Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6848) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11988800 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6845) (6846) (6847) (6848) (6849) (6850) (6851) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2019
Joebie:
Eh break am down make person understand

Take Mbaye Diagne and Raphael Leao as examples

Mbaye Diagne(Turkish league) - 30 goals =No offers

Raphael Leao(French league) - 8 goals =Ac Milan, 35 million

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2019
edi287:

Yes na. Eye test and stats proves it grin

Okay na. Na true you talk. But they are not better than Giroud if we go by these.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2019
edi287:

Agreed. I think the player profiles we have at the moment suits a 4-3-3 more than a 4-2-3-1.
He should give the front 3 freedom and let them unleash havoc while 2 of the CMs cover up spaces our fullbacks would use.
There is a reason why Trent Alexander Arnold had so many assists last season.

My brother...u sabi abeg...It's not rocket science!! Attacking midfielders aren't the only source of creativity in a team!! Imagine if Klopp was using Rohr's style at Liverpool ...making Salah and Mane do defensive work on the flank alongside Trent and Robertson grin
Rohr needs somebody to knock some idea of how modern day football work into him..we aren't in the 1990s any more...this culture of conservative football he is introducing to the super eagles isn't what we are used to...The super eagles didn't become a feared team in Africa by playing conservative football!!

We say no to conservative football!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2019
Eartquake1:

Back grin

taaaaa,,,,,,

nah only forward and right ah sabi oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2019
ChrisKels:

This man 28? Hmmm nawa oo
I add 7years to him. Ehen... Fits the look grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2019
Everton's Nigerian Winger Joins Monaco, Subject To Medical

Published: August 11, 2019

Everton's Nigerian Winger Joins Monaco, Subject To Medical

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been told Nigeria international Henry Onyekuru has agreed a move to French Ligue 1 club Monaco from Premier League club Everton.

The winger has landed in the Principality to undergo a medical ahead of his move to the eight-time top flight champions.

The Toffees were forced to sell the former Eupen man to Monaco because he was not issued a work permit to play in the Premier League for the third successive season.

An agreement has been reached on contractual terms, with the 22-year-old expected to put pen to paper on a five-year deal.

Onyekuru initially rejected joining Monaco as his priority was to return to Galatasaray where he shone last season but Everton have convinced him that the move is the right one.

He contributed to 22 goals (16 goals, 6 assists) in 44 games over the course of last season, helping Galatasaray with the Super Lig and Cup.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=33257

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2019
Eartquake1:

Thou diagne no be small pikin ooo, hope you know turkey league hot shot then cenk tosun ended up at everton

Lille have purchased about 2 players from Turkish league recently

Not all players are lucky to make the move.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2019
Ojo Is The Reincarnation Of Arjen Robben'- Rangers Fans Go Gaga Over Liverpool Loanee's Brilliant Display

Published: August 11, 2019

'Ojo Is The Reincarnation Of Arjen Robben'- Rangers Fans Go Gaga Over Liverpool Loanee's Brilliant Display
Liverpool loanee Sheyi Ojo netted his third goal in Glasgow Rangers colours as they hammered Hibernian 6-1 on game week 2 in the Scottish Premiership on Sunday afternoon.

Having provided an assist for Rangers second goal scored by Jermain Defoe, the England U21 winger opened his account in the league in the second minute of injury time.

Ojo was involved in the build-up to Defoe's ninth minute goal when his powerful shot from distance was saved by the Hibernian goalkeeper and the Rangers number 9 fired home the rebound.

Rangers fans took to Twitter to express their joy with the winger's blistering form and here is a rundown of their comments:

@sunshinekid10: "I know that no one wants to mention it and I can understand that but at some point we are going to have to acknowledge that Sheyi Ojo is the reincarnation of Arjen Robben coming in off that right hand side and shooting with his left foot".

@wande: "Hibs are... all over shop. Joe Aribo roaming about for Rangers, Jordan Jones very lively but Sheyi Ojo on a different level."

@AyoT_: "Sheyi Ojo scored a goal in Rangers' 6-1 win over Hibernian."

@walesco: "Sheyi Ojo scored a goal makes Two assists in Rangers 6-1 demolition of Hibernian on Sunday # sheyiojo #rangers".

@taye: "Is Rohr watching Ojo while for Rangers today? Man is too good".

