Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12001085 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7589) (7590) (7591) (7592) (7593) (7594) (7595) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:34am On Nov 11, 2019
I saw this some hours back too.

Very bad from the referee. Taison's brazillian teammate, Dentinho was in tears after the referee sent off Taison. Both were shook by this as they left the pitch in tears
The Dynamo fans should face serious bans and the Club should play games behind closed doors for a month or more sef and fined a million dollars or more. These are the kind of heavy punishments you mete out against racist nonsense but it seems racism is not taken seriously at all in football. Very bad for football in Ukraine.

TheGoodJoe:
Racism victim (Taison), gets sent off for reacting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm1oavhXLi0

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:34am On Nov 11, 2019
andrewbaba44:

So if dem dey call player wey become dominant you self go call aghahowa ikedia But you dey question mikel and taiwo, none of those naija player had a better career apart from joseph yobo

Mikel and taiwo where dominant, messi is just a different player bro ok
Well, I might not be wrong after all because IKEDIA and AGHAHOWA never won any major award during their time neither did JOSEPH YOBO

Nor were they even part of the Best 20 players in the tournament

But MIKEL (John Michael Nchekwube Obinna) and TAIYE TAIWO were the second and third Best of the entire Players on parade in 2005 FIFA U 20 WORLD CUP
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:39am On Nov 11, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Racism victim (Taison), gets sent off for reacting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm1oavhXLi0
Very unfortunate but I think the best way to attack racism is turning out a splendid and flawless performance against the agitators.

Nothing would be more loving than that indeed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:51am On Nov 11, 2019
Kbs468:

Well, I might not be wrong after all because IKEDIA and AGHAHOWA never won any major award during their time neither did JOSEPH YOBO

Nor were they even part of the Best 20 players in the tournament

But MIKEL (John Michael Nchekwube Obinna) and TAIYE TAIWO were the second and third Best of the entire Players on parade in 2005 FIFA U 20 WORLD CUP

Joseph yobo had a wonderful Epl career

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:55am On Nov 11, 2019
Kbs468:

You are right though but marginally still because one was expecting him to take over from CLAUDIO MAKHELELE back then at CHELSEA but alas! That wasn't the case as he was only being used sparingly

This is inaccurate, Mikel was not used sparingly. He has 372 caps in 11 years. This is despite being frozen out by conte gor playing in the Olympics.That is not being used sparingly. He was instrumental in the biggest chelsea achievement.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:56am On Nov 11, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles Afcon Qualifiers

Patrick Pascal, Super Eagles Team Coordinator, speaks ahead of this week's Afcon Qualifiers clash vs Benin republic and next Sunday's game vs Lesotho.

The Super Eagles will take on Benin at the Nest Of Champions, Uyo. Yes! We are back to Uyo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4wl_PN1ujM

Hmmmn. AKWA IBOM- Ayaya!

Good one from PATRICK PASCAL.

And that reminds me. Where are PATRICK MANCHA And PATRICK OVIE now?

I remember those days that I usually pray for when the 3 of them would be invited to the SUPER EAGLES at the same time!

I think 2 of them played for my darling 3SC (Shooting Stars)

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 2:01am On Nov 11, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Joseph yobo had a wonderful Epl career
Yes I did acknowledge that earlier accordingly thus forming the basis of MIKEL And TAIWO's criticism for being the 2nd & 3rd Best Players in the whole wide world while not living up to the hype unlike MESSI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:06am On Nov 11, 2019
Kbs468:

Yes I did acknowledge that earlier accordingly thus forming the basis of MIKEL And TAIWO's criticism for being the 2 & 3 Best Players in the whole wide world while not living up to the hype

Bros best player in u20 tournament is rated no where okay, because someone is rated among the best player there you want it to continue in senior football? na messi cause all this comparism

Senior football is the real deal, so forget that one wey you dey talk, because mikel and taiwo came behind messi in the tournament you are taking it to senior football, i am sure if messi is not messi you wont say this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 2:16am On Nov 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

This is inaccurate, Mikel was not used sparingly. He has 372 caps in 11 years. This is despite being frozen out by conte gor playing in the Olympics.That is not being used sparingly. He was instrumental in the biggest chelsea achievement.

Maybe my use of the word sparingly was because I was expecting too much from him because of his status at end of the championship though.

Because for sure, I remember when CHELSEA Fans would always criticize him for his incessant back pass rather than moving forward.

