Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,004 members, 7,903,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (791) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12164811 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (16464) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:14am On Apr 11, 2017
Exclusive: Greuther Furth Studying Possibility Of Loaning Out Obanor To Turkish Club

German 2. Bundesliga outfit Greuther Furth are considering the possibility of loaning out ex-Nigeria U23 captain Erhun Obanor few weeks before the summer transfer window opens for business.

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that representatives of the defender have opened talks with a number of Turkish Super Lig and First League teams over a one-season loan deal.

Obanor has yet to make his competitive debut for Greuther Furth since agreeing terms with the club before the 2016 Olympic Games, and has made their 18-man squad just once, against St. Pauli on December 11.

Unlike compatriots Leon Balogun, Karim Onisiwo, Emmanuel Iyoha and Noah Bazee who have played for the reserve teams of their respective teams in the league, the Regionalliga is a 'no-go area' for Obanor because he is not in the possession of a European Union passport.

The former Mountain of Fire ace is under contract with Greuther Furth until June 30, 2019.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22671
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:15am On Apr 11, 2017
Rohr: I Can't Allow Super Eagles Go For Holidays & Want Them To Beat South Africa

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has explained the rationale behind the national team holding a get-together in Corsica, France ahead of the African Cup of Nations qualifying match with South Africa.

With most European Leagues set to end in the middle of May, the German has inferred that the players will be lacking match fitness if they proceed on three weeks vacation before reporting to Uyo in June.

The German has been criticized in some quarters for recommending that the national team should train in France instead of Nigeria, where the AFCON qualifier will hold.

''The problem we have is the players finish the season in the middle of May while our game with South Africa is the 10th of June, '' Rohr told
allnigeriasoccer.com.
'

'I can't allow them go for holidays for three weeks and ask them to come and beat South Africa.

''We have a programme for that. Training camp in Corsica, a friendly game and perhaps a second friendly game before coming to Nigeria, Uyo, to prepare for our game against South Africa.''

The Super Eagles have won all their competitive matches since the appointment of Rohr in August 2016.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22676

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:18am On Apr 11, 2017
Transfer news: Celtic and Liverpool lose ground in race to sign Nigerian starlet Henry Onyekuru

The 19-year-old has struck 12 times for Eupen

By talkSPORT- @talkSPORT

Borussia Monchengladbach and Club Brugge have moved ahead of Celtic and Liverpoolin the race for Henry Onyekuru.

The 19-year-old has struck 12 times for Eupen in Belgium this season, despite the side languishing near the bottom of the league.

The forward's form caught the eye of Celtic and Liverpool back in January, but he failed to secure a move even though he threatened to go on strike.

It had been reported that Celtic and Liverpool would come back for Onyekuru this summer but, according to Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws, Borussia Monchengladbach and Club Brugge are the favourites to sign him.

The Nigerian has already spoken about his intentions to leave Eupen at the end of the season after holding talks with the club.

For now, Onyekuru looks set to join either Borussia Monchengladbach and Club Brugge but there has even been talk of interest from CSKA Moscow.

talksport.com/football/transfer-news-celtic-and-liverpool-lose-ground-race-sign-nigerian-starlet-henry-onyekuru

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:24am On Apr 11, 2017
AF Nigeria 2019 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers Nigeria
Bewarang: NFF will be worried if Lookman plays for England seniors

Everton's Ademola Lookman

by Austin Ditlhobolo

The Nigerian Football Association (NFF) are hoping to convince Everton FC starlet Ademola Lookman to choose the Super Eagles over England's Three Lions.

The 19-year-old forward was born in London, England to parents of Nigerian descent and he's eligible to play for the national teams of both countries.

Lookman, who has been playing for England's Under-20 side, is expected to represent the country at the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup finals in South Korea later this year.

However, NFF's technical director Bitrus Bewarang has disclosed that they are planning to approach the former Charlton Athletic forward.

“I am not aware of Lookman deciding to play for England, did he say that openly? At junior level, he can still play for Nigeria if he so likes later, ” Bewarang said to
allnigeriasoccer.com.

“If he plays for England senior team, that should be what we should be worried about.

