Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,546 members, 7,929,772 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 10:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12313213 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7141) (7142) (7143) (7144) (7145) (7146) (7147) ... (16538) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 9:38am On Sep 20, 2019
When Iwobi was playing for England

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:42am On Sep 20, 2019
jihday:
You can't judge from the scoreline, what if Akwa didn't use their regulars

Ideally, a top professional side should not be losing to an academy whether regulars or B team.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

So you were in Ikot Ekpene? You won't report that this team has played a match every day of the week. Free your mind from hate jor

Na him go come make an academy team beat them?
Why even organize the friendly in the first place when u know the team had a very busy schedule?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:47am On Sep 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

So you were in Ikot Ekpene? You won't report that this team has played a match every day of the week. Free your mind from hate jor
So, because they have played a match everyday of the week, they should not have shot on target against teenagers?

Is it not human beings that go to work every day of the week and still put in decent shifts? Are we making excuses for failure?

The day I see you accept criticism of an NPFL team on this thread, I will enter Iheanacho's DMs and give him a piece of my mind as regards what his career has become.

Everytime, you have one excuse or the other to make. They've been playing the whole week, they did not use their main team, the bus arrived late, they're sexually frustrated, Boko Haram kidnapped their coach.

A team can never make progress, when their supposed fans can only make excuses for them. Nobody will care if they haven't kicked a ball all year, when an actual competition surfaces.

And na from morning pesin go know as him day go be, so, it isn't just pre-season.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:49am On Sep 20, 2019
tbaba1234:

Ideally, a top professional side should not be losing to an academy whether regulars or B team.
Imagine Manchester United's U-23 losing to an Academy. Na to remove the entire players in the U-23 and replace them with Academy kids.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 9:58am On Sep 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Who gives a sh*t? It was a preseason game. They have been playing matches every day.
What was their previous results in pre season games against academy teams since they have been playing everyday?
I want to know if this result was in isolation or regular occurrence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:00am On Sep 20, 2019
safarigirl:
Imagine Manchester United's U-23 losing to an Academy. Na to remove the entire players in the U-23 and replace them with Academy kids.

This is not a one-off.

Manu 2013 under 17 side outplayed Enyimba and Kano pillars just a year after the world cup. Why do we have a professional league if they can not beat kids?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2019
tbaba1234:

This is not a one-off.

Manu 2013 under 17 side outplayed Enyimba and Kano pillars just a year after the world cup. Why do we have a professional league if they can not beat kids?

You dey mind them . Always making excuse for a failed league. No wonder Academy players in Nigeria now has a higher chance of getting deals in good clubs abroad than the so called professional league players when reverse should have been the case if the NPFL teams and leagues are properly managed.

Scouts are not even looking at those yeye NPFL teams for players again, they are now getting players from the Academies.
What am I even saying sef, even the NPFl teams rent/loan players from Academies sef grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:04am On Sep 20, 2019
komekn:

Most people did not rate Aribo in fact dismissed hin with abuse. He also was way down the pecking order.

Now they have all done u turns, why because he performed way beyond all expectations. We are now saying he can contend with any of our midfielders including Ndidi. It was not because there was no CM in the SE.

Without opportunity you can not perfom, so l don't think anyone can conclude that any of the existing wingers are better than him comprehensively. Until he gets opportunity to play in the SE and is tested.

This is rubbish. Show where anyone abused Aribo and labelled him as one that will bring nothing to the team.

You cannot help but keep lying because your whole talking is built on the layers of lies.... how do you even live with yourself? Lying must be so ingrained into your DNA no thanks to the job you do. Biko when did we make u-turns? Show us as well... I recall some of us here even saw Aribo as one who could bring something different to the Super Eagles when Charlesemeka85 kept talking about it... some of us watched him and cited his left-footedness as one that could be of fine advantage and give our midfield a new way of transiting plays.