Well, He is not alone in that by the way as the French duo of ANTHONY TALLEC and SINAMA PONGOLLE that defeated NIGERIA in FIFA U 17 finals also became flops

Just like the supposed AUSTIN JJ OKOCHA'S replacement in VICTOR BROWN also became a flop too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 2:23am On Nov 11, 2019
Kbs468:

The comparison wasn't for them to be scoring Goals of course but in their individual positions, One would have expected them to become more dominant like Messi grew up to become

While not forgetting Players of NIGERIA 99 era as well like RONALDINHO, Pius Ikedia, Joseph Yobo, Julius Aghahowa, Stephen Appiah, Seydou Keita, Carlos Kameni, Ashley Cole, Peter crouch, Xavi, Iker Casillas ETC
Andrewbaba44, the above is the reference point and not necessarily because of Whom and What MESSI is ooo.

At least the world also stood up for the guys above too later on after NIGERIA 99

Remember. Only IKEDIA and KEITA were part of the best players even :

1 SEYDOU KEITA

2 PIUS IKEDIA

3 PABLO COUNAGO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:40am On Nov 11, 2019
Kbs468:

Andrewbaba44, the above is the reference point and not necessarily because of Whom and What MESSI is ooo.

At least the world also stood up for the guys above too later on after NIGERIA 99

Remember. Only IKEDIA and KEITA were part of the best players even :

1 SEYDOU KEITA

2 PIUS IKEDIA

3 PABLO COUNAGO

Only Seydou Keita had a world class career in that list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:52am On Nov 11, 2019
Kbs468:

Maybe my use of the word sparingly was because I was expecting too much from him because of his status at end of the championship though.

Because for sure, I remember when CHELSEA Fans would always criticize him for his incessant back pass rather than moving forward.

Well, He is not alone in that by the way as the French duo of ANTHONY TALLEC and SINAMA PONGOLLE that defeated NIGERIA in FIFA U 17 finals also became flops

Just like the supposed AUSTIN JJ OKOCHA'S replacement in VICTOR BROWN also became a flop too.

Mikel Obi is far from a flop though.. He is not in the category of Latallec and Pongolle.

He achieved everything in world football and played an active role in Chelsea's achievements.

Most Nigerians wanted him to develop into an attacking AM but he was developed as a DM and he was a very good one.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 2:56am On Nov 11, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Only Seydou Keita had a world class career in that list
Exactly and those who never got any mentioning went on to even surpassed him talking about ASHLEY COLE, RONALDINHO, STEPHEN APPIAH, IKER CASILLAS, XAVI HERNANDEZ, JOSEPH YOBO ETC

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 2:59am On Nov 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

Mikel Obi is far from a flop though.. He is not in the category of Latallec and Pongolle.

He achieved everything in world football and played an active role in Chelsea's achievements.

Most Nigerians wanted him to develop into an attacking AM but he was developed as a DM and he was a very good one.
Very well

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 3:18am On Nov 11, 2019
IRELAND SQUADS ANNOUNCEMENT : ARSENAL'S OGUNGBO Among Nine Nigeria-Eligible Players Called Up

Published: November 10, 2019

The Football Association of Ireland have announced the rosters for the development squads ahead of forthcoming competitive matches in November, with nine Nigeria-eligible players making the cut.

Republic of Ireland Under-19 Head Coach Tom Mohan has included six Nigeria-eligible players in his squad list for European Championship qualifiers against Switzerland (November 13), Gibraltar (November 16) and Austria (November 19).

Arsenal defender Mazeed Ogungbo is set to add to his international caps at U19 level having made the squad and he's joined by Manchester City duo Gavin Bazunu and Timi Sobowale, Andrew Omobamidele, Festy Ebosele and former Arsenal schoolboy Armstrong Okoflex.

Ireland U17 Head Coach Colin O’Brien has selected two English-based players Tayo Adaramola and Olabosun Lawal in a 20-man group for the EURO qualifiers against Andorra, Montenegro and Israel.

Crystal Palace's Adaramola has been named in an Ireland squad for the first time in his young career.

Norwich City's Adam Idah has been named in the Ireland U21 squad for EURO qualifiers against Armenia and Sweden on November 14 and 19 respectively; Celtic's Jonathan Afolabi misses out through injury.

Nine Nigeria-Eligible Players Called Up By Republic of Ireland include

1) Adam Idah (Norwich City ) - U21
2) Mazeed Ogungbo (Arsenal) - U19
3) Andrew Omobamidele (Norwich City) - U19
4) Timi Sobowale (Manchester City) - U19
5) Festy Ebosele (Derby County) - U19
6) Armstrong Okoflex (Celtic) - U19
7) Gavin Bazunu ( Manchester City) - U19
cool Tayo Adaramola (Crystal Palace) - U17
9) Olabosun Lawal (Watford) - U17

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:35am On Nov 11, 2019
Kbs468:

Hmmmn. AKWA IBOM- Ayaya!

