Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,692 members, 7,948,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 04:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6737) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12423441 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6734) (6735) (6736) (6737) (6738) (6739) (6740) ... (16668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2019
Marjoribanks:

Tammy is ours!!
Bleep haters!!

Not sure bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
andrew444:

Nigerian league players doesnt even know how to lie, can you imagine you knowing he made his league debut 2003, i wont even doubt anything you are saying.

The lie no rhym at all, you made a league debut back in 2003 and you are 25 in 2013, how does that make sense?

Lol, this is funny bro

That's the thing. People always ask where those Keshi boys are but they haven't considered the fact they were given the chance quite late in their careers.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2019
andrew444:

Not sure bro
Can't you see bro.
He replaced England flag with Nigeria, what else do you need bro!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
timay:

Something tells me the work permit shit is a lie.
Everton doesn't want him yet. With all the club appearances even in the Champions league over the past 3 yrs, I believe he should be more than qualify.

He would probably get loaned again. His handlers are just using it as a way of not letting his value drop.

Everton is about to sign Moise kean from Juve , for 27.5 million. If they needed Onyekuru, he should have been staying cos it's not as if they don't need a Striker.

Harsh truth is Onyekuru is a business transaction and not a prospect for Everton.

If Ademola Lookman 21 ( true age) who was able to light up the Bundesliga when on loan and understands the physicality of the English football leagues. And who was unable to break into Everton as a regular player what chance therefore, does Onyekuru have to be realistic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LZAA: 4:40pm On Jul 30, 2019
tbaba1234:

Where are these gems??

We should have seen them in the super 6 or the Aeito cup final.
Goodjoe is stating facts and u are asking where are the gems
This is the same nonsense germany did after euro 96 and england did after 98 until common sense told them to go and starting scouting proper players rather than relying on big names
Apparently pinnick said nigerian coaches are desperate for rohr to get the sack forgetting that nigerian coaches like keshi,amodu,onigbinde and chukwu all reached the latter stages of AFCON and their teams played better football than this rubbish we watched where the team relied on sheer force of will to win matches
Where is our jose mourinho,pep guardiola or ferguson?
Yeah i thought so...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
that doesn't mean he has changed allegiance to us. remember he was even visited by pinnick few years ago and the outcome of the meeting was positive for him later to deny accepting to play for us
Marjoribanks:

Can't you see bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2019
Marjoribanks:

Tammy is ours!!
Bleep haters!!

There are no haters here .the boy is gone...

The fact that he was given then no.9 jersey at Chelsea means he will most likely be first choice striker .
The super eagles don't have any competitive game until November .England have an Euro qualifier game in September . between August and September, Tammy would most likely have scored a few goals for chrldea.. he will be called up and one second on the pitch will cap tie him to England for life..

Maybe the Nigerian flag on his bio is just to reaffirm his Nigerian root..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
exactly bro. that is the reason why everton are asking for too much via transfer fees. actually he has suitors from good leagues even the laliga but the problem is the price tag placed on him by everton which interested teams see to be very expensive
komekn:

Harsh truth is Onyekuru is a business transaction and not a prospect for Everton.

If Ademola Lookman 21 ( true age) who was able to light up the Bundesliga when on loan and understands the physicality of the English football leagues. And who was unable to break into Everton as a regular player what chance therefore, does Onyekuru have to be realistic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
*off topic...
Afro-basket women championship kick off August 9 .. Here's the group... D'tigress already in camp!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2019
andrew444:

And to get work permit no hard un capped isaac success, Na special talent dem use

I don't know but you should consider the ownership of the three clubs Watford Grenada and Udinese.

He was in Spain for quite some time and I do not know his immigration status.

I know of a Nigerian international now retired recently who played in the EPL he circumvented the work permit rules by virtue of a Portuguese passport.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:47pm On Jul 30, 2019
Marjoribanks:

Can't you see bro.

Oga no be today ,if he plays for naija I will be happier than you

The Tammy that will be playing for Chelsea this season won't play for naija

Quote me then it will happen

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2019
Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze has been named among the top fifty young players to keep an eye on in the 2019-2020 season by the official website of UEFA.

As was the case before the start of the 2018-2019 campaign, only one Nigerian youngster has been picked by UEFA's team of reporters.

Explaining why Chukwueze is being tipped for success in the upcoming season, they wrote : ''Precocious winger with UEFA Europa League experience; the Nigeria Football Federation's young player of the year for 2017/18''.

The list contains some eye-catching names such as Rhian Brewster (Liverpool), Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich), Carel Eiting (Ajax), Gedson Fernandes (Benfica), Sean Longstaff (Newcastle) and William Saliba (Arsenal).

Chukwueze was one of the key players that helped Villarreal avoid relegation last term, netting five goals in 26 appearances in La Liga.

