Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,796 members, 7,905,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:24 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12177621 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5598) (5599) (5600) (5601) (5602) (5603) (5604) ... (16473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:22am On Mar 12, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Midfielders: Andre Ayew (Fenerbahce, Turkey), Mubarak Wakaso (Alaves, Spain), Christian Atsu (Newcastle, England), Kwame Bonsu (Asante Kotoko), Ernest Asante (Al Jazira, UAE), Thomas Partey (Atletico Madrid, Spain), Alhassan Wakaso (Vitoria S.C, Portugal), Jeffrey Schlupp (Crystal Palace, England), Alfred Duncan (Sassuolo, Italy)

The bolded are good and I can bet Alfred Duncan is good because I highlighted how impressed I was with the play of Sassuolo when they played AC Milan. Unfortunately, I did not watch the Napoli - Sassuolo game.

In case u haven't seen Duncan play before, he typifies young Batkley of Everton. He likes short, simple but decisive passes in the midfield and around the final third. He also chips in wt his own fair share of goals. Duncan (though agonisingly under rated by Appiah), Partey and tireless Wakaso of Alavez are my best midfielders for the black stars.

Another young exciting midfielder is Godfred Donsah of Bologna, though incessant injuries have greatly slowed him down.

That said, since the inception of the 21st century, to me, that Kwesi Appiah of Wimbledon remains the biggest scam ever, in the history of the black stars. As much as I wanted the old Gold Coast to lose to the Ivory Coast in the 2015 AFCON final, that Kwesi boy made me feel badly for Ghana. Boy was worse than crap. He could neither trap nor complete a single pass, until he was yanked off before the hour mark. Very useless player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 9:13am On Mar 12, 2019
Plz what date is our match against Seychelles?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 9:16am On Mar 12, 2019
bossto:
Plz what date is our match against Seychelles?

March 22.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 9:16am On Mar 12, 2019
Does this guy sleep in his SE jersey? grin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:18am On Mar 12, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Yeah that's the secret of his goal scoring form grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:19am On Mar 12, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Still doesn't make him any less a waste in the pitch grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:19am On Mar 12, 2019
andrew444:

Yeah that's the secret of his goal scoring form grin
U mean his poor goals return? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:22am On Mar 12, 2019
ChrisKels:

Your sleepless night continues . grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:50am On Mar 12, 2019
andrew444:

You see komekn you are very crafty

Iheanacho steal the show at the u17 World Cup we all know that

How did success earn a move to Granada ? Me I don't know

Now let me tell you about success ,success was grenada player of the season during his last season there and watford have to break the bank to make a record transfer to sign him ,so you can see success is a good player and a special talent maybe that's why he was given work permit and the transfer fee involved

So why are you trying to pretend you don't know success was good in laliga and he is one of the best young stars there ? Oh I remember you once called him a waste man

Smh for you

You are taking matters out of CONTEXT.

The context is the requirements for Work permit with the English FA. In this context KC was able to meet the requirements by virtue of world wide acclaim and best players accolades at the U17 world cup.

That's why he got into Manchester city academy and following that first team.

This is not about Success the are complete different situations.

The requirements for Work permit in Italy and Spain are different. Then remember that the ownership if Watford was in the hands of family who owned three clubs at the time in La Liga, Seria A & The EPL. Completely different scenario.

These are simple facts what mischievous or crafty as you have claimed about what l have presented.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 10:58am On Mar 12, 2019
komekn:

You are taking matters out of CONTEXT.

The context is the requirements for Work permit with the English FA. In this context KC was able to meet the requirements by virtue of world wide acclaim and best players accolades at the U17 world cup.

That's why he got into Manchester city academy and following that first team.

This is not about Success the are complete different situations.

The requirements for Work permit in Italy and Spain are different. Then remember that the ownership if Watford was in the hands of family who owned three clubs at the time in La Liga, Seria A & The EPL. Completely different scenario.

These are simple facts what mischievous or crafty as you have claimed about what l have presented.

I think Isaac success was able to secure a work permit because of d fee Watford paid to secure his services
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 11:25am On Mar 12, 2019
ChrisKels:

Hatred will take you nowhere.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 11:36am On Mar 12, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

REALLY
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
damagnificentusb:

I think Isaac success was able to secure a work permit because of d fee Watford paid to secure his services

Thank you

That's what I am trying to say earlier ,the record transfer fee

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

You can say that again bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 12:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
y is it that nobody'(NFF) is talking about this boy or are they willing to let it go like AKANI

Interested In Signing FC Basel's Nigerian Winger
Published: March 12, 2019
Premier League champions Manchester City are exploring ways to sign FC Basel's Nigerian super kid Noah Okafor, according to reports.
Goal Nigeria has reported that the Basel number eleven is attracting interest from Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund and Inter Milan among others ahead of the opening of the summer transfer window.
It is believed that the Swiss powerhouse offered Okafor a new deal twelve days ago to fend off interest from these big teams abroad as he had penned a professional contract in January 2018.
The 18-year-old has broken into FC Basel's starting line-up in recent weeks, starting their last four matches and having a hand in two goals.
Born and raised in Switzerland, he has family ties to Nigeria and is on the radar of the Nigeria Football Federation with a view to a possible invitation to the Dream Team VII and Super Eagles.
His recent contract extension keeps him at FC Basel until the end of the 2022-2023 season.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2019
PetroDollax:
Fuckeduppedness grin It doesn’t matter whether Ghana calls a player from third division or whatever division, they will always beat Nigeria. We hav3 played Nigeria with very “ordinary” players and won. Na today?