Good one from PATRICK PASCAL.

And that reminds me. Where are PATRICK MANCHA And PATRICK OVIE now?

I remember those days that I usually pray for when the 3 of them would be invited to the SUPER EAGLES at the same time!

I think 2 of them played for my darling 3SC (Shooting Stars)

Up sooting!!!!! Yes Patrick Ovie, Patrick mancha even Patrick Pascal played for my darling team. Very good players back in the days, Taofeek Malik, Duke Udi, David Ogaga, Ademola bankole, Friday Christopher, Ben james, isiaka awoyemi, diminutive John Benson, Ogbein Fawole, edith Agoye, shola akinwale, olumide harris, Dotun Alatishe and so much more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:48am On Nov 11, 2019
Kbs468:

Exactly and those who never got any mentioning went on to even surpassed him talking about ASHLEY COLE, RONALDINHO, STEPHEN APPIAH, IKER CASILLAS, XAVI HERNANDEZ, JOSEPH YOBO ETC

Now you are talking

You see why I said u20 football is not rated

Na Messi success make you dey reason mikel and Taiwo

Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:53am On Nov 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

La tellec and Sinama pangolle no be here ooo ,since after pangolle play for atm him career Na cross road side till retirement or so don’t know if he is still playing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:55am On Nov 11, 2019
Kbs468:

Well, He is not alone in that by the way as the French duo of ANTHONY TALLEC and SINAMA PONGOLLE that defeated NIGERIA in FIFA U 17 finals [b]also [/b]became flops

Mikel was never a flop

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 5:50am On Nov 11, 2019
Clementoke:
Heartland coach, Fidelis Ilechukwu wants VAR in NPFL.

I personally think there are more pressing issues to address in the league.

Morocco became the first African country to employ the use of the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) in its domestic matches.

The technology was first used in the continent in the Africa Cup of Nations in June from the quarter-finals onwards, and various countries were said to be keen on employing the technology in local leagues. 

Morocco became the first to use the technology in the local Throne Cup semi-finals match between TAS Casablanca and Difaa El Jadida that was played on Saturday.

Casablanca won the match 1-0 in extra time after regulation time failed to yield a winner.

Last week, a committee from the International Football Federation Board (IFAB) visited the Marrakech Stadium to look at the VAR set-up.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:57am On Nov 11, 2019
Actually I never knew icon4s and Andrew were candidates to be voted too, I thought the two were picked automatically and the voting was to get a few others to join them in the parliament. It sounds funny some guys ( somehow, komkne,forgiveness et al) who have no clue what moves the initiator of this whole stuff has made to make this recognized outside this thread, are against having him in. I didn't understand the whole voting process and if the brain, sole organizer and financier of this award isnt in, then I don't see the need to continue with this, it is sure headed nowhere, Bkus I doubt anybody is gonna be as dedicated as Icons and sacrifice his time to get the plaques to the appropriate offices.

Hey guys if icons isn't in, then I ain't no party to this, my vote is null and avoid. I no be Una member so my vote shouldn't count.

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 5:57am On Nov 11, 2019
Taliban:

Up sooting!!!!! Yes Patrick Ovie, Patrick mancha even Patrick Pascal played for my darling team. Very good players back in the days, Taofeek Malik, Duke Udi, David Ogaga, Ademola bankole, Friday Christopher, Ben james, isiaka awoyemi, diminutive John Benson, Ogbein Fawole, edith Agoye, shola akinwale, olumide harris, Dotun Alatishe and so much more.
Absolutely. You did remembered so many of them actually.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:58am On Nov 11, 2019
ChrisKels:
Actually I never knew icon4s and Andrew were candidates to be voted too, I thought the two were picked automatically and the voting was to get a few others to join them in the parliament. It sounds funny some guys ( somehow, komkne,forgiveness et al) who have no clue what moves the initiator of this whole stuff has made to make this recognized outside this thread, are against having him in. I didn't understand the whole voting process and if the brain, sole organizer and financier of this award isnt in, then I don't see the need to continue with this, it is sure headed nowhere, Bkus I doubt anybody is gonna be as dedicated as Icons and sacrifice his time to get the plaques to the appropriate offices.

Hey guys if icons isn't in, then I ain't no party to this, my vote is null and avoid. I no be Una member so my vote shouldn't count.

me too...over 19 likes on the post calling for icon admission into the award committee board... I think that alone is an overwhelming majority...

should forgiveness, somehow and komekn still pick against...and icon refuse participate then I tender my earlier vote null and void...

because still remember how icons4 severely call up and chase komekn the last time who was the committee member to come in finish up with the nomination...the UK based football guru forgot that he was even a committee member and that there was responsibilities attached to the role.....

though not to dice anyone...some peeps sometimes just want to steer up controversy when not necessary.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2019
ChrisKels:

Seconded!!! Nullify my vote if icon4s is not included. I don't know what is wrong with some of you.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:52am On Nov 11, 2019
Humility017:

though not to dice anyone...some peeps sometimes just want to steer up controversy when not necessary.

