Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,636 members, 7,930,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:52 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12316779 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6411) (6412) (6413) (6414) (6415) (6416) (6417) ... (16539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 9:16am On Jul 02, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Neymar doesn't dive he overemphasizes grin
The contact is there but he 'may' sometimes make them more than they seem grin

But seriously Zaha is really being attacked on the pitch it is clear for all to see. We even heard Troy Deeney's sick comment about taking turns kicking Zaha.

Neymar can barely stay on his feet. Call it exaggeration, I will call it diving. His play acting was so bad at the world cup, he actually ended up embarrassing himself.

When you watch some of the penalties awarded to Zaha last season in particular against Arsenal, Man city and Watford. You will see the reason he was hated by opposition fans and players. Although Denney is a complete tool. He's an ex-con for a reason.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16am On Jul 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

I am not surprised. Pinnick is a passionate Arsenal fan and has been in constant touch with Wenger for years now. As a matter of fact, it was Wenger that recommended Gernot Rohr(who is a good friend of Wenger's) to Pinnick.

Though I'm very skeptical about the chances that Wenger will agree to come out of retirement to coach a team in faraway Africa at his age. Most probably, Pinnick is reaching out to him for another recommendation, if that is the case, then we should expect another French coach soon.

Pinnick should stop the crap and give Siasia and Amunike the job as coach and assistant. Give them room to deliver.

Finito.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:17am On Jul 02, 2019
That is Ziyech as a right AMF. Whoscored terms it "AM(R)". He is adaptable as an AM and is a left footer plus he is so technically gifted with good speed too. This is why he can function as an AM anywhere across the final third be it as a CAM, AM(L)/LMF or AM(R)/RMF. When he is playing from the right or left, he could be seen as a winger but he is no typical winger.

andrew444:

That's is why I included him as a winger because he has played there several times even for Ajax ,even during the World Cup

Now check yesterday game and see where he played

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:20am On Jul 02, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
That is Ziyech as a right AMF. Whoscored terms it "AM(R)". He is adaptable as an AM and is a left footer plus he is so technically gifted with good speed too. This is why he can function as an AM anywhere across the final third be it as a CAM, AM(L)/LMF or AM(R)/RMF. When he is playing from the right or left, he could be seen as a winger but he is no typical winger.

lol

Okay oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:23am On Jul 02, 2019
elyte89:

Chriskel... Am still sticking out my neck on eagles

We re getting to d finals...hopefully we will lift d trophy smiley

abeg stop this rough play, both our coach and players don't have a winning mentality, it's all excuses excuses that they are a young team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:23am On Jul 02, 2019
Siasia + Amunike.... Wow... This combo won't be so bad but both are heavily attacking oriented tacticians. They will concede in most games and will be focused on just outscoring the opponents.

Although Amunike offers more tactical discipline than Siasia. Don't mind what Tanzania shows at this Afcon. It is not every national team that can translate your philosophy to even a quarter of the latter.

TheGoodJoe:

Pinnick should stop the crap and give Siasia and Amunike the job as coach and assistant. Give them room to deliver.

Finito.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Drtega: 9:26am On Jul 02, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Finito.
Godforbid

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:30am On Jul 02, 2019
You want Pep. Me I would go for Jurgen Klopp if I had my way. I will maks him the highest paid coach in Africa and tie him to a four year-contract for a start. But shaa... Klopp is out of our reach now. Lol

Who I can feasibly recommend now? I don't know really but maybe uhmmm.... The young German who isn't so typically stiff like Rohr. His name is Julian Nagelsmann of TSG hoffenheim. But he is on his way to RB Leipzig for the 2019/2020 season. He is young, Dynamic and knows how to get the best out of gifted youngsters plus he plays beautiful disciplined football.

nairalandankrah:

My wish is to have PEP GUARDIOLA as the chief coach of our darling SUPER EAGLES... Hahahahaha
biko is This too much to ask?
We have what we need to play free flowing attack minded football..please can you recommend a sound coach to the NFF?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:44am On Jul 02, 2019
Nigerian Prodigy Kelechi Nwakali Training With Arsenal Ahead Of Potential Debut

Golden Ball winner at the 2015 FIFA U17 World Cup, Kelechi Nwakali has started training with Arsenal ahead of the new season, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.

The former Flying Eagles skipper does not qualify for a work permit to play in the English Premier League as he has no senior caps to his name in competitive games, meaning he will head out on loan in the 2019-2020 season or be sold on a permanent basis.

On Arsenal's official website, Nwakali has been listed among their U23 players along with players of Nigerian descent Arthur Okonkwo, Tobi Omole, Joseph Olowu, Tolaji Bola, James Olayinka, Bukayo Saka, Xavier Amaechi and Folarin Balogun.

The Diamond Academy product was pictured wearing the new retro Adidas home kit recently released by the Gunners for the 2019-2020 campaign.

Arsenal XI will face Boreham Wood in a pre-season friendly at Meadow Park on Saturday, July 6 and Nwakali is in contention to play in the game in what would be his debut for the North London club.