Lol

The banku eating aliens .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 1:05pm On Mar 12, 2019
andrew444:

Lol

lol
Leave them. They are dead compared to eagles. Let's talk about chriskels ivoriens no bi black goat abi na black sand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 1:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
Alfryd:
y is it that nobody'(NFF) is talking about this boy or are they willing to let it go like AKANI

Interested In Signing FC Basel's Nigerian Winger
Published: March 12, 2019
Premier League champions Manchester City are exploring ways to sign FC Basel's Nigerian super kid Noah Okafor, according to reports.
Goal Nigeria has reported that the Basel number eleven is attracting interest from Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund and Inter Milan among others ahead of the opening of the summer transfer window.
It is believed that the Swiss powerhouse offered Okafor a new deal twelve days ago to fend off interest from these big teams abroad as he had penned a professional contract in January 2018.
The 18-year-old has broken into FC Basel's starting line-up in recent weeks, starting their last four matches and having a hand in two goals.
Born and raised in Switzerland, he has family ties to Nigeria and is on the radar of the Nigeria Football Federation with a view to a possible invitation to the Dream Team VII and Super Eagles.
His recent contract extension keeps him at FC Basel until the end of the 2022-2023 season.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit

But ur post said he is already "on the radar of the NFF with a view to a possible invitation to the Dream Team VII and Super Eagles". Wetin u want make them do again? grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
Clementoke:

But ur post said he is already "on the radar of the NFF with a view to a possible invitation to the Dream Team VII and Super Eagles". Wetin u want make them do again? grin grin grin
lol
He wants Nff to sign him in record breaking fee and unveil him beside buhari and 7 years contract inclusive
Some people sef

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2019
busky007:
lol
Leave them. They are dead compared to eagles. Let's talk about chriskels ivoriens no bi black goat abi na black sand

lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:46pm On Mar 12, 2019
Since turning professional, as a winger, has Onyekuru ever failed to get double digits of goals in a season?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

So, criticising a player and calling a spade what it is, without rigmarolling, is now termed hatred? Boy, I dont compromise on quality, hence I cant subscribe to any form of mediocrity glorification, u can term me cantankerous, no problems, buh it changes nothing about Ighalo's status as an unprolific, inefficient striker undeserving of that super eagles top striker tag. He is a spare part, at best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2019
ChrisKels:

So, criticising a player and calling a spade what it is, without rigmarolling, is now termed hatred? Boy, I dont compromise on quality, hence I cant subscribe to any form of mediocrity glorification, u can term me cantankerous, no problems, buh it changes nothing about Ighalo's status as an unprolific, inefficient striker undeserving of that super eagles top striker tag. He is a spare part, at best.

U should warm up and go to the pitch

Seychelles match is some days away

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:18pm On Mar 12, 2019
ChrisKels:
Since turning professional, as a winger, has Onyekuru ever failed to get double digits of goals in a season?

You would have tag me in this question but your wahala no go allow you ,my love for onyekuru thou

Onyekuru is destined for great things

Onyekuru already have 54 career goals at the age of 21 ,reason when the guy go reach 30 .

EEGA where are you?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2019
andrew444:

You would have tag me in this question but your wahala no go allow you ,my love for onyekuru thou

Onyekuru is destined for great things

Onyekuru already have 54 career goals at the age of 21 ,reason when the guy go reach 30 .

EEGA where are you?

Onyekuru is the one guy that has been marginalized a lot under Rohr. We've never really given the man a chance to show what he can do.

I think he deserves to start against Seychelles.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Onyekuru is the one guy that has been marginalized a lot under Rohr. We've never really given the man a chance to show what he can do.

Agreed bro

Some want him to perform with few minutes

As if Samuel kalu was given such few minutes before he won a starting shirt

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed bro

Some want him to perform with few minutes

As if Samuel kalu was given such few minutes before he won a starting shirt

This would be my line up against Seychelles.
4-2-3-1:
Gk: Ezenwa

DF: Awaziem

DF: Ozornwafor

RB: Shehu

LB: Aina

DM: Ajayi

CM: Ogu (interesting experiment).

AM: Etebo

RMF: S. Moses

LWF: Onyekuru

CF: Osimhen.

A good blend of proven quality and experimentation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

I totally agree with you without any iota of emotive bias. Well said sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PetroDollax: 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2019
Trust me, Banku is better than eba,huh? you sound very .......fuelish!

andrew444:

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

This would be my line up against Seychelles.
4-2-3-1:
Gk: Ezenwa

DF: Awaziem

DF: Ozornwafor

RB: Shehu

LB: Aina

DM: Ajayi

CM: Ogu (interesting experiment).

AM: Etebo

RMF: S. Moses

LWF: Onyekuru

CF: Osimhen.

A good blend of proven quality and experimentation.

Not bad sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (5598) (5599) (5600) (5601) (5602) (5603) (5604) ... (16473) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DrYa, bennie1980(m), Neobulletzz(m), waffiboi, TheGoodJoe(m), sureleads, toluxe0075 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.