Especially people like Komekn, Forgiveness and to a lesser extent Joebie

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zayyadidris(m): 7:56am On Nov 11, 2019
ChrisKels:

Most people complaining in this forum about this situation am sure won't be able to make sacrifices icon4s have made so far. nd I also thought him and Andrew will be automatically part of the committee. Thats why I didn't vote any of them either. If its not decided on his inclusion. Then mine should be nulled also.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:08am On Nov 11, 2019
zayyadidris:
Most people complaining in this forum about this situation am sure won't be able to make sacrifices icon4s have made so far. nd I also thought him and Andrew will be automatically part of the committee. Thats why I didn't vote any of them either. If its not decided on his inclusion. Then mine should be nulled also.

Not just most of them, I will say none of them will be able to make half the sacrifice icon4s will make. Not Forgiveness, not Somehow and definitely not that fake Komekn who will always come up with the excuse that he is concealing his true real ID.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 8:55am On Nov 11, 2019
ChrisKels:

Not just most of them, I will say none of them will be able to make half the sacrifice icon4s will make. Not Forgiveness, not Somehow and definitely not that fake Komekn who will always come up with the excuse that he is concealing his true real ID.
what of u ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:12am On Nov 11, 2019
seankafor:
what of u ?

Nwanne even me know say I no fit. We all know who's more worthy to assume this mantle, and that man is no other than sir Icon4s. My honest 2cent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:23am On Nov 11, 2019
Guys, guys let's calm down please. This thing is very easy smiley

I understand everyone's view point. But let's have it at the back of our minds that we are set out to achieve a goal. And that should always guide our line of thoughts.

Recall the nominations for last year the initial plan was to have only 5 members in the committee. But upon seeing the direction in which the nominations were going, some people come up and requested it be made 7 members of which we voted and majority were in favour of the increase to 7. A few objected, which is normal. Then also from the 7 Nominated 1 fellow pulled out and it was agreed that we return to the list and pick the next fellow in line which was done. And we moved on. Nothing is really cast in stone.

Yes, I know some of us were not aware that Icon4s and Andrewbaba44 were up for nomination even as some have come up to admit it. But again a poll was conducted to re-admit Icon4s into the committee of which majority voted 'for'. This was still another democratic process! This is not the first time such will be held while selecting awards Committee members. Nothing is cast in stone. The whole essence is for us to work effectively as a team.

This is voluntary service. Nobody gets paid. I sincerely love the enthusiasm and excitement following this year's awards. So let's work together to see that we achieve success.

So Sirs forgiveness, darkelf and somehow your points are duly noted and they are also valid but nothing is cast in stone here. We can always put one or two things together to ensure we achieve our objectives.

We shouldn't exert too much energy on this please.

Reminder: Awards Committee members to commence work on 25th November, 2019.

Cc: Tbaba1234, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, Safarigirl, Forgiveness, Komekn, Bascovanveli.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:53am On Nov 11, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that former Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo and Bordeaux winger Samuel Kalu are the early arrivals at the Super Eagles camp in Uyo ahead of Wednesday's Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Benin at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium.

Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr who was in Egypt this past weekend to offer assistance to Dream Team VII coach Imama
Amapakabo is expected to begin running the rule over the 23 invited players on Monday.

The German has complained that the scheduling of the first game against the Squirrels is not appropriate at all and he has been proved right with several invited players yet to show up in Uyo.

The Nigeria Football Federation wrote to CAF for the match to be shifted by at least one day but their request was not approved by the controlling body for African football.

Meanwhile, Fortuna Düsseldorf youth-teamer Maduka Okoye was spotted at the Bolton White Hotel in Abuja on Sunday night and the goalkeeper is expected to fly to Uyo later today, subject to the availability of flights.

In-form Kaizer Chiefs netminder Daniel Akpeyi arrived in Lagos last night and has given his word that he will fly to Uyo to join his international teammates on Monday afternoon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 10:00am On Nov 11, 2019
Pinnick on Gernot Rohr's contract

We have no problems at all with coach Gernot Rohr. His present contract runs out in June 2020. In renewing it, we hope to strengthen some clauses so we can domesticate some of his activities.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7589) (7590) (7591) (7592) (7593) (7594) (7595) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nomyth, joelsteron and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.