Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,327 members, 7,881,224 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:40 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12031759 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5161) (5162) (5163) (5164) (5165) (5166) (5167) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:30pm On Nov 24, 2018
Icon4s:

I want us to win it again and again. Let the other African teams go and work hard if they want to dethrone us as Queens of African Female Football.

As for those names E. Guinea have always been known to parade Nigerian origin players.
Meanwhile, the committee needs your attention.

About dethroning us, Cameron are sure gonna do that for me. I am upbeat.

Yea yea yea, one player(Blessing Nnabugwu Diala) of the Nigerian contingents in the in Guinean team stood out for me today, Chigozie then Celestina.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:33pm On Nov 24, 2018
Joebie:
MOTM
Man of The Moment

that' journalist who interviewed rohr yesterday is just like rohr...
Dude could not tell it to the white man's eye the need to draft in these lad fast being that rohr cite the SE play making role in the midfield as one of the core areas that currently need reinforcements.
the daft journalist was merely looking and asking questions he wrote down prior the meeting.
*me just angry...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2018
ChrisKels:

About dethroning us, Cameron are sure gonna do that for me. I am upbeat.

Yea yea yea, one player(Blessing Nnabugwu Diala) of the Nigerian contingents in the in Guinean team stood out for me today, Chigozie then Celestina.

Una with this una fear of Cameroon again. Cameroonphobia.

Just watch as we go take beat them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2018
According to Rohr Moses's agent influenced his decision to quit the SE so as to focus on Chelsea...

Very terrible decision if its true...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:42pm On Nov 24, 2018
Danielnino00:

Are you this pessimistic in real life?

grin grin grin grin,na wa o

Me just talk wetin dey my mind,you can also say urs

Na,after 11th trophy, its becoming boring to me,it has nothing to do with pessimism cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Una with this una fear of Cameroon again. Cameroonphobia.

Just watch as we go take beat them.

Did u fail gst101? I said I want Nigeria to be dethroned and I tip Cameroun to help me do that. How that amounts to Camerophobia beats me. Dis Cameroun side isnt even as good as the one falcons brought down in the final in Cameroun. I just want us not to win and Cameroun hpns to be the best among the other three teams looking to bring down Nigeria, hence my support ahead of the other three teams. Our sporadic winnings defeat the competitiveness of the tourney, so I want another team. And that team right now is Cameroun. Simple
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2018
Humility017:
We have already called up a lot of local players, but many of them end up going to Europe. Sometimes I feel like agents just want to bring them to the national team to make it easier to sell them,”

Rohr nailed it....
waiting for oga Basco to come refute this assertion.

So because a player is in the national team he should lack ambition? Why didn't Ekong stay in Gent or Norway. The national team makes it easier to sell every player. That is why scout show up at matches so is this really news? The coach should stop being lazy and search for players. Just like he said Nosa was the best Nigerian player in Israel so he didn't need John Ogu now all of a sudden he can't drop him. I rather he say the competition isn't good enough than to come up with this mess because it just doesn't add up. Who in the Super Eagles won't want to go to a better club?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2018
ChrisKels:

I dont want us to win it, I just want us to secure a world cup place. Our incessant triumphs make the competition look like a Disney show. It is becoming boring.

By d way, how many Nigerians started for Equatorial Guinea today? I counted 3, bar Okoro

Na wetin I dey try talk my oga,its becoming boring winning it,wey oda moniker dey talk abt pessimism,
I no sabi wen we dey measure our optimism for real life thru comment on dis thread grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2018

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2018
tbaba1234:
Ebere Eze's second assist

https://twitter.com/QPRSteve1982/status/1066371577602818048

Pin point accurate pass. I'm keeping my eye on this dude.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2018
elyte89:

Na wetin I dey try talk my oga,its becoming boring winning it,wey oda moniker dey talk abt pessimism,
I no sabi wen we dey measure our optimism for real life thru comment on dis thread grin grin
I do think the Cameroons should have won it last edition they hosted. At this tournament they look too ordinary nothing spectacular except using raw power that they are known for. The South Africans for me look the most organize and will actually give us a run for our money. However, they benefitted from our Coach Mistake in the first match. He played 4-4-2 in the first game he started Ajibade on the wings instead of Okobi in midfield. Since that has been corrected, we look more compact and very organize. I do not see any team that can defeat us in this tournament! Maybe next one in Congo cos our players are ageing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2018
fabyom:
I do think the Cameroons should have won it last edition they hosted. At this tournament they look too ordinary nothing spectacular except using raw power that they are known for. The South Africans for me look the most organize and will actually give us a run for our money. However, they benefitted from our Coach Mistake in the first match. He played 4-4-2 in the first game he started Ajibade on the wings instead of Okobi in midfield. Since that has been corrected, we look more compact and very organize. I do not see any team that can defeat us in this tournament! Maybe next one in Congo cos our players are ageing.

