Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,586 members, 7,921,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 08:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12246795 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6372) (6373) (6374) (6375) (6376) (6377) (6378) ... (16519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:45pm On Jun 29, 2019
Danielnino00:

Iwobi's biggest problem is his lack of consistency...

Today he is good.. tomorrow he is poor....

That makes him an average player!!

I really hope we get another AM after this AFCON...

You can't say that because today he is a winger and tomorrow he is an AMF. He needs to be consistently played in his best position before we can really decide if he is average or not.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:49pm On Jun 29, 2019
Danielnino00:

Iwobi's biggest problem is his lack of consistency...

Today he is good.. tomorrow he is poor....

That makes him an average player!!

I really hope we get another AM after this AFCON...

U just nailed it on d head.... Dts his most undoing... Inconsistencies smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iamharkinwaley: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2019
Whoa feels so good to discuss football with my Dad on call. The longest conversation I ever had with him. It's really a good and helpful thread. Thank y'all.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2019
Mehn to be honest this year's AFCON is mediocrity at its peak.maybe it will get better over time as we advance through the next phase and rounds.
But for the time been, it's quite and average especially coming directly from the just concluded European season.

Am done burning my data streaming this shiit.

Only reserved for Naija matches and maybe from round 8 upwards..

Couldn't believe some people said we can't host this piece of ....... lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2019
andrew444:

I agree with komekn

How many good ball did they cross to onauchu ?

If I am not mistaken are not the one that didn't see Moses Simon as a good winger ? Maybe because he didn't deliver crosses well ,thou he assisted omeruo goal ,correct me if i am wrong

What positioning did onauchu needed please tell me ?

How many clear pass was free to be made to him or chance ?

Ighalo una complain

onauchu una complain

Na una dey mind am.

Every striker is a flop until Osimhen plays.

I remember vividly, the heading Paul had against Burundi, that nearly scored if not for the gk. He had just 2 headers in the match and both were on target. But no, he's a useless Striker. Victor is the best striker we have. Other players have the coach's nude, that's why victor is not starting.

I will bet here, when Osimhen plays tomorrow, of course he wouldn't start, 2 things will happen.

When he plays well, I told you he's the best, yen, yen, yen.

When he flops, well, the coach didn't give him enough time to shine. 30 mins is too small to make an impact.

Those are the scenarios.

I just siddon, cross my hand dey look

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 7:12pm On Jun 29, 2019
krattoss:
Mehn to be honest this year's AFCON is mediocrity at its peak.maybe it will get better over time as we advance through the next phase and rounds.
But for the time been, it's quite and average especially coming directly from the just concluded European season.

Couldn't believe some people said we can't host this piece of ....... lipsrsealed

I don't know whether or not we have the capacity to host, but I know we would pull a better crowd than what Egypt are offering

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2019
barackodam:

Na una dey mind am.

Every striker is a flop until Osimhen plays.

I remember vividly, the heading Paul had against Burundi, that nearly scored if not for the gk. He had just 2 headers in the match and both were on target. But no, he's a useless Striker. Victor is the best striker we have. Other players have the coach's nude, that's why victor is not starting.

I will bet here, when Osimhen plays tomorrow, of course he wouldn't start, 2 things will happen.

When he plays well, I told you he's the best, yen, yen, yen.

When he flops, well, the coach didn't give him enough time to shine. 30 mins is too small to make an impact.

Those are the scenarios.

I just siddon, cross my hand dey look

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2019
krattoss:

What date will they start playing the round of 16 ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2019
barackodam:

I don't know whether or not we have the capacity to host, but I know we would pull a better crowd than what Egypt are offering
true that bro..

Especially with subsidies from the gorvernment.

One thing I like about our states gorvernment is they subsidises match tickets to the minimum.

Asaba and uyo and pH do throw gates open sometimes.
Sometimes tickets goes as low as 5h for normal stand.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2019
andrew444:

What date will they start playing the round of 16 ?
brother me no know..

Any day them want,make dem play am ...

Na round 8 me go start to pick interest henceforth barring Nigeria matches
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You can't say that because today he is a winger and tomorrow he is an AMF. He needs to be consistently played in his best position before we can really decide if he is average or not.

It wasn't until 12 months ago that he started playing AM fully for the super eagles (first time was against Egypt in Kaduna)

Before that time he has been playing on the wing for club and country .
The inconsistency problem has always been there...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 7:28pm On Jun 29, 2019
barackodam:

have you guys forgotten the noise about insecurity and terrorist attack , sometimes it may be oe of the reason the place was dry ...and aside that ... the stadium will fill up when it get to the knock out stages ... that is when the competition starts propper

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 7:28pm On Jun 29, 2019
This match is an eyesore.

Good football, they can't play.
Score goals, they can't score.

22 players running around the pitch like headless chicken.

Shio

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 7:30pm On Jun 29, 2019
lexyman:

have you guys forgotten the noise about insecurity and terrorist attack , sometimes it may be oe of the reason the place was dry ...and aside that ... the stadium will fill up when it get to the knock out stages ... that is when the competition starts propper

But they troop to watch Salah forgetting the insecurities, yeah?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2019
krattoss:
true that bro..

Especially with subsidies from the gorvernment.

One thing I like about our states gorvernment is they subsidises match tickets to the minimum.

Asaba and uyo and pH do throw gates open sometimes.
Sometimes tickets goes as low as 5h for normal stand.

