Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5025) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11989792 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5022) (5023) (5024) (5025) (5026) (5027) (5028) ... (16392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:15pm On Oct 31, 2018
I nominate JOEBIE,

but sir ICON4s hope say rigging no go dey ooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
komekn:

Is the Godswill Ekpolo that was at Fleetwood Town struggling to get games❓

Left Barca B to the English league one. I watched him live, I just couldn't understand how someone would leave Barca B to go and play Kick and Rush, blood and guts, football. Of course he struggled couldn't get a run of games, just couldn't tune into that type of football. He was unable to make an impression.

But he has gone to the Swedish league and he has become a baller according to you.

Has he improved or is that the league is more suited to his style of play.

Swedish football is not exactly great to be diplomatic.

He has been outstanding in the league and the league is far better than the slovenia league where Musa Mohammed is an ordinary RB, yet always considered ahead of better performing stars. I aint asking for Ekpolo to be called up but it was embarrassing to read that Musa Mohammed of Gorica made the Eagles standby list that was released recently

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 10:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
Cramp has set in...111minutes...Obinna balling seriously
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 10:21pm On Oct 31, 2018
I nominate icon4
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:23pm On Oct 31, 2018
Taliban:
I nominate elyte to keep the committee entertained with dry jokes and metaljigsaw to arrange for sayo.

It would be good to nominate safari girl but a less aesthetically endowed player like taye taiwo will never be nominated. Na only asempete like ekong and awaziem go dey win all the time, infaCT don't be surprised if loftus cheek wins best Nigerian footballer because he's asempete.

If u wan to scatter the committe wt fight, nominate andrew4... Jesu!! Who slap me from behind angry angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2018
ChrisKels:

He has been outstanding in the league and the league is far better than the slovenia league where Musa Mohammed is an ordinary RB, yet always considered ahead of better performing stars. I aint asking for Ekpolo to be called up but it was embarrassing to read that Musa Mohammed of Gorica made the Eagles standby list that was released recently

Are these Slovenia league better than the NPFL question ❓ maybe more organised and structured and definitely have more money.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2018
Icon4s:

Thank you for the observation and this comment.

Firstly, though I personally do not condone insults but there is nothing demeaning about any discussions or arguments going on here. Fact that people are arguing viciously a course here only goes to show the deep concern some of us have about Nigerian football.

Davep, I have always known you on this thread but have also known u are not among those regular contributors. I bet you to get more involved in discussions and see if you will not find yourself in one heated argument or the other. Yes, that is what it is "heated arguments".

There is nothing happening here now that has never been happening before. These arguments are what keep the thread going. A lot of us do not do insults here because we always know when to stop when the heated arguments are beginning to go over the roof.

There are some people who cannot just look away when certain skewed information are being posted here. If anyone has any reason to oppose any view he should be ready to back it up with valid facts. That's all!

As long as we all remain on this thread there is no way we will all reason alike. And so you should expect more heated arguments to continue.

However, as we have always cautioned, ''do not blow below the belt''.

Wow.

I'm around but in observation mode since one incident that turned the way this thread was from inception. I've been here at the beginning and 5000pages old, I'm still here. Contribution-wise, I cant take any hero trophy for that, like I said above. But I've been involved in arguments, you just missed cos it wasn't major. That's all. Was just busy, but at free time, here is home. And I wish it's still home cos arguments were once taken in a respectful way in like now that insults are flying like group of migrating birds all over.

The Pep Guadiola argument I had with The GoodJo spanned more than 47pages and both of us didn't even insult ourselves then. That was heated!!! Until the supernerd Issue....

So I'd still very much be on the stance that whether heated or chilled, let things go in such a way that we don't turn it to an abusive contest.

This has birthed the current psychology of the thread being an all "you must know all or keep shut" Kinda thread. Something we both know wasn't like that before.

Overall, I hope for the best, just like you do. And nevertheless, we'll get there if we all agree.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2018
komekn:

Are these Slovenia league better than the NPFL question ❓ maybe more organised and structured and definitely have more money.

NPFL kwa? I no understand u bro. I thought we were comparing the Swedish and Slovenian leagues? Where NPFL take creep in kwanu?