@final bolded.... man you are so bloody funny. So until he is tested we cannot see his quality abi. Wasn't Aribo already showing his quality for Rangers in UEL football and bossing the SPL before we called him up? We saw that this lad could indeed bring something and it would only be a matter of time before he is called up and gbam!!! Rohr shocked everyone by calling him up for the last international break.
So tell me what Ojo has shown to warrant a call-up ahead of any other wingers we have got? Even Bonaventure that got called up from Belgium has been better than Ojo this season so far.

The national team is not a testing ground for talents.... you must prove yourself before you get there. Is it not what you always say when you kept flogging the likes of K.Nwakali and Osimhen wondering what they did before they got called up? But now you can see K.Nwakali is integral to the U-23 team and Osimhen is now out top striker and deservedly so.

So you want to tell me after watching Ojo, Kalu, Musa, Lookman (a prospect), Chukwueze, Onyekuru and Simon... it is hard for you to say if Ojo is better or below any of these guys??

So it is until he is seen in the GWG that we can tell if he on a level higher than Chuks? Or higher than Kalu? Or even Musa?? Hahahahahahahaha... your clownishness is unending indeed...

Look man.. a real bonafide clown will be launched in cinemas on October 4 okay... so don't think you can compete with that. You really try so hard to be a clown.... lol

Aribo is not and was never in same scenario as Ojo. Aribo showed something beautiful that got Rohr’s attention... just like Peter Olayinka showed against Inter milan. Aribo came into a position that needed personnel and now he will make it his own.... but Ojo will be up against some of the best young wingers in Europe right now in Chukwueze (rated among La liga's finest youngsters) and Kalu (rated the best dribbler in Europe top five leagues now) and he hasn't shown anything that suggests so far that he can displace any of them.

So Komekn stop your disgusting evasive plays with truth... you have also shown nothing to suggest that you can compete with the Joker... even though you try so hard.. hahahahahahaha

Ojo right now got nothing on our wingers... and this guy below is leagues above Ojo abeg...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:21am On Sep 20, 2019
komekn:

Why should l he was having an abysmal season and played rubbish in France.

So there was nothing to say then now there is , you talk about players in form not failing and doing nothing.

But he is now. Bit confusing he has been consistently above average in the Championship with Fulham Wolves and a few other clubs goes to France and he just flopped.

I am also disappointed with Maja expected him to take his form from league one to the French league. But he has not been so impressive. Unlike Osimhen who has kicked off what he started at the Belguim league.

Admittedly it's early days yet let's see how things progress.

Andrew, Chris, Junnyjake and Daniel caught you in your display of disgusting evasion of truth.

You and hypocrisy are brothers from the same gene.

The bolded labels you as the biggest hypocrite and liar there is and probably will ever be on this thread and beyond.... thy lying Kingdom come oh great Komekn... grin

What about when you invested weeks and months berating an Osimhen that was struggling with injuries and fitness at Wolfsburg in Germany and in trials with Brugges and Waregem with you doing all your best to label him a bang average talent whose exploit and class ends at U-17 level... chaaaiii....

Or when you kept berating Iheanacho... a lad who has done even better than what Tammy is doing right now and with limited time. You never berated Tammy for failing in the EPL but you berated Nacho once he hit a low patch forgetting he rivalled the best in the game at some point while at Mancity in terms of goals per mins ratio... You said it was because he was at a big club surrounded by big stars... but you are not saying same lyrics for Tammy who is at a big side at Chelsea surrounded by big stars too... Smh.... thy hypocrisy is indeed legendary.... but thy clownishness still dey learn work for wia Joker dey... loolll...

Or when you berated K.Nwakali and talked about him even more than you mentioned Ebere Eze who we were trying to focus on more... Chaaiii.... this man... Smh. ..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2019
safarigirl:
So, because they have played a match everyday of the week, they should not have shot on target against teenagers?

Is it not human beings that go to work every day of the week and still put in decent shifts? Are we making excuses for failure?

The day I see you accept criticism of an NPFL team on this thread, I will enter Iheanacho's DMs and give him a piece of my mind as regards what his career has become.

