Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,964 members, 7,873,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6089) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11989321 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6086) (6087) (6088) (6089) (6090) (6091) (6092) ... (16392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
realpoacher:

What is the meaning of this?... Should I remind you that Messi is 33 yrs and C. Ronaldo is 34 yrs? undecided

Why are you Nigerians so quick to discard your players?
So, we now compare Mikel with Ronaldo and Messi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:29pm On Jun 04, 2019
EEGA:
Super Eagles
Training Report :
Iheanacho
Surprise
Inclusion In Top
Five Performers
The Super Eagles of Nigeria
have been training in Asaba
ahead of their participation at
the next Africa Cup of Nations in
Egypt and Owngoalnigeria.com
picks five players who have so
far impressed in the three
sessions the team have had so
far.
1. Victor Osimhen – He has
carried his form from Belgium to
the camp of the Super Eagles of
Nigeria. In the three training
far, the forward has maintained
his sharpness level which is the
highest among the strikers in
the camp of the team.
2. Moses Simon – No doubt he
is fired up for this one. The way
he was gliding past his markers
with ease was the main
highlight of his game during the
session. He took it a step
forward with his pin point
delivery when in space and even
in tight spaces.
3. Samuel Chukwueze – No way
is he not going to make the
squad for AFCON 2019. He was
not just sharp and lively but
also very decisive with the ball
at his feet. Another side of his
game he appears to have
worked on is defending as he
won so many balls for his team.

4. Leon Balogun – Despite his
limited game time at Brighton
and Hove Albion he looked very
fit and sharp. During the
session he got his interceptions
and tackles right and didn’t tire
out as expected. The personal
training he had has kept him in
shape for this.
5. Kelechi Iheanacho – Many
criticised his inclusion in the
squad of players for the
tournament, no thanks to his
poor form and lack of game time
at English Premier League side
Leicester City. That appears to
have zero effect on his
performance as he was very
clinical during the shooting
drills and the 5-aside game they
played. He scored with almost
all of his efforts.

25 mins after this comment was posted and there was no single "like" grin. Well, i gave the only like it has thus far. wink

Go Super Eagles!!!

Good evening house and thanks for the kind wishes and prayers.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2019
corruption has eaten deep into the roots of this nation. Now talented players who deserves it cannot make a team because they cannot pay "acceptance fee" while we have kunu sellers like Tijani leading our lines. That guy doesn't deserved to wear any green cloth.....even if na green ankara or suit....eye sore!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2019
Koboko99:
corruption has eaten deep into the roots of this nation. Now talented players who deserves it cannot make a team because they cannot pay "acceptance fee" while we have kunu sellers like Tijani leading our lines. That guy doesn't deserved to wear any green cloth.....even if na green ankara or suit....eye sore!

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
edi287:
Komekn you know this Doherty guy abi?? Can you confirm if this is true

Dis corruption nobi today. I noticed long before now but when I talk people think say I dey lie.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2019
oloriooko:

Korea is improving with every passing game
That Soto US guy is on fire!

But someone here said US players can't make Nigeria age grade teams.

If Lateef Omidiji can make US team, he can as well easily make Nigeria's team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DarkJeddi(m): 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2019
alekside:
He may be neither Messi nor Ronaldo but he has been playing quite well this year..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:05pm On Jun 04, 2019
EEGA:
Super Eagles
Training Report :
Iheanacho
Surprise
Inclusion In Top
Five Performers
The Super Eagles of Nigeria
have been training in Asaba
ahead of their participation at
the next Africa Cup of Nations in
Egypt and Owngoalnigeria.com
picks five players who have so
far impressed in the three
far.
1. Victor Osimhen – He has
carried his form from Belgium to
the camp of the Super Eagles of
Nigeria. In the three training
far, the forward has maintained
his sharpness level which is the
highest among the strikers in
the camp of the team.
2. Moses Simon – No doubt he
is fired up for this one. The way
he was gliding past his markers
with ease was the main
highlight of his game during the
session. He took it a step
forward with his pin point
delivery when in space and even
in tight spaces.
3. Samuel Chukwueze – No way
is he not going to make the
squad for AFCON 2019. He was
not just sharp and lively but
also very decisive with the ball
at his feet. Another side of his
game he appears to have
worked on is defending as he
won so many balls for his team.

4. Leon Balogun – Despite his
limited game time at Brighton
and Hove Albion he looked very
fit and sharp. During the
session he got his interceptions
and tackles right and didn’t tire
out as expected. The personal
training he had has kept him in
shape for this.
5. Kelechi Iheanacho – Many
criticised his inclusion in the
squad of players for the
tournament, no thanks to his
poor form and lack of game time
at English Premier League side
Leicester City. That appears to
have zero effect on his
performance as he was very
clinical during the shooting
drills and the 5-aside game they
played. He scored with almost
all of his efforts.