On the international level, the Diamond Academy product was part of the Super Eagles squad that won bronze at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations and opened his senior account in a 2-1 win vs South Africa.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
andrew444:

Has he joined the turkey club already?

The last time i checked turkey leagues produced many players at the world cup and you people see it as a bad league especially Komekn

We have more Brazilians in turkey than Nigerian players, you said Nigeria players love turkey, please call 15 nigeria player in turkey league right now, am not sure if you will complete the task

Person see offer for turkey una want make him dey epl or others league wey offers no come from

Remove sentiment and emotive based favoritism.

The Turkish league is not a top quality league and does not attract the best players in thier prime. This is just the truth.

If you are in that League you are not competing with the best. The very favourable taxes regime is very favourable to many players particularly those unable to compete in the better leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2019
Marjoribanks:

Tammy is ours!!
Bleep haters!!
This is how he deceived us the other time...I'm not getting my hopes up again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2019
sheyishemba:

uhmmm am still a little bit optimistic about this dude
Forget it bro. The guy is good as gone. All he needs is half a decent season.
Let's not forget the euros is next year. If he plays well for Chelsea there's no way he doesn't make the squad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2019
charlesemeka85:
you are right but there is chances of a white english boy erupting from no where with atleast 10 goals in the epl this season or next and if that happens tammy will be forgotten by the english fa.

moreover southgate will prefer starting rashford as a striker instead of tammy. england is blessed with young flank players coming up so i see no reason deploying rashford to the flanks only if kane starts. tammy's best bet in international football is with nigeria. with england he will gain few caps but with nigeria the chances of becoming the teams undisputed number 9 is very high but sentiment aside i don't think he will turn back to play for us so he is good as gone
Hmmm you do have a point but it doesn't help that he plays for Chelsea and a legend like Lampard rates him. It would be a miracle if he makes the switch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
Marjoribanks:

Can't you see bro.
Lol...folks like you will believe Santa claus to be real.
that guy is 3 lions bound...
is like you don't know Tammy tricks...he often does that to attract Southgate attention...the moment Nigeria media carries it...he gets a call up.
just watch out....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
LZAA:

Goodjoe is stating facts and u are asking where are the gems
This is the same nonsense germany did after euro 96 and england did after 98 until common sense told them to go and starting scouting proper players rather than relying on big names
Apparently pinnick said nigerian coaches are desperate for rohr to get the sack forgetting that nigerian coaches like keshi,amodu,onigbinde and chukwu all reached the latter stages of AFCON and their teams played better football than this rubbish we watched where the team relied on sheer force of will to win matches
Where is our jose mourinho,pep guardiola or ferguson?
Yeah i thought so...
You keep saying "big names" like these guys fall from heaven.
England had a golden generation during the early 2000s that wasn't utilized properly by the coaches they had. I mean all they had to do to solve the famous "Lampard - Gerrard" dilemma was to play a 4-3-3.
Germany after having a lull in talented players coming through simply invested in grassroots football and reaped the benefits.
England simply changed their way of coaching.
The argument is our best talents are in the academies and if you look at the transfers over the last few years - it proves that this is correct.
What you should be asking is why there isn't a reasonable link with these academies and our league teams??
Yes coaching and poor facilities is part of the problem but I repeat if we had a Mikel replacement lying in the NPFL right now - there is no way that we wouldn't have identified them.
When Ahmed Musa was discovered - did he not go straight to Holland?? Musa was wanted by Ajax but went to Venlo instead.
If we have budding talents everywhere - why aren't we seeing more moves like that of Musa and Taye Taiwo?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
bro there is alot of racism and politics in the english FA. if a white english lad happens to score 15 goals for teams like villa,norwich or shelfield this season he will be hyped to high heavens,next teams like spurs or everton will pounce to snap him up for 50 million pounds then the rest his history. white english players stands better chances in the three lions set up more than sons of immigrants who are black.

tammy have to be exceptional to hold down a starters shirt even when kane retires

edi287:

Hmmm you do have a point but it doesn't help that he plays for Chelsea and a legend like Lampard rates him. It would be a miracle if he makes the switch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2019
Marjoribanks:

Tammy is ours!!
Bleep haters!!

You want to conclude by an Instagram bio?