Everytime, you have one excuse or the other to make. They've been playing the whole week, they did not use their main team, the bus arrived late, they're sexually frustrated, Boko Haram kidnapped their coach.

A team can never make progress, when their supposed fans can only make excuses for them. Nobody will care if they haven't kicked a ball all year, when an actual competition surfaces.

And na from morning pesin go know as him day go be, so, it isn't just pre-season.

I guess you missed that I have made numerous complaints about this same Akwa united and their management. If making excuses mean's not following the crowd and also using my own brain to think then call me Mr Excuse Maker. Where in the world do u see teams playing matches every day? Be like u just want to argue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2019
Icon4s:

Na him go come make an academy team beat them?
Why even organize the friendly in the first place when u know the team had a very busy schedule?

The team's name is diamond academy but we are not talking about toddlers here.

Btw same team Samu and Nwakali came from

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:39am On Sep 20, 2019
We should stop this childish attitude of it is either this or that. You don't have to lock your self up in one state of mind. Be ready to support Nigeria as a whole and not just one set of players. This is how grown men will be fighting over Wiz kid and Davido.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:50am On Sep 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

The team's name is diamond academy but we are not talking about toddlers here.

Btw same team Samu and Nwakali came from

What does it matter if Chukwueze and Nwakali came from there?

GBS academy produced Simon Moses and Samuel Kalu, Should NPFL teams lose to them too?

One team is an amateur side.

The other is supposed to be playing at the highest level of professional football in the country..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:53am On Sep 20, 2019
tbaba1234:

What does it matter if Chukwueze and Nwakali came from there?

GBS academy produced Simon Moses and Samuel Kalu, Should NPFL teams lose to them too?

One team is an amateur side. They do not have to be toddlers.

The other is supposed to be playing in the highest level of professional football in the country..

Nonsense. So Premier league clubs don't lose to non league sides in the FA cup? Joker

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:56am On Sep 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I guess you missed that I have made numerous complaints about this same Akwa united and their management. If making excuses mean's not following the crowd and also using my own brain to think then call me Mr Excuse Maker. Where in the world do u see teams playing matches every day? Be like u just want to argue

Okay, Mr. Excuse Maker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:58am On Sep 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Nonsense. So Premier league clubs don't lose to non league sides in the FA cup? Joker

How often does that happen?? And those are considered major shocks.

It is not the first time, NPFL sides are given the runabout by kids..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
tbaba1234:

How often does that happen?? And those are considered major shocks.

It is not the first time, NPFL sides are given the runabout by kids..

It happens almost every season champ and those are organized matches not friendlies.

Football is about ability and determination, not about age so i don't think you are making a point.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
safarigirl:

Okay, Mr. Excuse Maker

cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2019
tbaba1234:

This is not a one-off.

Under 20 ... Prior to under under 20 world cup...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2019
soetanoreoluwa:

Under 20 ... Prior to under under 20 world cup...

It was basically the same players that played under 17, a year before..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
tbaba1234:

It was basically the same players that played under 17, a year before..

Yes I know just want to correct it... They were promoted to under 20 and played super cup at Abuja... With under 23 coached by siasia and other 6 NPFL teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2019
ChrisKels:

But Etafia and Ikeme of 2008 follow for the depth wey u say na die nah grin

Enyeama was overly erratic until 2010 worldcup. His heroics against Argentina changed everything about how fans viewed him, and that was majorly what informed Lille's decision to sign him. So Enyeama wasn't really that special, neither was ejide nor Aiyenugba.

Bros I would play Ndidi ahead of Mikel in the defensive midfield position, and shift Mikel to the CM in place of Obodo, who could only play once for Udinese in the season in question, and a total number of 78games from 2005 - 2012. Infact Obodo of 2008 wouldn't make Eagles bench today. Hence, in that midfield, only Mikel can break in to give us an Ndidi DM, Mikel CM and Iwobi AM set up.