Iheanacho! I don't know if he should be dropped or not. I am confuse.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Dis corruption nobi today. I noticed long before now but when I talk people think say I dey lie.
you have been vindicated bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2019
zoboizee:
Guys, should we not be expecting more poor showing from the national teams? Corruption is fighting back at us. Why should players for the national teams not selected on merit rather on "who you know or cash & carry basis". See players protesting seriously over unpaid bonus & allowances. The only country so to speak of all the countries in Poland. It is really a disgrace from our FA! The guys must have seen this as leverage against the FA for the bribes allegedly paid to make the team. Just too sad.

Corruption also exist in the SE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Corruption also exist in the SE.
most inform players always makes the se
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
maidaboi:
you have been vindicated bro

Yes ooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
maidaboi:
most inform players always makes the se

Really!?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:

25 mins after this comment was posted and there was no single "like" grin. Well, i gave the only like it has thus far. wink

Go Super Eagles!!!

Quick recovery Sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2019
forgiveness:

You are right but not all can play the RB efficiently.

However, I prefer Aina above all in the RB position.
yes Aina should play RB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
See as Mali carry small small boys come but we carry grandfafas go.

That Oremeda na old man. The guy doesn't look young at all.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2019
bossto:
if Rohr no drop Iheanacho, mak I know wetin cause am!
I just want to enjoy this AFCON!, No Heartbreakers abeg ooo
bro...my candid advice to you is that you should watch AFCON with 60% of your heart .At least if e break ,e go still remain 40% Lolz
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
realpoacher:

What is the meaning of this?... Should I remind you that Messi is 33 yrs and C. Ronaldo is 34 yrs? undecided

Why are you Nigerians so quick to discard your players?

Why ate you guys quick to compare Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe et al to Nigerian players. Where is the wisdom in that? Which of our players are at their level currently? Its a misnomer comparing Mikel to either of them. And as for the younger ones like chukwueze, onuachu, Osimhen etc. They have potential but they aren't there her

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
See how the Malians are balling. They have matched the Argentines in all aspect.

It seems the best players have left the shore of our land.they've got a good goalkeeper and a master set piece taker in Koita...

One of Mali and Senegal might end up lifting this trophy.

Shame we paraded a poor squad.

Let me enjoy the second half jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:

Go Super Eagles!!!

We are waiting for match performance. Training na scam sometimes. That's how they reported Joel Obi as one of the top performers in the WC camp but the guy loss for field during match proper.

I repeat....na match go decide

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2019
alekside:

Just imagine oooo.

Well, fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:30pm On Jun 04, 2019
bossto:
That's what should happen!!
Awaziem can't be drop bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
Please guys, can anyone pair two teams for the Super Eagles in a 11 vs 11, with all the players in their normal position. Because its one of the u20's coach shortcoming. Using players in wrong position. For example, the rightback is a DM in his club. And he had no solid rightback substitute for him in the team.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
Despite not playing much Balogun is still our best defender
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2019
darkelf:

Why ate you guys quick to compare Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe et al to Nigerian players. Where is the wisdom in that? Which of our players are at their level currently? Its a misnomer comparing Mikel to either of them. And as for the younger ones like chukwueze, onuachu, Osimhen etc. They have potential but they aren't there her

So saying messi age and ronaldo age means they are comparing them to nigeria players?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2019
andrew444:

What better job ?

Dis coach dey mad for head

If true, the honorable thing would have been to resign. Since as he says, he could get a better offer anytime.

I smell some insincerity on His part. Although it is also possible that those names he called collected bribe.

Chain, them use bribery do Naija folks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2019
andrew444:

So saying messi age and ronaldo age means they are comparing them to nigeria players?

Please, you guys shouldn't involve me in your messi vs Mikel argument or whatever. Whether na age abi na quality, my hand no dey abeg.

Na friendly match on Saturday dey my mind now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2019
Argentina and Mali battling it out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2019
Koboko99:

Tijani is world class, he should be drafted to eagles team for afcon immediately

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
R2bees:
See bro, no one is dropping Ighalo for some Osimhen and Onuachu here. Omo we have wise o.. Under 20 don clear our eyes say you guys can hype wella... Dele Bashiru yen yen Oforboh yen yen Chinonso yen yen
seriously I don't understand ur comment but as for ighalo ,what did he played at the WC. Of the 3 natural strikers in camp ,I will drop him... o pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
darkelf:

Please, you guys shouldn't involve me in your messi vs Mikel argument or whatever. Whether na age abi na quality, my hand no dey abeg.

Na friendly match on Saturday dey my mind now.

fear don catch am

When you see me compare messi with anyone?

You talk something now you dey run
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
darkelf:

If true, the honorable thing would have been to resign. Since as he says, he could get a better offer anytime.

I smell some insincerity on His part. Although it is also possible that those names he called collected bribe.

Chain, them use bribery do Naija folks

Dat one no be coach broda

(1) (2) (3) ... (6086) (6087) (6088) (6089) (6090) (6091) (6092) ... (16392) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lovewins, Mujtahida, Philosopher1979 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.