Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,938 members, 7,876,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 08:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7706) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12006837 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7703) (7704) (7705) (7706) (7707) (7708) (7709) ... (16401) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:50am On Nov 18, 2019
Lol... Some don't even hide. They come out and affirm Komekn is indeed a true fan of Nigerian football and the Super Eagles team. I laugh at their foolishness and silly hypocrisy. They are trying so hard to look saintly and make the clown look saintly too. They try to play diplomatic but they are infact asslicking funnies. Lol

ChrisKels:

U mean the dunces with low self esteem that always hide behind the like buttons at every witless post he drops here?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:53am On Nov 18, 2019
Your list is invalid. I go with Chriskel's for now. Na him own I wan see but merci... You try... grin

darkelf:

Faculty of Carpentry

List of Staff Members

Dean: Ogenyi Onazi

Subdean: Anderson Esiti

HOD: Mikel Agu

Professor: Anthony Nwakaeme

Associate Prof: Onuachu

Senior Lecturer: Bryan Idowu

Lecturer I: Jamilu Collins

Lecturer II: Nwakali (both of them)

Assistant Lecturer: Kelechi Iheanacho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:53am On Nov 18, 2019
Gernot Rohr was delighted that the Super Eagles came from behind to thrash Lesotho 4-2 in their latest 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, thanks to a brace from Victor Osimhen and additional tallies from Alex Iwobi and Samuel Chukwueze.

The Franco-German admitted during Sunday's post-match press conference that the Super Eagles had a slow start to the game because of the long trip from Uyo but later found their rhythm and began to enjoy their football.

''I want to thank the people from Lesotho for the hospitality. About the match, we know that it is difficult to win in Lesotho especially when you concede the first goal,'' Rohr told reporters.

''They played very well in the beginning and we had to run after this goal and to take the match in our hands which is what we did.

''We had a long traveling by night, you can see in the beginning my players were not really necessary concentrated.

''In the second half, we changed a little bit our organization and it was better and better. I feel that my players they have fun when they play football and that's the most important that we enjoy the game.

''We won okay but congrats to my colleague, he has a good team.''

Nigeria lead the way in Group L of the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers with six points followed by Benin with three points, thanks to their 1-0 victory over Sierra Leone in Porto-Novo on Sunday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:54am On Nov 18, 2019
Eartquake1:

He was probably enjoying England's win over Kosovo

Komekn doesn't contribute anything to the SE discussion except from talking down on our players and questioning their age

Agreed bro, without any iota of reservations grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:56am On Nov 18, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Don't mind the clown. Later some shady folks always licking his ass will come defend him and say he is a bonafide Super Eagles fan and follower. Nonsense and Pretenders. grin

Two of the players he always criticizes scored,so what did U expect?

grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... Some don't even hide. They come out and affirm Komekn is indeed a true fan of Nigerian football and the Super Eagles team. I laugh at their foolishness and silly hypocrisy. They are trying so hard to look saintly and make the clown look saintly too. They try to play diplomatic but they are infact asslicking funnies. Lol

What else do u expect from people who cant stand on their own? They wouldn't wanna go against their lord Bkus dey are scared he might get mad at them grin

I call dem attachees grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:01am On Nov 18, 2019
Agreed without taking a break from my bowl of Fufu and Oha. It is devoid of Emotive bias and it stands without contention.... **in southgate's voice** grin

ChrisKels:

Agreed bro, without any iota of reservations grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:02am On Nov 18, 2019
As poor as Jamilu Collins is,I'll still prefer him to Idowu. Idowu na confirmed carpenter. Having him on that left flank will dull our offensive play...

If Rohr can't get another left footed left back, then let's continue with Aina there....he is better than Collins and Idowu combined

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:03am On Nov 18, 2019
NIGERIA pundit John Fashanu has tipped Rangers star Joe Aribo to be their best player for a generation after underlining how impressed he's been with the Ibrox ace.

Aribo is with his international squad preparing for an African Cup of Nations game against Lesotho in Maseru.

And so impressive has his performances been for the Super Eagles that former Wimbledon and England striker Fashanu, who was a director of the Nigerian FA, presents Nigerian game show TV programmes and has even acted in the Nigerian film industry, believes they have found a gem by persuading Aribo to play for the African nation.

He said: "Aribo is going to be a very important player for Nigeria.

"He is going to be one of our key players for years. He's been doing very well for Rangers and has been exceptional since his debut for Nigeria.

"Joe is going to be targeted by the opposition because they know what he can do. It's important he is used properly by us because he's vital for the team."

And Fashanu's comments were echoed by Lesotho manager Thabo Senong, who pinpointed Light Blues ace Aribo as Nigeria's danger man.

He said: "Nigeria have very strong and skillful players.
"Joe Aribo is one of them. He has been doing well at his club and everyone knows he is a very dangerous player. He's one we have to watch."
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:06am On Nov 18, 2019
And long may you live too My good man. wink

ILLICITblood:
Good morning House

on Jamilu Collins

I've read the back and forth between Thesupernerd and other monickers on the fellow and this is my two cents

Collins is not as bad as alot of people here want to paint him to be

Yeah,we need an upgrade but Idowu?? Really??

sha,every mallam with him kettle

against Benin Republic, he was beaten too easily by a fast winger, speed ain't his strength.. but other than that,He hardly did anything wrong in that match

Defensively, He cleared alot of balls and the Beninese couldn't get past him

and Offensively, ask any one who watched the match,he was a Darling to watch.. he created about three chances plus he had this solo run whereby he nutmegged a player and dribbled past the second.. He was unlucky not to have an assist there

like i said, Yes he is not the best out there

But he is certainly not as bad as painted

long Live this thread.... long live the super eagles.. long live Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:07am On Nov 18, 2019
Lol... I believe that was Chukwueze.

