Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,624 members, 7,924,091 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 10:27 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7802) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12267543 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7799) (7800) (7801) (7802) (7803) (7804) (7805) ... (16527) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:31pm On Nov 28, 2019
Eartquake1:

Algeria still ranks below Tunisia

How does this thing even work?
Algeria was shit for a while they've just got their mojo back so they need to keep it up and hope Tunisia start loosing games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
that why the so called football enthusiast and media are bent on spewing propaganda just to get him sacked because if they re truly lovers of the national team they won't allow their selfish intents blind them from the progress the team have made so far since coming of rohr.

Building a national team takes time, it begins with trial and errors until the right tactics and players are mastered and groomed to understand each other. it took westahof 4 years to put together the most successful team we have ever had that went on to qualify for their first world cup outing, winning the afcon and ranked fifth by fifa in the whole world.

Rohr has his flaws and short coming but with the work he has done so far with the team which is positive so far it will be disastrous to let him leave.

from his statement so far he wish to continue with the team but demands that his contractual agreement with the nff must be respected in terms of payment of his allowances and wages while the nff as well invite him for talks on renewing his contract. if truly rohr wish to abandon a team he nurtured from scratch to one of the best in the continent currently he would have left immediately after the afcon.

Most people who want him out have their own agenda. My fear is if we sack Rhor can we get a coach who will be upright and do the right thing and at the same time can accommodate NFF and their rubbish, most local coaches can accommodate that rubbish but can they be upright? Amunike aside (I don't think he's good enough) , we don't even have any local coach who we can even call on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2019
sey rohr na prison warden wey dey free people ni?

jihday:
'We have world class players, Rhor is holding them back he needs to free them so we can be beating teams by 5 goals minimum. If only Rhor played attacking football we'd have been world and African champion by now' grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2019
Taliban:

I hope Rohr himself wants to stay cos he's being frustrated a lot. Owing him months of salaries and trying to bully him as well, very toxic work environment for him to be honest, all for what? I won't be shocked if he moves to like a Morocco or another country to be honest.
I think he wants to stay, money isn't his motivation he's hungry for success but then he can't force himself.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2019
jihday:
Algeria was shit for a while they've just got their mojo back so they need to keep it up and hope Tunisia start loosing games

Tunisia has been playing nonsense for a year now

How did they get there in the first place?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2019
chrisooblog:
sey rohr na prison warden wey dey free people ni?

Lol, help me ask them o. I saw our lineup against Brazil and compared it to Brazil's own it was that moment I realised we have a long way to go, our most valuable player is a Leicester city DM, most of our players play with clubs who will celebrate Europa League qualification but some clowns think we have world class players, what we have at best is potentials who have the ability to punch above their weight.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2019
Eartquake1:

But they've been winning games, don't forget they made the semi final of the last Afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
forgiveness:

I know tell you before? I already knew will do well with the team after I saw Lampard style of play when he almost won Manchester city last season with his Championship team. Besides, most of those news players you see in the team had gained experience playing in top European league when they were on loan.

Thats true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
Senegal

Nigeria

Tunisia

Algeria

That's how it's suppose to be
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2019
Eartquake1:

playing nonsense is irrelevant , so far they are Winning games. Your result is what gets you up the ranking and not the way you acheive it.

Tunisia will remain above us and Algeria in the ranking if they don't loose games. Except we play opponents higher up the ranking and we win them, to accelerate the movement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2019
Samueltemi337:
Senegal

Nigeria

Tunisia

Algeria

That's how it's suppose to be

Algeria

Senegal

Nigeria

Morroco

Tunisia

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2019
If u truly know ur super eagles players, oya point out Leon Balogun from this pic grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2019
tbaba1234:
NFF must allow Rohr continue with his job. This is the worst time to rock the ship. A new coach starts to invite his own players and destroys what has been achieved.