You don't know Tammy Abraham
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2019
spot on bro
edi287:

You keep saying "big names" like these guys fall from heaven.
England had a golden generation during the early 2000s that wasn't utilized properly by the coaches they had. I mean all they had to do to solve the famous "Lampard - Gerrard" dilemma was to play a 4-3-3.
Germany after having a lull in talented players coming through simply invested in grassroots football and reaped the benefits.
England simply changed their way of coaching.
The argument is our best talents are in the academies and if you look at the transfers over the last few years - it proves that this is correct.
What you should be asking is why there isn't a reasonable link with these academies and our league teams??
Yes coaching and poor facilities is part of the problem but I repeat if we had a Mikel replacement lying in the NPFL right now - there is no way that we wouldn't have identified them.
When Ahmed Musa was discovered - did he not go straight to Holland?? Musa was wanted by Ajax but went to Venlo instead.
If we have budding talents everywhere - why aren't we seeing more moves like that of Musa and Taye Taiwo?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2019
andrew444:

Than that freekick abi?
yea...messi really scored some incredible goals last season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2019
simiife:

Like d volley against sevilla and d 1 against beris
yea..and there is one audacious CHIP he scored. forgot the opponent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
sheyishemba:
Chelsea Striker Tammy Abraham Seemingly Open To Representing Nigeria
Published: July 30, 2019
If
Tammy Abraham's Instagram bio is anything to go by, the Chelsea striker is still open to representing the Super Eagles after recently adding a Nigeria flag to his profile.
Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr is believed to be searching for a new number nine following the retirement of Odion Ighalo after the Africa Cup of Nations and the Chelsea Academy product fits the bill.
Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick had claimed back in 2017 that Abraham had pledged his international future to Nigeria after meeting with the striker and his representatives in London, only for the player to deny that he was switching allegiance to the three-time African champions.
Though Pinnick had claimed that he had a close relationship with Abraham's father, he was unable to persuade the youngster to play for the national team at the 2018 World Cup.
Two years have now passed since that controversial incident and the 21-year-old has not been cap-tied by the Football Association, meaning the Nigerian Federation are still in the race for his services.
The likes of Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Callum Wilson, Danny Welbeck and Raheem Sterling are ahead of Abraham in Gareth Southgate's pecking order of strikers, but that could change if he has a good start to the season.
The England U21 star has scored an impressive 60 goals in 130 games as a professional.

I pray this falls through
lol...him eye don clear.. Unfortunately, he now has some serious competitors
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
Earthquake1:

Yea but this is the most difficult goal

He had only one place to beat Alisson and he put he ball exactly there
u grab? dude be scoring FKs like penalty
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2019
edi287:

True but that guy's trolling is starting to get boring. It was funny at first but now he's trying too hard..
lol..u sef see am.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2019
charlesemeka85:
you are right but there is chances of a white english boy erupting from no where with atleast 10 goals in the epl this season or next and if that happens tammy will be forgotten by the english fa.

moreover southgate will prefer starting rashford as a striker instead of tammy. england is blessed with young flank players coming up so i see no reason deploying rashford to the flanks only if kane starts. tammy's best bet in international football is with nigeria. with england he will gain few caps but with nigeria the chances of becoming the teams undisputed number 9 is very high but sentiment aside i don't think he will turn back to play for us so he is good as gone
I don't even want him to come.
nonsense and gustav

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
Earthquake1:

You want to conclude by an Instagram bio?

You don't know Tammy Abraham
no mind him jare..na players like him dey do football prostitution. ..be jumping around
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
charlesemeka85:
bro there is alot of racism and politics in the english FA. if a white english lad happens to score 15 goals for teams like villa,norwich or shelfield this season he will be hyped to high heavens,next teams like spurs or everton will pounce to snap him up for 50 million pounds then the rest his history. white english players stands better chances in the three lions set up more than sons of immigrants who are black.

tammy have to be exceptional to hold down a starters shirt even when kane retires

Anyhow...I'd welcome him with open arms at the moment. We could do with him right now.
He needs to get sense quick!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2019
Tammy changed his bio flag to Nigeria few hours ago but has replaced it with both 2 hours ago uhmmm I think NFF has approached him again but wishing him all the best sha I think NFF should fasten their approach on Udokhai tomori and most essentially eze the guy good gan you guys should watch some of his clip on IG with teamnigeriauk

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:54pm On Jul 30, 2019
tammy will be a great addition but at the same time if he doesnt rescind his decision we should not worry much about him. we have young forwards coming up in the likes of oshimeh,okereke,awoniyi,odey and akpom and i expect two or more of these mentioned strikers to have a stellar season.

rohr's major focus should be the central defense and midfield position. uduokhai,torunarigha and tomori should be approached again while the likes of aribo,esiti,onomah,eze,bashiru etc should be monitored and scouted intensively.

Also uncapped junior pius who just joined royal antwep in belgian top tier and u20 defender ozornwafor's development should monitored as well.

sheyishemba:
Tammy changed his bio flag to Nigeria few hours ago but has replaced it with both 2 hours ago uhmmm I think NFF has approached him again but wishing him all the best sha I think NFF should fasten their approach on Udokhai tomori and most essentially eze the guy good gan you guys should watch some of his clip on IG with teamnigeriauk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
ChrisKels:

Bia nwoke m, kee ife mmadu mere gi? I buzikwanu otuto(boil) too anyi n'ike ebe a
Enyia , maba Ohia ... Otito Na Ike nshi ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6734) (6735) (6736) (6737) (6738) (6739) (6740) ... (16668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mank1234(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.