“We are not in the U20 World Cup, so definitely if someone is trying to look for progress in his profession, he has the choice to make," he continued.

“There is still hope he could be convinced later to play for Nigeria, It’s our prayer.

“If we were in the U20 World Cup, I’m sure he would have made up his mind to play for Nigeria, players want to see the level they can reach.”

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:27am On Apr 11, 2017
Rohr Hints Odey Will Not Be Called Up For South Africa Game But CHAN Team

Manager Gernot Rohr has strongly hinted that Nigerian Professional Football League hotshot Stephen Odey will not be called up to the Super Eagles squad for the African Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa in June.

Rohr, who ran the rule over Odey on Sunday at the Agege Township Stadium, says he has several exciting young talents in his squad at the moment - the likes of Kelechi Iheanacho, Alex Iwobi and Wilfred Ndidi - and the MFM whizkid has to start from the Super Eagles Team B, otherwise known as the CHAN team.

''You know it's not easy to change a winning team. We work with young good players, who brought us to the top of our group. To come into this team, you must be very high-level,'' Rohr told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

''But I have seen some players who can come in, they have to work so much. It's not easy to work on old generation synthetic ground, they did well.

''First step is to come in the CHAN team, the local Super Eagles team, My assistants Salisu and Imama know all the players. We always want to have the best team of Super Eagles.''

The German tactician reiterated : ''To come in this team, the players must be very strong, the door is open and I'm waiting for the next selection of CHAN team then I will have a look.

''When the local team played in Spain I took two of them.''
Stephen Odey has taken the Nigeria Professional Football League by storm this term, and his strike against El-Kanemi Warriors was his 14th league goal.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22675
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:29am On Apr 11, 2017
FCM Star Hassan Commits International Future To Denmark Ahead Of Nigeria, Passes Citizenship Test

FC Midtjylland wing wizard Rilwan Hassan has committed his international future to Denmark ahead of his country of birth Nigeria.

Born in Lagos 26 years ago, Hassan took and passed a Danish citizenship test back in November 2016, and is now waiting to be issued a passport, which will pave the way for him to represent the Scandinavians.

FC Midtjylland products and childhood pals Izunna Uzochukwu and Sylvester Igbonu had considered representing Denmark before Sunday Oliseh handed them their competitive debut against Tanzania in September 2015.

''I'm still waiting for an answer. I do not know how long it takes, '' says Hassan, who has proclaimed that he hopes to become relevant for the Danish national team at a time, to bold.dk.

Rilwan Hassan is the most experienced player in the current FCM squad, with 215 matches under his belt for the first team.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22674
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 11, 2017
terzurum5:
Rohr Suffers Another Setback As Chelsea Prospect Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria For England

Highly rated Chelsea teen forward Tammy Abraham has asked to be left out of Nigeria’s squad for their upcoming AFCON 2019 qualifiers against South Africa, as he wants to focus on playing for England.

Abraham who is on loan to Bristol City went into the record books when he scored his 19th league goal of the season in the English Championship to become the first teenager ever to score 16 or more goals in a Championship season.

Overall he has 22 goals this season, a tally which could have been more if not for the injury he sustained that saw him missed some games.

Nigeria approached the father of the England youth international, who incidentally is a close childhood friend of the president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick, but their request to see him switch allegiance to Nigeria immediately was turned down.

” Tammy won’t be in the Nigerian team for upcoming qualifiers, maybe in the future but not so fast. He has confirmed his participation for England at the U-20 World Cup in Korea, which is around same time when Nigeria will be taking on South Africa”, Owngoalnigeria.com United Kingdom (UK) correspondent Michael James reports.

” He is keen on progressing through the ranks of the English national team set up. He has been told he is the future with age not on the side of Wayne Rooney, Jamie Vardy and Jermaine Defoe who are all ahead of him in the England pecking order”.

The 19 year old becomes the second Anglo-Nigerian player who has opt to represent England instead of Nigeria within the space of one week, as Everton Ademola Lookman also did same last week.

*Michael James

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/10/rohr-suffers-another-setback-as-chelsea-prospect-tammy-abraham-snubs-nigeria-for-england/

Hmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:13am On Apr 11, 2017
krattoss:
Who else thinks Wilfred zaha is too good for crystal palace undecided

Dude shows off skills and magics like its training.