Since Nwakali's arrival at the Emirates Stadium in the summer of 2016, he has been farmed out on loan to MVV Maastricht, VVV Venlo and Porto.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

**Photo Credit : arsenal.com

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by markfemisgay: 9:48am On Jul 02, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

You want Pep. Me I would go for Jurgen Klopp if I had my way. I will maks him the highest paid coach in Africa and tie him to a four year-contract for a start. But shaa... Klopp is out of our reach now. Lol

Who I can feasibly recommend now? I don't know really but maybe uhmmm.... The young German who isn't so typically stiff like Rohr. His name is Julian Nagelsmann of TSG hoffenheim. But he is on his way to RB Leipzig for the 2019/2020 season. He is young, Dynamic and knows how to get the best out of gifted youngsters.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 9:53am On Jul 02, 2019
From Leon Balogun tweet this morning

You can love me or either leave me, but I'm only human & I make mistakes. Try not to hold that against me tho. I accept full responsibility for my actions, so if ya'll expect me to be perfect, I apologize for being human. No mistake's too great to recover and bounce back �����

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:02am On Jul 02, 2019
andrew444:

Ziyech of Ajax

One of the best wingers in Europe this season

One of the best players in the champions league also
well..he has not really being convincing IMO . I watch two of Morocco's matches..Amrabat seems to be the one pulling most of the strings.
Take note,I didn't say he is crap o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThanosKilla(m): 10:03am On Jul 02, 2019
ChrisKels:

Rohr when quizzed on the iedeal of the fantastic youngsters (Osimhen, Chukwueze and especially Onyekuru) he has hasn't given opportunities or enough opportunities so far in this AFCON;

"Of course we would like to see other players but sometimes the attitude of the players in the training sessions, general attitude, they show us that they are not ready for such a big game." angry

Which yeye attitude the man dey talk about here? That was the same language he used to hang Iheanacho

I used to like and defend Rohr, but I now see him as a grumpy old man looking for excuses for his tactical ineptitude. When he started with Nacho, I said to myself, when Nacho was saving his old white ass with goals, he didn't see him as not serious.
Just imagine this man saying some hard-working players who've done so well this season in their various clubs are suddenly not serious. If I say I no tire for Rohr, my nose for don long pass Pinocchio own.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:31am On Jul 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

U are just being hypocritical here...

The other day you were saying that Onauchu shouldn't have made the AFCON list ahead of Awoniyi because the Danish league where Onauchu plays is ranked lower than the Belgian league.. but suddenly u changed gear to UEFA competition... Nonsense!
Let Kayode hit form again before u start clamouring for his recall..And when he gets called up do well to remind him to take his chance.

FC Midtjylland has never played in the UEFA Champions League group stage for once. What is your senseless and baseless argument all about?

Danish league is not just a lower league, it's a an obscure league that is not even among the top 20 clubs in Europe.

When did you see me clamour for Kayode on that my post? You are just grasping for straw.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Siasia + Amunike.... Wow... This combo won't be so bad but both are heavily attacking oriented tacticians. They will concede in most games and will be focused on just outscoring the opponents.

Although Amunike offers more tactical discipline than Siasia. Don't mind what Tanzania shows at this Afcon. It is not every national team that can translate your philosophy to even a quarter of the latter.

I still think we would do better with the right foreign coach instead of going local. The man management and selection bias will ways remain our undoing with local coaches no matter how much exposure they have to how things should be done.

Amunike as a no 2 under a rijkaard or someone of that sort of standing is what I would opt for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:38am On Jul 02, 2019
mostob:
well..he has not really being convincing IMO . I watch two of Morocco's matches..Amrabat seems to be the one pulling most of the strings.
Take note,I didn't say he is crap o.

I meant convincing for club side

Yes a 32 years old amrabat have been pulling the strings

While in naija once a player is 32 years old they will say the player is 2 old for national team but if you tell them say our players use football age dem go say Na lie

Just saying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2019
realpoacher:
From Leon Balogun tweet this morning

Very mumu people

If na Kenneth omeruo say them go forgive am ?

Make I just reserve my rest comments
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:51am On Jul 02, 2019
andrew444:

I meant convincing for club side

Yes a 32 years old amrabat have been pulling the strings

While in naija once a player is 32 years old they will say the player is 2 old for national team but if you tell them say our players use football age dem go say Na lie

Just saying
Lolz.. that is naija for u.
And yes, ziyach has being decent for his club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:52am On Jul 02, 2019
Ana ako mgbu, left and right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:53am On Jul 02, 2019
Gueye , partey and Ndidi ...who has been the best so far of all the 3? Ndidi IMO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:57am On Jul 02, 2019
Why do I feel VAR might bring disaster to this ongoing Afcon tourney. We all witness what happens at the ongoing Women's world cup. If the Europeans can't utilize VAR effectively and efficiently, what made CAF think we can use it in the correct manner? An example is what happened at the CAFCL final.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:57am On Jul 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

U are d one here without common sense...If u had any,u would have stuck with the UEFA coefficient ranking U used to argue that Onauchu shouldn't have made the afcon squad ahead of Awoniyi. the same UEFA coefficient ranking u used to argue with Thegoodjoe that Babayaro wasn't better than Taiwo .
Who cares if Kayode is playing in the champions league (as if he contributed to shaktar qualification self)?
Let him perform where he is and he will be considered!

