Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,744 members, 7,895,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:32 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12119324 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7385) (7386) (7387) (7388) (7389) (7390) (7391) ... (16448) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CoolJulian: 12:19am On Oct 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I don't think that is actually a real rule ooo but that's just how things are. The whites will never claim you so you are technically stuck with being black.

Still if you don't want to be considered black no one will stop you. I consider Tiger Woods to be a black man but he has claimed he is not and everybody left it at that. This is why black people didn't fully stand with him when he had his troubles.

It's not as simple as that...The one drop rule is not popular as it used to be in the past. As I've already stated, it only applied in the US, where in this day, a lot of people care not about it; you are perceived and treated as you look, unless you object to it.

That is why white people never care about addressing and treating people like Wentworth Miller(he also has a black granddad) as black, Carol Channing is another example, In fact, people had no idea these people were part black until they revealed it themselves, they get white privilege as well, act solely white characters, etc.

Lest i forget, some of these white-passing people claim being black either to draw support from black people or in solidarity with other family members who've been discriminated against because they are not white-passing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba12345: 12:23am On Oct 17, 2019
Eartquake1:

Turkey, that's poor

The boy just needs to play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 17, 2019
tbaba12345:

The boy just needs to play.

Making it up to the big leagues from Turkey is very hard, I would have preferred France or even Belgium
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:47am On Oct 17, 2019
Besiktas in Turkey. Won't be so bad if they really want him and if it pulls through. Nacho needs to be playing again.

charlesemeka85:

Erdal Torunogullari, who is Besiktas presidential candidate's close ally, has promised to sign Leicester City's Kelechi Iheanacho if Ahmet Nur Cebi is elected.

According to Fotospor, Iheanacho has been sounded out about joining the Istanbul club following talks between Torunogullari and the striker's representative.

It is claimed that the Nigeria international could be joining Besiktas on an initial 18-month loan deal if negotiations are successful.

His first team opportunities have been limited under managers Craig Shakespeare, Claude Puel and Brendan Rodgers, with only 16 starts in the Premier League from a possible 84 since his transfer from Manchester City in August 2017.

Iheanacho is struggling to gain playing time due to the presence of Jamie Vardy and Ayoze Perez, and a move away from the King Power Stadium when the transfer window reopens would be the sensible thing to do.

The 23-year-old's only appearance for the Foxes this season came against Luton Town in the third round of the League Cup.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CoolJulian: 1:06am On Oct 17, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Erdal Torunogullari, who is Besiktas presidential candidate's close ally, has promised to sign Leicester City's Kelechi Iheanacho if Ahmet Nur Cebi is elected.

According to Fotospor, Iheanacho has been sounded out about joining the Istanbul club following talks between Torunogullari and the striker's representative.

It is claimed that the Nigeria international could be joining Besiktas on an initial 18-month loan deal if negotiations are successful.

His first team opportunities have been limited under managers Craig Shakespeare, Claude Puel and Brendan Rodgers, with only 16 starts in the Premier League from a possible 84 since his transfer from Manchester City in August 2017.

Iheanacho is struggling to gain playing time due to the presence of Jamie Vardy and Ayoze Perez, and a move away from the King Power Stadium when the transfer window reopens would be the sensible thing to do.

The 23-year-old's only appearance for the Foxes this season came against Luton Town in the third round of the League Cup.

Iheanacho really needs to play, but my problem is, how easy would it be for him to move up to higher leagues later, if he eventually goes there? It could turn out to be detrimental to his young career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:10am On Oct 17, 2019
It seems he will move on loan
CoolJulian:

Iheanacho really needs to play, but my problem is, how easy would it be for him to move up to higher leagues later, if he eventually goes there? It could turn out to be detrimental to his young career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:18am On Oct 17, 2019
charlesemeka85:
It seems he will move on loan

So @ last my man zubby can b invited now... grin grin...u won't av any reason to tackle my zubby again since nacho might likely go dere grin

Meanwhile its a gud move, if it sails thru,he needs to start kicking d ball again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 6:03am On Oct 17, 2019
Tosin stil romancing us!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:49am On Oct 17, 2019
Zuby ko! Our midfield is getting better with the inclusion of Azeez and Aribo. Also the possible inclusion of ejaria and Eze will thicken things up in that position so ur zubby needs to do more to get a look in.