What's wrong with Wenger??

Stingy my foot angry

ROBIN VAN PERSIE HAS BEEN THE LAST BEST STRIKER TO PLAY FOR ARSENAL..
grin
wenger knows he wil go once its over.morale is low at emirates and no hierachy of experience where youngsters can look up to d older, more experienced ones, so player bond is weak. kroenke and nt wenger caused this. who was the last to end at the club? none. kroenke needs profit, gazidis wants result,trophies. so a clash occured. seems gazidis is having his way though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:21am On Apr 11, 2017
Icon4s:
Can someone tell me why Arsene Wenger should not be sacked?

Cos i don't understand.
D team is so average looking that everyone just dey their lane. cash that should b lavished on new big impact guys r diverted to the relocating of a stadium to los angeles. style of play sucks as well. no drive down the centre to attempt shots on goal. its so obvious that to frustrate arsenal, opponents use two dms 4 d last 8 games against them. too obvious for failure. c who come b captain sef. laughable. i miss carzorla.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:29am On Apr 11, 2017
Lol Echiejile score one kind goal. hahaha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:46am On Apr 11, 2017
The door is always open for the best players. #NPFL players must prove themselves with the CHAN team first. I hope that Stephen Odey can get better because I have a @ManCity striker in my team. At the moment we're a winning team, so the #NPFL players must prove they deserve a place in the team. The problem before the Algerian game was becasue the #NPFL players were on break, so we couldn't tell about their form. There is an existing problem with Nigerian based players. We cannot tell their real age. We've not been lucky enough to play many games, so we have to talk with the players and keep in touch. We've committed time in finding full backs. We have an option in Ola Aina of @ChelseaFC , who has committed to Nigeria. We have Tyrone, Madu who may have game time issues, but we're working to get more options. I am confident we can get players. We've made contact with Top executives in the German FA about a friendly, so we could play them. Not everything is about money. I have a good working relationship with @thenff , I have good players too. My assistants are scouting the #NPFL, Imama may have enough time now, we are following the league. I work more for my assistants than I do for myself. They have families and of course they'll be worried if they don't get paid. We have a technical committee that is doing everything to make sure we do well. Nigeria needs more academies, less synthetic pitches. Nigeria is the biggest football nation in Africa, given the passion.

Gernot Rohr

Several points by Rohr.

@bolded It looks as if Rohr has been listening to me.

icon4s, Joebie, daveP, Thesupernerd, BascoVanVeli, joseph1013, Thegoodjoe, komekn, goldfish80

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:51am On Apr 11, 2017
It is not false... and I am not fingerpointing........

And I am not labelling all northern fans black.... get the gist straight.

I am just saying it as it is.... I won't color it.... just because we don't wanna sound like we are attacking the north. I am not attacking the north... just stating what is a factual observation. period.

But lemme leave it at that..... really don't wanna go further on this.

BascoVanVeli:

That is false, the north does not have the most violence. Fact is the more people in the stadium the increased chance of there being hooligans, just like if a town is bigger there will be more criminals. Like i said the problem is crowd control, if the right steps were taking with more police present we wouldn't be talking about this right now. Still u can't brand all northern fans such because some people just went to catch a game and nothing more. We won't get anything done by finger pointing, we have to stand together against stadium violence and hooligans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:59am On Apr 11, 2017
@Sir Tbaba1234.... yep.... seems Rohr got your kinda insight into how the team dynamics of the Super Eagles should look like....... smiley

Sir Icon4s.... Rohr is saying same thing we said on that young talents NPFL thread.. CHAN first... prove yourself and be truly real quality... then get a chance with the main team. smiley

For now, Odey cannot displace Nacho... that is the truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:02am On Apr 11, 2017
Abeg.... just saw the goal now.... Goal is goal biko.... grin

Joebie:
Lol Echiejile score one kind goal. hahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:11am On Apr 11, 2017
I know I am late and I am sorry for that.... wink

Well, I saw this news too.... but Chief Icon4s' explanation is enough for me coz I was so stunned to see Arsenal's third choice in goal.

