Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,589 members, 7,905,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6035) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12174349 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6032) (6033) (6034) (6035) (6036) (6037) (6038) ... (16471) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:11pm On May 28, 2019
Mickael2:

Origi and Wijnaldum

None of the above ,you won't judge them against Barcelona ,klopp has no option than to use them

And I don't think wijnaldum is a bench warmer

Both of them are not even versatile players ,how many games have they played from a different position compared to their wings ?

Compare it to James Milner
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:12pm On May 28, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Yes but I don't think they would pay his release clause. They have been spending cheaply lately

Lol

Gunners no dey spend money like that sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:13pm On May 28, 2019
andrew444:

I am not sure there are serious offers for him self

He should not near Liverpool if the offers are true ,Barcelona is a no go area .

If chuks is going to Epl ,crystal palace ,burnley and co are there for him ,but villareal is better than those clubs so he should stay at villareal

Crystal Palace and Burnley

Those teams won't fit his style of play..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:14pm On May 28, 2019
andrew444:

So because he played on the flanks there makes him a good winger ?

Ok let me educate you. Liverpool play wing forwards and not wingers. Mane is the only current Liverpool winger that plays as a winger SOME TIMES, Salah is a fulltime wingforward. For effect, wingforwards are seen close to the box, while wingers occupy wider positions.

Origi played the wingforward role against Barcelona and was brilliant.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:15pm On May 28, 2019
tbaba1234:

Agreed, but am just trying to call those smaller Epl teams apart from the top 6
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:15pm On May 28, 2019
tbaba1234:

Actually Palace would, have you seen how good Zaha is in that team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:16pm On May 28, 2019
Mickael2:

Ok let me educate you. Liverpool play wing forwards and not wingers. Mane is the only current Liverpool winger that plays as a winger SOME TIMES, Salah is a fulltime wingforward. For effect, wingforwards are seen close to the box, while wingers occupy wider positions.

I agree with you ,but how many times has origi play wing forward ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:18pm On May 28, 2019
andrew444:

None of the above ,you won't judge them against Barcelona ,klopp has no option than to use them

And I don't think wijnaldum is a bench warmer

Both of them are not even versatile players ,how many games have they played from a different position compared to their wings ?

Compare it to James Milner

Origi played many games as a WF for Wolfsburg, whoscred is there for you. Wijnaldum started his career as a striker I think then changed, fact is he isn't even a natural CMF, he has played as a false 9, as a CB and I believe as a FB between this season and the last. Just say you didn't know.

You asked for versatile players, I don't know what the number of games they played out of position has to do with anything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:19pm On May 28, 2019
andrew444:

I agree with you ,but how many times has origi play wing forward ?

Just check his whoscored page, check his matches for Wolfsburg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:23pm On May 28, 2019
Mickael2:

Origi played many games as a WF for Wolfsburg, whoscred is there for you. Wijnaldum started his career as a striker I think then changed, fact is he isn't even a natural CMF, he has played as a false 9, as a CB and I believe as a FB between this season and the last. Just say you didn't know.

You asked for versatile players, I don't know what the number of games they played out of position has to do with anything.

The number of games matters ,not that you will play one game and do well then you return to your normal position then before you will go back to that position it will be long

I don't think wijnaldum will be considered as a versatile player nor origi

Wijnaldum didn't start as a striker ,dude has always been a goal scoring midfielder and was even prolific at Newcastle,there a time he scored 4 goals in an Epl match .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:24pm On May 28, 2019
Mickael2:

Just check his whoscored page, check his matches for Wolfsburg

Okay bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 5:39pm On May 28, 2019
Can't this argument & counter argument wait till Chucks joins Liverpool. Its becoming boring already.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:41pm On May 28, 2019
andrew444:

The number of games matters ,not that you will play one game and do well then you return to your normal position then before you will go back to that position it will be long

I don't think wijnaldum will be considered as a versatile player nor origi

Wijnaldum didn't start as a striker ,dude has always been a goal scoring midfielder and was even prolific at Newcastle,there a time he scored 4 goals in an Epl match .

