Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,849 members, 7,872,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5975) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11987494 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5972) (5973) (5974) (5975) (5976) (5977) (5978) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:51am On May 21, 2019
Joebie:
Senegal? Nigeria has a better chance of winning. Senegal lack that winning mojo.

Nigeria in top four most def
I won’t underrate Cameroon and Egyp any day. when it comes to AFCON, they got the winning mentality. They come first, then we can negotiate the rest.

You understand African Football bro.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 6:53am On May 21, 2019
Joebie:
My top 5: 1. Egypt 2. Cameroon 3. Morocco 4. Nigeria 5. Ivory Coast
The best rating so far

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:29am On May 21, 2019
andrew444:

He should remove Senegal? ,and naija and Cameroon with current squad ? Yes naija is good and we can beat Senegal

But sorry which current squad are you talking about of cameroun ? Abeg cameroun no be team ,dem dey yarn squad you dey yarn of those cameroun wey their players dey for Czech Republic league is isreal and co

No cameroun player will start for the eagles apart from their goal keepers

Bro.. don't underrate Cameroon. if that crappy squad of theirs could win the AFCON last time I see no reason why they can't do it again..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:32am On May 21, 2019
Joebie:
My top 5:
1. Egypt
2. Cameroon
3. Morocco
4. Nigeria
5. Ivory Coast

I only placed Senegal that high cus of their squad strength. and u can't rule out the possibility of CAF trying to manipulate things to get a Salah vs Mane final.. APOTY decider...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:32am On May 21, 2019
gustav25:

Already prepping a platform for soft landing when your chickens come home to roast early ? Smart move

Just shut up...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:37am On May 21, 2019
Danielnino00:

I only placed Senegal that high cus of their squad strength. and u can't rule out the possibility of CAF trying to manipulate things to get a Salah vs Mane final.. APOTY decider...

Na forget Senegal. They dont have that tournament spirit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 7:49am On May 21, 2019
Icon4s:

Na forget Senegal. They dont have that tournament spirit.
One year will certainly be their year. Nobody fails forever.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:49am On May 21, 2019
Danielnino00:

Bro.. don't underrate Cameroon. if that crappy squad of theirs could win the AFCON last time I see no reason why they can't do it again..

They cant do it again bro, i can bet, and mind you afcon is now harder with 24 teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:50am On May 21, 2019
gustav25:

And your supper chickens are the superior team ? Heartbreak 2.0 loading

Just the way we lost to them the last time we played with the drogba ,the toures dider zokora, gervinho of this world vs keshi mediocre team

Clap for your self.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:53am On May 21, 2019
Peter Olayinka won the Czech's League with Slava Prague. No surprise to me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:02am On May 21, 2019
Earthquake3:

Nigeria current squad will not beat Senegal

When I tell una say Senegal get players pass us almost everybody attacked me

No be by who get players pass okay ,naija can beat any African team

Is it not the same Senegal I watched at the World Cup ,those tootles bull dog ?

We can beat Senegal and they can also beat us ,stop saying we can't beat them ,there is nothing special about African teams .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 8:03am On May 21, 2019
Danielnino00:

Just shut up...
Did I expect anything but piffle from a knucklehead old man drunk ? No

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 8:04am On May 21, 2019
andrew444:

Just the way we lost to them the last time we played with the drogba ,the toures dider zokora, gervinho of this world vs keshi mediocre team

Clap for your self.

Inside this life , Na here I go dey laugh you when the gnashing of teeth begins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:06am On May 21, 2019
forgiveness:

Only one Cameroonian player is in Czech's league and he was part of Slava Prague team that beat Sevilla to reach Europa League quarter finals.

Besides, their team is composed of Ajax, PSG, Standard Liege, Young Boys and Red Bull Salzburg players that won their league titles this season and some of these teams did very well in Europe.

As you can see, they are coming in high spirit and with winning mentality to AFCON.

Don't forget some of these players won the AFCON two years ago.

How many Ajax player ? Only 1 Ajax players and you are making it look like they have a defender midfielder and striker from there also

So you value young boys and red bull Salzburg ?

But I am sure if rohr call up a player from there you will be here crying about how the league is Lower than awoniyi and kayode league

You value those teams winning their league but you won't value mitjyland being a champions also

Did standard Leige won their league ? I am not sure

Afcon is harder now with 24 teams

Yes cameroun won the last afcon that shows African teams are nothing to write home about .

That's why all of them disgraced their self at the World Cup and someone will also not let me hear word about Egypt that can't beat Saudi Arabia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:08am On May 21, 2019
gustav25:

Inside this life , Na here I go dey laugh you when the gnashing of teeth begins

Oga there is nothing to Laff unless you are jobless

We loose some games and we win some games

When common South Africa win us for our backyard man no die ,talk something else or wait for iheanacho news to feed on

Muntula
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 8:08am On May 21, 2019
andrew444:

We can beat Senegal and they can also beat us ,stop saying we can't beat them ,there is nothing special about African teams .
Senegal will also look at Nigeria at the world cup and fancy their chances. It's not like we came out with any credit at the world cup.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:09am On May 21, 2019
Barryseal:

Senegal will also look at Nigeria at the world cup and fancy their chances. It's not like we came out with any credit at the world cup.

