Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,558 members, 7,895,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12116185 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7406) (7407) (7408) (7409) (7410) (7411) (7412) ... (16448) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

The fake news was that Alaba was never asked to bring bribe. Komekn knows it but is just deliberately bringing it up to spread whatever he intends to spread.

However, Alaba wanted to play for us at the u17 level but did not get the nod due to logistics reasons. At the u17 level back then was strictly a grassroot development program and we were not spending extra money to fly in foreign young teens to participate in camping and training.

D goodjoe let's leave komekn and discuss abt nacho....what do u feel abt nacho going to besiktas? cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2019
Chukwueze is on the bench for Villarreal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
elyte89:

D goodjoe let's leave komekn and discuss abt nacho....what do u feel abt nacho going to besiktas? cool

Mixed feelings.

Abdullah Avci who is the current boss of Besiktas is a coach I liked his play when he coached the Turkey U17 in 2005. The same tournament that had the likes of Dos Santos, Vela, Marcelo, Anderson etc.

He played good football then but in his later years, he had a period of parking the bus before joining Besiktas.

I have not yet gotten the brand of football and the chances he creates per game to see if he will create the right atmosphere for Nacho to shine.

Also, I wonder if there is a negotiation for Nacho getting ample playing time.

However, going to Turkey is a very good move. A very good one because it is a league known for players who want to get their career on course. I hope Nacho gets a good run of games and his side plays good offensive football.

Avci, the Besiktas boss has deep understanding of the game but I also read his position is under threat because lacking good results.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Mixed feelings.

Abdullah Avci who is the current boss of Besiktas is a coach I liked his play when he coached the Turkey U17 in 2005. The same tournament that had the likes of Dos Santos, Vela, Marcelo, Anderson etc.

He played good football then but in ho his later years, he had a period of parking the bus before joining Besiktas.

I have not yet gotten the brand of football and the chances he creates per game to see if he will create the right atmosphere for Nacho to shine.

However, going to Turkey is a very good move. A very good one because it is a league known for players who want to get their career on course. I hope Nacho gets a good run of games and his side plays good offensive football.

Avci, the Besiktas boss has deep understanding of the game but I also read his position is under threat because lacking good results.

Is Iheanacho going for another soaking session again grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
Eartquake1:

Is Iheanacho going for another soaking session again grin

My point has been simple. Gain the knowledge and seek playing time. I feel Nacho is ready but he is the best person to know. I hope when he gets his run, he shows us what he has learnt and excel.

Wish him the best but most important is that he needs a run of games in an offensive system. I hope Besiktas offers him that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Mixed feelings.

He played good football then but in ho his later years, he had a period of parking the bus before joining Besiktas.

So in nutshell u support nacho finally going for a loan move and not soaking up knowledge from d "genius" Rodgers...Thank God cool

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

My point has been simple. Gain the knowledge and seek playing time . I feel Nacho is ready but he is the person to know. I hope when he gets his run, he shows us what he has learnt and excel.

Wish him the best but most important is that he needs a run of games in an offensive system. I hope Besiktas offers him that.

How did you know he's ready? What was his last match you watched?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:07pm On Oct 20, 2019
Eartquake1:

How did you know he's ready? What was his last match you watched?

I talked about the difference I noticed in one of Nacho's goals where instead of dashing for the crowded space for a player, I think Barnes to pass to him, he dropped deep to receive the ball which was so different from the Nacho I know.

Nacho showing such understanding showed me he was ready. I clearly expressed it here. He is working with some brilliant minds and have gained from them.

I believed Nacho needed an extra year with Guardiola before moving. He will have something close to that with his time with Rodgers. I feel he is okay.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:08pm On Oct 20, 2019
komekn:

You may remember a certain Alaba that plays for Bayern Munich. He wanted to play for Nigeria but was asked for Bribe before invitation and he then walked back to Germany.

I don't know if it's true, but what is incontrovertible to me is there is something. AMISS.

It's not true, Alaba himself refuted it

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

The fake news was that Alaba was never asked to bring bribe. Komekn knows it but is just deliberately bringing it up to spread whatever he intends to spread.

However, Alaba wanted to play for us at the u17 level but did not get the nod due to logistics reasons. At the u17 level back then was strictly a grassroot development program and we were not spending extra money to fly in foreign young teens to participate in camping and training.
Really don't know why you had to put this part, let me also remind you that the U-17 back then was filled with age cheat

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I talked about the difference I noticed in one of Nacho's goals where instead of dashing for the crowded space for a player, I think Barnes to pass to him, he dropped deep to receive the ball which was so different from the Nacho I know.

