Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,413 members, 7,923,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 10:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7842) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12261730 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7839) (7840) (7841) (7842) (7843) (7844) (7845) ... (16524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:46am On Dec 02, 2019
And Iheanacho should cancel any thoughts of Turkey.

16 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:49am On Dec 02, 2019
Nigeria, under coach Gernot Rohr, boast of the finest attacking options on the continent at the moment, according to Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze.

The Super Eagles are currently ranked 31st in the world and third in Africa behind Senegal and Tunisia with Algeria, who defeated Nigeria at the semifinals of the 2019 AFCON a further spot behind in fourth.

Despite Liverpool’s Sadio Mane spearheading the Teranga Lions’ attack and Manchester City’s Riyad Mahrez being the most celebrated of the Desert Warriors forwards, Samuel Chukwueze is convinced that Africa’s finest attack is Nigeria’s.

Victor Osimhen, Samuel Kalu, Moses Simon, Samuel Chukwueze and Alex Iwobi are presently Gernot Rohr’s most preferred options for his four forward positions with all five players young, fast and starring for respectable sides in Europe. Not forgetting captain Ahmed Musa whose return from an injury setback offers the Super Eagles an experienced performer upfront.

The combination of all these factors, Chukwueze believes, should drive real fear into other African teams who face Nigeria any time soon.

“The future is very bright (for the Super Eagles attack) and I am happy to play alongside them,” Chukwueze told Sports Vanguard as monitored by Soccernet.ng about playing together with Osimhen, Kalu, and Moses.

“Not only for the national team, when you go to their clubs you see that they are also doing very well.

“Osimhen has been on fire since the season began and Simon scored a hat-trick the other weekend. Kalu has also been scoring while Ahmed Musa just back from injury is doing well also.

“We have very good and dangerous attack, I would say the best attack right now in Africa.”

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:13am On Dec 02, 2019
forgiveness:
Olanrewaju Kayode scored. Now 3 goals with 3 assists.

He has done well so far

His red card is just too much this season, he should have more than 3 goals by now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:19am On Dec 02, 2019
tbaba1234:
And Iheanacho should cancel any thoughts of Turkey.

Agreed

I just want more game time for him, even if its few minute off the bench , let me try and use that to get some goals, joining an epl team wont be hard for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:46am On Dec 02, 2019
charlesemeka85:
sarca wetin? just stating the obvious

how can a superb midfield maestro like azubuike ichie xavi iniesta okechukwu not been scouted and recommended to championship clubs when a lesser quality carpenter like ndidi is striving in the epl? i'm in sifia pains

Lol

U 2 mumu abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:33am On Dec 02, 2019
Blueelf:

i knew you would say this

Very predictable guy

If Balogun had worked hard, he would have adapted. Its not as if the EPL is one place people dont come to dominate from other leagues

Lol no mind am

People wey dey dominate from others league na them plenty pass

If dem tell people say van dijk go come from scottish league come do well for epl many go say na lie
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:39am On Dec 02, 2019
komekn:

First EPL game of the season and watch how the fans go delirious here.

Is that not double standard too much favoritism for certain players.
They are our product, our money (tax payer) built them from the scratch (for Nacho, U-15) so they'll always be our favourite

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:53am On Dec 02, 2019
elyte89:
cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGzIeuBvZ-A
I'll swear for anybody that comes here to doubt this boy's age

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 4:57am On Dec 02, 2019
I think Victor Osimhen can play in Manchester united. Hey Victor fans lets go to Manu page and presurize them. The need a center forward. I hope they get him instead of Halland (that boy from Norway).
Manu strikers are at worst average and at best inconsistent.

Osimhen will shine in manu i swear

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 5:41am On Dec 02, 2019
I will have issues with anybody clamoring for the inclusion of home based players in the super Eagles. Our home based players are disgrace to the game of soccer.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 5:43am On Dec 02, 2019
DrLikita12:

Fans bring something to a game. Unfortunately they can also put their teams in trouble.
Absolutely as you are very much on point with your submission here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:46am On Dec 02, 2019
zuchyblink:
I will have issues with anybody clamoring for the inclusion of home based players in the super Eagles. Our home based players are disgrace to the game of soccer.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:48am On Dec 02, 2019
Philosopher1979:
I think Victor Osimhen can play in Manchester united. Hey Victor fans lets go to Manu page and presurize them. The need a center forward. I hope they get him instead of Halland (that boy from Norway).
Manu strikers are at worst average and at best inconsistent.