Iwobi will be back soon enough. He is a major part of Arsenal's future. smiley

terzurum5:
Someone should please confirm this piece.

Alex Iwobi Dropped From Arsenal 1stTeam: Sent To U23s

Nigerian Midfield jewel Alex Iwobi has been dropped from the Arsenal 1st team and will not be in the squad to face crystal palace according to various reports in England The 20 year old has struggled for form during the Gunners’ slump in recent months and had been severely criticized by fans and pundits alike for his below per performances readThe Nigerian youngster has instead been sent to the U23 squad with whom he featured for in a 5-2 win at Reading this afternoon.

The Nigerian International had become a regular in the Arsenal 1st team and featured in every Premier League game he has been fit for this season but remained on the bench for Wednesday’s 3-0 win over West Ham and has recently struggled for game timeHis place in the 1st team is understood to have been taking up by Francis Coquelin.

Iwobis slump in form had also extended to the National team and he struggled in the friendly game against Senegal

http://www.soccerassembly.com/alex-iwobi-dropped-arsenal-1st-team-sent-u23s/

cc: Icon4.s, tbaba1.234, TheSuperNerd, etc

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:17am On Apr 11, 2017
ehen!

according to ANS:

Monaco loanee Elderson Echiejile opened his goalscoring account for Sporting Gijon in their 3-1 loss to Real Sociedad on matchday 31 in the Spanish La Liga on Monday night.The Rojiblancos were three goals down but their Nigerian star pulled a goal back with with an impressive left footed shot from the center of the box in the 87th minute. This is not the first time Echieijile has found the net against a Spanish opponent, the left back also scored the last goal while defending the colours of Monaco in their Champions League clash with Valencia back in the 2015-16 season.

grin
TheSuperNerd:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:24am On Apr 11, 2017
A look into the article extract shared by Sir Tbaba1234 and this one below will give you another angled deeper insight into what kinda coach we have.... I believe In Rohr we have just the man to make the New Golden Generation Dream become absolute reality.... smiley Yep... I am that certain

..........................................................................................................

Russia 2018: It’s World Cup ticket or I quit – Rohr
— 11th April 2017 By Joe Apu and Paul Erewuba

Super Eagles manager, Gernot Rohr says he will not stay a day longer in Nigeria if he fails to secure the Russia 2018 World Cup ticket.

Rohr while speaking on Monday Night Football, a programme on Supersports noted that the key to his stay in Nigeria revolves on ensuring Nigeria’s qualification for the World Cup.

“If Nigeria fails to qualify for the World Cup, I will take a walk. It is a challenge and I accept it. Our real focus is to qualify the Super Eagles for the Russia 2018 World Cup and that must be fulfilled.

“The technical crew have been wonderful, the players are eager to represent their country and have assured that getting the World Cup ticket is a task that has to be accomplished.

“Because of the commitment of the players, some of the players even paid their ticket to represent their country. That is the kind of focus and confidence the players have and it is heartwarming.”

While playing down on the issue of the NFF not meeting its obligation in terms of his salary, Rohr stated that delay in paying salaries is not peculiar to Nigeria.

“I have worked in other countries in Africa and I know that they also have such problems. I have confidence in the NFF that they would put things right but that is not the most important issue. Getting to the World Cup remains the focus. As far as I am concerned all other problems are secondary.

“My assistants need to be in the right frame of minds to give me their best and I am glad the NFF has also taken care of their dues.”

On the issue of players in the team, the coach stated that he had found young players that would give their best noting that Nigeria has good players that can play for the Super Eagles but that it does not guarantee they would have an automatic place in the team.

“It is good to have a pool of talented players for the World Cup qualifiers and other competitions. At the left and right full backs, we have players like Ola Aina who was with us in London. He is young and talented. The other one is 19-year old Tyronne Egbuehi. He is quick. That aside, my assistants are also keeping an eye in the home league for players in these positions. I am waiting for their recommendations.

“Though, getting players in these positions are hard to come by but we’re bent on solving this. There is also Abdullahi Nura who is with AS Roma and he is ready to play for Nigeria. We’ll work with him. With these players, we are sure to have a solution in the defence.”

