Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,877 members, 7,895,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 06:16 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12120406 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7381) (7382) (7383) (7384) (7385) (7386) (7387) ... (16449) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:21pm On Oct 16, 2019
Nigeria v Germany: Could this be among our next games in the coming months?

The NFF will continue to push for a friendly against Germany in coming months after seeing their request politely turned down by the European side's FA few days ago.

Courtesy: Sporting Life NG

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
FIFA to pay Uzoho's wages for Six Months

FIFA will step in to pay Francis Uzoho wages throughout his six-month injury term.

The GK suffered a fracture of the ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) & meniscus of his knee while in action for Nigeria against Brazil in an international friendly recognised by FIFA, and is thus eligible for the compensation policy put up by FIFA to protect clubs who lose players on FIFA Grade A international duty.

15 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CoolJulian: 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

From a commenter on quora on the question if Mariah Carey is Black.

In America she would be classified as “Black “ but if you look at her without knowing her history then you would think she's white.

It's a complicated but personally coming from a mixed family myself being mixed Indian and white even though I look more white than Indian I would still say Im Indian so I guess Mariah considers herself black.

it was the write-up by columnist, Kelvin Mackenzie, which caused the most uproar as he compared Barkley to a “gorilla at the zoo”.

Anderson hinted that Mackenzie was fully aware of Barkley’s Nigerian roots, which could explain the racist taunt.

From an article of a racist abuse of Ross Barkley.

Growing up watching lots of Black entertainment news and shows, I have always known the mixed raced guys were not exempted from racial abuse or seen as black.

Even though Barkley is mixed, especially to the racists, he is black in their eyes.

Even in Britain, Barkley is seen as white; this includes people who just recently find out about his black ancestry.

The one drop rule was used in the US to keep the white gene pool pure, as blacks were seen as diseased and abnormal. Then, even octoroons, i.e people with just one great grand parent were forced to identify as black, failure to follow this rule attracted severe penalty.

That rule has never been practiced outside of the US, so i wonder where some non-Americans are learning from. Besides, these days, a lot of Black Americans do not believe in it; they're always so quick to point out anyone who looks very white, but claim to be black...there, half black/half white people are mostly still seen as black, though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
Maduka on opportunity to be Eagles' No.1 and Uzoho's injury

“I’m ready to be chosen. I showed a bit of my readiness when I was called upon and it was really a happy moment for me."

“I felt the pain of my brother Francis when he sustained that injury. It must have been very painful. I wish him a speedy recovery and I will miss him."

Source: AOIFootball

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
fabyom:

����
It's 25 dollars here oo.
I need to learn barbing via YouTube oo.

Just shave everything off, no shaping. Gorimapa style straight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2019
CoolJulian:

Even in Britain, Barkley is seen as white; this includes people who just recently find out about his black ancestry.

The one drop rule was used in the US to keep the white gene pool pure, as blacks were seen as diseased and abnormal. Then, even octoroons, i.e people with just one great grand parent were forced to identify as black, failure to follow this rule attracted severe penalty.

That rule has never been practiced outside of the US, so i wonder where some non-Americans are learning from. Besides, these days, a lot of Black Americans do not believe in it; they're always so quick to point out anyone who looks very white, but claim to be black...there, half black/half white people are mostly still seen as black, though.

it was the write-up by columnist, Kelvin Mackenzie, which caused the most uproar as he compared Barkley to a “gorilla at the zoo”.

Anderson hinted that Mackenzie was fully aware of Barkley’s Nigerian roots, which could explain the racist taunt.

Did you read this at all? Was this in America? Na wa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

“I’m ready to be chosen. I showed a bit of my readiness when I was called upon and it was really a happy moment for me."

“I felt the pain of my brother Francis when he sustained that injury. It must have been very painful. I wish him a speedy recovery and I will miss him."

I liked what I saw. Looks a potential to make a quality Super Eagles goalkeeper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CoolJulian: 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2019
safarigirl:
I don't think the Bulgarians saw anyone in that English team as one of them.

Racists abhor people of their race who mix up with others, just as much as they abhor the other races, sometimes even more.

So true...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
We could play Denmark or Chile or Japan

It must not be Germany, I would like to see us against a hardworking Japanese team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 3:30pm On Oct 16, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

See resemblance sha

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CoolJulian: 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Did you read this at all? Was this in America? Na wa.

He totally denied that that was what he meant, saying Barkley even looked 'whiter' than him, he also denied that he had any idea of Barkley's black ancestry.