It's still part of the UEFA coefficient ranking. An ignoramus like you will not understand that the points garnered while playing in the UEFA Champions League determines a club's UEFA coefficient ranking. Sharktar Donetsk didn't bribe their way to the top.

You can see how senseless and uninformed your statements are again.

Try to put on your reasoning cap before making senseless, uninformed, baseless and emotional comments next time you come on public forum.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 11:00am On Jul 02, 2019
I refrained from dropping Comments since we lost to the Madagascans, coz I wanna avoid being tagged along with; I told you so Crew.

I remember I was the first to call Rohr - white Onighinde after his woeful tactical performance at the World. Rohr is simply good at man-management, tactically he's as same as Aigbogun.

Also, when I said I was still sceptical of Ighalo scoring prowess, I was almost e-lynched. Guess Ighalo has justified his scoring prowess?!

Surprisingly, no one is talking of Rohr and his Boys ish. Had it been Siasia that played a recuperating Kalu at the Expense of a fit Onyekuru/Chukwueze, we wouldn't have read any other Updates on this Thread, except Allegations flying around and condemnation of indigenous Coach, for at least a Week.

I wish the Team best of luck in the next Match.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:02am On Jul 02, 2019
Earthquake3:

Sterling is not better than Zaha he's just playing in a better team with a better coach

I'll agree with the other two though

You need to make s distinction between dribbling technical skills and even general show boating and the most IMPORTANT THING which is. END PRODUCT.

In this regard irrespective of team Raheem is a better player.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 11:08am On Jul 02, 2019
Regardless of what happens going forward, Rorh should be sacked.

He lacks ambition, he is clueless and his team doesn't know how to score.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:10am On Jul 02, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Every coach has a weakness that's why you hire experts to help in areas they are not so good at. Amunike is still learning the rope and soon or later he will coach super eagles.

Yes! He is still learning the rope hence the need to allow him continue his learning process with other teams before he even think of becoming Nigeria's coach.

He still has a very long way to go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:15am On Jul 02, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Why do you find it funny ? What does Musa offer to this team.

Offers alot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:19am On Jul 02, 2019
Frank Rijkaard.... Hmmm... He is no longer connected to the beautiful game since his decision to quit football management in 2014 I think. But if he can be lured, fine. But again, he's not been active. Is that a risk we are willing to take?

Apart from all that... An active/reactivated Rijkaard is a great tactical coach and man manager and should be able to work well alongside amuneke. Not a bad choice too. Only that the man has left football.

wayodude:

I still think we would do better with the right foreign coach instead of going local. The man management and selection bias will ways remain our undoing with local coaches no matter how much exposure they have to how things should be done.

Amunike as a no 2 under a rijkaard or someone of that sort of standing is what I would opt for.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:22am On Jul 02, 2019
Taliban:

Kilagbe ki le ju. Wetin im carry why u dey take sledgehammer kill ant. E no abuse u, egbon you wey suppose be shiny light dey yab person like this.

Read what he wrote well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:23am On Jul 02, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Nobody is over hyping them. We know what can happen if you have these youngsters and use them very well. Not playing Chukwueze as 10 or Iwobi a winger while Onyekuru is there.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

But I can tell you what they can not do.

First of they are not the best team players, Onyekuru and Chukwueze will not back track and give any defensive cover. There off the ball movement is not good.

You will not get any quality crosses for your light weight forward Osimhen to receive.

Chukwueze will hug the ball trying to dribble everybody. Onyekuru is a bit more mature but similar.

There will be no HOLD UP PLAY.

As a forward line it would be disastrous causing the entire team to loose cohesion. With too much pressure being put on the midfield they may resort to Long ball police game. To get out of trouble.

IMO in this very physical based game in the AFCON, I would play Onuachu and Ighalo.

Mikel or Ogu but never the both just too slow and lethargic and can't keep up with the pace of the current high paced game in this AFCON. I would prefer if both were dropped to be honest as subs.

Which is our best winger at crossing the ball He would be first choice. But l really don't know which one. Nobody has been impressive, one of the primary function of winger and or wing back is to cross the ball. But we seem to have forgotten that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:25am On Jul 02, 2019
jihday:
he must be the super eagles coach o, so we can be beating teams 10-0, 8-0 with our 'world class' players

Hehehe! E easy! grin

Teams will finish us counter attacks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6411) (6412) (6413) (6414) (6415) (6416) (6417) ... (16539) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: humility33(m), waffiboi and 23 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.