Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,317 members, 7,964,359 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 12:27 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12520809 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5281) (5282) (5283) (5284) (5285) (5286) (5287) ... (16732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:47am On Dec 25, 2018
You say make I forget goal. Na u I go forget o.
I know u? Make u go watch match again.
BascoVanVeli:

Forget goal, answer my questions or hold your peace.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:37am On Dec 25, 2018
Joebie:
You say make I forget goal. Na u I go forget o.
I know u? Make u go watch match again.

Please don't disturb me if you are going to avoid the questions. Did you even watch the match? Or was it goal that watched it for you?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:42am On Dec 25, 2018
In this loveliest and happiest of seasons, may you find many reasons to celebrate. Have a wonderful Christmas!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 9:56am On Dec 25, 2018
chrisooblog:
hello good captain just wanted to wish u and your family a very special merry christmas I think nigeria as a country don't do enough to honour and praise our brave men and women on the front lines big ups to all of you God bless you all
Thank you sir, Merry Christmas ... I got a rare Christmas break grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 10:00am On Dec 25, 2018
chrisooblog:
guy I'm also baffled about this mythology they keep spreading. South africa that scored from their only shot on target were poor it is now percy Tau who was exceptional
Percy Tau troubled the left side of our defence and made Omeruo look terrible many times.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 10:11am On Dec 25, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

One assist is now the definition of lively abi? Samuel Kalu had an assist but also had a shot on target. Was just as good defending as he was going forward, ran the SA backline rugged. If we compare the two it is clear that Tau was not even close to the MOTM. If our goals stand Percy would have only been a side note
Omeruo was very very poor on that day, giving Percy Tau room to operate freely.I wonder if the talks of him stopping Griezman against Atletico was true.

Percy Tau was unplayable in that match, none of our players did as much as he did.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:13am On Dec 25, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Oh Lord, not again!
won't you be surprised if nff don't own him...?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:27am On Dec 25, 2018
EEGA:
Omeruo was very very poor on that day, giving Percy Tau room to operate freely.I wonder if the talks of him stopping Griezman against Atletico was true.

Percy Tau was unplayable in that match, none of our players did as much as he did.

What room? Outside the goal Omeruo didn't even have much to do so I am shocked that you can say he was very very poor. You can never say that when the other team only had one shot on target and one chance created the whole match. How does that even work? A team had one single attack and you are saying our defender was poor. Ezenwa could have written a book with all the free time he had on his hands.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

What room? Outside the goal Omeruo didn't even have much to do so I am shocked that you can say he was very very poor. You can never say that when the other team only had one shot on target and one chance created the whole match. How does that even work? A team had one single attack and you are saying our defender was poor. Ezenwa could have written a book with all the free time he had on his hands.
Even Yobo confirmed our defenders gave him room to operate.

See,Percy Tau finished Omeruo that day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 11:04am On Dec 25, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

From Pulse.ng

Goal for South Africa
All credit to Percy Tau here, dribbles
Omeruo to run clear of Super Eagles
defence before squaring for Mothiba
to score in an empty net.

This is just one of them.I advise you rewatch the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:14am On Dec 25, 2018
EEGA:
From Pulse.ng

Goal for South Africa
All credit to Percy Tau here, dribbles
Omeruo to run clear of Super Eagles
defence before squaring for Mothiba
to score in an empty net.

This is just one of them.I advise you rewatch the game.

This is the one single attack i was talking about. Show something else
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:22am On Dec 25, 2018
EEGA:
Even Yobo confirmed our defenders gave him room to operate.

See,Percy Tau finished Omeruo that day.

So am I safe to say that u just don't like Omeruo? Why have i not heard u mention any other player? Seems u just want to bash Omeruo and nothing more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 11:25am On Dec 25, 2018
Humility017:

won't you be surprised if nff don't own him...?
Lol. To be honest, I'm surprised that the NFF had not acted up since the Rohr era. I almost began to believe in the NFF.

Well, a leopard never changes it's spots.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 11:27am On Dec 25, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

So am I safe to say that u just don't like Omeruo? Why have i not heard u mention any other player? Seems u just want to bash Omeruo and nothing more.
Stop being biased, Percy Tau was not effective in the right.

