Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,283 members, 7,881,058 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4998) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12031076 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4995) (4996) (4997) (4998) (4999) (5000) (5001) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2018
NWAKALI JNR IS CRAP QED!
ChrisKels:

Dont bring Josh down because of that shameless agent. Josh has been a starter bar today. Now that doesnt mean Nwakali is crap. They all are ours, so no one should be murdered for the other. We have to support the two, no preferential treatment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2018
Phillip Billing highest rated Huddersfield player according to WhoScored.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2018
charlesemeka85:
success is blessed with the qualities to metamophose into the new samuel eto fil's. he is strong,pacey,skillful,verstaile and has an eye for goal. i pray he sustains his current form cus i foresee greater things from him this season

Key words: Focus and Humility. Congrats to the Oluku boy Isaac Success!!!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2018
Danielnino00:

The way they used to mention this Fernando Adi on this thread in the past eh....
He was inform now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
Hanibal:
The Josh maja that certain people are hyping here doesn't even get to start for Sunderland these days.
Imagine special English talent that Nigeria should beg to cap chopping bench in England's third division.

Oga josh maja has started 13 games and score 9 goals so what the hell of a crap are you saying? if you know nothing then please keep shut

Josh maja is the joint top scorer in league one with 9 goals

Please shut up your mouth if you know nothing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
Danielnino00:

The way they used to mention this Fernando Adi on this thread in the past eh....
He was in form then now....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
THEM NO GO SEE AM POST. #HATERS
Joebie:
Phillip Billing highest rated Huddersfield player according to WhoScored.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
ChrisKels:
Anybody see those haters of Success around? Please report if any is found grin grin

I don’t think anybody hates him.

I for one don't rate him, third season in the EPL. His time at Watford has been one of indiscipline, disgraceful off the field behaviour ( fighting with 4 Olosho) professional footballer getting over weight, etc.

Now in his third season he has decided t become focused. Grace has given him opportunity in the injuries to key players.

He has improved but I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Ighalo. He scored today, GOOD but should we be gyrating around in euphoria.

He is the striker he is supposed to score that's why they paid £12 million ➕ for him. How many goals will he score this season ❓ To show promise and create confidence in his ability he needs to score at least 10 goals.

I have watched him play he has some pace, physicality but not great finishing. So he is improving but is he exceptional NOT YET maybe at the end of the season he might be. Only time will tell.

But undoubtedly his first two seasons were a complete waste and as such rightly tagged him Wasteman.

Maybe he can make me eat humble pie by scoring a hat trick next week, I hope he does. But otherwise there is a vast improvement in his attitude and that's reflected in his play.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
komekn:

Chei na wah oh SPECAIL TALENT struggling with bench in youth team.
lol honestly you would make a good nigerian politician completely ignored the performance of someone you called a waste man but focused on the poor performance of somebody else which fits your narrative
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:13pm On Oct 27, 2018
He doesn’t have to score hat-trick na. He only needs to score 1 in every other game and he would have more than 10 league goals. You spoil ur fine post with that hat-trick requirement. Has Ighalo ever scored an EPL hat-trick sef? Tega Abrahams nko? My bro no fall my hand.
Cc komekn

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
komekn:

I for one don't rate him, third season in the EPL. His time at Watford has been one of indiscipline, disgraceful off the field behaviour ( fighting with 4 Olosho) professional footballer getting over weight, etc.

Now in his third season he has decided t become focused. Grace has given him opportunity in the injuries to key players.

He has improved but I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Ighalo. He scored today, GOOD but should we be gyrating around in euphoria.

He is the striker he is supposed to score that's why they paid £12 million ➕ for him. How many goals will he score this season ❓ To show promise and create confidence in his ability he needs to score at least 10 goals.

I have watched him play he has some pace, physicality but not great finishing. So he is improving but is he exceptional NOT YET maybe at the end of the season he might be. Only time will tell.

But undoubtedly his first two seasons were a complete waste and as such rightly tagged him Wasteman.

Maybe he can make me eat humble pie by scoring a hat trick next week, I hope he does. But otherwise there is a vast improvement in his attitude and that's reflected in his play.