What makes you so convinced that Anderson was sure of what he said?... I am very sure of this: British people generally see Barkley and people of like ancestry, who also just look white, example Ryan Giggs, as white. This might not include some family members whose mixed features are apparent.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CoolJulian: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2019
Eartquake1:

It must not be Germany, I would like to see us against a hardworking Japanese team

Playing any of such teams would not be a bad idea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CoolJulian: 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2019
[quote author=TheSuperNerd post=83190926] FIFA to pay Uzoho's wages for Six Months

FIFA will step in to pay Francis Uzoho wages throughout his six-month injury term.

The GK suffered a fracture of the ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) & meniscus of his knee while in action for Nigeria against Brazil in an international friendly recognised by FIFA, and is thus eligible for the compensation policy put up by FIFA to protect clubs who lose players on FIFA Grade A international duty.[Quote]

Nice!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Worst of all was people they consider blacks on the field. Definitely, those Bulgarians do not consider Ross Barkley white.

Maybe they consider him an abomination. Not black, not white.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

The GK suffered a fracture of the ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) & meniscus of his knee while in action for Nigeria against Brazil in an international friendly recognised by FIFA, and is thus eligible for the compensation policy put up by FIFA to protect clubs who lose players on FIFA Grade A international duty.

I so love this news bro

But if i may ask does fifa pay players wages that was injured during the international break? lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:55pm On Oct 16, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

See as maduka and richarlison resemble
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2019
Eartquake1:

All the teams you just mentioned are very good teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2019
peterd53:

See resemblance sha

Wow, i quoted him before i saw yours and i was thinking i was the only one who tought so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:58pm On Oct 16, 2019
Humility017:

I tell you...especially when you're privileged to work in places like TOTAL E&P, NLNG etc...

the salary and job benefits for a GT from this place... is more than the average turn over for most Nigeria business...let alone a manager....

someone like Bab omotowa who rose from being a management trainee at NLNG to being the global vice president shell @ Netherlands now.... just don't wanna imagine his salary...

Well, some people are not just well informed.

Besides, both compliment each other. Abi, an entrepreneur no go employe and pay person salary?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:07pm On Oct 16, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

How is the bolded anatomically possible? If one can fracture his ACL, then, the ulna can as well be ruptured
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2019
CoolJulian:

He totally denied that that was what he meant, saying Barkley even looked 'whiter' than him, he also denied that he had any idea of Barkley's black ancestry.

What makes you so convinced that Anderson was so sure of what he said?... I am very sure of this: British people generally see Barkley and people of like ancestry, who also just look white, example Ryan Giggs, as white. This might not include some family members whose mixed features are apparent.

Yeah. You expect to come out and say he aware he was taunting Barkley racially.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2019
The Germans re scared, they don't want to be disgraced lol
TheSuperNerd:
Nigeria v Germany: Could this be among our next games in the coming months?

The NFF will continue to push for a friendly against Germany in coming months after seeing their request politely turned down by the European side's FA few days ago.

Courtesy: Sporting Life NG

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
safarigirl:

Maybe they consider him an abomination. Not black, not white.

Funny but expensive joke.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2019
charlesemeka85:
The Germans re scared, they don't want to be disgraced lol

u are not alone on this bro. Dey are scared we might crash their FIFA ranking with a win grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
Just watching CNN now

Trump is a bloody kid grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

This is in respect to racism. Keep in mind in the past, the white racists did not want their kids whether boy or girl having children with the Africans.

So a child from a mixed breed would be considered a n***r child. That is the same thing playing out. It is the black in them that carries the term.

u are right. During apartheid in South Africa, coloured people were considered illegitimate .. because sexual relationships between whites and blacks were prohibited ..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Funny but expensive joke.

Man doesn't even have lips undecided

Definitely white. There is not one traditional nigger joke you can make with him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

FIFA will soon beg Brazil to stop calling Neymar for international duties grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
Danielnino00:

u are right. During apartheid in South Africa, coloured people were considered illegitimate .. because sexual relationships between whites and blacks were prohibited ..
that's why they are called coloreds, not white, not black.

Trevor Noah said this during one of his sets. In SA, he wouldn't be called black or white.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2019
peterd53:

See resemblance sha
shebi I talk am before
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Danielnino00:

FIFA will soon beg Brazil to stop calling Neymar for international duties grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2019
Trump on why he pulled US troops out of Syria and left Kurds at the mercy of Turkey

"The war was costing us 8 trillion dollars and China was going to be the most powerful country in the world

So I had to pull out from the war, And US is still the most powerful country in the world bigger than China . And China will not come close"

*facepalm*

(1) (2) (3) ... (7381) (7382) (7383) (7384) (7385) (7386) (7387) ... (16449) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Lawag3 and 29 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.