CAF's decision to move the AFCON to June in a deliberate attempt to please the oyinbo masters may eventually backfire!
Because of this climate issh...Even if Nigeria had gotten d bid to host this tournament, there's a good chance that the stadiums would still be empty as we are seeing now...
Fans won't come out to fill up the stadiums due to heavy rains..

West and central Africa experience heavy rainfall in June while the north has its heat problem...

If FIFA could move the 2022 world cup to November due to climate issue, I don't see why CAF can't continue with the normal AFCON calendar ...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2019
Men this game is damn poor jam bodies United
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2019
chrisooblog:
Men this game is damn poor jam bodies United

What did you expect grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:37pm On Jun 29, 2019
How many of you remembers Mikel Agu?

My guy grin cheesy. That guy suffer for this thread no be small

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 7:38pm On Jun 29, 2019
How is that an offside for crying out loud?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Group B team of the round so far according to whoscored Etebo, Omeruo and Simon make it.

3 Nigerian players

6 Madagascan players, Wtf!!!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2019
darkelf:

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Iwobi has not been convincing yet in this tournament. People talk about Ighalo but Iwobi had the same opportunity to slot his teammate in but he was dillydallying on the ball. Even his first shot should have been passed to a better positioned player. I am thinking maybe his grafting took some energy from him but you can't say he has been above average yet.

I do not think he has been at his best but I don't think he has been poor.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:52pm On Jun 29, 2019
he is likely to move to olympiacos this summer
darkelf:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2019
Icon4s and other great mathematicians on this thread, I hope u haven't thrown away ur calculators yet?
If so,kindly send it down to Accra. Our bredas over there need it to determine their qualification chance... cheesy

Gustav will supervise the delivery. No time to waste at all...

grin

22 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:59pm On Jun 29, 2019
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Danielnino00:
Icon4s and other great mathematicians on this thread, I hope u haven't thrown away ur calculators yet?
If so,kindly send it down to Accra. Our bredas over there need it to determine their qualification chance... cheesy

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:18pm On Jun 29, 2019
Danielnino00:

grin

Chaaaiiii.... Oh bloody my! This guy has taken savagery to a whole new level...

Mr Dan... In recognition of your contributions to the dynamic field of savagery and taking a heavy blow at our "bredas..." grin I have no choice than to hand you the first savage Grammy on this thread... Chaaaiii... Your wickedness is indeed wicked and your fingers need to be stayed for a month... Savage you are!!! Here take your prize! Yara Yara!!!! Oya hand it to Dan....

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
I don't care how many players Ivory Coast claim to have, this young man should not be on the bench under any circumstance.

Someone that would probably be starting for England. Abi e no dey parler francais?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by achimotan(m): 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2019
Danielnino00:

grin

Lol. No sweat.All we have to do now is go all out and win the next match.We might qualify as one of the best 3rd placed teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 8:31pm On Jun 29, 2019
Danielnino00:

CAF's decision to move the AFCON to June in a deliberate attempt to please the oyinbo masters may eventually backfire!
Because of this climate issh...Even if Nigeria had gotten d bid to host this tournament, there's a good chance that the stadiums would still be empty as we are seeing now...
Fans won't come out to fill up the stadiums due to heavy rains..

West and central Africa experience heavy rainfall in June while the north has its heat problem...

If FIFA could move the 2022 world cup to November due to climate issue, I don't see why CAF can't continue with the normal AFCON calendar ...

Issa Hayatou was right afterall. He has been pressured to move it to June but the guy resisted, sighting climate reasons.

May be that was why he was booted out, and their puppet, Ahmad Ahmad was installed. Cos I noticed that the first thing the guy did as a CAF president was to move the Afcon date from January to June.

Issa Hayatou may be corrupt (FIFA too also stink of corruption) but he obviously knows African football and Africa as a whole.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:43pm On Jun 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Barring a last minute change of mind, coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has made four changes to his lineup for their final group game against Madagascar, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

The duo of Ahmed Musa and Oghenekaro Etebo are out due to accumulated bookings for the tie. Meaning captain Obi Mikel will return to the midfield with Samuel Chukwueze ‎set to step in for Ahmed Musa.

In defence, Kenneth Omeruo has been informed by the coach that he won’t be considered for the game against Madagascar as he will be given a rest after playing the full duration of the two games they’ve played so far in the tournament.

Omeruo has emerged as one of the first pick at centre back and will return for the round of 16 but for the game against Madagascar, Rohr has decided to revert to the “Oyibo Wall” partnership of William Troost-Ekong and Leon Balogun.

Despite his impressive performance against Guinea, Moses Simon has been given a rest by Rohr for the final group game with the fit again Samuel Kalu set to start in his place after making a full recovery from the issue that made him slump during the training of the team on the eve of their first group game against Burundi.
Onyekuru has to start on the left. This line up has no one who can run in behind. Rohr should learn how to balance the team.
If Kalu is starting, then Onuachu or Osimhen should be starting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 8:45pm On Jun 29, 2019
achimotan:

Lol. No sweat.All we have to do now is go all out and win the next match.We might qualify as one of the best 3rd placed teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2019
Danielnino00:

grin

this is Savagery !

but , I think they will still qualify

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6372) (6373) (6374) (6375) (6376) (6377) (6378) ... (16519) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: solonnachi, opes, benji93, kingphilip(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.