“For the midfield, we have Wilfred Ndidi and our captain Mikel who is in China. And I prefer a situation where he is playing regularly than remaining on the bench in Europe. Same goes for Odion Ighalo and Brown Ideye. They must play for their shirts as there is no permanent shirt for any player.”

On the call for NPFL players making the Super Eagles, the Franco-German tactician said he believes there are good players in the league but insists that there is a lot of work to be done beginning with the players themselves.

“Nigeria is one of the best football countries in the world but facilities must be improved upon to help the performance of the players.”

Reacting to the question of Nigeria not playing quality friendly matches, Coach Rohr said Nigeria has reached a bilateral agreement with Germany that will see her play against Germany but pointed out that the time is not right yet.

“We have a crucial game against Cameroon and Algeria in the race for the World Cup 2018 World Cup as well the AFCON 2019 qualifiers. When we’re done, we’ll play those matches.”

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/russia-2018-its-world-cup-ticket-or-i-quit-rohr/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:25am On Apr 11, 2017
Iwobi took the 3 goals luck with him to Arsenal U23 as they beat Reading U23 5-2, while Arsenal senior team lost 3-0 to Palace. haha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:28am On Apr 11, 2017
Oga abeg... just free ANS... no mind dem.... there was nothing impressive about his goal... but all the same .... Goal bu Goal.... Goal est Goal.... Goal na Goal.... Goal is Goal.... loollll

grin grin
Joebie:
ehen!

according to ANS:

Monaco loanee Elderson Echiejile opened his goalscoring account for Sporting Gijon in their 3-1 loss to Real Sociedad on matchday 31 in the Spanish La Liga on Monday night.The Rojiblancos were three goals down but their Nigerian star pulled a goal back with with an impressive left footed shot from the center of the box in the 87th minute. This is not the first time Echieijile has found the net against a Spanish opponent, the left back also scored the last goal while defending the colours of Monaco in their Champions League clash with Valencia back in the 2015-16 season.

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:30am On Apr 11, 2017
lol let me add to that.. he took a thunderous shot that almost ripped the net..
Congrats Echiejile anyway lol. but the goal funny.. na comedy. hahaha

TheSuperNerd:
Oga abeg... just free ANS... no mind dem.... there was nothing impressive about his goal... but all the same .... Goal bu Goal.... Goal est Goal.... Goal na Goal.... Goal is Goal.... loollll

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 4:28am On Apr 11, 2017
The good thing about arsenal's loss. Is that the fans can't include our boy in the insults

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:43am On Apr 11, 2017
tbaba1234:
The door is always open for the best players. #NPFL players must prove themselves with the CHAN team first. I hope that Stephen Odey can get better because I have a @ManCity striker in my team. At the moment we're a winning team, so the #NPFL players must prove they deserve a place in the team. The problem before the Algerian game was becasue the #NPFL players were on break, so we couldn't tell about their form. There is an existing problem with Nigerian based players. We cannot tell their real age. We've not been lucky enough to play many games, so we have to talk with the players and keep in touch. We've committed time in finding full backs. We have an option in Ola Aina of @ChelseaFC , who has committed to Nigeria. We have Tyrone, Madu who may have game time issues, but we're working to get more options. I am confident we can get players. We've made contact with Top executives in the German FA about a friendly, so we could play them. Not everything is about money. I have a good working relationship with @thenff , I have good players too. My assistants are scouting the #NPFL, Imama may have enough time now, we are following the league. I work more for my assistants than I do for myself. They have families and of course they'll be worried if they don't get paid. We have a technical committee that is doing everything to make sure we do well. Nigeria needs more academies, less synthetic pitches. Nigeria is the biggest football nation in Africa, given the passion.

Gernot Rohr

Several points by Rohr.

icon4s, Joebie, daveP, Thesupernerd, BascoVanVeli, joseph1013, Thegoodjoe, komekn, goldfish80

Tell me why I will not love this man?

Lol @ tbaba1234 don't be selfish naaa... no be only you shared that view na... Some times, i feel as if Rohr or some1 working closely with him visits this thread.