Meanwhile I saw a video clip of barca bound Karim adeyemi. Kid is super talented and similar to samuel chukwueze.

Very skillful and pacey coupled with a sweet left foot and eye for goal. He currently plays for German U17s for liefering in the Austrian 2nd tier.

This is no hype but kid is super talented.

elyte89:

So @ last my man zubby can b invited now... grin grin...u won't av any reason to tackle my zubby again since nacho might likely go dere grin

Meanwhile its a gud move, if it sails thru,he needs to start kicking d ball again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:28am On Oct 17, 2019
Stewart predicts tough times for Aribo at Rangers
punchng.com Oct 17, 2019 2:41 AM

Aribo
Ebenezer Bajela

Former Scotland international Michael Stewart believes Joe Aribo will have a hard time reclaiming his spot at Glasgow Rangers, claiming the squad looks settled.

Aribo joined the Gers this season from Charlton Athletic, and has gone on to make 16 competitive appearances, scoring four goals.

But he missed the last three games due to a head injury he sustained a fortnight ago.

He shrugged off the injury and found the back of the net in his second start for the Super Eagles against Brazil on Sunday.

“Well, it is not going to be easy,” Stewart said on the Ladbrokes Social Club.

“Obviously, Rangers are going great guns at the moment and they have got a good balance in that area of the park.

“There is no doubt that he is a good addition to the Rangers squad.

“To go and score against Brazil is massive (for him).”Steven Gerrard’s team are top of the Scottish Premiership with 21 points after eight games, two points clear of fierce city rivals, Celtic.

https://punchng.com/stewart-predicts-tough-times-for-aribo-at-rangers/

They take a trip to ninth-placed Hearts this Sunday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:32am On Oct 17, 2019
Hard To Drop Semi Ajayi Now – Rohr Settles For Ajayi And Ekong As First Choice Central Defence Pairing

Coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr appears to have settled for the duo of William Troost-Ekong and Semi Ajayi as his first choice pair in central defence ahead of the Super Eagles AFCON 2020 Qualifiers games.

The duo have played in central defence in the Super Eagles last two friendly games and they impressed mightily particularly in the 1-1 draw against Brazil, where they kept the forwards of the five time World Cup winners at bay as their only goal was scored by a midfielder in Casemiro.

Reviewing their performance, Rohr who use to pair Ekong with Leon Balogun few years ago, the partnership that was nicknamed Oyibo Wall now admit that it will be tough to break up the understanding between Ekong and Ajayi even when Kenneth Omeruo who missed the last two games returns.

Omeruo upstaged Balogun and paired Ekong at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations but after missing the Super Eagles friendly against Ukraine due to visa issues and the last one against Brazil due to an injury, the defender is now battling to reclaim his spot.

” The defence did well against Brazil. That’s one area that has improved with Ajayi and Ekong in the last two games. Ajayi has improved tremendously and he is doing well at his club that has helped him in the team. Our next game wil be good to see them play again”, Rohr told Owngoalnigeria.com.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/10/16/hard-to-drop-semi-ajayi-now-rohr-settles-for-ajayi-and-ekong-as-first-choice-central-defence-pairing/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 7:46am On Oct 17, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Zuby ko! Our midfield is getting better with the inclusion of Azeez and Aribo. Also the possible inclusion of ejaria and Eze will thicken things up in that position so ur zubby needs to do more to get a look in.

Meanwhile I saw a video clip of barca bound Karim adeyemi. Kid is super talented and similar to samuel chukwueze.

Very skillful and pacey coupled with a sweet left foot and eye for goal. He currently plays for German U17s for liefering in the Austrian 2nd tier.