To me, na Odubajo be the koko if healthy. Dats behind Tyrone and Aina oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2018
Gyori vs Upjest 2-3

In this game Obinnaa Nwobodo scored a brace. And the also the referee gave ADDED TIME IN EXTRA TIME....Was he right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2018
Joebie:
Hahaha Ambrose don suffer

Man the football is poor I think it's below league 2 in England It's that poor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:34pm On Oct 31, 2018
ChrisKels:

NPFL kwa? I no understand u bro. I thought we were comparing the Swedish and Slovenian leagues? Where NPFL take creep in kwanu?

To me, na Odubajo be the koko if healthy. Dats behind Tyrone and Aina oo

The football quality I think in the NPFL is better but what kills us is lack if structure, organisation and money otherwise I think NPFL is better.

I am watching Hearts vs Hibernian and honestly no emotive bias I think Enyimba will beat any of these two teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2018
ChrisKels:

It is in Croatia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:54pm On Oct 31, 2018
komekn:

The football quality I think in the NPFL is better but what kills us is lack if structure, organisation and money otherwise I think NPFL is better.

I am watching Hearts vs Hibernian and honestly no emotive bias I think Enyimba will beat any of these two teams.

I understand u feel disappointed wt what they are serving u there at Hearts, but are u really gonna bash the Swedish league for that? Come on man, dont be too emotional
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:58pm On Oct 31, 2018
Daninya11:
Fikayo Tomori starts as CB for Derby county
Vic mo didn't make match day squad for Chelsea.

Tomori scored an own goal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:00pm On Oct 31, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Did he fail the MRI test yay or nay? Cheating is cheating boss. Everyone knew the required birth month and so did he, just like the Benin players who failed knew they were over the required age. I am not bashing Ndidi btw. This is a sporting offense and the government has no right to arrest anybody. Send your information to FIFA and get them banned but locking them up is utterly ridiculous. What is next, will they arrest those who get red cards or score own goals? I have been in favour of a ban from all youth teams but this is just not right.

Failing the MRI screening does not mean cheating. Sometimes the player can be within the range and fail. Maduabuchi Obinwa was 16 but still failed. That does not mean he cheated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:03pm On Oct 31, 2018
ChrisKels:

If u wan to scatter the committe wt fight, nominate andrew4... Jesu!! Who slap me from behind angry angry

Lol!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:04pm On Oct 31, 2018
do4luv14:
I nominate JOEBIE,
but sir ICON4s hope say rigging no go dey ooo
Dem go pay money to the committee members?
So how rigging go take dey? Lol.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
Icon4s:

Thank you everyone that has responded.

With 20likes and 0 shares it means we have a unanimous decision here, so no time to waste.

Next we go ahead and make nominations of Players Selection Committee members.

Please I crave the involvement of everyone in the house, including those on ghost mode.

Remember the three rules for nomination of Players Selection Committee members
1. You are to nominate one person
2. Do not nominate yourself
3. Do not nominate twice.

Ladies and Gentlemen the floor is open. smiley
obviously, tbaba

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:13pm On Oct 31, 2018
komekn:

A lot of these European leagues are overrated.

If the NPFL can get its acts right in terms of stadium facilities, Sponsorship deals, TV rights and organization and if the clubs can also take care of their players welfare the Nigerian league can return to its glory days.

It is disheartening for an NPFL top scorer to leave a footballing country like Nigeria and travel to play football in Slovenia, Belarus or Azerbaijan. And some in Turkish second and third divisions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Failing the MRI screening does not mean cheating. Sometimes the player can be within the range and fail. Maduabuchi Obinwa was 16 but still failed. That does not mean he cheated.

Look rules are rules. It doesn't matter if a player is one month above or 10, the fact still remains that by FIFA laws u are not allowed to participate. If u knowingly try to pass as an U17 even by a day then that is cheating. We all agree that mistakes happen but how many cases are there? Not enough to change FIFA's mind till date.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:41pm On Oct 31, 2018
Odunayaw:
In the coming season after '19 we'd be back to having twos in both competitions

Very disappointing nonetheless

I pray so cos Even the best from the league are trying to pass the message that a very standard, pretty looking pitch cannot guarantee flair and success.