Thank you ,so someone should not just come here and say Senegal will beat us ,it's a 50/50 game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 8:11am On May 21, 2019
andrew444:

Oga there is nothing to Laff unless you are jobless

We loose some games and we win some games

When common South Africa win us for our backyard man no die ,talk something else or wait for iheanacho news to feed on

Muntula

Brainless imps like you result to insult to communicate and gladly will I dish you a dish you like ... Ewu Gambia , your team is going out like that world cup and you all will gnash your smelly brown liquor killed teeth here .... ImbeSide
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 8:13am On May 21, 2019
Barryseal:

You d mind the Drunk ? An irresponsible Arrow already drunk this morning and boasting how his team will be Numero Uno not putting into account the average players the parade .... Tell him to wake up from his gutter already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:16am On May 21, 2019
andrew444:

Thank you ,so someone should not just come here and say Senegal will beat us ,it's a 50/50 game

From dt statement from barryseal,he didn't support ur stand grin,what he simply meant was dt Senegal doesnt c Nigeria as a strong opposition cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:25am On May 21, 2019
gustav25:

Brainless imps like you result to insult to communicate and gladly will I dish you a dish you like ... Ewu Gambia , your team is going out like that world cup and you all will gnash your smelly brown liquor killed teeth here .... ImbeSide

Lol e pain am, i know you and how to get you now you have gotten the attention you needed.

Bye
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:27am On May 21, 2019
elyte89:

From dt statement from barryseal,he didn't support ur stand grin,what he simply meant was dt Senegal doesnt c Nigeria as a strong opposition cool

He dont need to support my stand but maybe he is trying to hide his full opinion somehow, Does naija see them as a strong opposition? i dont know

Senegal are underachievers , they always fail in almost all afcon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 8:31am On May 21, 2019
andrew444:

Lol e pain am, i know you and how to get you now you have gotten the attention you needed.

Bye

No come let's measure who has a larger than life scrotum sac ... akpaAmu

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:39am On May 21, 2019
Barryseal:

One year will certainly be their year. Nobody fails forever.

Yes, but if u want to rate chances u also consider the performances from most recent past tournaments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 9:04am On May 21, 2019
elyte89:

Even Senegal themselves will not be so foolish to think that Nigeria is not a strong opposition.

So make una all calm down.

The way People see Senegal as a strong opposition, is also the way Senegal see Nigeria .

Even Too European teams will not underate the Nigerian team, let alone African teams under rating is.

I'm sorry to say this, anybody coming here to say that Senegal will whitewash us, or we don't stand any chance against Senegal is a crazy fellow and he's equally stupid

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:28am On May 21, 2019
andrew444:

Experience has shown that the team that has the best squad mostly does not win the AFCON.

An average team that is well managed and with a rich pedigree and burning desire can win it which is why peeps have rated Egypt, Nigeria and Cameroon ahead of Senegal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:38am On May 21, 2019
timay:

Even Senegal themselves will not be so foolish to think that Nigeria is not a strong opposition.

So make una all calm down.

The way People see Senegal as a strong opposition, is also the way Senegal see Nigeria .

Even Too European teams will not underate the Nigerian team, let alone African teams under rating is.

I'm sorry to say this, anybody coming here to say that Senegal will whitewash us, or we don't stand any chance against Senegal is a crazy fellow and he's equally stupid

I didn't say anything concerning Senegal... I only interpreted dt statement.. Meanwhile my own stand of d argument hasn't changed,Egypt as d host country Is my headache, any oda country with d right tactics from rohr will be trounced by super eagles wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:46am On May 21, 2019
andrew444:

He dont need to support my stand but maybe he is trying to hide his full opinion somehow, Does naija see them as a strong opposition? i dont know

Senegal are underachievers , they always fail in almost all afcon.

Like I said before... Make Senegal and co navigate the group stage successfully before we start to talk of who will win who or what. Some countries in this Afcon have good players but don't have a TEAM. We have a TEAM.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:16am On May 21, 2019
andrew444:

How many Ajax player ? Only 1 Ajax players and you are making it look like they have a defender midfielder and striker from there also

So you value young boys and red bull Salzburg ?

But I am sure if rohr call up a player from there you will be here crying about how the league is Lower than awoniyi and kayode league

You value those teams winning their league but you won't value mitjyland being a champions also

Did standard Leige won their league ? I am not sure

Afcon is harder now with 24 teams

Yes cameroun won the last afcon that shows African teams are nothing to write home about .

That's why all of them disgraced their self at the World Cup and someone will also not let me hear word about Egypt that can't beat Saudi Arabia

FC Midtjylland is an obscure club in an obscure league.

Don't you ever compare it with Young boys that has been consistent in Europa League and UEFA champions League group stages for the last 3 season or Red Bull Salzburg that got to the Europa League Semi finals last season and even went as far as getting to the round of 16 this season.

Yes, Standard league did not win the Belgium league but their performance in Europa League this season can't be ignored.

But you want to compare these clubs with FC Midtjylland that has struggled to qualify for Europa group stages for the past three seasons.

Who dash FC Midtjylland champions of Danish League?

Only an ignoramus or sentimental person will compare those clubs with obscure FC Midtjylland.

Cameron players played competitive matches in Europe this season and really did well with their various clubs but that can't be said of our players.

Stop this rubbish already.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:20am On May 21, 2019
DrLikita12:

I dare say this season has been great. A lot of away wins in formerly impossible venues.

Could this abridged league solve our woes?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:20am On May 21, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Lobi Stars head coach Solomon Ogbeide has passed away.
Ahhhh!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 10:20am On May 21, 2019
Icon4s:

Yes, but if u want to rate chances u also consider the performances from most recent past tournaments.

Same was said about Zambia till they went all the way. Every dog has his day. Senegal will get it right one day. Could happen even sooner than you think.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5972) (5973) (5974) (5975) (5976) (5977) (5978) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kellycute(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.