Lucque:

4:22.... Who do dat thing??... Who!!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:08am On Nov 18, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Your list is invalid. I go with Chriskel's for now. Na him own I wan see but merci... You try... grin

Drop your own grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:09am On Nov 18, 2019
simiife:
can't wait for Osimhen to score an hatrick
He will do that against Sierra Leone and Lesotho at home

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:10am On Nov 18, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

You're wrong bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:12am On Nov 18, 2019
My own list of Carpenters? No naa.. wetin concern me. I am no expert in carpentry. That's why I had to engage Chriskels, An Elite "World Class" Carpenter himself grin to come and do justice to the updated list of the Carpentry faculty.

That is the reason I rate his than yours. His is from a bonafide position of garnering over 10 years (of world class experience) in the carpentry business. But you, you just started some months ago. grin You are still local.

darkelf:

Drop your own grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:12am On Nov 18, 2019
I am certainly not. wink

darkelf:

You're wrong bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:13am On Nov 18, 2019
darkelf:

Let's be honest; Iheanacho should be under category 2 & 3 above
go and put him there lol

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:13am On Nov 18, 2019
charlesemeka85:
eze can still switch to us so his chances are still open, heard ehizibue and lookman with another unnamed english born kid will join the team after they re cleared by fifa while ejike is being monitored closely by rohr and his scouts

Ehizibue doesn't need clearance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:16am On Nov 18, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
My own list of Carpenters? No naa.. wetin concern me. I am no expert in carpentry. That's why I had to engage Chriskels, An Elite "World Class" Carpenter himself grin to come and do justice to the updated list of the Carpentry faculty.

That is the reason I rate his than yours. His is from a bonafide position of garnering over 10 years in the carpentry business. But you, you just started some months ago. grin You are still local.

You're not serious j grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:16am On Nov 18, 2019
The Super Eagles in 2019

14 games, 22 goals scored, 14 goals conceeded.

9wins, 3 draws and 2 losses.

Check below....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:17am On Nov 18, 2019
forgiveness:

Ehizibue doesn't need clearance.
He does, he's played about 5mins of competitive football for the Dutch U20s

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 10:17am On Nov 18, 2019
Who else notice that Ekong's free kick. That guy get shot oo....he should continue to work on it. He might be our David Luiz grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:18am On Nov 18, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
I am certainly not. wink

My major qualms with komekn is his believe that everything English is better than most (if not all) of the guys we currently have in the Super Eagles. However, I have seen him celebrate our victories and castigate me for my pessimism before. I believe he loves the SE in his own ways

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:18am On Nov 18, 2019
Koboko99:
Who else notice that Ekong's free kick. That guy get shot oo....he should continue to work on it. He might be our David Luiz grin grin

Yea. You're quite right.

Forgot to mention it earlier. Playing regularly in the Series A is improving Eking and Aina.

Maybe, it won't be a bad move for Omeruo

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:21am On Nov 18, 2019
I didn't even have you in mind. And he certainly didn't celebrate yesterday's victory. So what you claim to have seen is lost on me.

darkelf:

My major qualms with komekn is his believe that everything English is better than most (if not all) of the guys we currently have in the Super Eagles. However, I have seen him celebrate our victories and castigate me for my pessimism before. I believe he loves the SE in his own ways

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:27am On Nov 18, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

That is the reason I rate his than yours. His is from a bonafide position of garnering over 10 years (of world class experience) in the carpentry business. But you, you just started some months ago. grin You are still local.

Me Carpenter? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:29am On Nov 18, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Don't mind the clown. Later some shady folks always licking his ass will come defend him and say he is a bonafide Super Eagles fan and follower. Nonsense and Pretenders. grin

exactly. He didn't say anything about the game and I'm not really surprised cos we know his motive and agenda here. He is waiting for us to lose so that he can drag the team and nff down under the disguise of "objectivity". If they can't celebrate the team when the team is doing well, they have absolutely no right to drag the team down when they mess up.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:30am On Nov 18, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
I didn't even have you in mind. And he certainly didn't celebrate yesterday's victory. So what you claim to have seen is lost on me.

Guilty conscience? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:31am On Nov 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

Me Carpenter? grin

Gi wa bu the Original... wink The only world class of the lots. The only celestial being among them. Be proud my man. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:32am On Nov 18, 2019
Eartquake1:

He was probably enjoying England's win over Kosovo

Komekn doesn't contribute anything to the SE discussion except from talking down on our players and questioning their age
komekn don't give a f.. Ck about super eagles bro. He is here to troll us in a subtle way using his fancy 5naira English

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Komekn IMO is not a fan of the super eagles...he only comes here to promote some of his borough players...he is likely an agent to some of this players or work with them with the promise to help get super eagles call ups so as to boast their market value....

you see yesterday everyone was watching the match... he was still busy talking about Lorfa... I am sure he didn't even watch the match....

such a pity
Anyway man must hurstle

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:37am On Nov 18, 2019
kellycute:
exactly. He didn't say anything about the game and I'm not really surprised cos we know his motive and agenda here. He is waiting for us to lose so that he can drag the team and nff down under the disguise of "objectivity". If they can't celebrate the team when the team is doing well, they have absolutely no right to drag the team down when they mess up.

the bolded summed it up....

I will even pick Gustav and Afrobear over komekn when it comes to the super eagles self...because those guys don't pretend and they're open about their mission here...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7703) (7704) (7705) (7706) (7707) (7708) (7709) ... (16401) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mujtahida, kentebemoney, Odunayaw(m), Nomyth, Kog45(m), Caicedo, Toylove, Starboytwo(m), humility33(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.