During the formative years of his career the
versatile midfielder was used primarily in
an attacking role or outwide, before
gradually being transformed into a holding
midfielder during the past season under
Klopp.
Still utilised in a further forward role for the
Dutch, Wijnaldum has thrived for Ronald
Koeman’s side in the Nations League -
scoring goals against both Germany and
France to help the Netherlands qualify for
next summer’s finals in Portugal.

There you go Sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:44pm On May 28, 2019
Mickael2:

During the formative years of his career the
versatile midfielder was used primarily in
an attacking role or outwide, before
gradually being transformed into a holding
midfielder during the past season under
Klopp.
Still utilised in a further forward role for the
Dutch, Wijnaldum has thrived for Ronald
Koeman’s side in the Nations League -
scoring goals against both Germany and
France to help the Netherlands qualify for
next summer’s finals in Portugal.

There you go Sir

Alright sir

But attacking midfield or flank right ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:45pm On May 28, 2019
comodo:
Can't this argument & counter argument wait till Chucks joins Liverpool. Its becoming boring already.

Chuks is not joining Liverpool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2019
Mickael2:

Shaqiri and Mane played as what?

Strikers drift to the wings sometimes but it doesn't mean they are playing that position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:56pm On May 28, 2019
Danielnino00:

Everything you wrote up there are lies! Name one player Klopp has signed and sent to rot away with the u-23 ..
Game time won't be scarce for Chukwueze if he signs for Liverpool!

I wonder why you decided to ignore the important part of the message that stated that Chukwueze is being scouted to replace Shaqiri..

You jumped before you look, you allege without substance you underpin your assertion on emotive perception.

First, l haven't heard a single word from anybody that Chukwueze is tipped to replace Shaqiri. That's simply " beer parlour " analytics.

Do you really think that the entire scouting system rests on one man Klopp.The scouting department is quite elaborate with reports on a multitude of players across the globe.

So tell me one lie I have stated not two just one.

It's a question of what you determine to be rotting away, there are many players content to play U23 at Liverpool and make £10-15k a week.

My view is that Chukwueze should be playing first team football regularly in a club that gives him opportunity week in week out. When he progresses and establishes himself the big money moves will come.

Jump too soon and it could be all over and end up.not getting far. Essentially development first.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:16pm On May 28, 2019
Make dem buy d chuks first na,ordinary rumor d guy is already taking like 5pages argument on dis thread, no bid has been placed officially yet undecided,I can't imaging when he finally get signed,we go just change dis thread from super eagles thread to "LIVERPOOL CHUKWUEZE THREAD" smiley,Abeg e don do
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:22pm On May 28, 2019
Shehu relegated in Turkey..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 6:26pm On May 28, 2019
Tears will flow here when Chukwueze doesn't go to Liverpool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:37pm On May 28, 2019
gustav25:
Tears will flow here when Chukwueze doesn't go to Liverpool

Why will tears flow?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:39pm On May 28, 2019
Not until we get flogged in the next round
BascoVanVeli:

So all is not lost.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:39pm On May 28, 2019
Translation

Victor Osimhen has been the man of the season on the side of Charleroi

Author of an incredible season for his first year in Jupiler Pro League, Victor Osimhen can leave with the feeling of accomplishment. Last summer, when carolos fans learned of Kaveh Rezaei's departure, they did not imagine for a second that a young kid (then 19 years old) would be able to forget carolo scorer. And yet, it took only a few weeks for Victor Osimhen to conquer the hearts of Zebra fans. Quickly, the young Nigerian will get in the bath and accumulate the goals. Even when Sporting was not doing so well, he was able to stand out and get noticed.

In January, when he does not yet belong to Charleroi, several big clubs even come to learn about him. And it will also continue its momentum in Play-offs 2. Unavailable in the first two games, his return will coincide with the renewed form Carolos who will not lose. He will even score four goals in seven games. But if we had to mention one of his matches references, it would be the one in the final of Play-offs 2 against Kortrijk. That night, the Nigerian will be simply uncompromising and will even register a world class goal before giving himself a double after a good sequence.