The bolded is not true, try check Enyeama At 2006 nation cup especially his heroic performance against Tunisia in semi final... Enyeama has been outstanding even scored over 12 goals at his Israel clubs during that year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
andrew444:

If Na naija brought up player no do well for Reims I know wetin you go don yarn ,Bt base on say seyi ojo Na English brought up you go just lock up ,I am sure you will even rate the championship more than ligue 1

Komekn the CEO of double standard limited

Football is a short term career it's not long term.

All assessments will be about the HERE & NOW that is to say Current Form. It's possible form may change but until it does you should be forgotten. You are not in consideration it's simplistic.

What is double standard and bigotry is too talk about players who aren't performing based on past exploits.

For instance l haven't talked about Onyedinma for nearly two years ➕ plus. Because he is no longer perfoming it's possible he still has it. But that must be proven on the field of play not in your biased mind.

However, l talk about Tomori a lot more now since last season when he destroyed the Championship. I don't talk about Tega Onomah currently and even Chuks Aneke because they aren't being outstanding currently the may do with time.

I talk about Osimhen because he has performed but did not when he was doing nothing at Wolfsburg.

Now if that's your idea of double standard then Eéeeeeee be like say there is no light in your village and your too use too darkness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
tbaba1234:

Quite a few years ago l was involved with a private academy.

We played Stoke Fc U18 we beat them playing on the deck technical football. We also played several other academies and we beat them.

Incidentally the team was about 90% black and after a while no professional football academy would play us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
komekn:

Quite a few years ago l was involved with a private academy.

We played Stoke Fc U18 we beat them playing on the deck technical football. We also played several other academies and we beat them.

Incidentally the team was about 90% black and after a while no professional football academy would play us.

Those are 2 under 18 sides..

I am talking about an under 20 amateur side beating a premier league side. Different levels.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:56pm On Sep 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Don't recall any EPL side loosing to a non league side.

I want to presume you are talking about lower league sides league one and two, etc and not non league semi professional sides.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2019
tbaba1234:

Those are 2 under 18 sides..

I am talking about an under 20 amateur side beating a premier league side. Different levels.

In the NPFL ❓ that should not be happening.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2019
Starboytwo:
If he can't dribble or do that thing kalu did to that two Ukrainian defenders, then we don't want him...

There was this Ghanaian player that played for Arsenal was a bag of tricks skill highly entertaining but end product limited. He did not go far as a result.

Look at Raheem, Gabriel and Sana do you see them dribbling up and down its almost always quick pass interchange and movement at top speed and pinpoint delivery.

You can see that Mahrez had stopped all his Shakara football and dribbling for effective end product. Otherwise he will build house on the bench.

Just like Bolasie lots of trickery but not matched with end product.

How many goals and assists has Kalu got this season and or last season. That's the main koko, end product.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
komekn:

Don't recall any EPL side loosing to a non league side.

I want to presume you are talking about lower league sides league one and two, etc and not non league semi professional sides.

I don't recall asking you grin joking ooo

But seriously Lincoln city defeated Burnley a couple seasons ago.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
Danielnino00:

That guy isn't serious.. When his boys are not performing, he is either quiet about it or cooking up all sort of excuse..
Ojo is a decent player... being a Liverpool fan I've watched him well enough.. but he isn't better than the wingers we have for now. I'd say we give him till January....

First of all l don't have any boys.

That's a very large blanket statement but you don't support it with anything. Statistics style of play unique attributes, etc.

Just he's not better than any of our wingers we may up too 5/6 or more wingers. But he's not better than any of them.

That's a very informative and convincing approach to discussions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2019
komekn:

First of all l don't have any boys.

That's a very large blanket statement but you don't support it with anything. Statistics style of play unique attributes, etc.

Just he's not better than any of our wingers we may up too 5/6 or more wingers. But he's not better than any of them.

That's a very informative and convincing approach to discussions.

So what are u rambling on about?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7141) (7142) (7143) (7144) (7145) (7146) (7147) ... (16538) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bannedlargejr, BascoVanVeli(m), lbrichman2 and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.