He dont need to score a hatrick, if he can score 1 game in every 3 games then its okay,which one be hatrick again........ abegi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2018
K. Nwakali is among few players some have tagged SPECIAL TALENT.

chrisooblog:
lol honestly you would make a good nigerian politician completely ignored the performance of someone you called a waste man but focused on the poor performance of somebody else which fits your narrative
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2018
Exactly my point earlier grin
andrew444:

He dont need to score a hatrick, if he can score 1 game in every 3 games then its okay,which one be hatrick again........ abegi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
It seems Kenneth Omeruo has won a starting shirt.

I said he just arrived and time should be given to him

But some people are already tagging him a bench warmer

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2018
komekn:

lol I had commented before I saw this post we have always criticized success before for his poor attitude and we are happy that he is slowly turning the corner I'm just curious why haven't you dropped similar nuggets of wisdom 4 Solanke?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2018
Omeruo’s gonna be an SE player for more years to come. Still relevant.
andrew444:
It seems Kenneth Omeruo has won a starting shirt.

I said he just arrived and time should be given to him

But some people are already tagging him a bench warmer

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 5:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Anyone have any idea as to why Tunisia is #1 in Africa and #22 in the world. Who have they faced in the AFCON qualifiers? How have they gotten so high in the rankings. Because, from what I remember, they did not play well at the world cup.

It was never going to be easy for Tunisia at the world cup having to face England and Belgium (Eventual Semifinalists) in the same group. They're doing very well currently: 100% record so far in the AFCON qualifiers beating Egypt along the way.

They're good.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
Solanke should go to a team that he is guaranteed playing time and prove that he is not CURRENTLY a wasteman.

chrisooblog:
lol I had commented before I saw this post we have always criticized success before for his poor attitude and we are happy that he is slowly turning the corner I'm just curious why haven't you dropped similar nuggets of wisdom 4 Solanke?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
This season will be the toughest season for all top4 leagues round the globe.

EPL this season is as dope and competitive as shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2018
Joebie:
K. Nwakali is among few players some have tagged SPECIAL TALENT.

I understand you bro not knocking the criticism just questioning the decision to see the bad performance of 1 player while ignoring how good the waste man was
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
Odubajo an unused sub for brentford in their match against Norwich.

Ajayi however clicked 90mins for Rotherham vs Preston

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
komekn:

I have NEVER agreed with you on anything on this thread,but on this one I say:

Agreed without reservation

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
At least komekn, hope that the man continues in his upward trajectory.

chrisooblog:
I understand you bro not knocking the criticism just questioning the decision to see the bad performance of 1 player while ignoring how good the waste man was

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
For now, all of you preaching about our local league should please stop. These guys are brothers to Flash in the Pan and cannot even bench anyone currently in the Team B of the SE.

When you think it's about pitches, that's when they flop most. Which means their problem is way above good pitches. It's wacky.

Whoever is comparing a 37yr old Pirlo to the 37yr old in the NPFL?

Oh Cmon. plssssss

If we want to only adopt the diet system in European football alone to the NPFL, 80% of them would never be called professionals again!!!

I'd however hope for the best that if the League Body does it's part, the face of the League and it's mentality, psychology. would follow suit.

For now, it's a no no for National Team!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:29pm On Oct 27, 2018
i am happy for him for admitting that his talented have been wasting and stangnant for the past few seasons. playing week in week out in the best league in the world will enhance his game alot.

had it been he didnt waste almost half of his playing career in turkey omeruo would have been rated by now along side koulibally,bailly and few others as the best centre backs in africa.

his laliga exploit and experience will open doors to bigger things for him after the season. who knows, teams like villareal,valencia and other decent clubs in spain may battle for his signature permanently from chelsea

Joebie:
Omeruo’s gonna be an SE player for more years to come. Still relevant.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2018
Can our best NPFL XI beat a team made of Nigerian debutants in Europe?

daveP:
For now, all of you preaching about out local league should please stop. These guys are brothers to The Flash and cannot even bench anyone currently in the Team B of the SE.