@Joshua_chisom: "Good day in office for Ojo, man is hot".

@TobiSunday: "what a transformation, Ojo is doing magic for Rangers Vs Hibernia FC 6-1!"

@uchechukwu34: " Can't wait to see Ojo plays for Super Eagles, Ademola Lookman is also at the corner?"

@musaM: "Great performance from Ojo... One goal, two assists".

@runawaySpouse : " Ojo is an upgrade to Kent no doubt, he continually grows in confidence with Rangers".

Ibukun Italoye

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=33258
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2019
daveP:
I add 7years to him. Ehen... Fits the look grin

His last game for the super eagles was pathetic.I won't lie,I felt like appearing in the stadium and slapping him... He was running around like a pregnant woman.. I dunno why Oliseh started him self!

Age has obviously caught up with and his team mates from that 2007 set..

Thank Fifa for MRI, the future of our national team now looks promising...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2019
Icon4s:

This set of Eaglets were truly young. A lot of them came through from the principal's cup for secondary schools and YUTFON games.

Na later age cheating enter Nigerian football.
I feel pain when the Principal's cup is now dead and a shadow.

I got a close chance in sec school. We trained for weeks and played friendlies. Only for our principal to say "we have no bus, and we havent gotten enough to fund our quest,....blah blah. We have decided to be meticulous and divert funds to more rewarding ventures...... "

Very painful, but shows the kind of mentality they have towards sports for students. And to image that many parents, mine inclusive, were eager to allow us participate. I guess the man told them th3 same silly excuse.

I dream of a day this cup would return to its talent producing standard. I was dribbled to shame by some 11yr old kids last year at a pitch in Lagos..... Talent plenty.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2019
Danielnino00:

His last game for the super eagles was pathetic.I won't lie,I felt like appearing in the stadium and slapping him... He was running around like a pregnant woman.. I dunno why Oliseh started him self!

Naija football don good now

All those old papa wey after u17 world cup you no go hear any of them again

If i am not mistaken this dude was toni kroos set

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
andrew444:

Thou diagne no be small pikin ooo, hope you know turkey league hot shot then cenk tosun ended up at everton

Lille have purchased about 2 players from Turkish league recently

Not all players are lucky to make the move.

Players rarely move to top leagues from Turkish league

Cenk Tosun is another example not to buy players straight from Turkish league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
daveP:
With Utmost sincerity, i see no reason why most of those against Forgiveness talk are really biting their necks off.

He might not be topnotch, but forgiveness make a stronh, undaunted fact.... Ajagun is the only SE capped player, infact the 2nd Nigerian playing AM role in a rated league. 2nd not 11th or 22nd.

Trust me, if he continues perfoming, Rohr that needs someone in that role will reconsider him cos that role is as scarce as anything the SE cureent needs. Out of scarcity might outweigh the out of performance.

So asides this, i think most of those attacking him got him wrong. I hate this tribal smirk. Must that always be the Thanos-ic Finger click to winning?

Agreed without reservation

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2019
Eartquake1:

Players rarely move to top leagues from Turkish league

Cenk Tosun is another example not to buy players straight from Turkish league

Tosun hasnt done badly at everton

Or what are you insisting?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 11, 2019
andrew444:

Tosun hasnt done badly at everton

Or what are you insisting?

Are you serious grin Everton are looking for a way to offload him

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:55pm On Aug 11, 2019
Danielnino00:

He was rather strolling than running, and rightly got hauled off before the first 45minutes. That man isnt nothing less than 36 now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:58pm On Aug 11, 2019
Eartquake1:

Are you serious grin Everton are looking for a way to offload him

But he hasnt done badly

38 games and 9 goals and mostly as a sub

They just got golden boy moise kean so they should be creating space
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2019
Emem Eduok scored a beauty 1:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ro-auzKucg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2019
I want to see how it's related to Nigerian players. If wasn't, that's the reason for my confusion
Eartquake1:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2019
Taliban:

He never got a red card in a world Cup game for nigeria.

you sure?
Who then collect a redcard under Berti Vogts during 2010 worldcup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Emem Eduok scored a beauty 1:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ro-auzKucg

His mate went to aston villa ooo but e go croatia

And the guy was not better than him in turkey self, i will rate them the same

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2019
do4luv14:

you sure?
Who then collect a redcard under Berti Vogts during 2010 worldcup

Sani Karateman Keita
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
Danielnino00:
premier league