Bro,rewatch the game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:29am On Dec 25, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Oh Lord, not again!

if its true, its even better than being owned six months ,

and besides what's is that Barret cap minister was doing sitting on NFF budget

they had tried their best,

MERRY CHRISTMAS and a splendid NEW YEAR in advance,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 11:32am On Dec 25, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

You are just mixing yourself up. Tell us what else your Tau did apart from the assist. Did he have a shot? Did he create another chance? Who did he put under pressure? Was it Balogun, Ekong, Collins or Kalu? The only one sentimental here is you. You are going against reality just to prove a point
How come you didn't mention Omeruo? The goal even came from his side.He was also under pressure throughout the first- half.

You are being biased and tagging me a hater.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:33am On Dec 25, 2018
I disturb ur phone? You can answer ur own questions. Na u watch am for me grin

BascoVanVeli:

Please don't disturb me if you are going to avoid the questions. Did you even watch the match? Or was it goal that watched it for you?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:35am On Dec 25, 2018
Person don answer ur question. Now u dey call am Omeruo hater lol. I was never going to attempt your question. It’s a waste of time discussing with sentimental people.

BascoVanVeli:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:55am On Dec 25, 2018
EEGA:
How come you didn't mention Omeruo? The goal even came from his side.He was also under pressure throughout the first- half.

You are being biased and tagging me a hater.

Simple mistake. Both Omeruo and Ekong were on the scene of the crime and u only pinpoint Omeruo as the fall guy. U said he was very very poor and that showed the match was not all that was on ur mind. U know what u are doing so let me not stop u.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2018
Joebie:
I disturb ur phone? You can answer ur own questions. Na u watch am for me grin

Ok we are bored i see? Continue don't let me stop the fun.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2018
EEGA:
Stop being biased, Percy Tau was not effective in the right.

Bro,rewatch the game.

But didn't Tau cut in from the right to make his assist? But i need to rewatch the game abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 12:08pm On Dec 25, 2018
Merry Christmas everyone. Peace smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2018
Joebie:
Person don answer ur question. Now u dey call am Omeruo hater lol. I was never going to attempt your question. It’s a waste of time discussing with sentimental people.

Omo the only appetite me have today na for food and drinks. cool

No appetite for arguments today men... Merry Christmas.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Simple mistake. Both Omeruo and Ekong were on the scene of the crime and u only pinpoint Omeruo as the fall guy. U said he was very very poor and that showed the match was not all that was on ur mind. U know what u are doing so let me not stop u.

Bros today na Christmas o. I say make I remind you grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

But didn't Tau cut in from the right to make his assist? But i need to rewatch the game abi?
It's from our left side that had Omeruo not right.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Omeruo struggled to cope with Percy Tau's pace throughout the first-half.

Omeruo lacks pace.Even against Seychelles he had to foul their left-wing forward for getting past him.The same happened against Argentina where Messi outpaced him to score.He has always struggled to cope with pacy forwards.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:38pm On Dec 25, 2018
EEGA:
Omeruo struggled to cope with Percy Tau's pace throughout the first-half.

Omeruo lacks pace.Even against Seychelles he had to foul their left-wing forward for getting past him.The same happened against Argentina where Messi outpaced him to score.He has always struggled to cope with pacy forwards.

Where was the end result? Name one other thing that Percy Tau did, that is what I have been asking u ever since u came into this conversation. I repeat that SA had one single shot on target in 90 minutes. Btw are CBs now supposed to be world class sprinters? I wonder which defender u know has never been passed by a winger.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:39pm On Dec 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Bros today na Christmas o. I say make I remind you grin

I debate year round no days off grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 3:18pm On Dec 25, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Where was the end result? Name one other thing that Percy Tau did, that is what I have been asking u ever since u came into this conversation. I repeat that SA had one single shot on target in 90 minutes. Btw are CBs now supposed to be world class sprinters? I wonder which defender u know has never been passed by a winger.
At least he got an assist after being the best player for both teams.

The guy was a threat throughout the first-half.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2018
EEGA:
At least he got an assist after being the best player for both teams.

The guy was a threat throughout the first-half.

He had a special moment in the match that is not up for dispute but you can't even name one other thing that he did right. Did he create anything else apart from that? After the goal he was deposited in our defenders pocket, they didn't let him come out and play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2018
Odunayaw:
Sweet something

Rangers V USMBA

https://mobile.twitter.com/RangersIntFC/status/1077571965156814850/video/1

Holy cow!! See rubbishing. That final pass was to die for, Bright Silas reminds me of Chisom Egbuchalam's goal in Uyo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5281) (5282) (5283) (5284) (5285) (5286) (5287) ... (16732) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pidginwhisper, dankorode(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.