When you think it's about pitches, that's when they flop most. Which means their problem is way above good pitches. It's wacky.

Whoever as comparing a 37yr old Pirlo to the 37yr old in the NPFL?

Oh Cmon. plssssss

If we want to only adopt the diet system in European football alone to the NPFL, 80% of them would never be called professionals again!!!

I'd however hope for the best that if the League Body does it's part, the face of the League and it's mentality, psychology. would follow suit.

For now, it's a no no for National Team!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
Yes agree he should have been a better player today IF...
charlesemeka85:
i am happy for him for admitting that his talented have been wasting and stangnant for the past few seasons. playing week in week out in the best league in the world will enhance his game alot.

had it been he didnt waste almost half of his playing career in turkey omeruo would have been rated by now along side koulibally,bailly and few others as the best centre backs in africa.

his laliga exploit and experience will open doors to bigger things for him after the season. who knows, teams like villareal,valencia and other decent clubs in spain may battle for his signature permanently from chelsea

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:33pm On Oct 27, 2018
ajayi is doing pretty well in the colors of rotherdam so far this season. it is a good decision from rohr to incorporate him to the new eagles. but can'trohr makeout time to scout eze in the same championship?
Joebie:
Odubajo an unused sub for brentford in their match against Norwich.

Ajayi however clicked 90mins for Rotherham vs Preston

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2018
beat ko! forget those farmers in the nfpl deceiving themselves to be footballers. i can only have an interest in an nfpl player who is at the age bracket of 18-20,if you don pass this age my brother no super eagles hope for you
Joebie:
Can our best NPFL XI beat a team made of Nigerian debutants in Europe?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:37pm On Oct 27, 2018
Ajayi did not need to switch countries. Eze [and a few other Championship players] also had that going for him. Rohr has no excuse really.

charlesemeka85:
ajayi is doing pretty well in the colors of rotherdam so far this season. it is a good decision from rohr to incorporate him to the new eagles. but can'trohr makeout time to scout eze in the same championship?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2018
A round-up of Nigerian players that were in action for their respective clubs in the English Premier League on Saturday, October 27.

Nigerian players with dual nationalities and have played competitively for the senior national teams of other countries have been omitted.

At Vicarage Road Stadium, Isaac Success started for the second successive game as Watford recorded a 3-0 win over Philip Billing's Huddersfield Town.

High quality goals from Roberto Pereyra and Gerard Deulofeu gave the Hornets a 2-0 lead at the interval.

Billing was yellow carded in the 34th minute for fouling Isaac Success. The Nigeria international netted the game clinching goal from close range in the 80th minute before he was substituted three minutes later.

Let's go to Craven Cottage, Bournemouth are just one point outside the top four in the provisional standings following their 3-0 win over Fulham, with Callum Wilson (2) and David Brooks scoring for the away team.

The Cherries number 10 Jordon Ibe remained on the bench for the entirety of the game, teammate Nnamdi Ofoborh was not in the 18.

At Anfield, England U21 star Dominic Solanke was not in the Liverpool squad that thrashed Cardiff City 4-1.

Jurgen Klopp's side established a two-goal lead courtesy of strikes from Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane, Callum Paterson gave the Bluebirds hope when he halved the deficit in the 77th minute.

Xherdan Shaqiri made it 3-1 on 84 minutes and it became game over when Mane got his second goal of the game on 87 minutes.

Brighton & Hove made it three wins in a row after beating Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-0, Glenn Murray with the game winner just after half-time.

Super Eagles defender Leon Balogun watched proceedings from the bench for the entirety of the game at The American Express Community Stadium.

The 18-year-old striker Michael Obafemi was not in the Southampton squad held to a goalless draw by Newcastle United at St. Mary's Stadium.

In the late kickoff, Kelechi Iheanacho and Wilfred Ndidi both start for Leicester City against West Ham at the KP Stadium.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2018
do u know Issac success goal is his first league goal in 2 years ? undecided Una better stop the hype and allow my guy to concentrate this season

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4995) (4996) (4997) (4998) (4999) (5000) (5001) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: EEGA and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.