I believe though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:46pm On Oct 31, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

How do u expect the baby to cry because u removed his wet diaper? The question should be do the clubs even care that the slots are taken? See how they just agreed that Lobi will be champions. They won't say it but our clubs don't fancy continental football. These are people who can't even book hotel for their players after matches just know they would volunteer to book international flights and pay for up keep.

I remember listening to Akwa United's chairman on Naija Made after we failed to make it into the group stage and he said that we lost because there are no good players in Nigeria to sign. That being true or false was not my concern but what stopped him from going to other countries to find quality players? These are things one must do to succeed on the continent but how many of our clubs do this?

Lol at your description.

Imagine such a statement by the chairman.

For the 3rd year in a row now, our league seems to be playing catch up.

Why can't they just align with this calendar that other CAF top teams are using?

Saw the split up format of the League and I wept.

The league needs the services of a dozen experts. But something always kill the efforts of these peeps and progress is conclusively alien to these peeps.

Ask most of these teams what they see the club doing in 5yrs time, you'll know they are just fooling around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:58pm On Oct 31, 2018
Too bad!!

komekn:

Man the football is poor I think it's below league 2 in England It's that poor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:47am On Nov 01, 2018
daveP:
Lol at your description.

Imagine such a statement by the chairman.

For the 3rd year in a row now, our league seems to be playing catch up.

Why can't they just align with this calendar that other CAF top teams are using?

Saw the split up format of the League and I wept.

The league needs the services of a dozen experts. But something always kill the efforts of these peeps and progress is conclusively alien to these peeps.

Ask most of these teams what they see the club doing in 5yrs time, you'll know they are just fooling around.

The problem is that football is politicized in Nigeria. How many clubs can say they have a philosophy and have stuck with it? By the time a new governor comes in the whole philosophy of the club changes. The NFF is not helping because till today there is no product to buy. The Aiteo Cup was not broadcasted until the finals but the NFF could not even come out of pocket to buy commercial slots for the events ? This is very childish, how can they put an event on TV and not advertise it? Were people going to see about the game in their dreams?

The ideal situation would be the clubs being privatized but the problem then becomes where to find that private entity that will want to invest in a local club. I do know that as long as clubs stay in the hands of the government there will be little progress.

The Nigerian transfer window is open right now but with elections on the horizon all u will see are mass release of players.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 12:52am On Nov 01, 2018
Happy New Month everyone smiley. October was a good month for me and I pray for better days and weeks ahead, for all of us in this new month of November. Play play play play,year go soon end cheesy. God bless y'all.

That reminds me,I'm voting for andrew444 grin. Just to spark up the committee a little grin cool.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 2:13am On Nov 01, 2018
I voted. Forgiveness

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 5:11am On Nov 01, 2018
Icon4s:

Thank you everyone that has responded.

With 20likes and 0 shares it means we have a unanimous decision here, so no time to waste.

Next we go ahead and make nominations of Players Selection Committee members.

Please I crave the involvement of everyone in the house, including those on ghost mode.

Remember the three rules for nomination of Players Selection Committee members
1. You are to nominate one person
2. Do not nominate yourself
3. Do not nominate twice.

Ladies and Gentlemen the floor is open. smiley

Forgiveness grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 7:01am On Nov 01, 2018
Icon4s:

Tomori scored an own goal.
really gawd where are hypers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2018
elyte89:

Who asked you grin grin,na play o

Na because say you never cross seme border before? Bad belle.

Na play oh grin.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:39am On Nov 01, 2018
busky007:
really gawd where are hypers
He had a good game barring the OG
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:38am On Nov 01, 2018
ChrisKels:

lol.....if you want the reports of the committee to be rejected, nominate forgiveness and komekn.

A 3-man committee is too small as far as I am concerned. 5 people would have been more ideal for the sake of equal representation.

As it stands, a 3-man committee would not be ideal, I for one, will not accept anything that has Komekn and forgiveness in it at the same time, except this idea is supposed to be a joke and we're all just playing around. That is like having me and Supernerd in a 3-man committee

Cc icon4s.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:40am On Nov 01, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Na because say you never cross seme border before? Bad belle.

Na play oh grin.

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5022) (5023) (5024) (5025) (5026) (5027) (5028) ... (16392) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Mybettingtips(m), charlesemeka85(m), kendrick9(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.