Good response sir fabyom...u re sighted
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2018
ChrisKels:

Did u fail gst101? I said I want Nigeria to be dethroned and I tip Cameroun to help me do that. How that amounts to Camerophobia beats me. Dis Cameroun side isnt even as good as the one falcons brought down in the final in Cameroun. I just want us not to win and Cameroun hpns to be the best among the other three teams looking to bring down Nigeria, hence my support ahead of the other three teams. Our sporadic winnings defeat the competitiveness of the tourney, so I want another team. And that team right now is Cameroun. Simple

Oga, you cannot be saying this if you are truly a fan of Nigerian football.

You want us to be dethroned! Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:38pm On Nov 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Baba d one wey we don win self, has it really translated to d world stage,no b beat dem dey beat us grin,aside d 99edition wey Brazil beat us 4-3 for quarterfinals,dt match remains one of d most interesting super falcon match till date. So emotional cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:38pm On Nov 24, 2018
fabyom:

See, I watched that Nigeria vs SA game from start to finish. We dominated play from start to finish. We just didn't have that cutting edge at the final quarter of the field. The SA goal came against the run of play. They were lucky in that game.

We would be favorites to win if we meet again in the final.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 9:39pm On Nov 24, 2018
elyte89:

Good response sir fabyom...u re sighted
Yes Sir!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2018
elyte89:

Baba d one wey we don win self, has it really translated to d world stage,no b beat dem dey beat us grin,aside d 99edition wey Brazil beat us 4-3 for quarterfinals,dt match remains one of d most interesting super falcon match till date. So emotional cool

This is not enough for u to wish we should not win.

If Nigeria cannot do well at the World stage then no other team in Africa can. That is the reality for now.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 9:47pm On Nov 24, 2018
Icon4s:

See, I watched that Nigeria vs SA game from start to finish. We dominated play from start to finish. We just didn't have that cutting edge at the final quarter of the field. The SA goal came against the run of play. They were lucky in that game.

We would be favorites to win if we meet again in the final.
Objection! We had just one scoring opportunity by Oparanozie in that game. I could remember, I was so angered by our style of play and I complained bitterly about it. Actually, I was into female soccer in Naija and I had coached a few teenage teams. Our midfield was none existence, Southie bossed that midfield especially in the second half. We were 2nd best on that day and that's the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:47pm On Nov 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Nwoke oma, dis has nothing do with being a fan or not. I am a hardcore fan of Nigerian football, buh that won't mask how I feel about the one horse race of the AWCON.

I aint saying Falcons should falter, instead I want Cameroun to rise up to the occasion to help make this AWCON look more like a competition. The AWCON shouldn't be anybody's birth right.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2018
Icon4s:

This is not enough for u to wish we should not win.

If Nigeria cannot do well at the World stage then no other team in Africa can. That is the reality for now.

You nailed it jare... As far as women football in Africa is concerned, Nigeria is far ahead of d rest.
Countries like South Africa are putting in a lot of money to develop women football but in reality, they don't have the talent to match us...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

So because a player is in the national team he should lack ambition? Why didn't Ekong stay in Gent or Norway. The national team makes it easier to sell every player. That is why scout show up at matches so is this really news? The coach should stop being lazy and search for players. Just like he said Nosa was the best Nigerian player in Israel so he didn't need John Ogu now all of a sudden he can't drop him. I rather he say the competition isn't good enough than to come up with this mess because it just doesn't add up. Who in the Super Eagles won't want to go to a better club?

so you call some obscure leagues in eastern Europe a better club....

you're funny...or rather trying to hide away from the truth.
you and I know...that the prime season why many npfl clubs and management are calling for the inclusion of home based players in rohr project is not because they love see them play perse but rather makes it easy for them to package these players to any club abroad...even if it has to be Kazakhstan, finland or vietnam...they don't mind
provided they will cool cash from the deals...

after they've successfully package some they begin to cry for the call ups of others so as to make as much proceeds they can for these player sales (player-agent slavery).

so bro...though I may not like rohr but this utterance are spot on.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

You missed the point my friend. In a nutshell Rohr meant to say that good local players don't remain local players for very long when they start getting games with the national team. And when such players inevitably move abroad, some people continue asking for other local players!

So the question is should he dump those players who were local players and then moved abroad simply because of the need to keep having local players in the team? If he does so it would be an aimless and never ending cycle demonstrating extreme stupidity.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2018
komekn:

This is not just an open secret but more or less established fact.

One of the things I have found with consistent regularity on this particular thread. Is the refusal to accept plain truths and facts.

When you talk about age cheating people scream and shout Hatred and prejudice. As if it's not rampant infact it's more than rampant it is in every facet of life across Nigeria and established practice. But we pretend or prefer to live in deceptive delusion.

The purpose for every NPFL player ultimately is to get to Europe by any means necessary. Whatever it takes.

That proposition creates opportunity for people like Salisu to manipulate the situation for personal gain. I personally know agents who had some incredible influence on players selection in the past. NFF has been corrupt has it all changed because Buhari has come ❓ Does a Leopard change it spots.

Integrity is not often served as a regular meal on the Nigerian dinner table. By the way I have worked in Nigeria before and I talk from personal painful experience.