You are spot on bro. Honestly speaking, I used to be one the heavy critics of Rohr. I’m beginning to see the good work the old Franco-German is doing with the super eagles, he’s genuinely building a team that will last for so long. Most people might no see it this way, but in the long run, it will very obvious to us all. Team building takes a lots of time for the players to gel

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
the man have the belief that he will rule Africa and shock the world in no distant time with his young team, the signs are obvious.

no sane coach would want to leave a team he nurtured from scratch to become one of the most improved team in African football in the past 3 years now. his job also is made easier with the emerging talents in his possession which is the luxury any coach will love to have.

rohr truly loves his team which is emerging as a power house once again in african football
jihday:
I think he wants to stay, money isn't his motivation he's hungry for success but then he can't force himself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:10pm On Nov 28, 2019
one of the kids looks more like maduka okoye
ChrisKels:
If u truly know ur super eagles players, oya point out Leon Balogun from this pic grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
the man have the belief that he will rule Africa and shock the world in no distant time with his young team, the signs are obvious.

no sane coach would want to leave a team he nurtured from scratch to become one of the most improved team in African football in the past 3 years now. his job also is made easier with the emerging talents in his possession which is the luxury any coach will love to have.

rohr truly loves his team which is emerging as a power house once again in african football

We talk and talk and talk here but none of our talks gets to the NFF or sports minister

We ought to find a way to make our feelings about Rohr get to the NFF

I want Rohr to continue with his Job and so do the majority of us here. If only there was a way to get NFF to understand that they need top pay him his salaries and free him to work the way he thinks is best. There is no point foisting their ideologies on the man.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2019
The Question I have always had is this; Why does NFF habitually owe salaries of National Team Coaches?

It seems to have become the norm? Is it that the Sports Ministry doesn't release these monies on time?

Or are there some vile and hellish creatures sitting on it?

In saner climes, sports administrators are sacked for this. We want to be soccer giants yet we can't seem to get the little things right.

God, we are in trouble in this country ooo. What manner of nonsense is this?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
chrisooblog:
human yes but ours is on another level

No, our isn't on any strange level. It's same everywhere. There is no country on earth where u won't find people willing to collect money from u and destroy their country
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
forgiveness:

Of course, it exists but it belongs to the west according to African's slavery mentality.

Nope, it belongs to dem because they are the owner cheesy, Not because of ur mentality grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2019
if it starts from you that won't be a bad idea
Blueelf:

We talk and talk and talk here but none of our talks gets to the NFF or sports minister

We ought to find a way to make our feelings about Rohr get to the NFF

I want Rohr to continue with his Job and so do the majority of us here. If only there was a way to get NFF to understand that they need top pay him his salaries and free him to work the way he thinks is best. There is no point foisting their ideologies on the man.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
if it starts from you that won't be a bad idea

If I had the connect or I knew the man/men involved, bros I no go waste time.

But i am sure one or two people here do
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2019
Blueelf:

If I had the connect or I knew the man/men involved, bros I no go waste time.

But i am sure one or two people here do

You think you will be the first or last to talk?

Nigeria is so corrupt from top to bottom that you may enter to fight it but see yourself engulfed by it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2019
Eartquake1:

You think you will be the first or last to talk?

Nigeria is so corrupt from top to bottom that you may enter to fight it but see yourself engulfed by it
who no know that one before?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i just hope pinnick and his cohorts renew his contract with new clauses and targets. a mandate to rohr to at least take the team to the next afcon finals and 2nd round stage at the 2022 world cup. with the progress of the team so far coupled with talented young players in his disposal i believe this targets are reachable.

it makes no sense letting him leave and at the same time running off to europe to get another coach who the nff will still default in paying his wages and bonuses. for now let's make do with what we have and can afford

Let us all on this trend flood the NFF handle and demand #wewantrohr#
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jimmyiovine: 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
Why am I getting a bad feeling that in the next Super Eagles match come 2020, Rohr will not be the one leading them out?! Most of the sports media journalist in Nigeria are even saying he should go. Only Osasu, and Oluwashina from BBC Sports Africa seem to be on Rohr’s side. If there is ever a good time to leave national team, it is this period due to the gap before next international window

