tactician, I will be able to beat Rohr’s team easily. By being able to know what he would do (how he would line up) my job is 50% done. I will factor this into Everything I do in camp. With the right personnel, o pari o

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2018
ChrisKels:

U wan list and compare the players? I guess u dont know much about the CAR team. We are talking about a war ravaged Libya whose best player is a Serie B player with poor Crotone.

Are you sure you really follow African football?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:23pm On Oct 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

His Wife-to-be is from dia...

He must have poor taste in women cheesy

If I'm to marry an African Lady, I'd go for Ghana, Kenya or south Africa.. They have naturally pretty women with phat ass grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2018
komekn:

Por favor perdona mi ignorancia, que es cubana. ❓
what?.. is that Latin or Spanish?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2018
Joebie:
One, Ighalo knack post. Iwobi scores rebound

Also I think Iwobi was at AMF when Ighalo scored in the friendly against Cameroon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:34pm On Oct 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Jeremie Boga had the privilege of being already used to English football with Chelsea U-23s and even played a good part in Chelsea's preseason before the 2017/2018 season began. I know Boga. He is a good lad.

Now to Etebo... Give the dude a break. He has not been piss poor at Stoke. He has had mixed performances. He has had solid games and fine performances just as he has also struggled. Etebo is still adjusting fine to the English Championship. Give him time.
This same Etebo was a star in Russia. He made the most dribbles in a game in the first round vs Croatia. This guy brought a new drive and dynamism to our midfield with his Box-to-box plays. He was one of the most outstanding performers in Russia. No current Ivorian midfielder have done it on that sort of level. So show some respect and give the lad a break. He is true quality.

To the first bolded, no contradictions, Boga is a good player but not good enough for ivory coast hence the rare consideration. U think if Boga was a Nigerian, Etebo would have benched him? Bro with Boga and fofana who are fringe players wt d ivory coast team, though starters for top clubs in the Serie A, In our team, Etebo wouldn't be getting call ups, infact he would be another Uche Agbo(training cone) if he managed to get a call up. Gbam!!

About the second bolded, any dribble without an end product is as good as a cow dung. With all the dribbles, he ended up with relegation battling Stoke in the championship even after his over hyped exploits in the Laliga and Russia. Quality my left yansh mtcheew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2018
South Africa with their fourth of the game

(1) (2) (3) ... (4893) (4894) (4895) (4896) (4897) (4898) (4899) ... (16470) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), TheLoneCitizen(m), cromz(m), gatecrash123, AndSunGorilla, do4luv14(m), iamdynamite(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.