Osimhen will shine in manu i swear

Na so dem take dey buy player abi ?

You want us to be behaving like those Turkish fans writing in all club pages to sign their own players

Lol

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:14am On Dec 02, 2019
zuchyblink:

Any one who watched Rangers and Enyimba this weekend would reach a similar conclusion. I know there are better talents in Nigeria but these guys are so poor.

It is combination of poor coaching and poor players.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 7:00am On Dec 02, 2019
I'm still hung over from iheanachos performance yesterday, I'm genuinely happy, even tho I never see the highlights self.... Match winning goals are the best...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:11am On Dec 02, 2019
andrewbaba44:

He has done well so far

His red card is just too much this season, he should have more than 3 goals by now

Yes! He got 2 red cards which made him to miss 4 matches.

He is very aggressive like Osimhen but the Turkish league doesn't tolerant aggressive behaviour. Osimhen go don chop reds too if na Turkish league em dey do am.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:20am On Dec 02, 2019
forgiveness:

Yes! He got 2 red cards which made him to miss 4 matches.

He is very aggressive like Osimhen but the Turkish league doesn't tolerant aggressive behaviour. Osimhen go don chop reds too if na Turkish league em dey do am.

Lol

Maybe Diego costa Na their role model grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 7:21am On Dec 02, 2019
Starboytwo:
I'm still hung over from iheanachos performance yesterday, I'm genuinely happy, even tho I never see the highlights self.... Match winning goals are the best...
IHEANACHO WINS IT FOR LEICESTER � https:///Mtw0wKpEo1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 7:26am On Dec 02, 2019
The dressing room celebrations!

So much love for Kelechi Iheanacho.

https:///mGptAs9uBW

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:47am On Dec 02, 2019
Joebie:
Two Nigerians steal the headlines today. This is 90mins' take as they hand Ndidi MOTM:

STAR MAN: Wilfrid Ndidi
The midfielder does not often get the credit he deserves due to the sheer quality of those around him, but he was outstanding on Sunday. He broke up play all game and crucially won the ball back in the build-up to the Leicester equaliser, before creating the winner with a superb pass.

That flick on the first goal was pure class

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:52am On Dec 02, 2019
I saw Ndidi looking out for his brother in the pitch, he kept finding him with the right passes to ensure he did well.

And when he finally scored, he couldn't contain his joy.

#BrotherlyLove

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 7:56am On Dec 02, 2019
komekn:

To quote,
Prior to today's game against the Toffees, Iheanacho had not scored in the Premier League since September 22, 2018.

Over one year ago and that's your basis for saying a player has returned to form one goal in the EPL over a year ago.

He has to be playing regularly and showing consistency. And if can't get game he should move to where he can play.

January transfer window is coming good and cunning move by Leicester to get him in the shop window.

will you keep quiet, wizard of lie. What about the here and now? Nacho is back. 3 games, 3 goals and 1 assist. Trust me if he get to play additional 10 games he will score 10. Do you think we are joking when we say nacho is back?. He is an absolute beast and you havent see anything yet.

3 games... 3 goals, 1 assist. The elements of fire such as fuel, oxygen, source of ignition (heat), then add nacho to it cos he is on fire!!!!.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 8:05am On Dec 02, 2019
komekn:

To quote,
Prior to today's game against the Toffees, Iheanacho had not scored in the Premier League since September 22, 2018.

Over one year ago and that's your basis for saying a player has returned to form one goal in the EPL over a year ago.

He has to be playing regularly and showing consistency. And if can't get game he should move to where he can play.