Wilfred Ndidi -Leicester city (regular)

Kelechi Iheanacho- Leicester city(unlikely to be regular)

Alex Iwobi- Everton (most likely regular)

Isaac Success- Watford (unlikely regular)

Tom Dele-Bashiru- Watford (unlikely regular)

Nnamdi Oforboh - Bournemouth (in like regular)

Leon Balogun- Brighton (unlikely regular)

laliga

Samuel Chukwueze- Villarreal (regular)

Ramon Azeez - Granada (likely regular)

Moses Simon - Levante (occasionally regular)

Kenneth Omeruo- Leganes (most likely regular)

Serie A

William Ekong - Udinese (regular)

Ola Aina - Torino (regular)

Budensliga

Jamilu Collins - Paderborn (regular)

Ademola Lookman- RB Leipzig (most likely regular)

Ligue1

Victor Osimhen -Lille (regular)

Samuel Kalu (Bordeaux (regular)

Henry Onyekuru- Monaco (pending)

See squad... .. cheesy ..All of them are decent players at their club.. not world class but certainly not below average (most of them)

Gernot Rohr, we don't want stories in 2021

You have to have some sort of unit of measurement to determine average or top players.

For instance you may not be the highest goal scorer in the EPL with 10 goals for instance but be classed as average or even below.

However, that same below average EPL player then goes to a lower European league and in that league becomes Messi all things being equal.

Another example is having a huge transfer fee on your head is indicative not conclusive of quality. Maguire has just gone to Manchester United for ridiculous money. Is he the best defender in the world not to me. Is he in the top 10 in the world still very debatable.

What l am saying essentially is ITS VERY DIFFICULT that's why football is so exciting. Because nobody can get it RIGHT all the time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2019
komekn:

You have to have some sort of unit of measurement to determine average or top players.

For instance you may not be the highest goal scorer in the EPL with 10 goals for instance but be classed as average or even below.

However, that same below average EPL player then goes to a lower European league and in that league becomes Messi all things being equal.

Another example is having a huge transfer fee on your head is indicative not conclusive of quality. Maguire has just gone to Manchester United for ridiculous money. Is he the best defender in the world not to me. Is he in the top 10 in the world still very debatable.

What l am saying essentially is ITS VERY DIFFICULT that's why football is so exciting. Because nobody can get it RIGHT all the time.

At the bolded

Not debatable self, he is not
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2019
Joebie:
I want to see how it's related to Nigerian players. If wasn't, that's the reason for my confusion

Na wa o, I'm just rating leagues
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2019
forgiveness:

Okay na. Na true you talk. But they are not better than Giroud if we go by these.
Dem dey play the same position? Compare Giroud with Suarez.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2019
andrew444:

But he hasnt done badly

38 games and 9 goals and mostly as a sub

They just got golden boy moise kean so they should be creating space

I think he scored a hat trick in one match, that means he scored 6 goals in the remaining 36 games very awful
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2019
Eartquake1:

I think he scored a hat trick in one match, that means he scored 6 goals in the remaining 36 games very awful

Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2019
Danielnino00:

My brother...u sabi abeg...It's not rocket science!! Attacking midfielders aren't the only source of creativity in a team!! Imagine if Klopp was using Rohr's style at Liverpool ...making Salah and Mane do defensive work on the flank alongside Trent and Robertson grin
Rohr needs somebody to knock some idea of how modern day football work into him..we aren't in the 1990s any more...this culture of conservative football he is introducing to the super eagles isn't what we are used to...The super eagles didn't become a feared team in Africa by playing conservative football!!

We say no to conservative football!!!
I tell you man. I just hope when he gathers all these young talents for us - Pinnick or whomever is NFF chairman by 2022 replaces him with a coach that plays expansive football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2019
Danielnino00:

The SE just rather got serious and focused.... Dem go get sense by force.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2019
ChrisKels:

This man 28? Hmmm nawa oo

Did he bulk up or is this just plain lack of fitness??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2019
edi287:

I agree. He and Eze should get a run or Rohr can simply switch to a 4-3-3 with the options we have outwide.
If he can just.... sometimes i miss his 352 formation. But Local Man cannot Can o.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6845) (6846) (6847) (6848) (6849) (6850) (6851) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lovewins and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.