Nacho showing such understanding showed me he was ready. I clearly expressed it here. He is working with some brilliant minds and have gained from them.

I believed Nacho needed an extra year with Guardiola before moving. He will have something close to that with his time with Rodgers. I feel he is okay.

Wow

Let's hope you don't start complaining about Besiktas and how Iheanacho should move to Johann Cruyyf's grave for more soaking

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

This is Otamendi's 4th year with Guardiola and he still plays like a bum
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2019
Eartquake1:

I never said Nacho should know it all but gain enough knowledge to make good impact when he is playing. As for Otamendi, he might have faced some challenges but no doubt in his massive improvement, especially in his ball playing under Guardiola.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I never said Nacho should know it all but gain enough knowledge to make good impact when he is playing. As for Otamendi, he might have faced some challenges but no doubt in his massive improvement, especially in his ball playing under Guardiola.

Mtweew

I'm done talking with you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2019
Eartquake1:

Wow

Let's hope you don't start complaining about Besiktas and how Iheanacho should move to Johann Cruyyf's grave for more soaking

I can not see the contribution in this.

First of all the deal is not final.

Second of all, I have already stated it clearly that a lot relies on the team playing in an offensive system. That I am yet to know.

Finally if there is a problem, it should get pointed out. I wonder why there is a problem with that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
Eartquake1:

Mtweew

As if I am begging you.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:34pm On Oct 20, 2019
Game still ongoing, but Ekong have the second highest rating in the game

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
Eartquake1:

Otamendi was only bad some part of last season and now

Otamendi was one of the first on pep starting line up during his first 2 seasons and was superb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
jihday:
Game still ongoing, but Ekong have the second highest rating in the game

One of d serie A giants might go for him sooner or later

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:44pm On Oct 20, 2019
Eartquake1:

Mtweew

U and dis am done talking with u

Dts aw u do tell odas too most especially Andrew

Guy,u go dey proud o grin grin grin,dem dey beg u quote ppu grin...guy u funny aswear

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
Jamilu Collins not on matchday squad for Paderborn

Paderborn seem like they are heading for a relegation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
elyte89:

Guy,u go dey proud o grin grin grin,dem dey beg u quote ppu grin...guy u funny aswear

I don't like arguing with delusional people
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
elyte89:

lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2019
Aribo and Sheyi Ojo started for Rangers as they drew 1-1 to Hearts

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2019
[quote author=wayodude post=83304105]
Why would Rohr be worried by the possibility of a better player coming on to displace an incumbent and by doing so improve his results and ratings?

Surely any coach, army general, tradesman etc will want the best tools available to him right?

So if Rohr has overlooked even extending an invite to his guy all through his tenure when he has called up players who were almost totally unknown to the average naija fan like sareren bazee, ebuehi, maduka, semi ajayi and most recently Solomon otabor that should tell you that whilst his selections are largely on merit there are still influences at play. We can call this the 'Nigerian Factor'.

Having said that Eze will be called up if not in the next squad it will be in the following one.

I won't argue with anyone comparing him to Iwobi at this time. Simply not worth it.

[/quote

Kelechi nwakalu is better than eze. He does not have a good agent to get him a good club. It may sound far fetched but that boy needs help as he is very good

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
[quote author=Philosopher1979 post=83309722][/quote]

These are you in the sort of comments you guys make that gives komekn ammunition.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
Samu coming on

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
Eartquake1:
Jamilu Collins not on matchday squad for Paderborn

Paderborn seem like they are heading for a relegation

That's been pretty much obvious from day one of the season.

8 games played 1 draw and 7 losses is very very poor.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
Var wahala
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
komekn:

That's been pretty much obvious from day one of the season.

8 games played 1 draw and 7 losses is very very poor.

Apart from you being realistic here about padeborn being a relegation candidate

Anytime you hear jamilu collins your head go stand

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2019
Eartquake1:
Aribo and Sheyi Ojo started for Rangers as they drew 1-1 to Hearts

Uche Ikpeazu got the MOTM award dude is not the best technically but he is a man mountain that looks like could beat AJ in a boxing match.

I remember him when he was 18 playing for Reading fc U18. He was so big then it was like a man playing with small boys.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7406) (7407) (7408) (7409) (7410) (7411) (7412) ... (16448) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 35 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.