Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,476 members, 7,951,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12440111 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6378) (6379) (6380) (6381) (6382) (6383) (6384) ... (16681) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2019
Humility017:

I think the match is 6pm
It's better be 5pm, I am growing tired of waiting mbok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2019
A perfect match on a perfect Sunday with not so much to loose.

A cold heneiken and some dry meat won't be bad for this match wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2019
South Africa league wey be say na only "outside shot Dem dey score...pass 1 pass 2 like this 'gbim' na shot...

The only time dey pass anything around is when the wanna pass blame and Cutlass to xenophobic foreigners head comot....

God pls let's meet them � abeg...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:23pm On Jun 30, 2019
andrew444:

Maybe osimhen might play

Don't be suprised onyekuru might not play any minutes ,I can't wait to see him play ,dude might be angry
If Onyekuru no play,wetin he gain by coming to AFCON. We need different goal scorers in this team biko. So that anybody can show up anytime.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2019
mostob:
If Onyekuru no play,wetin he gain by coming to AFCON. We need different goal scorers in this team biko. So that anybody can show up anytime.

I want onyekuru to play but rohr have refused to give him few minutes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:27pm On Jun 30, 2019
He could have that time in the Knockouts if not later today. Never say never.

mostob:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:29pm On Jun 30, 2019
ChrisKels:

But it's a Sunday. Why so impatient sef? Where are you in a hurry to Chris? To meet up appointment with your Senegalese concubines? grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2019
Clementoke:
Rohr Recalls Mikel, Troost-Ekong For Super Eagles, Madagascar Clash

Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr has recalled the team’s captain John Mikel Obi and centre-back William Troost-Ekong for today’s 2019 Africa Cup of Nations Group B clash against the Barea of Madagascar, reports Completesports.com.

Both players started Nigeria’s opening game in the competition against Burundi but were left on the bench in Wednesday’s 1-0 win against the Syli Nationale of Guinea.

Rohr has also handed the trio of Ikechukwu Ezenwa, John Ogu and Samuel Kalu their first start of the competition.

Defenders; Chidozie Awaziem, Ola Aina and Leon Balogun as well as combative midfielder Oghenekaro Etebo were retained in the starting line-up from the previous game against Guinea.

Odion Ighalo will lead the team’s attack for the second consecutive. The Shanghai Shenhua of China forward will be flanked by Kalu and Ahmed Musa.

Super Eagles Starting XI Vs Madagascar

Ikechukwu Ezenwa; Ola Aina, Leon Balogun, William Troost-Ekong, Chidozie Awaziem, John Ogu, Oghenekaro Etebo, John Mikel Obi, Samuel Kalu, Ahmed Musa, Odion Ighalo.

completesportsnigeria

Uzoho has fallen, A player that is our number one 12 months ago ....someone need to ask him some questions .....

Uzohor and Iheanacho are in the same category
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2019
Chisom Mbonu is growing prettier as she ages, whoever is the husband is doin a great job.

Away from sexism, that LADY sabi analyse football, I hope safarigirl gets to that height and even better, but she must shun looks bkus handsomeness doesn’t give a team an edge grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
It's officially Official....

Ndidi rested. Iwobi rested. Omeruo rested.

Etebo to play deep alongside Ogu. Nice to see him (Ogu) getting minutes.

Mikel as AM. Surely.

Kalu is back and I hope he is back for good. No more collapse please.

Musa continues on the LW but without the skipper's band as Mikel is present.

Oyibo wall returns.

Ezenwa returns.

Awaziem and Aina aiming to continue their A-one performances.

And of course, Ighalo top strikes. Hoping he gets one or two goals today.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

But it's a Sunday. Why so impatient sef? Where are you in a hurry to Chris? To meet up appointment with your Senegalese concubines? grin

Bro I av learnt my lessons, I dont give women appointments on Eagles' match days, after what I suffered in the hands on my then new catch during my undergraduate days. Babe no gree me commot for night go watch Nigeria vs Bosnia match, say I dey take the match over her, the thing vex me no be here but I had to dance to her tunes because it was her first night in my house chai. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2019
ChrisKels:

Bro I av learnt my lessons, I dont give women appointments on Eagles' match days, after what I suffered in the hands on my then new catch during my undergraduate days. Babe no gree me commot for night go watch Nigeria vs Bosnia match, say I dey take the match over her, the thing vex me no be here but I had to dance to her tunes because it was her first night in my house chai. grin

you mean you value Babe pass SE ?... another plastic fan spotted grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
It's officially Official....

Ndidi rested. Iwobi rested.

Etebo to play deep alongside Ogu or maybe Mikel to play deep?

Mikel as AM. If not, Etebo then... But it would be Mikel most likely.

Kalu is back and I hope he is back for good. No more collapse please.

Musa continues on the LW but without the skipper's band as Mikel is present.

Oyibo wall returns.

Ezenwa returns.

Awaziem and Aina aiming to continue their A-one performances.

And of course, Ighalo top strikes. Hoping he gets one or two goals today.
Can't be Mikel. He and Ogu will get overan. Mikel is playing as a 10 again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2019
ChrisKels:

Just imagine... You are one more confession away from a lobotomy my good man....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:42pm On Jun 30, 2019
I am shocked that no one in that Supersports studio is aware that Burundi are not out.

Burundi just needs a win against Guinea and finish 3rd and wait for other 3rd placed teams to emerge before knowing if they will be among the top 4!