Because the NPFL has not created a structure that is transparent and equitable that creates opportunity for our players to be nurtured and developed to be able to be competitive on the global stage.

European football is just as bad, that's where the corruption was birthed.
I agree with you...
but please let's leave matters of corruption allegation for now.

what rohr said up there happens to true and it is something that need to be addressed in our local leagues....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2018
fabyom:
Objection! We had just one scoring opportunity by Oparanozie in that game. I could remember, I was so angered by our style of play and I complained bitterly about it. Actually, I was into female soccer in Naija and I had coached a few teenage teams. Our midfield was none existence, Southie bossed that midfield especially in the second half. We were 2nd best on that day and that's the truth

Not true. Nigeria bossed the game.

South Africa scored from the only real chance they created.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2018
wayodude:

You missed the point my friend. In a nutshell Rohr meant to say that good local players don't remain local players for very long when they start getting games with the national team. And when such players inevitably move abroad, some people continue asking for other local players!

So the question is should he dump those players who were local players and then moved abroad simply because of the need to keep having local players in the team? If he does so it would be an aimless and never ending cycle demonstrating extreme stupidity.

God bless you....
you nailed it.
and the painful thing many end up in obscure leagues..after they've sojourn like journey man they return back to the npfl to come relaunch their dying careers.

our football won't grow that way....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:13pm On Nov 24, 2018
ChrisKels:

Nwoke oma, dis has nothing do with being a fan or not. I am a hardcore fan of Nigerian football, buh that won't mask how I feel about the one horse race of the AWCON.

I aint saying Falcons should falter, instead I want Cameroun to rise up to the occasion to help make this AWCON look more like a competition. The AWCON shouldn't be anybody's birth right.

Look, a fan will support his team any day any time and in any situation.

Yes Cameroon and any other country can raise their game to increase the level of competition. But not that you should be wishing that they should beat Nigeria so that we can be dethroned. That is not fan-like at all.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:23pm On Nov 24, 2018
wayodude:

Wat the coach said is as silly as saying you don't want children because they will grow old and die. We should want our players to go to better situations no matter what. When Musa left the league it was a good thing and the same with Etebo. How will you expect someone to stay in the league for call up when there is no difference between you and a cone when you get there.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2018
Humility017:

God bless you....
you nailed it.
and the painful thing many end up in obscure leagues..after they've sojourn like journey man they return back to the npfl to come relaunch their dying careers.

our football won't grow that way....
Is that what Musa and Etebo have done. Players go back to their countries everywhere in the world and I am happy that can happen here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:29pm On Nov 24, 2018
Joebie:
Wolves youngster Buur’s new deal could mean curtains for outcast Iorfa

Wolverhampton Wanderers have handed a new deal to youngster Oskar Buur.

The highly rated right-back joined the club last year from Aarhus GF, and made his first-team bow in the EFL Cup against Bristol Rovers, before debuting in the Championship against Hull City – a game in which he actually scored an important equaliser.

Buur featured in pre-season for Wolves and regularly trains with the first-team, but Nuno Espirito Santo hasn’t yet called on the Danish defender this season.

He has, however, been a regular for the U23s, featuring nine times in PL2 so far this season.

He’ll be delighted to bag himself a new deal, but one man who might be concerned about the development could be forgotten man Dominic Iorfa.

End of the road for Iorfa?

Iorfa has been with Wolves since 2013 after coming up through the Black Country club’s youth system.

He burst onto the scene in the 2014/15 season, but really established himself in 2015/16, making 42 league appearances.

But last term he was loaned out to Ipswich Town, and this season he has appeared just twice in the Checkatrade Trophy.

Iorfa appears to have lost his way at Molineux in the last couple of years, and news of Buur’s new deal could see him leave in January.

Clearly the club feel confident enough in Buur that he can have a successful future at the club.

It is perhaps an indicator that he might soon be ready to challenge Matt Doherty for a place in the first-team, since he currently has no competition.

—tbrFootball

SMH.
Listening to Komekn, one would think this guy was the next thing to Sergio Ramos.

Now just negodu!grin

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Wat the coach said is as silly as saying you don't want children because they will grow old and die. We should want our players to go to better situations no matter what. When Musa left the league it was a good thing and the same with Etebo. How will you expect someone to stay in the league for call up when there is no difference between you and a cone when you get there.

Yes we should want everyone to do well in their respective walks of life BUT the national team should be for only the finest players eligible to play for Nigeria. The clamour for local players or players from any specific background should never arise. As the saying goes, 'a good product sells itself'. Those really good players in the NPFL will do just that on the back of the Super Eagles or otherwise! And as for the others? Ah well a job is a job and they've got jobs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 11:02pm On Nov 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Not true. Nigeria bossed the game.

South Africa scored from the only real chance they created.
Ok boss! I hear you

(1) (2) (3) ... (5161) (5162) (5163) (5164) (5165) (5166) (5167) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: etebefia, Dannyxy(m), humility33(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.