It is not impossible. After all Amuneke's chief press secretary during Chile 2015 U17 was a regular here (not this exact thread but the U17 thread)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:51am On Apr 11, 2017
daveP:
D team is so average looking that everyone just dey their lane. cash that should b lavished on new big impact guys r diverted to the relocating of a stadium to los angeles. style of play sucks as well. no drive down the centre to attempt shots on goal. its so obvious that to frustrate arsenal, opponents use two dms 4 d last 8 games against them. too obvious for failure. c who come b captain sef. laughable. i miss carzorla.

And as Arsenal fans mumu reach next game dem go still full stadium dey support the team.

My take has been "Boycott as Arsenal games until Wenger leave". When the board starts counting losses tell me how they wont sack Wenger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 8:01am On Apr 11, 2017
EmmGee:
The good thing about arsenal's loss. Is that the fans can't include our boy in the insults
*smiling*
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:28am On Apr 11, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
It is not false... and I am not fingerpointing........

And I am not labelling all northern fans black.... get the gist straight.

I am just saying it as it is.... I won't color it.... just because we don't wanna sound like we are attacking the north. I am not attacking the north... just stating what is a factual observation. period.

But lemme leave it at that..... really don't wanna go further on this.

U might be larger than life character but u do not count as not WE. I was speaking of a way forward.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:32am On Apr 11, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

it was the same type of goal Alexis Sanches stole from Iwobi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:43am On Apr 11, 2017
tbaba1234:

Gernot Rohr

Several points by Rohr.

Nice read. However, I think Rohr is missing the point.
First of, I don't think anyone is asking for Odeh to displace a man city striker. What we are asking for is for Odeh to get a call up to train with the team, that camp experience will rub off on him and the Nigerian league. The experience will also prepare him for CHAN.

We all know how Brazil and Argentina set up their players for big European transfers. Using the media and ex players to make lots of noise. What is wrong in using the national team to boost the profile of Odeh in other to set him up for a transfer?
Who knows, this same Odeh could be a very important player for us in the future. His records so far is un paralleled.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:02am On Apr 11, 2017
goldfish80:

Nice read. However, I think Rohr is missing the point.
First of, I don't think anyone is asking for Odeh to displace a man city striker. What we are asking for is for Odeh to get a call up to train with the team, that camp experience will rub off on him and the Nigerian league. The experience will also prepare him for CHAN.

We all know how Brazil and Argentina set up their players for big European transfers. Using the media and ex players to make lots of noise. What is wrong in using the national team to boost the profile of Odeh in other to set him up for a transfer?
Who knows, this same Odeh could be a very important player for us in the future. His records so far is un paralleled.

Ok i'm just going to co-sign on this nothing else to be said.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:04am On Apr 11, 2017
Future NPFL Eagles need patience - Garba

By: Sammy Wejinya | 05 Apr | 06:45
© supersport.com

Gombe United technical adviser, Manu Garba has called on stars in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) to be patient as they will get a chance to prove their worth in the Super Eagles.

Super Eagles technical adviser, Gernot Rohr has concentrated on predominantly overseas-based talent following his appointment as Nigeria national team helmsman in August 2016.

Many have made a case for NPFL top scorer, Stephen Odey and several others to be given a chance to strut their stuff in the national team and Garba believes they will get their chance sooner rather than later.

“Apart from Stephen Odeh, there are also other good players like (Rivers United right back), Ifeanyi Nweke doing well in the league,” Garba told supersport.com.

“There are so many good players in the NPFL and in the near future, I think these boys need to be given (a chance to play for the Super Eagles).

“There is (Super Eagles assistant coach), Salisu Yusuf in the technical crew and he is the one that is supposed to recommend the players to Rohr,” he said.

Garba has earned his stripes as a trainer with an eye for unheralded talent.

He famously coached current Super Eagles and English Premier League stars, Success Isaac and Kelechi Iheanacho at U7 and U20 levels.

The widely-respected trainer is certain domestically-based stars should not be viewed as good enough only for Nigeria’s squad for the African Nations Championship (Chan).

“I believe that in the near future, the local boys are going to be there.