His performance will allow the Zebras to qualify for the European dam which will also be his last match under the colors of Charleroi. A match in which he will be noticed again by scoring the fastest goal in the history of the Jupiler Pro League. His goal will not be enough for the Zebras to qualify for the Europa League, but Victor Osimhen can leave the Black Country with the feeling of accomplishment. He managed to make Kaveh Rezaei forget, but his successor will have a hard time making him forget.

https://www.walfoot.be/fra/news/lis/2019-05-28/victor-osimhen-aura-ete-lhomme-de-la-saison-du-cote-de-charleroi

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:46pm On May 28, 2019
Joebie:
Not until we get flogged in the next round

we won't get flogged.
I think we will see a complete different team in the next round...
they may even win the tournament.
I believe this team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:51pm On May 28, 2019
Danielnino00:

I can understand your problem with the u-20 ..But why are u wishing for the super falcons downfall?
They have a foreign coach(u love foreign coaches) .. Since the AWCON ended,they have enjoyed a lot of support from the NFF and have played a lot of games together... and finally the world cup squad is made up of the best female players we have right now! IMO,those girls are well prepared..
So why are u wishing for them to fail??

so sorry bro...
I am not wishing the team to fail...

they will get to the semi finals and probably win the world cup.

I was only sacred...considering the way they have been using luck to win all finals since the Swedish coach took over.

I don't see anything special in that man....
the female coach he replaced was Better off...

I don't canvass for foreign coaches because of their skin color but because of what they have to offer and their transparency but for the female national team...the ex female internationals have not done anything bad so far.... the fire female coach did well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rajanshar: 6:51pm On May 28, 2019
For movies and TV shows, you can try the Netflix app that lets you have all the fun like a modern mobile app. The list is curated for TV shows, movies, and live TV.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:56pm On May 28, 2019
safarigirl:
what makes you think we won't get some good recruits from this team?

Just because a team is poor in a tournament, does not mean there won't be a few good players in the long run.

Please teach these men abeg. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:57pm On May 28, 2019
andrew444:

I am not sure there are serious offers for him self

He should not near Liverpool if the offers are true ,Barcelona is a no go area .

If chuks is going to Epl ,crystal palace ,burnley and co are there for him ,but villareal is better than those clubs so he should stay at villareal

As a LFC fan,I would have loved to have him at for us. That guy will truly flourish under klopp but truth be told, he can't bench anyone in the first team. He will be limited to cup games and champions league. So maybe, Villarreal may the the best for him for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:58pm On May 28, 2019
Danielnino00:

I can understand your problem with the u-20 ..But why are u wishing for the super falcons downfall?
They have a foreign coach(u love foreign coaches) .. Since the AWCON ended,they have enjoyed a lot of support from the NFF and have played a lot of games together... and finally the world cup squad is made up of the best female players we have right now! IMO,those girls are well prepared..
So why are u wishing for them to fail??

I don't understand how people who claim they are supporters of Nigerian football will be wishing our teams down fall
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:00pm On May 28, 2019
tbaba1234:

Why will tears flow?

Such naive thinking coming from the guy. If he remains in villareal, I would be happy (even as an LFC fan) because it means he will play first team football regularly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:01pm On May 28, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Shaqiri and Mane played as what?

Strikers drift to the wings sometimes but it doesn't mean they are playing that position.

That is why they think Origi is a winger.

In Liverpool, the front three are allowed to drift away from position so as to gen gen press and overwhelm defences

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:02pm On May 28, 2019
elyte89:
Make dem buy d chuks first na,ordinary rumor d guy is already taking like 5pages argument on dis thread, no bid has been placed officially yet undecided,I can't imaging when he finally get signed,we go just change dis thread from super eagles thread to "LIVERPOOL CHUKWUEZE THREAD" smiley,Abeg e don do

I have just been watching this Chukwueze Liverpool discussion from a distance.

Transfer that has just been only a rumour grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6032) (6033) (6034) (6035) (6036) (6037) (6038) ... (16471) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: skallion7(m), comodo, yinkeys(m), SamueItem337(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.