Is he really good? I mean Karim Ayedemi? If yes, forget it, we are not getting him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:20am On Oct 17, 2019
jihday:
Chile are no longer the force they used to be

They are still good to play against

I have the feeling that they are stronger than Ukraine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 8:24am On Oct 17, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Papa Aribo drops another one. We will be on the lookout for him. We know you've got a good eye for talents.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 8:26am On Oct 17, 2019
Utonwanne:

Is he really good? I mean Karim Ayedemi? If yes, forget it, we are not getting him.
Why can't we get him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:39am On Oct 17, 2019
Eartquake1:

Making it up to the big leagues from Turkey is very hard, I would have preferred France or even Belgium

Why can’t you say you don’t know players you move to better clubs from Turkey instead of you saying making it to the big league from Turkey is hard

Do you know how many players moved to bundesliga and Seria A from Turkey ?

I don’t think same can be said if the Belgium league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry2(m): 8:40am On Oct 17, 2019
Utonwanne:

He is very good.... according to his clips on youtube, the guy is better than Chukwueze
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CoolJulian: 8:44am On Oct 17, 2019
[quote author=Lucque post=83208416]Tosin stil romancing us! [/quot]

lol...what does he really want to prove?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 17, 2019
andrew444:

Why can’t you say you don’t know players you move to better clubs from Turkey instead of you saying making it to the big league from Turkey is hard

Do you know how many players moved to bundesliga and Seria A from Turkey ?

I don’t think same can be said if the Belgium league

Are you telling me more players make it to the big from Turkey than the other leagues?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:58am On Oct 17, 2019
Eartquake1:

Are you telling me more players make it to the big from Turkey than the other leagues?

As of recently players have moved from turkey to bigger league than belgium

If you want list i can give you few

If nacho joins besiktas its a big move than any move in belgium
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 8:59am On Oct 17, 2019
quickberry2:

He is very good.... according to his clips on youtube, the guy is better than Chukwueze
He is better dan chukwueze??.. make God help us for here make person no faint

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 9:01am On Oct 17, 2019
Lucque:

He is better dan chukwueze??.. make God help us for here make person no faint
Dude is playing against ppl on his level... But u are comparing him to chukwueze dat has faced some of d best defenders in d world... I hail u bros

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 9:09am On Oct 17, 2019
quickberry2:

Delusion

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:18am On Oct 17, 2019
andrew444:

Salif sane won’t start because he playes for schakle or what ,he is not better than what we have ,average at best just as our boys

Gomis is a gk and I said he would start

Sabaly is good in going forward ,he is not better than Aina sorry ,sabaly can’t defend ,he was at Bordeaux bench few times last season
even that of the GK is debatable. imagine the kind of goal he conceded at the final
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:21am On Oct 17, 2019
Eartquake1:

Gueye is a better ball player than Ndidi, Ndidi has problems with possession and passing

Anybody who is denying these two facts is blind or has an agenda
how come he has about 92% passing accuracy vs Brazil
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2019
quickberry2:

Na so Arsenal go buy Pepe grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2019
mostob:
how come he has about 92% passing accuracy vs Brazil

One match stats are a very bad barometer to judge
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2019
andrew444:

As of recently players have moved from turkey to bigger league than belgium

If you want list i can give you few

If nacho joins besiktas its a big move than any move in belgium
If Nacho joins Besiktas it's very likely he will end up in Besiktas

Big clubs hardly scout in Turkey, but if he goes on loan to a French team and impresses big clubs will immediately take notice

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 9:30am On Oct 17, 2019
quickberry2:

Do u mean presently or u re talking about d future?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:30am On Oct 17, 2019
andrew444:

They are still good to play against

I have the feeling that they are stronger than Ukraine
yea..I agreed. They are a good team to play especially when we wanna check the fitness level of our players and how immune they are to intense pressing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:31am On Oct 17, 2019
Eartquake1:

If Nacho joins Besiktas it's very likely he will end up in Besiktas

Big clubs hardly scout in Turkey, but if he goes on loan to a French team and impresses big clubs will immediately take notice

Anyway is a way na. Plus Manchester city have the buy back option so it doesn't matter who is scouting. Remember this club is consistently in Europe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 9:33am On Oct 17, 2019
That goal was a major deflation, it wasn't the keeper's fault, no goalkeeper would catch that ball

mostob:
even that of the GK is debatable. imagine the kind of goal he conceded at the final

(1) (2) (3) ... (7385) (7386) (7387) (7388) (7389) (7390) (7391) ... (16448) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), charlesemeka85(m), codemaniacs and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.