January transfer window is coming good and cunning move by Leicester to get him in the shop window.
E
shameless man so they gave him opportunity to play so that they can get him in the shop market. See your 5 naira reasoning. We care less about that as long as nacho has been able to prove to everyone that he still have the talent and he has been able to perform each time he gat opportunity to play. 3 games this season, 3 goals and 1 assist is not a little feat. If Leicester city decide to sell him January, it gat nothing to do with his low quality but everything to do with their over reliance on vardy. Nacho is too good to be on the bench and we are very sure he won't lack any suitor in epl.

Go ffuck yourself.. Wizard of lie. I nor dey go work today. I dey here dey wait u. Nonsense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:10am On Dec 02, 2019
Throughout that 30 minutes I was imagining a Kelechi Iheanacho combination with Victor Osimhen.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:13am On Dec 02, 2019
komekn:

To quote,

you're used to going low where Nigerian-born players are concerned, but this one is special

Komekn, you are too old to be hating on a small boy like this, if you cannot respect your British passport, respect your age. Make Senior man like you no dey talk like 17-year old boy

I hope you have dropped your nomination on the Awards thread, you're the one holding us back on that thread. Go And drop your nomination before coming back to hate on Kelechi. The one way dem elect you for, you no go gree do am, na work wey nobody send you, you get time for

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kushercain: 8:13am On Dec 02, 2019
Joebie:
Vardy is massive. You can't bench Vardy. But Nacho can still do his thing if he is given consistent cameo opportunities or of course in a two-prong attack.

Vardy thrives on making runs off the shoulder of the two Center backs, he doesn't do so well with a strike partner just like when Puel paired him with Slimani back then

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:47am On Dec 02, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Okay, what of solanke and onyedimma? grin

Why would Solanke pledge allegiance to a country he has no affinity for and know nothing about.

Please tell me ❓

Onyedinma nothing to report or do you have something to say ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:54am On Dec 02, 2019
kellycute:
shameless man so they gave him opportunity to play so that they can get him in the shop market. See your 5 naira reasoning. We care less about that as long as nacho has been able to prove to everyone that he still have the talent and he has been able to perform each time he gat opportunity to play. 3 games this season, 3 goals and 1 assist is not a little feat. If Leicester city decide to sell him January, it gat nothing to do with his low quality but everything to do with their over reliance on vardy. Nacho is too good to be on the bench and we are very sure he won't lack any suitor in epl.

Go ffuck yourself.. Wizard of lie. I nor dey go work today. I dey here dey wait u. Nonsense.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:54am On Dec 02, 2019
jihday:
They are our product, our money (tax payer) built them from the scratch (for Nacho, U-15) so they'll always be our favourite

That's actually not true .

In the UK KC is classed as a homegrown player of Manchester city. He arrived at Manchester City as a teenager 2013/14 trained and played in thier academy for near two years plus before making his first team debut.

So where is built from the scratch so which money did you pay too City train and nurture him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:55am On Dec 02, 2019
Exactly what i have been clamoring for: a hardworking Nacho!
The guy is a bundle of talent full of skills but seem he went down the wrong way somewhere which led to his desert experience
Nacho still has a lot to prove and he must not stop working hard on and off the pitch
Maybe the sudden death of his friend ignited something in him.
I wish him the best season free of injuries and full of goals.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:56am On Dec 02, 2019
safarigirl:
you're used to going low where Nigerian-born players are concerned, but this one is special

Komekn, you are too old to be hating on a small boy like this, if you cannot respect your British passport, respect your age. Make Senior man like you no dey talk like 17-year old boy

I hope you have dropped your nomination on the Awards thread, you're the one holding us back on that thread. Go And drop your nomination before coming back to hate on Kelechi. The one way dem elect you for, you no go gree do am, na work wey nobody send you, you get time for

Incoherent Balderdash not one iota of objective reasoning.

HATER what's new.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:59am On Dec 02, 2019
komekn:

Incoherent Balderdash not one iota of objective reasoning.

HATER what's new.
this is exactly what I thought when I saw your bitter leaf post about Kelechi.

Go and drop your nomination on the Awards thread, and stop stinking up this thread with your bias.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7839) (7840) (7841) (7842) (7843) (7844) (7845) ... (16524) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Dsimmer, Toylove, mummyson26(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.