Have Cameroon replaced Seedorf since the 2019 Afcon? If another big nation comes calling, I can definitely see him resigning tbh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2019
Sheyi Ojo in Rangers' starting line up away to Feyenoord. Whereas, Joe Aribo starts from the dugout

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:01pm On Nov 28, 2019
Let's get counted. Click Share to Agree, like to Disagree.

solonnachi:

Let us all on this trend flood the NFF handle and demand #wewantrohr#
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2019
John Fashanu questions Gernot Rohr’s technical abilities to lead Eagles to the next level

Former England player of Nigeria descent John Fashanu believes Gernot Rohr has not done enough to convince him that he’s the right man to lead Super Eagles to the next level.

Former England player of Nigeria descent John Fashanu believes Gernot Rohr has not done enough to convince him that he’s the right man to lead Super Eagles to the next level.

Rohr, 66, was employed by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in August 2016 and since then, he has led the team to a Group Stage exit at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and a third-place finish at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.

Fashanu, however, expressed his displeasure with the manner the German tactician has handled the team over the three years as the chief coach.

“I think Rohr has underachieved as the coach of Super Eagles.

What has he achieved, what has he won? That team is certainly not good enough to dominate African Football. We still have a lot of work to do to be the best in Africa. For now, we don’t have a team yet,”

“At the moment, this is one of the lowest time I have seen of the Super Eagles
. I am sorry to say that, but I am not excited about the team now and I feel the coach is not doing enough with domestic players. Rohr should stay in Nigeria and develop our league players”

“lt amazes me anytime I hear Rohr saying that Nigerian league players are not good enough to play for Super Eagles. It is a shame that he could say that of a team that won the AFCON in 2013/with about nine home based players. A local boy [Sunday] Mba even scored the lone goal that won us the cup.”

The former Bordeaux coach whose contract with the NFF will run out in June 2020 has begun the Super Eagles’ 2021 AFCON qualifying campaign on a bright note with back to back victories over Benin and Lesotho.

https://www.today.ng/sport/football/john-fashanu-questions-gernot-rohrs-technical-abilities-lead-eagles-level-266133/amp?_
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2019
Fashanu is out of touch with realities on ground. I wonder if he watches NPFL matches.

Eartquake1:
John Fashanu questions Gernot Rohr’s technical abilities to lead Eagles to the next level

Rohr, 66, was employed by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in August 2016 and since then, he has led the team to a Group Stage exit at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and a third-place finish at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.

Fashanu, however, expressed his displeasure with the manner the German tactician has handled the team over the three years as the chief coach.

What has he achieved, what has he won? That team is certainly not good enough to dominate African Football. We still have a lot of work to do to be the best in Africa. For now, we don’t have a team yet,”

. I am sorry to say that, but I am not excited about the team now and I feel the coach is not doing enough with domestic players. Rohr should stay in Nigeria and develop our league players”

“lt amazes me anytime I hear Rohr saying that Nigerian league players are not good enough to play for Super Eagles. It is a shame that he could say that of a team that won the AFCON in 2013/with about nine home based players. A local boy [Sunday] Mba even scored the lone goal that won us the cup.”

The former Bordeaux coach whose contract with the NFF will run out in June 2020 has begun the Super Eagles’ 2021 AFCON qualifying campaign on a bright note with back to back victories over Benin and Lesotho.

https://www.today.ng/sport/football/john-fashanu-questions-gernot-rohrs-technical-abilities-lead-eagles-level-266133/amp?_
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2019
Joebie:
Fashanu is out of touch with realities on ground. I wonder if he watches NPFL matches.

Serious amount of money is involved, most local journalists are speaking against Rohr

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
wetin dis fool know about nigerian football? he should stick and remain with england with em pointed head like gay
Eartquake1:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
Eartquake1:

grin grin grin Lowest time for Super Eagles? grin grin grin This is God tier trolling

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7799) (7800) (7801) (7802) (7803) (7804) (7805) ... (16527) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, junnyjake(m), geonyte(m), zicky(m), koxyz, Shegzdave and 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.