For Yobo I am not surprised at his poor Permutational ability. After all at the 2010 WC after we lost our first two games he said we were out, not considering that we could still qualify if we beat S/Korea by any margin in the 3rd game and hope that Argentina beats Greece.
His default thinking is once u lose your first two games you are out grin

Again, 2011 qualifiers, a 2:1 win would have seen us through but we ended drawing 2:2 due to our pushing forward for a 3rd goal. Yobo was busy blaming the NFF for not telling the team that a 2:1 win was enough grin

Recall also how the Nigerian press declared our golden Eaglets as having qualified for this year's U17 WC because we won our first 2 games, and not putting all the 6 group matches into perspective.

We here really need to organize a course on Football permutations for many of these press men and football analysts. undecided

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 4:42pm On Jun 30, 2019
Is Rohr okay ataw Why play Musa and Etebo who are already on a yellow card in this kinda game?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2019
edi287:

Can't be Mikel. He and Ogu will get overan. Mikel is playing as a 10 again.

Already edited since naa... U no dey refresh ni?

Modified: Thought you quoted the one where I typed Mikel as CM and Iwobi as AM. Had to take a look at the list again

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Already edited since naa... U no dey refresh ni?
Lol no vex boss...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2019
DrKlever:
Is Rohr okay ataw Why play Musa and Etebo who are already on a yellow card in this kinda game?

Rohr is something else
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2019
ChrisKels:

It's 5pm naija time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2019
lexyman:

you mean you value Babe pass SE ?... another plastic fan spotted grin

Mumu read the post well grin

That match was played in the night, she no gree follow me go, she no gree make I go alone and I couldn't send her home bkus it was late. So ur guy just weak. I say make I dey follow the match online, she begin complain say I no dey give her attention nawa, that night was hell. When we scored I heard shouts from the viewing station, I wan cry buh I had to pretend and act cool though I was visibly sad.

Mind u, she no be ur regular girl, babe was worth it and guess what, I succeeded in making her an Eagles/Barca fan though she dey vex me anytime wey she dey praise Ororo over Messi grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Just imagine... You are one more confession away from a lobotomy my good man....

Hahahahaha if I slap u ehh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2019
Naah.. it's alright my good man. Ogu and Etebo as our shield. What do you think? Ogu is the sitting DM obviously. Etebo is more mobile.

Can it better the Ogu-Ndidi-Mikel we saw against Argentina in November 2017?

Now it is Ogu-Etebo-Mikel.... Etebo's midfield energy and combatant qualities standing in for Ndidi's midfield enforcer qualities.

edi287:

Lol no vex boss...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:53pm On Jun 30, 2019
Icon4s:
I am shocked that no one in that Supersports studio is aware that Burundi are not out.

Burundi just needs a win against Guinea and finish 3rd and wait for other 3rd placed teams to emerge before knowing if they will be among the top 4!

For Yobo I am not surprised at his poor Permutational ability. After all at the 2010 WC after we lost our first two games he said we were out, not considering that we could still qualify if we beat S/Korea by any margin in the 3rd game and hope that Argentina beats Greece.

Again, 2011 qualifiers, a 2:1 win would have seen us through but we ended drawing 2:2 due to our pushing forward for a 3rd goal. Yobo was busy blaming the NFF for not telling the team that a 2:1 win was enough grin

Recall also how the Nigerian press declared our golden Eaglets as having qualified for this year's U17 WC because we won our first 2 games, and not putting all the 6 group matches into perspective.

We here really need to organize a course on Football permutations for many of these press men and football analysts. undecided

Guy why u still dey this level nah? u are better than those guys over there honestly. Make a case man, make a case
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:53pm On Jun 30, 2019
Maths hard Dem for school naa... Study your maths texts... They said Mbanu... They prefer novels... Lol

Icon4s:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2019
ChrisKels:

Hahahahaha if I slap u ehh

You will have to get through them first.... grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
As is stands, no team is out I THINK
Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Naah.. it's alright my good man. Ogu and Etebo as our shield. What do you think? Ogu is the sitting DM obviously. Etebo is more mobile.

Can it better the Ogu-Ndidi-Mikel we saw against Argentina in November 2017?

Now it is Ogu-Etebo-Mikel.... Etebo's midfield energy and combatant qualities standing in for Ndidi's midfield enforcer qualities.

It's actually quite balanced on paper. Ogu can dictate play better than Ndidi and Etebo and isn't a bad ball winner (not in Ndidi's league of course). Etebo will finally get a bit more freedom to buzz around compared to when he's played alongside NDIDi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
Iwobi should shave this dirty hair abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2019
over hype league, organisation is top notch but no talent. the best leagues in africa is in the north
Starboytwo:
South Africa league wey be say na only "outside shot Dem dey score...pass 1 pass 2 like this 'gbim' na shot...

The only time dey pass anything around is when the wanna pass blame and Cutlass to xenophobic foreigners head comot....

God pls let's meet them � abeg...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2019
It is Gassama again ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2019
ChrisKels:

Bro the list dey reset brain, ask oasis007, grin though gustav25 na another man entirely

grin

You are wicked....... Aswear!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6378) (6379) (6380) (6381) (6382) (6383) (6384) ... (16681) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Toylove, Mujtahida, charlesemeka85(m), M7even(m), tikristinimi21, sureleads and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.