“They should be invited only to play with the Chan squad; they need to be invited to the main team to contest for positions too,” he concluded

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:11am On Apr 11, 2017
EXCLUSIVE: Stephen Odey not for sale at any price! – MFM FC warns Rivers United off star striker

MFM FC management has told Rivers United that their star striker Stephen Odey is not for sale at any price.

Rivers State Commissioner for Sports, Boma Iyaye took to the social media to propose an open cheque transfer to MFM FC for their prized asset Stephen Odey following a meeting he had with the Rivers United faithfuls where they asked him to sign the striker.

The Commissioner was quoted to have said:”It is interesting listening to you guys. I enjoyed every bit of the arguments and all that. Please, I need somebody to bring me any striker in the NPFL or Africa better than what we have. Rivers United will pay any amount, inclusive of commission. Don’t be in a hurry, the offer lasts for one week. Our criteria are current form, please.

“Sorry, Odey I will make him the most expensive player ever in the Nigerian league. This is an open cheque for all of us to benefit.”

With the news of Rivers United ready to do everything to sign their star player making round, MFM FC head coach Fidelis Ilechuckwu told sportlineng.com that Odey is not for sale at any price adding that MFM FC is the richest club in the league and don’t have any obligation to sell any player.

“This is an interesting news, Stephen Odey is not for sale at any price,” he said.

“In fact, he wouldn’t leave MFM FC for any Nigeria Professional Football League club because he is very happy at the club.

“We are the richest club in Nigeria but we don’t make noise about that so I can’t imagine us losing him because of money because we also have money.

“This is a player we developed because of our great youth football development scheme. Odey is happy at MFM FC, Rivers United can look else where.”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 10:28am On Apr 11, 2017
Icon4s:

And as Arsenal fans mumu reach next game dem go still full stadium dey support the team.

My take has been "Boycott as Arsenal games until Wenger leave". When the board starts counting losses tell me how they wont sack Wenger.
those arsenal fans there are one stubborn fans. simple boycott matches, they cannot. to protest they will still bottle it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:29am On Apr 11, 2017
Hmmmmm...... so it is true..... Rivers Utd were indeed planning a big buy.... wow.

And Coach Fidelis says MFM is the richest Club in Nigeria.... hmmm.... how true is this?

And about their youth Devt. scheme..... I concur. I remember back in 2008 and 2009 in my teens when MFM FC was still in their baby stages as a club... their policy was centered around the youth. Back then they held the MFM cup contested by many MFM branches and look at how far the metamorphosis have brought them in Nigerian football. Their focus on Youth and fresh talents is outstanding. Kudos to Dr Olukoya for this football club.

BascoVanVeli:
EXCLUSIVE: Stephen Odey not for sale at any price! – MFM FC warns Rivers United off star striker

MFM FC management has told Rivers United that their star striker Stephen Odey is not for sale at any price.

Rivers State Commissioner for Sports, Boma Iyaye took to the social media to propose an open cheque transfer to MFM FC for their prized asset Stephen Odey following a meeting he had with the Rivers United faithfuls where they asked him to sign the striker.

The Commissioner was quoted to have said:”It is interesting listening to you guys. I enjoyed every bit of the arguments and all that. Please, I need somebody to bring me any striker in the NPFL or Africa better than what we have. Rivers United will pay any amount, inclusive of commission. Don’t be in a hurry, the offer lasts for one week. Our criteria are current form, please.

“Sorry, Odey I will make him the most expensive player ever in the Nigerian league. This is an open cheque for all of us to benefit.”

With the news of Rivers United ready to do everything to sign their star player making round, MFM FC head coach Fidelis Ilechuckwu told sportlineng.com that Odey is not for sale at any price adding that MFM FC is the richest club in the league and don’t have any obligation to sell any player.

“This is an interesting news, Stephen Odey is not for sale at any price,” he said.

“In fact, he wouldn’t leave MFM FC for any Nigeria Professional Football League club because he is very happy at the club.

“We are the richest club in Nigeria but we don’t make noise about that so I can’t imagine us losing him because of money because we also have money.

“This is a player we developed because of our great youth football development scheme. Odey is happy at MFM FC, Rivers United can look else where.”

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (16464) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: owbabs, Ginistev and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.